In Search Of A Wish

By manhwa-kun

The legendary magician of the black tower was just roaming around the town in boredom but found nothing. Thou... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER-1
CHAPTER-2
CHAPTER-3
CHAPTER-4
CHAPTER-5
CHAPTER-6
CHAPTER-7
CHAPTER-8
CHAPTER-26
CHAPTER-9
CHAPTER-29
CHAPTER-10
CHAPTER-30
CHAPTER-11
CHAPTER-31
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER-13
CHAPTER-14
CHAPTER -15
CHAPTER-16
CHAPTER-17
CHAPTER-18
CHAPTER-19
CHAPTER-21
CHAPTER-22
CHAPTER-23
CHAPTER-24
CHAPTER-25
CHAPTER-27
CHAPTER-28
....

CHAPTER-20

94 6 2
By manhwa-kun

"Jeannette..."
He mumbled shocked when found the brunnete standing there with a curious look.

"Yup, that's me!"
She smiled at him, her jewelled eyes changing into crescents.

"When did you come here?"
The white haired asked still in daze.

"Just awhile ago! I wanted to suprise you so told uncle to not tell you!"
She answered and turned her eyes back to the greenery, her jewelled eyes looking around the place.

Ijekiel just looked at her and stood at the same place.

"It's been awhile, right?"
"Since we stayed at the greenery together..."
Jeannette spoke making Ijekial turn towards her, she was looking at the Rose between the Lilies with a bright smile.

"U-hm..."
He replied scratching the back of his nape.

"Do you remember these Lilies? We planted it together in childhood as a promise that we will stay together in future..."
The doe eyes of the brunnete looked back at Ijekiel. But there was something that felt odd about her gaze.

"Yeah, Right"
Ijekiel answered even though he never remembered doing this, strangely despite being naive and clumsy Jeannette was really observant to things she liked, even her memory seems like fresh about the events...

"I wonder from where this Rose came in between the Lilies"

The brunnete lifted her hand to touch the Rose but like in a protective way her hand was slapped away from the flower by the latter.

She winced in pain and looked up at the albino head, "S-Sorry I didn't meant too..." He tried holding her hand but she pushed him away causing him to look at her with confusion.

"Jeannette..."

The brunnete was holding her hand as her face was covered by her bangs.

"You liked her... didn't you...?"
She mumbled softly in the silence of the greenery.

The two were the only one at the place, they stood close but somehow there distance felt far far away than each other. Like they lived in two other worlds.

Ijekiel bit his lower lips and tried behaving like he didn't understood, "What do you mean by that, Jeannette"

!Slap!

"Can you stop it!!"
"You know very well who am I talking about!!"
She yelled with small amount of tear in the corner of her eyes as another slap landed on Ijekial's cheeks.

He had his head lowered as his hand held the place where she slapped softly rubbing it hoping for the pain to subside, but the pain of the slap wasn't what hurted him the most, it was her words.

"Yes, I do", he let out in a weak voice threatening to break apart.

And that response was enough to make the brunnete break into loud sobs as fat tears fell down through her cheeks.

"I...Loved you the most...but still couldn't have you..."
She muttered getting a hold of the man's shirt as she slowly started to fall down to the ground.

"I wanted a family...But now I wonder What really is a family..."
She looked down at the floor with tears still pouring out of her eyes.

The white haired man stood at the exact location he stood with his face looking down but not at the brunnete.

"I do got a father for whom I always wished for...but what is the use of it!? Is he really my father!? I...Am I just a nobody..."
Her voice sounded like she had enough, filled with hatred.

"Would... Would anyone even care if...I ever disappeared...? No, right?"
She mumbled.

Right now, Jeannette felt miserable and helpless.

She was taught from childhood that she have to be the best, the number one and the most loved...but what exactly is 'best' or 'loved'?

She would still be a puppet, the best puppet loved by all because she is beneficial....

What can she be, except this?

Who really is she?

Who was she?

Nobody...

A shadow...

A fake...

"Athy- no, I lost the right to call her that... Princess Athanasia, was the only person kind to me...and I...What did I do in return...?"

Jeannette looked at the floor with guilt filled and agonized eyes.

"She was kind to everyone, Jeann-"
When Ijekial tried holding her shoulders in an attempt to comfort her, he was again pushed away.

"Right, And what did we do in return? Made a celebration at her death..."
She muttered and the latter froze, he knew that saying anything wouldn't do anything at this point.

Even he, himself wished he could disappear in guilt...

In the end Ijekiel took a seat beside her on the floor but didn't tried touching her even if she sobbed terribly.

"I hate you...I hate his majesty...I hate uncle...I hate aunt...I...I hate myself..."

"Athanasia had been the kindest but what did we do?"

"Killed her!"

"I regret it...I regret not saving her...I regret ignoring her...I regret behaving like I don't know anything when the cause of all this was me..."

"What's the use of greaving over someone who you killed yourself?"

"Why his majesty acts like he regrets it when he was the one doing it all..."

"Why do you act like you still love her when you did nothing but turn your eyes away from her miserable figure..."

"Why...Why I miss her when I pretended she never was there..."

"We are all nothing but a bunch of idiots...I hate everything!!"
She shouted while crying and looked up at the sky which looked clear through the glass pane of the greenery.

"If...If I ever got the chance to be with Princess Athanasia again then I would wish to be her close friend again...but next time do the right thing and help her..."
She joined her hands and closed her eyes in a position that seemed like she was praying.

"Please...I beg you...God..."

Ijekiel looked at the praying brunnete and looked at the sky, his golden eyes reflecting the sun.

'If in next life I would get a chance to meet her again...'

'Then don't make her fall for me...Give her someone she deserves...'

He looked at Jeannette and thought before going back to the sky, he joined his hands and closed his eyes.

'If there IS next time, then please...make sure that the princess finds her happiness...even if it's not me...'

'I may fall for her again... again and again...but don't let her fall...She must find her right path...'

'Please listen to our prayers, God...'

===

"Achoo!"

The blonde looked at the kid worriedly and walked towards her.

"Kami are you alright? Do you perhaps have a cold...?"

She asked with a concerned gaze and the kid quickly shook her head.

"No, It must be that someone is thinking me...", Kami spoke rubbing her nose.

The blonde looked at her suspiciously causing some sweat to drop of the younger's forehead, though after a while she believed in her words and looked back at the other two.

"Ah! Later I'll give a bath"

Purple lines formed on the kid's face as her face grew paler and she looked horrified.

"N-No!!"

"There is no No!!"
The blonde strictly looked at the hazel eyed youngster who looked horrified and was going to run but was captured by the blonde.

"No running miss"
Her jewelled eyes glared at her in a dangerous way.

"Kyaaaaa!!"

____________________________________

I wrote this whole chapter while listening to these songs,

What is love

The Feels

Troublemaker

Misbehavin'

And other cheerful songs...
Wow..no wonder the chapter felt optimistic while revising....My poor Jeannette! I wanna hug her(T·T)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 415 24
Second chances.. Always comes to people who needs them... But.. What's important is... How one uses it.. Her love.. Her trust .. Her affection...
122K 4.5K 75
[COMPLETED] BEWARE- THIS STORY IS BEING PLAGARISED BY NOVELHD WEBSITE AND TRUYEN.COM. THIS IS THE ORIGINAL WORK. DONT ANYONE DARE STATE I HAVE COPIED...
58.7K 2.4K 48
Bounded by her ancestor's sin, an adored talented Princess, Athanasia De Alger Obelia, has to meet a lone vicious witch called The Wizard of The Blac...
4.2K 190 9
athanasia who has been in a loop of her life, dying and being reborn again and again because of her family, with finally catching a small break by be...