A Spell Too Far

By mamatagantayat

--- " I won't hug you. Don't annoy me! " She grumbled. " You have to hug me, and that's an order! " Shivin p... More

Welcome! ๐ŸŽ‰
Prologue:
Character Aesthetics โœจ
1. Chaos ๐ŸŒช
2. Blunder ๐Ÿ’
3. Marriage ๐ŸŒผ
5. Diamonds๐Ÿ’Ž
6. The Moon๐ŸŒ™
7. Simp Dulhe Raja! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
8. Seene pe bojh? ๐Ÿคก
9. Beach day๐Ÿ–
10. Yug's day out ๐Ÿ˜

4. Tale teller wife ๐Ÿ’โ€โ™‚๏ธ

531 42 29
By mamatagantayat

Shona's pov: 🦢

The marriage and all other functions are completed but I have hardly spoken with Shivin except for the occasional apologies and tit-bits. His mom and cousins have made me sit on this huge bed decorated with balloons and they have informed me about how he will give me a big surprise. Is he going to buy me a fluffy toy like Oreo? Wow. That would be so nice.

Out of pure happiness and excitement I looked around his room and it is very beautiful. After changing my clothes and cleaning my face, I remove my jewelry and massaged my hair slowly. Too many hairpins. Wearing a yellow colored kurti I retired to the bed with My Oreo and other soft toys. It’s impossible for me to sleep without my toys. I am glad papa has delivered them to his no- our room. Hehe. Cuddling with my softie Batman I closed my eyes and slept.

After sometime, suddenly I’m lifted up  that made me collide with a solid wall. I cried out as I got hit on my head badly and opened my eyes to witness Shivin sitting really close to me. He is so very handsome. I looked over and saw that Oreo was lying close to the couch. Frowning I slipped out of the bed and brought my softie to bed while Shivin was lost in his thoughts. I was about to sleep but he jerked me awake again and said that he won’t let my toy to sleep on the bed. I gave my reason to him but he ignored it and now I’m standing with Oreo. He even threw blanket and pillow on me but since I didn’t catch it so it fell down. I want to cry but I laid on the sofa. I am so tired and sleepy. I will complain about him to his mom. Thinking how rude and mean this boy is, I closed my eyes while cuddling with fluffy and didn’t know when sleep came.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Shivin's pov: 🦝

I am sleeping peacefully one moment and in the next I’m jerked awake when someone threw cold water on me.  What the heck? I said quietly seeing my mom glaring at me.

Why did you do it mom, I slept late plus I have an important meeting today. Now I am going to have a headache due to lack of sleep I groaned while standing up and swiping wet strands from my forehead.

Shut up you disrespectful boy! Why did you throw Shona’s toy and made her sleep on that sofa?  Mom said while throwing a towel on my face. I made a sour face listening to her. So this babyface is also a tale teller huh. I ignored her and went inside my washroom shutting it with a loud thud. Coming out of the closet completely dressed I found my mom still standing in my room. I wore my cuffs while buttoning my shirt and jelled my hair. I made sure to collect my important files for the investor’s meeting and placed them inside along with laptop in the bag. Time for some healthy breakfast hmm.

Oh! So now you will ignore your only mother? Very well son. Just wait! I am going to ask Shrivastav ji to cancel all the meetings scheduled for today mom said throwing fire from her eyes.

I am the owner mom and dad can’t do anything. I really find these stuffs meaningless and there’s no need to talk about these issues I said softly to make my mom understand about it.

But Shrivastav ji is the MD and you are only the CEO beta ji mom said and smirked.

Mom why are you doing this? I got married as per your wishes and yet you are giving me trouble I tried negotiating with her.

I will let you attend the meeting if you say sorry to Shona and after three days attend the reception and dinner party without your nasty tantrums and intimidating personality said my dearest mother. I was astonished. How can my own mother be this cruel on me?

What the hell! NO. I will not say sorry to her but will let her to sleep here on the bed with that idiot toy and for god sake no way will I bear another useless function. I won’t attend any reception party.

Hmm ok now I will have to deal with it but you have to attend the party. Why are you forgetting that the media appearance is needed pacified my mom and I finally gave in to her demands.
Raja beta mera! Now that you are done let’s go and have breakfast. It was Shona’s pehli rasoyi today and she has made delicious desserts. Chal! She said and we both made our way to the dining table.

Descending down the stairs I found that babyface eating pasta with extra cheese. She is wearing loose fit red chikankari kurti suit. She looks beautiful and the color suits her light complexion. I sat beside her while closely looking at every feature. With a pinch of vermilion on her hairline and the beaded mangalsutra she had filled her eyes with kohl along with rosy colored lipstick. I felt like biting those pouty lips just like she is chewing those fruits.

What did I just blabber right now? I think my marriage with this girl has damaged my brain.

After finishing her pasta and some fruits Shona looked beside her where I was sat. She met my eyes and nervously looked at my mom dad and again at me. I gave her a glare and like a scary little kitten she huffed back on her seat. I was about to pick up the egg omelette and toast but my mom asked me to taste the sweet dishes that were prepared by her.

Pack it for lunch mom. You know I don’t eat sweet this early and moreover for breakfast I said and resumed eating my toast followed by sipping the masala tea. I found Shona sitting there quietly looking down.

Shona beta do you want juice or tea perhaps? Eat more na. why did you drop your fork? Should I make something for you? asked mom when she was passing another cup of tea to me. This severe headache deserves at least 3-4 cups of strong tea. All thanks to this babyface and mom.

No mom I’m done. Thank you! she said and was about to get back to our room when dad stopped her. He gave her Shagun in an envelope along with a gold bracelet and mom gave her a diamond jewelry set. Shona looked like a lost kid who was unable to understand integration sum of grade 11th.

This is your reward beta. The dishes are delicious. You are very cute beta and we are happy that you became a part of our family. Stay happy always dad said while mom hugged her like a baby.

She shyly thanked them and went upstairs. My eyes automatically follow her figure till she was out of my sight. How can she be so fit if she consumes only junk food I thought while eating and finished my tea. Wiping my lips with tissue I bid goodbye to my parents and was about to leave while my mother stopped me.

Listen, today in the evening there is muh dikhai rasam and tomorrow for Shona’s pagphera rasam she has to go to her home so you will drop her and will bring her back here next day. I won’t listen to any of your excuses and khoteya get her a gift. She has cooked for the first time. She deserves it she said to which I nodded and walked outside of the house.

If I like the dishes made by her then only I will get a gift for that babyish girl I thought and drove my car.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Shona’s pov: 🦢

I just woke up from my sleep. It was really uncomfortable to sleep on sofa and I think I have ended up having an aching back now. I will tell papa to either put a new bed here for me or Shivin to let me share the bed. After folding the blanket and placed Oreo on my dressing table while making my way inside the washroom.

I took a refreshing hot shower and was badly confused with what to wear. Since mom has said that I must dress up like a newly wedded bride so I will go with this red kurti and white leggings as all the other dresses that she has packed for me are very heavy. My mom is very dangerous. This red one looks so simple and pretty. Yaay.

Since my hair was wet from the shower I simply blow dried it and made my way downstairs. I saw Dhriti aunty in the kitchen hence I skipped to her and said Namaste. She smiled and kissed my forehead.

Beta ji Good morning! Are you ready for your 1st kitchen ritual? She asked to which I nodded. She said I don’t have to stress about making too many items and only one sweet dish would suffice. I have learned making many sweet dishes as my mom forcefully taught me. I practiced them and even had them for dinner so I will make them all. Hehe.

Shona beta you cook whatever you want but first tell me what you want to eat my beautiful daughter-in-law. Your forever young mother-in-law wants to cook breakfast for you! She said in an eloquent style making me giggle and I started cooking.

Mom will you make cheese topped pasta for me please? I'm craving it I told showing her my puppy dog eyes that works every time with my papa. She awed and started boiling the pasta immediately. Told ya.

Mom I want to talk to you about something. Woh! My back is paining and Shivin didn’t let me sleep-

Aarey beta about that…. Uhm- I mean it’s very normal and moreover my son never had a girlfriend so uhm josh josh mein aakar beh gaya hoga pyaar mein Mom said chuckling awkwardly.

I don’t understand why he would behave rudely with me and throw my toys if he never had a girlfriend.

Mom he threw Oreo away and told me to sleep in the sofa and- and spoke many rude things to me. He didn’t let me sleep in the bed I told her in one go while garnishing the kheer with almonds.

What? Who is this Oreo you are talking about? Is naam ka toh biscuit aata hai na? she asked shockingly.

Oreo is my friend. My teddy bear. He has white and black fur so I have named him like that I said merrily. She came out of her thoughts and again asked me if his son did all these bad behavior with me to which I nodded.

Ok I will take care of that khoteya. Why don’t you have your pasta and here have these dragon fruits. I will just come back, if you need anything then call me ok.

Ji mom I said and started cutting fruits and added dry fruits. I made mango kheer and garnished it with slices of mango, crushed almonds and saffron along with desi ghee gajar halwa and sprinkled kaju badam nicely. I also made aloo paratha and egg omelette with toast. I chopped some papaya’s and more dragon fruits while Sheila aunty, the maid took the dishes and placed them on dining table.

Everybody ate the sweet dishes except Shivin as he doesn’t like to sweets in the morning but he ate 4 pieces of toast and 2 round omelettes. His mother said it’s a first time as he always eat only single toast and eggs. Which means I have made good food. Dad said sweet words and mom hugged me. They also gave me money and many gifts as reward for my cooking. I became shy as so much attention at once made me flustered.

After eating my breakfast I found him glaring at me so I ate fast and speedily walked inside the room. He was not only giving me hard stare but was scanning me like an X- ray machine, maybe mom gave him an earful. Very nice. He deserves it.

It showed 10 am in the wall clock and since I didn’t sleep well in that sofa so now I will take rest on the bed with my Oreo. This rude boy is also not here he won’t know. After some time I stirred to the beeping of my phone. Groggily I sat up while picking my phone.

Get JioFiber and enjoy Free access to multiple News Papers
& Magazine with Jio News in English & Local languages.
Plans starting at just Rs.599/ Month.
Click www-

I shut the company message and went inside the washroom. It was 3 in the afternoon. Hehe I have slept till such late. Since I felt warm so I took bath again and changed into a simple skirt and tank top. I came downstairs as I was hungry. Entering into the kitchen I found a man in his 30s with rolled sleeves in chef dress cooking.

Excuse me can you prepare food for me please? I asked him and he shyly nodded at me so I sat in the food area while waiting for the yummy dishes.
After sometime he came with a plate of Afghan chicken tikka, veg stuffed spring rolls, honey chilly potatoes along with butter naan and fried Manchurian topped rice. He even gave me a glass of mango shake. I smelled it and couldn’t stop myself. Simply the first big bite made me squeal in happiness. It was just like any 5- star hotel food.

Wow! What’s your name? The food is fantastic. I am loving it. I don’t mind eating food regularly made by you I said while taking another big delicious bite of butter naan and afghani chicken. So yummy. He said his name was Raghav and asked me if I needed anything else with twinkling eyes.

No thank you and please call me Shona, not ma’am I said and he hummed. I finished my lunch and place the plate in the sink.

Bye Raghav I said happily and he nodded with a smile while cutting potatoes. I went back upstairs. Now I have to plan what to do as I am getting bored.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Phew! Done with another update. 🧏‍♀️

~• I have copied the company message from my phone 🤭😬

~• How are you guys liking the story so far?

~• Do you think Shivin will get gifts for Shona and if yes then guess what?

Till then,
Happy Reading 🍒

Ps: I'm on Instagram too😛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 62.4K 52
"Ashima come with me, we need to talk" Edward said and before I could react he took hold of my hand leading us out of the club ignoring my protest as...
76.4K 7.5K 47
His jaw was clenched as he raked his eyes at the woman standing before him. The woman started walking towards him, while he controlled himself from s...
336K 31.6K 45
โ› The Dark love of Mafia's โœ โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:*โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* Secrets which are hidden. Some secrets are burned and some are buried beneath their feet, some a...
73.6K 3.1K 27
๐•ฝ๐–†๐–๐–›๐–Š๐–Š๐–— ร— ๐•ด๐–˜๐–๐––๐–Ž โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข ๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ท๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฆ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ฎ, a very big businessman and at the same...