Backstage love ♮ Park Jisung

By markscult

♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay... More

♮PRELUDE
♮EVERLAST
♮2
♮3
♮4
♮5
♮6
♮7
♮8
♮9
♮10
♮11
♮12
♮13
♮14
♮15
♮16
♮17
♮18
♮19
♮20
♮21
♮22
♮23
♮24
♮25
♮26
♮27
♮28
♮29
♮30
♮31
♮32
♮33
♮34
♮35
♮36

♮1

19.2K 927 1K
By markscult

The moment our gazes
increasingly intertwine
your and my dream begins

The summer sky was fragile, it's frail cotton white clouds becoming infused with greyness which extinguished the radiance the hidden sun had gifted earlier.

The rain was incessant, starting off as infrequent small droplets that no one seemed to mind. Despite the growing darkness, students still laughed together and couples roamed the streets.

The harmonic pattering of nature's white noise had become persistent, sky now a bleak canvas of differing shades of grey.

People had began to disperse, shielding themselves from the rain which got heavier.
The hooded girl continued on her way, hands warm in the fleeced pockets of her coat and the rain drowned out by the music playing through her headphones.

She stopped at the crossing when the lights switched colours and cars began to set off, wipers ridding their windows of rain. The rain seemed to create a gloomy mood which carried itself through the people around her.

Hayun thought the rain was beautiful, compelling her to glance up at the sky. The droplets hit her skin, cascading down her cheek to her jaw. The cool air provided a second of calmness, the breezing relaxing her from her nerves.

Her eyes then drifted to the building opposite her, on the other side of the crossing. It was the entertainment building, the company she had joined not too long ago.

It felt like forever until the lights changed again, starting to walk across the road at the crossing, the beats of the music drumming on her pulse as it vibrated in her ears.

The large building got closer until she was stood outside it, opening the door to be greeted with a nice warmth which contrasted the coldness she had just came from.

Hayun pushed her hood off, running her fingers through her hair as she continued to walk into the main entrance after greeting the usual security guard.

She hadn't been in the company for too long so she wasn't completely acquainted with a lot of the staff, she hoped she could get to know more people though.

It was a surprise when Hayun got called into a very serious meeting not long ago, being informed that they would like her to be in the final debut line up.

She hadn't been a trainee for as long as the other girls, that set some pressure on Hayun because they had all already gotten to know each other for longer. Still, she had trained with them for the time she had been there.

Of course she was overjoyed by the news of her debuting but it still came with a lot of uncertainty and worries.

Hayun entered the elevator and pressed the floor she needed, adjusting her bag on her shoulder. Unexpectedly, someone had put their hand between the door before it was about to shut. It made her jump slightly in surprise because she had been so in her own head.

The door opened wider, revealing a girl who looked older than her and she was carrying a box full of fabrics with drawings of outfits on the top. She smiled at Hayun, glancing to see she had pressed the same floor she needed.

It wasn't that hard to recognise who she was in the elevator with, Yeonhee was a pretty known name after all.
They didn't speak in the elevator, mostly because Yeonhee was on the phone, speaking in English.

When they arrived at the same floor, Hayun let the older girl get out first before she followed out. Sometimes Hayun got confused with the practice rooms, the hallways all looked the same.

"Hey boys, ready to see the newest creations I got for you?" Yeonhee said when she stepped into one of the practice rooms. Hayun didn't see who she was talking to but she checked the time on her phone, realising she didn't have long until practice started.

Practice was hard. There was no sugar coating it at all.

"Hayun, you're here." Seola greeted a little breathlessly, smiling nevertheless. She must've already been practicing alone.
"Hey, how are you?" Hayun asked, making sure their leader was okay.

Hayun couldn't imagine being a leader, she really respected them because even though they hadn't debuted, Seola was handling a lot. Hayun didn't want Seola to be taking on everything herself, however it was hard to share burdens as of now.

"I'm great, thanks babe. How you feeling?" Seola replied, walking over to grab a water from the fridge.
"I'm okay." Hayun began to unzip her coat and glanced at the clock. "Where are the others?"

"Oh, I think I saw them downstairs you know? No idea what they're doing though." Seola shrugged, tying back her hair. "We'll just wait a minute then."

Hayun agreed, following Seola when she started stretching.
"Are you excited, you know to debut?" Seola asked the younger girl.

Hayun had joined the other trainees barely two months ago. Since Everlast was already set in place, the girls rarely practiced with other trainees but had encountered Hayun quite a few times. Because Minhee had been taken out of the debut line, Hayun was put in.

"Yeah, I can't believe it though sometimes...it's weird to think my dream is actually coming true."
"Trust me," Seola laughed breathily. "I know, it doesn't feel real does it?"

"Nope." Hayun shook her head, glancing at Seola through the mirror. "How long have you been training?"
"Too long. Nearly 9 years. I used to train with the idols who are already debuted like NCT and Aespa...can't believe it's finally my turn."

"Wow...9 years? They should've debuted you earlier, you've been waiting for so long."
"People have been waiting for longer than me, but most of them left already." Seola explained, glancing at the door which got pushed open.

The sound of laughter filled the air, the other three girls entering together with drinks in their hands. Hana nudged Akari teasingly about something that must've happened before arriving here, Suyin giggling at how Akari was sending warning glares.

Hayun would say the other girls were very close to each other, they had known they would debut together for a while. It was never easy being someone who would come later on, inevitably it would be hard to fit in.

Despite that, Hayun didn't have issues getting to know people. She was pretty easygoing and open to talking to people but still everything was so new and she was still adjusting to it all.

"Hey girls." Hana acknowledged the two who were already in the practice room, Akari yawned and stretched her arms up.
"I'm so tired, I didn't sleep one bit because of these two."

That was another thing, the four girls lived together.

Hayun was yet to move into the dorms, it was happening soon but they had to move out Minhee and get Hayun into new contracts...it was all just hectic.

Right now, she lived with her Dad and her siblings at home, it wasn't too far from the company building.

Their dance teacher came into the room, clapping her hands loudly and making them all gather around.

Practices were strict, especially when it came up to debut time. Jinae was their dance teacher, she primarily worked with Everlast. She was a pretty intimidating person, needing everything perfect of course.

Jinae ordered them to stretch thoroughly first, walking around to correct their stances to get the best possible stretch of their muscles to prepare for practices today.

Hayun glanced at the clock, it was 11am and from the several practices she had, she knew she wouldn't get out of here till the night.

There was no easing into the dances, straight away they were being asked to perform the first section of their debut dance. Jinae and two other choreographers stood watching intently, watching every step and movement like a hawk.

It was nerve wracking, especially when they would abruptly call out for them to stop and point out the issues.

"Hayun, you're not extending your arm out the same as the others. Try again."
She nodding, her throat feeling drier because in that moment, the disappointed tone of her teacher only made her nerves worse.

Hayun was a pretty confident performer, she fit in well with the others but the girls had more time working together. Hayun was at a disadvantage but she didn't want that to be an excuse, she would do well- she will do well.

Like that, they continued the gruelling practice until they were all breathing and their body was aching profusely. They took a break hours later, Seola went to meet up with Yeonhee and some of the Nct Dream members.

Akari had decided to go and speak to the producers with an idea of changes to make to their debut song.

Hana and Suyin had gone down to the cafeteria to meet up with some of the other trainees, telling Hayun to come with them but she declined due to the fact she wanted to just go over the steps a few more times.
Hayun assured them she would come down soon to eat with them all.

The music vibrated the ground she practically collapsed onto, unable to go on for longer because her body was pushing itself without a break.

Lifting her head, Hayun stared back into her reflection. She was alone in the practice room, the bass of the sound pounding in her head. She closed her eyes tightly at the headache forming, tiredly getting her feet where she swayed a little.

She shook her head, heading over to switch the music off and that's when the practice room was engulfed in silence.

Hayun grabbed a water bottle, unscrewing the lid to replenish her thirst with the cold liquid. She left her coat in the practice room, along with her bag that didn't have much in it. Grabbing her phone and pulling her headphones over her head, she exited the room after switching the lights off.

It was much cooler out here in the hallway, she paused outside her practice room door to pick a song to listen to.

The opening of another door on the other side of the hallway and rowdy chattering gained her attention, she glanced up to see a few members of Nct Dream exiting their practice room.

Since she was the only one in the hallway when they exited, she happened to make eye contact with Renjun that noticed her despite being mid argument with Donghyuck.

Renjun and Donghyuck lingered outside too, waiting for the others. Donghyuck sighed heavily, storming back into the room to yell at Jeno to hurry.

Hayun wasn't really one for the awkward silence so when it was just Renjun and her in the quiet hallway, she gave a simple greeting.

"Hi." She said, out of politeness and mostly friendliness because she knew too many people who would just walk past without a second glance.

Renjun looked her way, giving a smile which looked a little reserved but friendly nevertheless.
"Hi." He greeted her back, her smile remained as she walked past towards the direction of the elevators.

Hayun went on with her day, realising the break wouldn't last for long and she was starving.

She texted Hana, asking where abouts they were eating to which she replied in the company's cafeteria. Hayun hadn't been there many times, she mostly came to practice then went home and ate with her family.

Now that she was spending more time here, she had visited a few times to grab something to eat with the girls.

Upon entering, she pulled her headphones down to around her neck as she got into line. It reminded her of school, the way the cooks would dish up the food. The good thing was the food was very fresh and good quality.

She waited behind some trainees who were younger than her, they were in school uniform still and as she watched them, she wondered how different her life would be if she decided to go to university instead of abandoning education.

Hayun glanced over her shoulder, eyes scanning the large cafeteria to find her friends. The line behind her was getting longer but she hadn't turned to see who was there, her eyes lighting up once she found the girls.

She turned back around, moving further up to start getting her food. She thanked the nice cooks, moving away from the hot food to the section they had off to the end which desserts and snacks.

There was always fruit cups and various healthy snacks. But they had limited amount of sweet snacks too, including desserts which ran out pretty quick.

Hayun came to a stop by the round table with the snacks, her eyes drifting over the selection they had. When she spotted the last chocolate cupcake, a surge of happiness blossomed.

Joyfully, she reached out towards it but at the same time someone had grabbed it. Her fingers brushed theirs, Hayun instinctively glanced up a little further than normal because he was tall.

When she laid eyes on him, immediately she knew who it was. Since the cupcake was in his hand, she retracted back her own.

"Oh, I- um. Sorry, you can.." Jisung extended it out awkwardly, a shy flush beginning to bloom on his skin.

He had a zip up hoodie on, the hood was up but his dark hair which half covered his eyes was still visible. He didn't make much eye contact out of sheer awkwardness yet he still held out the cupcake because he felt guilty.

"No, it's okay." Hayun stepped to the side, reaching out to grab the fruits instead. "You can have it."

She didn't sound bitter about not getting the cupcake in the end, the interaction was short and meaningless and Jisung's eyes diverted from her retreating figure to the cupcake in his hand.

"Again." Jinae called out, urging them to repeat.

Sweat was beading at Hayun's hairline, chest rising and falling at a quickened pace. She leant forward, resting her hands on her thighs as the other girls got into position around her.

Straightening up, Hayun blinked away the tiredness clouding her eyes as she looked into the mirror and the music started all over again.

She didn't finish practices until midnight, the other girls being taken home by a manager to their dorms.

Hayun opted to walk home that night, reaching the doors and wishing the security guard a good night.

The night air was cool against her heated skin, she no longer felt as trapped as she did in that practice room. She had a lot on her mind and the ten minute walk to her house was enough for her to just think.

The streets weren't that quiet, people visiting the convenience stores and others going to nightclubs.

Hayun walked through her neighbourhood, sniffing a little at the cold. Turning into her driveway, she slowly turned the key and quietly entered her house, locking the door behind her.

She slipped off her shoes and her feet into the slippers her father puts by the door because she always forgets.

She didn't hear much as she entered, knowing they were all most likely asleep. Hayun walked into the dark living room and further until she reached the kitchen.

Running the tap, she began to fill a glass with water to drink. Her eyes drifted over to the fridge which had pictures of their family and drawings stuck on it.

Plates were piled in the sink and some cupboards had been left open. After drinking, she shut them and made a note to wash the dishes in the morning.

Turning around, she tucked the dining table chairs in as they were messily out, gathering the coloured pens to put away in her sisters' art box.

Hayun went up the stairs, legs aching from the exhausting practices. She first checked her younger sister's room, opening the door and walking over to the bed to check on her, next her younger brother's room. Upon entering, she noticed her Father was fast asleep on chair next to the bed.

Walking closer, she put her hand on his shoulder to wake him. Making sure to stay quiet as he stirred, opening his eyes to see his eldest daughter.

"I'm home, you should sleep in your room." She told him, he nodded and glanced at the youngest child in his bed fast asleep.

"Good day?" Her Dad asked once out in the hallway and Hayun hummed.
"It was good." She told him and he smiled, patting her arm and retreating to his room tiredly.

She let out a sigh when he shut his door, she stood in the hallway for a few seconds before turning around.

Hyunwoo was two years younger than Hayun, she knew he was still awake because even on school nights he would be playing games.

Opening his door to meet the sight she became accustomed to, she sighed.
"Go to sleep."

He didn't acknowledge her, not even sparing her a glance even though he knew she was there.

"Hyunwoo, take that off and go sleep." Hayun repeated as more of an order.
"Five minutes." He mumbled.

The tired girl just turned around and walked into her room that she hadn't been in all day, a deep sense of relief washing over her.

Immediately, her bag was dropped to the ground and her feet tiredly took her towards the bed and when her legs made contact with the edge of it, she flopped down onto it.

Laying immobile, Hayun could feel the overwhelming urge to fall asleep. Her eyes were beginning to close but she had yet to even freshen herself up and get ready for bed.

With a groan, the girl pushed herself up off the bed and a yawn escaping her. The bright bathroom lights blinded her, making her squint.

Opening her eyes, she stayed standing there zoning out in complete exhaustion. She couldn't even move, hand coming to rest on her hip with a sigh. Hayun threw her head back, realising that tomorrow she'd have to do it all over again.

I hope this is worth it.

FIRST CHAP GUYSSSS FIRST INTERACTION HOW WE FEELING

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80K 2.6K 71
❝ 𝙄𝙛 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙚, 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙚? ❞ SOULMATE & MAFIA AU ! BOOK 2 in the RIDIN' SERIES
231K 7.9K 33
in where a girl texts chenle for fun, but didn't expect him to see it. a crack fic. • swearing • alcohol mentioned • • book 1 of the social media se...
164K 7.2K 59
༻ Idol AU ༻ "They don't know about the love we have behind the scenes." Book Two in the 'Glitch Mode' Series
1.5M 75.5K 82
↬ Idol au ↬ "You're back again?" "Oh, did you miss me?" "Wipe that smile off your face Lee Donghyuck, you're ruining my night shift...