HEARTEATER

By chatisdaddy

a D1 relationship hater falls for a helpless romantic. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6

Chapter 5

28 1 4
By chatisdaddy

Day 1

————

As soon as I open my eyes, I check my phone to see if I've gotten a text from him yet.

Sure enough, I have.

(407) xxx-xxxx
good morning

I stop myself. Preventing a small smile from forming on my lips.

Yesterday, him and I spent almost all day texting back and forth.

Yet, I still can't tell you much about him.

He knows my favorite things, my age, even my zodiac sign. But whenever I tried to ask him those same questions in return, he would switch the subject back to me.

I don't even know his name.

attitude.
morning.
did u even sleep tho?

(407) xxx-xxxx
i didn't
but it's cool

attitude.
it's not

(407) xxx-xxxx
oh?
is this luxury saying she cares abt me?

attitude.
ofc not

(407) xxx-xxxx
wowwww

attitude.
but still...
u should still be prioritizing sleep.

(407) xxx-xxxx
youre right..

attitude.
when am i not?

(407) xxx-xxxx
come over tonight and help me sleep.

My eyes widen in surprise.

Not because of what he said, but because of what I was about to say.

The words 'i'll be there' are typed up on my keyboard, too damn near close to being sent.

Why am I planning a second link-up this fast? I barely even know this guy.

We have one good conversation and I'm already getting comfortable.

When I get attached, that's when I start to catch feelings. And I refuse to catch feels and lose this little bet with Essence.

Not only for the tickets, but my pride is at risk.

I turn off my phone and walk to my bathroom, I brush my teeth and slide on some shoes before making my way to the elevators.

Riding my way up, I reread his text to the point where I have each word memorized.

'come over tonight and help me sleep.'

I'm glad my read receipts are off. I can always say I didn't see the text if he asks what took me so long to respond.

Normally, I leave people on delivered if I have no interest in them. But this time I have no clue know what to say.

Is he flirting? Is he genuinely wondering if we're going to see each other again?

I don't want to make things awkward with the wrong answer, so I simply shove my phone in my pocket and walk toward the poolside.

This is one of my favorite times to come up to the poolside. It's less crowded and pretty. The two AM swim nights are still on top.

"A young nigga can't speak?"

I look toward the direction of the voice and see Purp walking his puppy in laps across the rooftop.

He was the first person to speak to me and Essence when we first moved in. He even helped us get a little of our future off the moving trucks.

I don't know his real name. He just told us to call him Purp.

He also sells me carts from time to time.

"Good morning," I mutter back. My smile widens when his puppy runs over to me and jumps against my thigh.

The puppy barks and runs in circles around me.

"I didn't think Purp would be the type of guy to care for cute little babies like this!" I laugh as the baby pit falls over from too much excitement.

"I don't," he responds. "My girl out of town for a few days. She asked me to watch her mutt while she's gone."

I look up in offense. "Don't call her that." I say after looking down to see if the poor little thing's feelings are hurt.

He lights a blunt. "And why the fuck shouldn't I? She can't even understand me."

"This beautiful baby isn't that word." I rub behind the dog's ears. "Isn't that right, mama?"

The puppy wags its tail and barks in satisfaction.

My phone buzzes in my pocket. I pull it out and read a text.

(407) xxx-xxxx
did that scare you away?

I sigh, I forgot all about the text for a moment.

I wanted to tell him no.

No, he didn't scare me away at all.

As a matter of fact, he's attracting me more than anything.

And that's what I'm scared of.

The puppy runs back to Purp at the sound of his whistle. "Aye, you good?"

I look up at him. "Yeah." Standing up completely, I walk over to him and he passes me the blunt.

"I normally don't share my shit, but the way you was just on the floor looking... You definitely need it more than I do."

I blow out a puff of air. "Definitely," I chuckle.

After a few more hits, I pass him back the blunt. I check the time and decide that I should go back to my apartment.

"I'ma go Purp." I say without looking up from my phone.

"Stay safe." He says mid puff.

As I ride the elevator back down, I finally out my phone and text back.

attitude.
lmfao no
mb

(407) xxx-xxxx
so..
you coming over or what?

I scrunch my face.

attitude.
nigga i dont even know u

(407) xxx-xxxx
i mean you at least heard of me right?

I look up from my phone and ask myself, 'what is he talking about?'

Unlocking my apartment door, then quickly locking it behind me once I'm inside, I head back to my room.

attitude.
no

(407) xxx-xxxx
wait im confused..
tell me what all you know about me

I look around my room, almost wondering if this nigga is genuinely insane.

What could I know possibly know about him? We had just met a few nights ago when instead of giving me a proper introduction, he told me to fuck off.

The only thing I know about him is...

attitude.
u live in orlando.

(407) xxx-xxxx
that's it?

attitude.
yep.
sad isnt it?
im talking 2 a stranger who knows
all my interests..
while i dont even know his name

(407) xxx-xxxx
😂

attitude.
whats funny??

(407) xxx-xxxx
you're funny 😂
and my name is Jahseh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

862K 40K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
618K 37.6K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
12.6K 65 7
uhh this is about duke dennis .. the man he is himself so basically this will be about how this random girl fell inlove w him while him,kai and davo...
253K 5.1K 39
In which a boy goes to college to be the best at basketball and to succeed and he meets a girl trying to do the same for herself , but they need each...