π‘ˆπ‘›π‘π‘œπ‘›π‘‘π‘–π‘‘π‘–π‘œπ‘›π‘Žπ‘™ ~...

By DWeber02

"Whether it's love, support, or surrender, if something's unconditional it's absolute and not subject to any... More

π‘ˆπ‘›π‘π‘œπ‘›π‘‘π‘–π‘‘π‘–π‘œπ‘›π‘Žπ‘™
π‘ƒπ‘™π‘Žπ‘¦π‘™π‘–π‘ π‘‘
π‘ƒπ‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘™π‘œπ‘’π‘”π‘’
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑂𝑛𝑒
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‡π‘€π‘œ
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‡β„Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘’
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ πΉπ‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝐹𝑖𝑣𝑒
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑆𝑖π‘₯
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ πΈπ‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑇𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝐸𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑇𝑀𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ πΉπ‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ πΉπ‘–π‘“π‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›π‘‘β„Ž
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑆𝑖π‘₯𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ πΈπ‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑇𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑦
πΈπ‘π‘–π‘™π‘œπ‘”π‘’π‘’

πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‡β„Žπ‘–π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›

1.9K 64 3
By DWeber02

His eyes stared at the empty chair by the dining table in Buckingham House. The servants were lining up as they remained quiet in their position. George never stepped foot in the house before considering it belonged to Anastasia. His right fingers began tapping on the stem of the wine glass as he waited patiently for his wife to come and dine with him, but the tapping fingers began to shake uncontrollably. She is not coming. Not coming. She knows. She knows. Venus. Venus.

His head flicked as he thought more about Anastasia. The light that drove him out of the darkness. Her smile, her laugh, her eyes, her-- Troll. Troll. Nothing but a troll. You are not enough. You do not matter to her. Transit of Venus. Venus. His eyes shifted to his hand which was quivering while he pressed his lips together to try to remain calm as his heart was racing.

His eye began to quiver while the whispers echoed through his mind, his breathing was shuddering quietly. His eyes shifted to the area in the room to see the painting below the ceiling. An animal in a cage. Animal. Beast. Disfigured giant. Giant. She is a beauty. Beautiful. Alluring. Delightful. Appealing. Heavenly. Heavens. Stars in the heavens. Star. Finding Venus. Venus. Ven-

A comforting hand on his left shoulder silences the whispers. His breathing and heart beating was at peace when his quivering hand rested on the table cloth, a hand drifted away from his shoulder. His state remained to be present as he exhaled. His hand lifted a sip of his red wine to his lips, then set it down on the table.

Nodding his head as he savored his sip of the wine, then spoke out. "It's good color on this wine, Reynolds."

"I shall let the kitchen know, Your Majesty."

There were echoed heels clicking on the floor, she is coming. The sound had never consumed more happiness to hear from a distance. When the servant stepped aside, there she was.

His Anastasia was dressed in a beautiful coral gown while the sparkling crystals rested around her hair, her neck, and her ears. Her face was in shock to see him which he couldn't be more pleased to see. She curtseyed him while he stood up from his chair.

He grinned softly, "Hello, Anastasia."

She rose up and she hesitantly walked to the table. Her voice was curious and cautious, "Hello."

"Is it all right if I join you for a meal this evening?"

"A meal?" Her eyes examined the food while his grin remained the same. Hoping she would like the surprise but her eyes showed anger. "A meal? Are you... A meal!??!"

His grin lowered to hear the frustration echoing through the room, then she scoffed. She turned away as she grabbed her dress and marched off. "Anastasia. Where are you going? Where are you going?"

Brimsley took one step forward before George halted him with a finger as he chased Anastasia down to the corridor. She shouted as she continued to run, "Now you become more curious!? I am going wherever you are not!! Perhaps a creek where I can fall into the deep waters and drown!!"

"Anastasia," pleaded George. Her heels slammed each step on the floor as she did not listen to him. "Anastasia!! Anastasia, if you'll give me a chance... Anastasia, stop walking this instant!!"

"Compel me to!!" As he called out her name again, his hand touched her arm while she pulled it away from him. "Do not touch me!!"

His hands quickly pulled back from her arm, "I'm sorry, Anastasia, will you please listen to me for a moment? Please?" She stopped as she listened. Her eyes looked out at the hallway while her lips scowled, his arms were on his sides as he talked to her back.

"I... I realize you have no reason to like me. You have no reason to trust me. I marry you, and then I disappear into my observatory. And then I come in to dine as if..." He saw her lashes as she shifted her eyes toward her side. His eyes looked down at her as he shifted his words, "But if you give me just one evening of your time, allow me to show you where my mind has been. It might not make you forgive me, but it might make you hate me a bit less.'

His hand opened by her side as he pleaded one more time, "Anastasia... please." The palm of his hand was cold but he remained hopeful that she would accept his hand. Her face relaxed when she dropped her dress to the floor, then rested her hand against his.

Anastasia turned her body and her eyes toward him. She saw the hope in his eyes and then she said three words that satisfied him. "Lead the way." George held her hand softly before guiding her to the observatory in Kew Palace.

***

"Does that mean you're coming home to Buckingham House?"

"I am coming home to Buckingham House." His eyes saw her wide smile as she let out the laughter. Her eyes connected to his as he smiled happily to hear her laughter.

After their kiss in the observatory, George began to list down the things with Reynolds to check his luggage. The excitement in his soul could not stop as he was willing to spend a night with his wife. The servants began carrying the luggage out of the bedchamber until Dr. Monro entered.

"Your Majesty?"

"Not now, doctor. I'm busy moving."

"Moving?"

"To Buckingham House."

"Without consulting me?"

He sighed before he walked over to him, "I've instructed the men to find you quarters there. Though I am afraid our consultations may become rather less frequent, alas."

"Such a change could have disastrous consequences for your health."

"My health." He began to spark his truthful words as he let Anastasia impact his mind as well as his heart. "Doctor, I feel healthier than I have in years."

King George and Queen Anastasia spend a romantic night together from the night he moved. The following morning, he was alerted by the visitation from his mother which he did not want. Not on the happiest morning of his life. His voice began to raise up, not knowing that there was an eavesdropping ear upon the parted doors in the sitting room. The argument made Princess Augusta leave, but he couldn't help but hear the whisperings flooding into his mind.

His eyes looked at his wife walking on the field from the window. His breathing was shuddering more until the view of her disappeared from the pane. He was summoned to the examination by Dr. Monro as he pleaded with Reynolds from his breaking voice. "Anastasia."

"She will never know of it."

After the Coronation Day and the even day, it was the dark night upon Buckingham House. George looked up at the ceiling as he remained alone in his bed. Breathing deeply while the fireplace was close to dying in the logs of wood. He rubbed his face in exhaustion before rising up from his bed. He could not sleep, he had no clue why he could not sleep. He is happy, right?

Tying his robe under the nightshirt, he began to walk out of the corridor. His thoughts collided as he pressed his lips together before he looked up at the stars from the window. Sighing deeply.

Suddenly, there was soft music from the pianoforte through the corridor. His eyebrows furrowed as he listened to the music. His feet are lured to the music as he can hear a soft humming along with the sad melody. The humming voice was a siren's song his eyes sparkled with the voice.

From the moment he turned the corner, the music was louder in his ear. Knowing he was closer, then there was a faded candlelight peeking through the parted doors. The melody was intense as it was furious and hurt. Standing from the light, he saw Anastasia playing the pianoforte by the candlelight in her blue dressing gown. Her eyes focused on the keys as she was expressing her emotions upon the music.

The soul remained there through the bridge of a song, then the music softened the tone. His soul was enlightened as he truly understood her emotions through the music. "Evermore..."

His lips parted, taking her voice that was mesmerizing. Humming through the melody as she concluded the song with her soft voice that revealed so much pain, "... Evermore." Her fingers pulled toward her as she sighed deeply as closed her eyes.

George sighed softly while his eyes took the sight of Anastasia. He never wanted her to be unhappy or hurt. His illness was taking the burden through the darkness as he cannot live the moment with her. His foot let out of the creaking on the wood which terrified him. He was even more terrified when Anastasia turned her head upon the door, but her eyes saw a silhouette.

Backing away from the light as he quietly ran down the corridor. "Who is there?" George stepped to the edge of the corner, hiding while he heard the footsteps exiting the sitting room. He shook his head slightly as he arched his back against the wall. Shifting his head down as he heard the footsteps walking off into the distance.

He peeked his head out seeing Anastasia walking to her bedchamber, flowing the gown on each step. Sighing deeply before he walked away to the bedchamber, listening to her singing voice in his head. His eyes relaxed while his soft grin rested on his face as he drifted to his peaceful sleep.

"No more even days or odd days."

Those are the words that he wanted to hear from her mouth. His smile beamed as he recited that they both have their days together, no matter what. Anastasia began to lead him to the adventure that he never thought would be considered in Buckingham House.

Her story she began to narrate in her words, he listened and took in every word. Was it really written in the stars that they were brought together? Her life connected to his life, their worlds before were shackled. He could see her smiling through her skills in baking their desserts. Ever since she entered his life, it all became clear and true. Estelle Anastasia of Valiant.

She was his star... the star he yearned for since the beginning. No matter the consequences between them, she brought his heart into affection without any limitations.  His eyes stared deeply into her eyes as the days and their moments together passed on to the sun and the moon.

***

Inside the cellar of Buckingham House in the early evening, George returned to his routine with Dr. Monro as he was shaving him. The cautious eyes focused on the razor that he was waving slightly close to his neck. "Careful, doctor. Remember the giant razor in your hand when you are waving it around like that."

"If Your Majesty would hold still, I might avoid nicking the royal neck. The light down here is now what I'm used to."

"Oh, right. Sorry, we cannot better accommodate you. We cannot risk the queen learning of you."

"I worry about the effects of the cellar's humidity on Your Majesty's constitution."

"My constitution is fine."

"I worry about the effects of this whole place. Since you moved here, you've not been to the chair once." George could not be more happy to not return to the treatments that gave him more pain. Anastasia was one who was coping with the illness that he provided for. "If we do not resume treatment soon, we risk losing everything we have accomplished."

"We? You and I, doctor, have accomplished nothing." Dr. Monro stopped. He was offended by his words while he continued on, "Anything accomplished for me has been the work of my bride. Her methods have done more for me than you and your chair ever could."

His forced hand snapped his head back to the chair while Dr. Monro harshly shaved the cream upon his neck. "Your Majesty forgets himself. Grow reckless... and you give free rein to your most capricious urges." George grabbed the hand as he looked up at Dr. Monro, then he pulled the razor from his hand.

"So does she." He pulled the rag off his shoulder as he began to shave in his reflection. He began to tell a story, "When I was an infant, my colic was never just colic. My colic was a disaster. An ill omen. The potential... ruin of England. When I was a boy, refusal to eat my peas was the potential ruin of England. An incorrect sum of mathematics, the potential ruin of England.'

"I have lived my entire life in terror of acting incorrectly because every incorrect action threatened the ruin of England. The terror nearly broke me. I found places to hide. My farms, my observatory. My madness. I thought that terror was the price of being royal.'

Anastasia appeared to mind as he smiled softly. He began to recite his words as he thought of her, "Now... I have met a woman who is never terrified. Who does as she pleases. Breaks rules, courts scandal. Commits unthinkable impertinences."

George looked deeply at his reflection when all he saw was her looking at him, "And she is the most royal person I ever known." Dr. Monro lowered his eyes as he listened to words that he had affection toward the queen. The king rose from his chair and walked off the cellar, "Excuse me, doctor. I have a party to attend. You are dismissed."

From the bright sun peeking through the stairs as he climbed up, he opened the door to hear the playful laughter that he was quite fond of. His eyes revealed Anastasia in her champagne tulle dressing gown playing fetch with Hope in the hallway. She rolled a ball while Hope was running with her short legs, then returned the ball to her person.

She petted her as she spoke to Hope, "Good girl, good girl."

His eyes longed for her as she fetched a ball for Hope again, hearing her laughter and seeing her warming smile. Cheering for the triumph of her dog before Hope noticed George standing behind her. She ran toward him as she dropped a ball from her mouth. She barked happily then he grinned softly when he picked her up as she kissed him on the cheek.

Anastasia giggled softly as she walked toward him, "It seemed she is quite taken with you, George."

"Do not worry, I have one woman in my life I would like to share with." She smiled softly before George put Hope down on the floor before she played with a ball. Anastasia walked and then rested her hands on his chest, "You are beautiful."

She scoffed lightly while she raised her eyebrows, "I am in my dressing gown. I am not near ready."

"You are beautiful in whatever you wear, even in a potato sack."

She laughed lightly then softly exclaimed, "George, you cannot believe what I have found." She walked over to the table, grabbing a small basket. Inside the basket were purple wildflowers from the field.

"Those little things survived in the coldest season. It is a miracle that they bloomed at perfect timing. Perhaps instead of wearing dreadful feathers, I would like to wear those in my hair. So they are a reminder when we first met, and able to fulfill our souls to the happiness we share."

Anastasia stared happily at George whereas he was looking deeply into her eyes. Reminiscing what he said to Dr. Monro and every moment he shared with her. She was slightly confused by the expressions on his face as she asked while she softly giggled, "What?"

"Nothing."

One word that meant everything while his eyes longed for her. She can read his mind while her soul remained brightened before she grabbed his hand. They both began to walk down together with Hope who was following them to their separate bedchamber to change Britain's history.

"I am yours... and you are mine. From now on, we are standing at the top of the world."

George had no reason why he was awake in the middle of the night. His eyes looked up at the ceiling as he recalled her words that affected him. Slowly, he lifted his head up as he slipped his fingers away. When he realized that he was not sleeping was because he could not bear the happiness in his soul. It was all because of her...

He looked down on her while was sleeping peacefully. Seeing her soft grin while her eyes rested in the darkness. His beating heart echoed toward her when he smiled warmly. She was the cure for his illness. She was the light through the darkness he faced. She breathed into his life that he never had. As he remembered her words clearly... Anastasia made George feel alive again.

Stepping out of bed while dressing in a nightshirt and robe, he exited the room and stretched his neck. His mind thought tea would relax his mind so he returned to his sleep with her. When he was walking down the stairs from the servants' door, he heard that there was someone in the kitchen.

It was Dr. Monro, he was stirring a boiling green broth with herbs on the stove. His voice was shocked and frustrated as he walked closer to him. "Monro, what are you doing here?"

"A spot of insomnia, Your Majesty? Unfortunately, I'm not free for treatment just now."

"Perhaps I failed to speak clearly before. You will never treat me again. You are no longer my doctor."

"Oh. Pity. Nevertheless, I remain the queen's."

He was frozen to hear when he set the pot down on the table where Anastasia baked the soufflé au chocolat from one night. "The queen's?"

"Yes. I'm preparing this poultice for her now."

His voice ripped out in protection as he ordered him, "Stay away from her."

"But Your Majesty, she came to me. Heard the king's doctor was here and figured that she should not settle for anything less than doctor to the king."

"Why would she need a doctor?"

"Well, because obviously, she is with child." His body remained still as he took the news when Dr. Monro looked at him. It was timeless by how much he was frozen. He could not feel anything emotionally but the nerves in his mind increased with fire. "She was not sure, but I am. Congratulations, Your Majesty. A joyous day for England."

Did she know? She couldn't... but did she? Was she going to tell me the following day? Was it the reason why her words spoke to him from the night? His feet walked into the darkness as the thoughts and questions pondered through his brain. He couldn't feel the rug beneath his bare feet.

Anastasia is with child. A child that would become an heir. Boy or girl, girl or boy. A child is growing in her womb. Growing, growing, growing. The view from his eyes revealed the bedchamber to see Anastasia sleeping in the bed. The headboard and her hair were red. Red symbolizes romance and blood. Blood and romance. Does she love me? Love me? Lo- Venus.

Suddenly, whooshed entered his mind while his eyes longed for her. His body gave out when he held onto the chair behind him. His breathing began to shake as the nerves conjured his mind. The sight of Anastasia was blurry until it became dark. Venus is calling me. Venus. Transit of Venus. I must find her. Where could she be? Anastasia was a star. She sparkled.

With his hands with charcoal, he began to draw all the calculations, mathematics, planets, and measurements in the sky. "Farmer. Farmer King. Farmer George. That is not right." His eyes focused on the calculation that was close to success, "Recalculating."

"George, is that you?" His head shifted while he continued drawing as he muttered his words. Venus is here. Here. Here. By my side, here. A voice called out to him, "George?"

He was summoned as he looked at the star who was holding a light. Dropping a charcoal as he made his way to his path. Star is a star, he must find Venus. He continued to walk the path while hearing her voice sparkling with words, "George, stop! You are scaring me!"

His mind grew stronger as his eyes searched for her. Venus. Venus, where are you? I need you. I cannot stop until I find you. The eyes looked out of the night sky with stars as he hurriedly walked upon the path. The heavens. Venus. Transit of Venus. Farmer George. Farmer George.

"George, it is freezing out here!", yelled the star. "You have nothing on your feet!"

His feet did not matter, what mattered was finding her. There was a small white star beyond the surface of the sky. He screamed out in delight, "I SEE YOU!! Venus, my angel!! I see you!!"

Upon the soil beneath his feet, he stared out of the sky. Tearing off his robe and nightshirt as she was able to see him, only him. Looking at her, he began pleading on his knees as he reached up at the sky. "I'm here! I feel you. Talk to me. I knew you would come. I knew it!!"

Venus sparkled when he stood up, cheerfully. Smiling as his cheeks were hurting, "Yes!! They will see. I know. Yes!!"

Someone was beside him, it was his friend. Golden-top who was luring him out, "Your Majesty, perhaps you would like to warm up."

Laughing with joy when he was not cold, he looked at his friend. "It is Venus!! Do you see her?"

"I do, Your Majesty."

"Say hello!"

"Hello, Venus. Let us cover you with this."

Screaming from his core while his hands were around his mouth, "HELLO, VENUS!!!" Gasping softly as his eyes connected to the sky. There was a soft enchanting voice that was calling his name.

There was a touch on his back that sparkled him, "Farmer George."

He looked down, seeing his star calling out to him. He could've sworn that he saw an angel. "It is Venus. Say hello."

"No, I am Venus. Right here. I am Venus."

"You are Venus." Venus nodded while his hand reached out to her while smiling with joy. He had found her. She was more beautiful than he ever imagined. Chuckling with delight, "You are Venus?"

"Oui. Venus is going inside." George looked up at the sky, confused as he listened to her words. "You need to come with me."

"All right. I thought... I thought you were in the sky."

"I was in the sky, but I transited on to you. The Buckingham House is warm, we better go inside together." His eyes longed for her while a warmth rested on his shoulders, her smile revealed with stars. Like diamonds, like crystal. Her voice was quiet, "Come on... we are going on an adventure."

Farmer George had found her. Venus is with him. Their dirty bare feet led on the path together.

***

"What is this? What is happening!? What has happened to my George!?!"

Estelle Anastasia of Valiant did not sleep last night, she remained sitting on a chair. Looking at her husband, quietly. He was breathing calmly when the sun rose from the field. She did not know how she felt, but she did know that her vessel was empty as well as her soul. Her eyes averted away from him before she stepped out of the bedchamber, then entered on her own.

Her heart was racing while her mind had never been more clear. She had not talked to Reynolds or Brimsley ever since she found out. She spoke to a servant to prepare Lucky for a ride. Without her crinoline but in her comfortable corset, her gown was silk red with white lace fabric below her sleeves. A dresser handed her red gloves while her golden red hair was down on her shoulders with no jewelry remaining in her hair or on her ears, but a simple gold diamond necklace.

The moment she stepped into red heels, the doors opened to hear Brimsley calling out to her. "Your Majesty." Anastasia ignored him as she walked out of the bedchamber while the raging fire was inside of her. Her feet hurried up to the stairs while she let her hands invite the gloves. "Your Majesty. Your Majesty, wait!"

"Brimsley, stop following me!"

"Your Majesty--"

Anastasia snapped her furious eyes at him, "Brimsley, stop!!"

"I know where are you going, Your Majesty. I can read your thoughts as well as my own. I beg you, this will not end well."

"This will not end well? Do you hear yourself, Brimsley?" Anastasia walked closer to him while her voice broke, "It had never been well before. Everything was all a lie... and I trusted you."

Brimsley lowered his eyes down while he swallowed his throat. He connected his eyes to her before he softly spoke, "If I must say, Your Majesty. I did not know as well as you did. I had been lied to as much as yours. I suspected, yes, but I am on the same page with you. I would always be on your side, Your Majesty." Anastasia stared at him while the emotions inside of her were heightened. She believed him as much as he believed her.

Pressing her lips together as she inhaled her breath. She looked out the distance, seeing George in his bed sleeping in her mind. Her mouth parted as she let out an order. "You shall stay. Keep watch." Brimsley bowed his head down before she turned away and walked.

In his place, his feet remained still as he watched her go. The doors opened before a servant put Anastasia in a golden hooded cloak. A hood hid her face while she picked up her gown as she walked down the stairs. The doors shut while Brimsley stood firmly in his place, sighing deeply.

From the same timing upon the bedchamber, George stirred awake from his sleep. Breathing softly before he put his hand on her. From the touch, he felt a silk covering, no Anastasia. His head lifted up to see no sight of her. Maybe she had written him a note on the dresser, there was no note. He shifted his body to see a blanket covering his naked body. He can smell the familiar scent of flowers in the atmosphere.

She was here.

Slowly, he sat up from the bed, then he looked at the sight. A terrifying sight of charcoal drawings on a wall. Breathing heavily as he shook his head slightly, not wanting his fear to be true. From his side, he heard a horse neighing and galloping from the window. George rushed to the window pane and pulled the curtains away. Seeing a rider with a golden cloak riding on a horse out of the palace. Anastasia... "Reynolds! Reynolds, my carriage!"

Rushing out of the bedchamber while he quickly gets dressed as the carriage prepares for a destination at St. James Palace. Anastasia repeatedly snapped the rein in anger as the legs galloped faster on the path. Her heels rested on the stirrups while her eyes focused on the path from the house into the ton of London.

All the people in the ton had their eyes following the mysterious rider through the streets. Her horse can feel the emotion as his shoes run on the surface. Ignoring the angry and surprised commotion from the tonspeople. Breathing heavily as her mind was focused on the rage. The footmen saw the rider approaching as they held their arms up to guard the palace.

Righteously pulled the reins, letting Lucky kick his legs toward them as he neighed powerfully.

They all backed away carefully to see the rider was still seated on the saddle. The horseshoes halted on the path before she stepped down on the road from the saddle. The men's eyes widened in shock from the moment she pulled a hood away from her head. Revealing her face to the footmen. "Your Majesty."

They all bowed down to her before she passed a rein to a footman. She untied the ribbon from her cloak and then passed it onto the servant by the door. He bowed his head toward her as he held on to her cloak. Anastasia entered the palace while her furious eyes were in flames, marching her heels up the stairs, and down the corridor while the servants were bowing their heads to her.

Bursting the doors with her hands never minding the servants by the doors, she invited herself into the sitting room with Princess Augusta who was having tea with her friend on a table. She laughed amusedly with her friend before she noticed Anastasia walking from the threshold. "Ah, Anastasia. I did not expect you. The Danbury ball was a triumph."

She ignored her and her friend who was curtseyed when her voice remained strong, "Has Your Highness tried cutting mutton with a dull knife?" Princess Augusta's eyes showed confusion before she raised her hand to silence her, "Let me save you with your questions, Princess Augusta. I found it frankly odd that the knives used to be sharp enough and suddenly they were all dull. They all happened when the King moved from Kew to Buckingham House."

She looked at her as she shared silent thoughts before she excused her friend from the room to discuss in private. Her friend gladly obliged, including the servant who was standing in the room.

The queen continued on while the highness was silent in the tense moment between them. "Odd as such, but in other words a coincidence. A coincidence ever since the king moved in all the upper windows had been shut and suddenly locked everywhere. Locks on the armony, the kitchen, the shed where the gardeners keep their shears. A coincidence, surely."

Her eyes narrowed with fury as she remembered one last thing that summarized everything. "If I am particularly stupid enough to not see, in the whole shelves of books in the library. There is one book missing, and that is King Lear by William Shakespeare."

"Forgive me." Augusta patted her napkin near her mouth to hide the lie that she can see through and through. "I am not a Shakespeare enthusiast."

"King Lear is about a mad king because George is mad, and I live in a madhouse!"

"You forget yourself, Anastasia."

"All this time, I thought it was the damaged one. That somehow I was deficient when he--"

Augusta slammed her hands on the table while she stood up and shouted her voice, "The king is not mad! The king is merely exhausted from holding the greatest nation in the world on his shoulders!"

"And whose fault is that?!"

"The moor blood is moor blood, Anastasia, you know better! You are as royal as my son is!" Augusta walked closer to her, withstanding her reasons loudly. "What could you know about that? The weight of that on a boy. The weight on his mother as she watches her son start to crack. If, God grant, you ever do bear an heir, then you may start to learn, and your first lesson will be this. You would do anything to stop the cracking.'

Hearing her words was letting her trap into the world. She was happy with him, but one lie that is keeping her still. Her feet were shackled to the floor as well as her soul. From that moment, she never knew the true meaning of freedom anymore.

"You would engage hideous doctors and a thousand disgusting treatments! You would scour Europe for a queen grateful enough to aid him. And yes, if necessary, you'd leave the rough edges of his nature for his bride to discover in due course."

"Rough edges!?!" Anastasia scoffed as she repeated her words, her eyes showing more emotion than ever while her voice became louder. "HE WAS TALKING TO THE SKY!!"

"And what of it!?! You were nothing. You came from nowhere. Now, you sit at the helm of the world. What matter if your husband had his peculiarities?"

"I was not nothing, I was everything! I had a life that I once loved before. The liberation until every one of you have taken from me, all because you wanted someone to be a caretaker for him! A wife who had to look out for a person I did not want nor I did not ask for! I never wanted to have the Crown above me. I surely did not ask for marriage!! All I ever wanted was to be happy for my choice, for my duty of standing at the top of the world. I am not happy, and I never will be again!! George is not my friend, my partner, my husband, the king of Great Britain and Ireland! He is nothing but a lie! Now my libration is now shackled! ALL BECAUSE OF HIM!!!"

From the closed doors, someone was listening to every word in the argument. Someone who was heartbroken to hear her voice. Someone who wanted to leave. Someone who petted her horse on the way. Someone who was staring out in the distance in the carriage, repeating the words in his head over and over again. He is nothing but a lie! Now my libration is now shackled! ALL BECAUSE OF HIM!!! The tears began to fall on the cheeks as he sniffled his tears.

She was gone from his life. His Anastasia.

All because of one thing that was driving them apart, his madness. His throat was choked up as he could not bear the emotions that were shredding him apart. His feet walked upon the path in the dark tunnel then he opened a door to the laboratory. Revealing Dr. Monro in his eyes.

"Your Majesty."

His voice broke as his tears sobbed out, "Strap me back in."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

384K 26.2K 52
When Summer Princess Lumikki is offered to the Winter King as payment for a debt, the Winter court is dragged into chaos. Alone in a foreign land, wi...
167 48 34
(under editing, interested ones may reach out to me) In the symphony of love, their melodies intertwined, yet fate's chorus whispered no promise of f...
115 6 5
EXCERPT "Darling. Darling. Darling. British men are always using words like 'darling', 'love', 'sweetheart'; it's culture, tradition - it really mean...
330 48 22
Alexandra is a fierce yet lively princess. She is athletic and has been raised as a prince, with the same education and military training. Alexandra...