At The End Of The Tunnel

By jaydenkingg

[BoyxBoy] Kai Carter has been through hell and back. His parents are abusive, homophobic and don't support h... More

1) Alone
2) Bad Parenting
3) Down Memory Lane
4) The Outcast Alliance
5) Sundays
6) Friendship Unlocked
7) I Feel Important
8) Paint Me
9) End Product
10) Is That Jealousy?
11) But, It's Midnight
12) Your Parents Are Jackasses
13) Deep Breaths Damien, Deep Breaths
14) Don't Lie To Me, Kai
15) You, Me And The Guys
16) The Lake
17) A Good Stalker
18) Oui
19) Bonfire
21) The Drive
22) A Little Obsessed
23) Welcome
24) Senior Field Trip (Pt.1)
25) Senior Field Trip (Pt.2)
26) Boyfriend?
27) Welcome To The Family
28) Spilling Secrets
29) Happy And Free
30) Everyone Will Know
31) I Just Wanna Be Left Alone
32) Karma Really Is A Bitch
33) Somewhere In The Distance
34) Better Off Broken
35) This Is What It Feels Like
36) Never Alone
Epilogue

20) The Day After

15.4K 525 117
By jaydenkingg

Song: Half Light by Banners

Kai Carter (POV)

I grabbed another fist full of the duvet, wrapping it tightly around my body. Throughout the night, it seemed that my duvet was trying to get away from me, I have no idea what I had done to the sheet, but the more I pulled it towards me, the more I felt like an invisible force was pulling it away from me. I was starting to think that I was sharing my bed with a ghost.

There it was again, that annoying pull. 'I don't know where the fuck you think you're going, but I'm not going to release you. I'm fucking cold.' I gave the duvet a final tug releasing it from the evil force that was trying to steal my warmth away from me.

"Jesus Christ, will you stop stealing all the cover." A very familiar voice grumbled causing my eyes to fly open. But before I could see anything, a dull ache had taken up residence within my skull. I had a terrible headache.

Ignoring the throbbing of my head, I turned in the direction of the voice. There he was in all his glory, his upper body was void of any form of clothing, and he was wearing black shorts. Even in a lying position, his muscles were still very defined. I had the sudden urge to run my tongue down his abdomen and...

Stop it, bad kai.

Before my dirty thoughts could continue to torment my mind, my eyes finally landed on Damien's face to see that he was giving me an annoyed look. To be honest, I couldn't even remember how I got here.

"Damien?" I said and winced at the sound of my voice. My throat was dry and my voice sounded hoarse. I definitely didn't like the sound of that.

At the sound of my voice, the annoyed look on his face was immidiately wiped out. He sat up and scooted closer to me.

"How do you feel?" His voice was even deeper than usual.

"My head and stomach hurt." I answered. "Why do I feel like that?"

"You don't remember?" He asked me.

"Remember what?" I asked.

"That you were drunk out of your mind last night. Why did you drink that much?"

The memories started slowly coming back to me. I remembered my father telling me to not come back home for the night, and Wendy with her filthy hands around Damiens shoulders.

But the only thing I said was: "To cope."

"To cope?" He echoed my response and I nodded.

"Kai, you almost did drugs last night. If I were not there you would probably still be at that lake wasted away." He said in a serious tone.

Me? Almost did drugs? That's absolutely insane. "What?"

Damien sighed. "You were drunk. Why did you drink that much? I don't like you putting yourself in danger like that. And alcohol should never be used as a coping mechanism okay."

I nodded. "I-I just saw Wendy all pressed up against you and I was already having a bad day so I just couldn't take it." I said looking down at my hands.

"I know, you told me something along those lines last night." He told me. "Remember what I told you after that?" He said with a hopeful look on his face.

I nodded. Although I can't remember almost doing drugs, I can remember the conversation I had with Damien in great detail.

"I told you that I liked you." I said getting a bright red color.

"Liked? As in past tense?" He teased only causing me to get a brighter shade of red.

"No" I gave him a playful shove and hid my face in the duvet. "I still like you." I said but I'm pretty sure it sounded muffled.

"I didn't hear you, can you say that again?" He teased, pulling the duvet away from me.

"I said I like you." I said lifting my head up and burying it back into the mattress immediately after, like an ostrich.

I heard Damien chuckle and rub my back. "No need to be embarrassed, cause I like you too." He said and I lifted my head to meet his eyes and bit my bottom lip.

He put his hand on my cheek. "Don't do that," He rasped out. "If you don't stop biting your lip like that, I'll have no choice but to bite them for you." He said causing my heart to skip a beat.

He then brought his face closer to mine. "I really want to kiss you right now, but you were throwing up alot last night. So I guess that will have to do for now." He said and rubbed the tip of his nose against mine.

"I should probably brush my teeth." I mumbled rolling myself off of the bed.

Damien followed my actions and stood up. "Same."

"Do you by any chance have an extra toothbrush?" I asked him.

"Yeah, follow me." He said and walked into the bathroom.

After the two of us brushed our teeth, Damien told me that I could take a shower in his bathroom to which I gladly accepted, while he decided that he didn't want to wait, so he went to take his shower in another bathroom.

During my shower, the only thing that I could think of was the fact that Damien liked me. He actually fucking like me. Damien fucking Beckett, the hottest guy that I have ever seen, the guy that not only me, but probably every girl and gay guys' at school crush, liked me.

Finally, after years of being sad, after years of feeling alone, I don't feel quite alone anymore. I feel like all hope is not lost, and maybe that the sun does shine after the rain goes away.

After I was done with my shower, I put on the black sweat pants and white t-shirt that Damien gave to me. My head was still throbbing, but my hangover wasn't that bad. When I re-entered the bedroom, Damien was already sitting on his bed with a pair of white basketball shorts and shirtless. I swear this guy will be the death of me.

"There's a bottle of painkillers in the cabinet in the bathroom if you need any." He said and my eyes was forced to look away from his body and be met with his face.

I nodded and walked towards him. "I'll take it in a bit." I sat on the bed beside him, my eyes once again glancing at his abs.

"Kai." He said and I looked up at him with my cheeks burning red. "I still want that kiss from earlier." He said tilting my chin up with his index finger and moving his face closer to mine.

I closed my eyes. I could feel his breath on my lips, but then there was a knock on the door causing Damien to pull away.

"What the fuck dude." Damien mumbled under his breath.

He then got up and started walking towards the door. He turned to me. "Sorry about that." He said then opened the door.

"What?" He said with annoyance lacing his tone.

"Boy you better watch how you talk to your mother. You may be bigger, and taller than me, but I can still give you an ass whooping." I heard the voice of Damien's mother, Olivia say.

"Sorry ma'am." Damien said scratching the back of his neck.

"Yeah you better be." The voice of Olivia said.

"So what do you need mom? I was kinda busy." Damien told her.

"Busy doing what?" Olivia said.

"Ya know, just some stuff."

"Damien, who do you have in here?" I heard Olivia say, then her head poked through the door way.

Damien sighed and turned to look at me, giving me an apologetic look. "Cover your ears." He said walking back to the bed.

Before I had a chance to ask him why I should cover my ears, I understood why.

"OH MY GOD KAI!" Olivia shouted.

I looked at her with wide eyes. I didn't know whether I should be afraid or excited. I turned to look at Damien and he just mouthed 'sorry.'

But her shouting didn't stop there. "MAAATT!" She called for her husband.

When there was no answer, she shouted even louder. "MATTHEWWW!"

"YES!" Her husband yelled back.

"KAI IS HERE IN DAMIENS ROOM!"

The entire time, Damien was switching between giving his mother an annoyed look and sending an apologetic look my way.

Moments later, Matt was at Damien's bedroom door. "Did you just say that Kai was there?" Matt said, then his eyes finally landed on me.

"Damien, I can't bieve you." Matt said giving his son a disappointed look. "How can you have Kai up here and not tell us? I've been asking about the boy for weeks now."

Olivia nodded in agreement. "And it's almost twelve and the poor boy haven't even had breakfast as yet. Are you trying to kill him?"

"Oh that's right, he must be starving." Matt said agreeing with his wife. His father then gave him a small tap at the back of his head. "Be a better host. Your mother and I never taught you to starve people when you have them over."

Damien rolled his eyes and stood up. "You guys are seriously over exaggerating. And for gods sake will you two stop shouting information across the house. Use a walkman or something." He grabbed my hand dragging me out of the room with him, with his parents hot on our heels.

"News flash, my parents are kinda obsessed with you." Damien said dragging me down two flights of stairs.

When we finally made it to the kitchen, Damien had me sit on a stool so that he could make breakfast. "What do you want?" He asked me, but before I could answer his mother cut him off.

"Sit," She told her son. "I'll make something for you two."

"So Kai, how have you been?" She asked in a much calmer tone than she had back in the bedroom.

"I'm ok." I said.

"That's good." She replied. "I've been asking Damien about you, I'm so happy that you're here today." She told me. That caused a genuine smile to spread across my face.

"I'm glad I'm here." I said which was the absolute truth.

Before the conversation could continue, Topher entered the kitchen. Whe his eyes landed on me, a grin took over his face. "Kai," He said taking the seat to my left.

"Did you ever finish watching the episode of 'Attack on titan'?" he asked.

I shook my head. "No, I haven't had time to watch any new episodes."

"Well maybe we can watch a few episodes after you're done eating?"

"Have you been painting lately?" Olivia asked before I had the chance to answer Topher.

I thought about it. The only thing that I have been painting was the half done, accidental picture of Damien, but I wasn't going to say that, so I shook my head no.

Matt then entered the kitchen. "Topher get up I want to sit there." Matt said.

"What? Why can't you go sit over there?" Topher said pointing to another stool. "What's so special about this seat."

"It's next to Kai, and I want to talk to him." Matt said.

"What, but I was talking to him first." Topher said.

"And you can talk to him when I'm done talking to him."

"That's not fair." Topher told his father.

"My house, my stool, so get up."

Topher reluctantly got up with a huff and went to sit next to his brother, who was sitting with his arms folded with an annoyed look on his face. I turned to look at him, and when our eyes locked, his annoyance was replaced with a smirk.

"So Kai," Matt said, causing my attention to be turned towards him. "When I was in Germany, there was an auction, and when I saw this amazing painting, I knew that I had to win it cause it reminded me of you." He said placing a canvas, with a painting of what looked like a supernova.

"Wow, it's beautiful." I told him truthfully.

"I though you'd say that. That's why I got it for you." He said and I immediately shook my head.

"I can't take this." I told him.

"Of course you can son." He told me. "I got it specifically for you."

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

He nodded. "I'm very sure." He then leaned towards my ears. "Damien is very fond of you, and so are we."

At the mention of Damien's name, I turned to look over at him, to find that, as always, he was already looking over at me.

***

Thank you to everyone who has been reading this story, leaving comments and voting, it means alot to me. I started writing this story because I wanted to channel my crazy ideas into writing, and I never though that anyone would even read this, so thank you.

Love you guys

-Jay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

885K 38.9K 36
-KIND OF MATURE- "I wouldn't fuck you if you paid me." Well, at least my question is answered. He can get more punchable. We glare at each other, I...
3.2M 122K 49
*** COMPLETED *** Sixteen year old Daniel Layman has been bullied since he came out. His best friend and protector Sean, moved to Los Angeles leaving...
30.9K 2K 31
||Wattys 2022 Shortlist|| Kian Advani was a closeted queer in his high school. Always in denial of his true feelings and emotions. So much so that h...
63.7K 2.7K 44
*SEQUEL TO ONE HOT SUMMER* ROMANCE **The sudden action of Jasper getting to standing, caused the bench to make a painful scraping sound against the f...