RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.2) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the second volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fi... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 16

412 12 0
By ZANE_555

(Tuckson's Bookstore, Start of Flashback)

Police sirens and caution tapes surround the building. A bunch of police officers are scattered all around the crime scene. A few of them discuss over what's the cause of death, the motive, and who would leave the body at the back of the store.

(End of Flashback)

It's been a week since Tuckson's death. During Glynda's class, Y/N is lost in thought, still pondering over the death of Tuckson while a sparring match between Ren and another student ends with Ren being the victor. Ruby, who is sitting behind Y/N, looks at him with some concern as she tap him on the shoulder to get his attention, which it works.

Y/N: "What is it, Ruby?"

Ruby: "Y/N. You alright?"

Y/N: "Y-Yeah. Just thinking to myself."

Ruby: " If you say so."

The rest of his team notice this, especially Yang as she holds his hands which he looks at her, giving him a warm smile. Blake, however, is rather sleepy as she tries to stay awake. 

Glynda: "Okay. Looks like we can fit in one more match for the day. So, who would like to volunteer?"

Swiftly, Y/N raise his hand, wanting to take his mind off Tuckson's death and focus on his class.

Y/N: "I'll go, Miss Goodwitch."

Glynda smiles at this.

Glynda: "Good. Now, anyone else want to spar with him?" 

For a few moments, the rows of students remain still, looking around to see who's going to raise their hand. That's when Mercury raises his hand out.

Mercury: "I'll give it a try." 

Y/N: "Trying to spar with me again?"

Mercury: "Uh-huh."

Upon hearing this, Glynda's smile fade before responding back.

Glynda: "Mercury... Very well. Try not to forfeit like you did with Miss Nikos."

Mercury shrugs as he heads down.

Mercury: "Don't worry, I won't."

He then looks back at Y/N before looking away with a smirk. After minutes of preparing and gearing up, Y/N and Mercury step onto the arena. The two participants ready their fighting stance, waiting for the battle buzzer to ring.

Mercury: "Ready to lose."

Y/N: "I'm ready to spar, yeah."

Once the buzzer ring, Mercury rushed in, throwing a kick at him. In response, Y/N duck under it and hit him in the back of his gauntlets, knocking him forward. Mercury recovers and does a quick step in with a punch. Y/N blocks it and go attack his leg only for Mercury kick him off and goes to kick him on the face, making him back flip away a couple of meters away from Mercury.

Y/N: "Nice reflexes you got there."

He then takes out Crimson and Violet out in their blade mode. 

Y/N rush towards him, weapons at hand, as Mercury goes for a kick flip attack on him only for Y/N caught it with his swords. Y/N push him off as he does a spinning roundhouse kick to Mercury's chest. Y/N follow it up with a knee to his face and a kick to the side of his face. Mercury tries to recover but only met with a barrage of strikes to his body from Y/N's swords and gauntlets. With a single motion, Y/N slash him across the chest, while giving him another kick. As Mercury quickly got up and walks forward, he does a quick sidestep before using his techniques to push Y/N back. Y/N felt some blows reach him, hitting him square on. The moment Mercury was about to kick him in the face until Y/N quickly turns around, blocking it with the sheath Grimm Slayer, catching Mercury by surprise. 

Y/N: ("Gotcha!")

Y/N then kick his leg off of him before striking him with his blades all around his body continuously before punching him, making Mercury's aura go into the red and stand on one knee.

Glynda: "The winner is Y/N L/N."

After putting away his weapons, Y/N was going to offer a hand to Mercury only for Mercury to get up and head to the locker room. Once Y/N came back from the locker room, he heads back to his team, taking his seat.

Ruby: "Way to go, Y/N!"

Weiss: "Ahem, well done."

Yang: "Yeah! That was awesome, babe!"

Y/N: "Because I was punching through the fight."

Yang: "Yep!"

The sleepy Blake immediately awakes upon hearing the school bell for the end of Glynda's class. 

Blake: "H-Huh? W-What's going on?"

Yang: "You miss our Y/N's match, that's what."

Blake: "Oh... I see."

Y/N and the rest of Team RWBY+Y/N look at Blake with some concern before turning their attention to Glynda as she announces.

Glynda: "That is all for today. And remember, the dance is this weekend. But you all have your first mission on Monday. I will not accept any excuses."

As everyone leaves the classroom, Mercury stops beside Emerald.

Mercury: "Learning is so much fun."

(Beacon's Hallways)

Team RWBY+Y/N walk through the hall as they talk about Y/N's sparring match.

Ruby: "That. Was. Awesome!"

Yang cling onto Y/N's arm.

Yang: "I knew you could win."

Y/N: "Hehe, thanks. Got anything to say, Weiss?"

Weiss: "Huh?"

He stares at the heiress before she looks away a bit.

Weiss: "You did well. It was... well-planned."

Y/N smiles, rolling his eyes over her half-baked compliment. Soon enough, Team SSSN are standing by as Team RWBY+Y/N walks past them. Sun notices Blake and runs after her, who is reading her book and slowly following her team.

Sun: "Hey, Blake! You uh, doing, okay?"

Blake shuts her book before slowly looking at Sun.

Blake: "I'm fine."

Y/N turn and walk up to the two Faunus.

Y/N: "You sure, Blake? You don't look or sound great."

Blake: "I said I'm fine. Anyway, what do you want Sun?"

Sun: "Oh, uh... I heard there's a dance and I wondering if you're going..."

Blake: "What?"

Sun: "You know, the dance. This weekend."

Blake: "I don't have time for that. I thought you of all people would get that."

Y/N: "Blake, where is this attitude coming from?"

Blake: "I for one don't think I do. Just... leave me be."

Blake storms off ahead of her team, passing them as Sun sunk down from that rejection. Y/N and the rest of Team RWBY stare after her, worried over their teammate's behavior.

Ruby: "I think we have a problem."

Weiss: "A major problem."

Yang: "A major Blake problem."

Y/N: "At least she isn't planning on running away again."

Sun: "Well, that sucked."

In response, Y/N place a hand on Sun's shoulder.

Y/N: "Sorry, Sun. I know you're a great guy and all but, I don't think Blake is in her right mind at the moment. But we'll try to solve it."

Sun: "I hope so. See ya."

Y/N: "Later."

As Sun left, Y/N and his teammates gather around to discuss about Blake.

Ruby: "Alright team, we have to confront Blake."

Y/N: "Agreed."

Weiss: "So what do you think is the best way to do that?"

Yang: "I think if she goes to the dance, maybe that would help her lose her stress at least."

Y/N: "Yeah. Let's do that. That way, she can ease and enjoy herself."

(Team RWBY's dorm)

It was evening and the rest of the team are inside the dorm as Blake is sitting in her bed, arms crossed.

Blake: "You what?"

Ruby: "We want you to go to the dance with us."

Blake: "That's... that's ridiculous."

Yang: "Blake, we're worried about you. This investigation is starting to mess with your head."

Y/N: "And you're becoming more restless in the process."

Blake: "Huh?"

Weiss count the facts on her fingers.

Weiss: "You can't sleep, you hardly eat, and to be honest, your grades have been suffering."

Y/N: "You even been waking up at night, walking about or just lay on your own bed."

Blake: "You think I care about those things?"

Y/N: "Are you still thinking about what happened with... Tuckson?"

Blake: "Of course! But it wasn't just him. It was him and everyone else involved with Tuckson had been killed."

Y/N step back a bit, eyes widen a bit.

Y/N: "N-No way."

Blake: "Now you get it? People's lives are at stake! My life is at stake."

Yang puts her hand on Blake's shoulder.

Yang: "We know, and we're all still trying to figure out what they and Torchwick are up to."

Ruby: "Thanks to you and Sun, we know they're operating somewhere outside of southeast Vale."

Y/N: "Apparently, it's serving at the White Fang staging area for whatever they plan on using those dusts they've stolen."

Weiss: "And the Schnee company records singled out Vale as the primary target for Dust robberies over the last few months."

Yang: "Don't forget about their missing military tech too."

Blake: "But there's still unanswered questions. Like why would a criminal like Torchwick be working with the White Fang?"

Y/N want to answer that question only to realize that he couldn't get a single answer from either Roman or Neo, mentally groaning to himself.

Ruby: "Blake, you won't be able to find anything if you can't even keep your eyes open."

Yang: "All we're asking is that you take it easy for one day."

Weiss: "It will be fun! Yang and I will make sure of it."

Y/N: "And I'll be there, so that's a plus."

Yang: "Yeah! We're planning the whole event. It's all happening at a venue in downtown Vale near the CCT."

Yang pumps her fists which causes the bed to bounce Blake.

Blake: "Excuse me?"

Weiss: "Team CFVY's away mission lasted longer than expected."

Yang: "So, Weiss and I were asked to pick up where they left off. And now we can make sure you guys have the perfect night."

Weiss: "And once it's all over, we'll return for our search, rested, fed, and ready."

Ruby: "So what do you think?"

Y/N: "You up for it, Blake?"

Blake just looks at her team with annoyed eyes.

Blake: "I think this is a colossal waste of time."

Blake walks away from her concerned team and opens the dorm door.

Blake: "I swear, I'll hunt down the White Fang that killed Tuckson before they can hunt me down."

The cat Faunus sighs and before she closes the door, she continues.

Blake: "I'll be in the library."

As she walks out of the room, Yang let out a sigh.

Yang: "Great. Now what?"

Weiss: "She can't keep going on like this."

Y/N: "Well, she's being too stubborn about this."

There's a knock at the dorm's door and Weiss approaches and opens it, revealing it to be Jaune with an old guitar. Once Weiss see the blonde boy, the little surprise on her face turn into a deadpan one.

Jaune: 🎵 Weeeeiissss 🎵

It ends with him winking at the heiress before she immediately slams the door in his face. In response, he starts knocking on the door for her attention.

Jaune: "Oh, come on, open the door! Please, I promise not to sing."

Weiss lets out an irritated sigh before opening the door again.

Weiss: "Wha-?"

Jaune: 🎵I lieeed! 🎵 Weiss Sch-nee, will you accompany me, to the dance on... Sunday🎵

Weiss: "Are you done?"

Jaune: "Uh... Yes...?"

Weiss: "No."

She shuts the door in his face again, this time with much more force. Turning around, she sees the others staring at her. 

Weiss: "What?"

Yang: "And that is why they call you the Ice Queen."

Y/N: "And I pretty much started that nickname trend."

Weiss just huffs in response as Ruby collapse on her bed.

Weiss: "All my life, boys have only cared about the perks of my last name. Besides, I already have a date in mind."

Ruby: "Date or no date, none of this will matter to us if we can't get Blake to go."

Y/N: "By the way, Weiss. Who are you asking out for the dance?"

Upon hearing his question, Weiss blushes.

Weiss: "Huh!? Oh! Uhm! I-I'm not telling you!"

Y/N: "Why the hell not?"

Weiss: "I... uh... I-I just can't, alright?!"

She quickly looks away from his gaze, trying her best to conceal her blushing face, which she does poorly considering Y/N can still see some of it.

Y/N: "Anyway, I've got something to do. I'll be back in an hour or two."

Ruby: "S-See ya!"

Yang: "Later, babe!"

Weiss: "Hmph..."

Y/N left the dorm, waving goodbye, heading to the rooftops. Upon arriving to the rooftop spot, he watches Pyrrha and Jaune are sparring at their spot on the roof. Jaune appears to gain the upper hand until Pyrrha sweeps his legs out from under him.

Pyrrha: "Ahaha. Well done. Your swordplay's improved immensely."

Pyrrha helps Jaune to his feet.

Jaune: "I couldn't have done it without you and Y/N."

Y/N: "Aww, thanks man."

Jaune: "Oh hey Y/N."

Pyrrha: "So, are you ready to move on to Aura, Juane?"

Jaune: "I'm actually thinking maybe we just skip Aura for tonight? Might go on a jog or something."

Pyrrha: "Come on, I know you get frustrated, but you must keep trying. I'm sure you'll discover your semblance any day now."

Y/N: "Heck yeah! It might be something badass or incredibly useful."

Jaune: "No, that's not it. It's just... it's dumb."

Pyrrha: "What is it, Jaune? You know you can tell us."

She places a hand on Jaune's shoulder, which soon enough, makes him yield.

Jaune: "It's... Weiss."

Y/N: "Wha-Ohhh..."

Pyrrha: "Oh. What about her?"

Jaune: "I asked her to the dance, and she shot me down..."

He starts giggling halfheartedly.

Jaune: "Big surprise, right?"

Pyrrha: "Well, I believe the saying goes: There's plenty of fish in the sea."

Jaune: "That's easy for you to say. You've probably got guys clamoring over each other just to ask you out."

This make Pyrrha chuckles half-heartedly for a bit.

Pyrrha: "You'd be surprised."

Jaune dismisses the thought, making a declaration.

Jaune: "Oh please. If you don't get a date to the dance, I'll wear a dress."

Y/N: "Okay, now that's done. You want to spar or..."

Soon enough, the three students start sparring like usual. After an hour of it, Jaune calls it a night as he walks off to the exit, leaving the rooftops. Y/N, somewhat breathing heavily, overhears the small sigh coming out of Pyrrha's mouth, looking at her with a small smile.

Y/N: "I know how you feel, Pyrrha. It's painful to have your crush fall for someone else and walking past you."

As she heard his remark, Pyrrha immediately blushes.

Pyrrha: "Wha-Uh... How did you-!"

Y/N: "It was pretty obvious. I see the way you look at him during and after our sparring, why you are going out of your way for him."

Pyrrha is completely embarrassed that Y/N found about her little crush. Y/N then place his hands on her shoulders, catching her off-guard.

Pyrrha: "H-Huh?"

Y/N: "My advice, try to support him as best you can. This training of ours is a good example. If he feels great here with you, then be happy for doing it."

In response, the red-haired girl looks away from Y/N's gaze, trying to speak properly.

Pyrrha: "I... I-I don't know... Jaune... can be... a goofball... and completely dense."

Y/N: "You think so?"

Pyrrha: "He called me one of his 'best pals' at one point."

Y/N: "Ooooohhh..."

He shakes his head quickly before looking back at her.

Y/N: "Don't worry, Pyrrha. I was a little dense like him not too long ago. But that never stop me from finding the ones I love."

As he said this, Y/N let go of Pyrrha's shoulder before walking around the rooftops with Pyrrha staring at him.

Y/N: "To be honest, my life has changed since meeting you guys. Especially you, Pyrrha."

Pyrrha: "Me?"

Y/N: "Yeah. I mean, never met someone who can go toe to toe with me in a sparring match."

He let out a sigh before continuing with his remark.

Y/N: "All I'm saying is that you still got a chance, a really good one at that. So, when you're ready and when you think Jaune's ready, you go after him and give it your best shot."

The red-haired girl ponders over this.

Pyrrha: "Hmm... I... I see. Well, I certainly do feel better... after hearing that..."

Y/N: "Well, it's a better advice than what my mentor comes up with."

Pyrrha: "Oh? And what's that?"

Y/N: "His advice is just approach a random and attractive woman, flirt, and hope for the best. He was drunk when he told me this." ("Then again, he's always drinking.")

Pyrrha giggles at this over how ridiculous that advice is. Y/N, smiling, walk up to Pyrrha as he proceeds to hug her, catching her off guard.

Pyrrha: "Whh... Wha...?"

Y/N: "Don't worry, everything's going to be fine, Pyrrha. You'll get your chance."

Pyrrha, now blushing, is conflicted to either hug him back or not. For a few moments of hugging, Y/N lets her go, seeing the blushing face on Pyrrha.

Y/N: ("She's...")

Immediately, Y/N shakes it off as he continues.

Y/N: "Besides, it's fun talking to you guys. Well, see you around and good luck, Pyrrha."

As he said this and walk away, he gives her a thumbs up before exiting the rooftops, leaving Pyrrha to calm down her blushing face.

Pyrrha: ("Why am I feeling this way? Wait, am I...?")

After heading to her dorm room, she only finds Nora, sitting on her bed with Jaune and Ren nowhere in sight.

Pyrrha: "Nora... where's Jaune and Ren?"

Nora: "Oh, they're at the bathroom, why?"

Immediately, Pyrrha grabs Nora's wrist, taking her outside of their dorm room, much to Nora's confusion. Now outside their dorm, Nora asks.

Nora: "Pyrrha, what's wrong?"

Pyrrha slowly look upon her gaze, all while twirling her hair a bit.

Pyrrha: "Nora... can I ask you something between us?"

Nora: "O... kay?"

Taking a deep breath, Pyrrha finally asks.

Pyrrha: "What do you do if you have fallen for two boys?"

Nora is left unresponsive for a few moments before finally saying.

Nora: "Wait, what now?"

(Meanwhile)

Inside a dorm room, Cinder sits down at on one of the beds, letting out a sigh of relief. Emerald is sitting on the floor, while looking at her scroll, while Mercury is lying on the ground, reading his comic book.

Emerald: "And finally, Pyrrha Nikos."

Cinder: Ah, yes. The invincible girl. Quite the reputation she's got going."

Mercury: "She's smart, but I wouldn't say invincible."

Cinder: "Ooh, tell me more."

Emerald: "Her semblance is Polarity. But you'd never know just by watching."

Mercury: After she made contact with my boots, she was able to move them around however she wanted, but she only made slight adjustments.

Emerald: "Just enough to make it look like she's untouchable. She doesn't broadcast her power, so it puts her opponent at a disadvantage."

Cinder: "Really? Because from what I saw, her power seems to work on the principles of magnetism."

Emerald: "What do you mean?"

Mercury: "You mean my boots?"

Cinder: " You see, I manage to witness her using her semblance on non-magnetic metals as well as aluminum soda cans. Oh, and I already saw your match with Pyrrha, Mercury. It was quite spectacle."

Mercury smirks at this while Emerald roll her eyes at him.

Cinder: "Considering all of what we gather, we can safely assume that her semblance isn't Polarity. More like... Ferrokinesis."

Mercury: "Heh. I highly doubt she understands the full extent of her ability."

Emerald: "Well, she moves your boots away and move some cans so... she might have some grasp of it."

As the two back and forth with one another, Cinder ponders to herself for a moment before cutting in.

Cinder: "People assume that she's fated for victory, when she's really taking fate into her own hands. Interesting... add her to the list. I believe she'll do quite well as a pawn in the later step of the plan. So, who's next?"

Emerald looks back at her scroll before responding.

Emerald: "And lastly is... Y/N L/N."

A smile begins to form on Cinder's face.

Cinder: "Oh... him. Anything about him so far?"

Mercury: "Well, the guy can hold his own, but I feel like he's... holding back."

Cinder: "Really now?"

As she said this, Cinder leans a little to face her two accomplices.

Mercury: "He doesn't seem to use his semblance, like at all. Not a single match has him using him."

Emerald: "For once, I agree with you. Also, he seems to have some sort of collaboration with Professor Ozpin from what we can tell."

Cinder: "Interesting..."

Emerald: "Uhm, ma'am? Why are you so interested in this guy?" 

Cinder: "I can't say much, but what I can say is that my mistress has taken an interest in him in recent times."

Emerald: "O-Oh, I see. Well, if that's the case, I'll do whatever I can to assist you, ma'am."

Mercury just shrugs.

Mercury: "Please, you should be able to take them on no problem."

Cinder: "It's not about overpowering the enemy. It's about taking away what power they have. And we will, in time. All we have to do is just wait patiently for the right time."

Mercury: "Ugh, I hate waiting."

Cinder: "Oh relax, Mercury. We have a fun weekend ahead of us. Just enjoy life as students. I, on the other hand, will be sure to get to know Mr. L/N very well. ~"

Upon hearing this, Emerald feels a bit annoyed that Cinder is getting an interest to some random student, while Mercury just goes back to reading his comic. Cinder, meanwhile, is thinking to herself.

Cinder: ("I don't know why she wants me to get information on him, but I might as well do it along the way. Who knows, it might be... interesting.")

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.7K 761 13
What happen when someone have talk to Salem for years? Listening to her rants and making promises. What happen if this person is the only person who...
9.9K 396 37
Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing RWBY Series.) (Discla...
15.8K 525 18
RWBY Vol 1 & RWBY Vol 2 With no recollection of his past life, Y/N believes that he is the son of Ozpin. Following aside him, he will meet new people...
61.2K 904 47
I DO NOT OWN RWBY ROOSTER TEETH OWNS RWBY THERE ARE SOME FEW SPOILERS IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED RWBY YET So this is just a fanfic for the readers who wa...