book of oneshots🌺

By merylsstreeper

welcome to my first book of one shots! I'll write mostly on the weekends but sometimes on working days too! ... More

sophie zawistowska
Jane Adler
Donna Sheridan
hard day's work - hbc
Meryl streep
Jen Aniston
A/N arctic monkeys
MERYLS BDAY!!!
Kate Walsh x reader
MERYL STREEP

sickness-hbc

220 5 1
By merylsstreeper

Your hellies girlfriend of courseeeee

Hellies 6 months pregnant and she hasn't been feeling the best. Your at work right now and hellies in bed at home. You really wanted to stay with her but sadly you couldn't.

On your break you ring hellie. "Hi darling are you okay?" You ask and you can hear hellie groan. "I don't feel good" she says her voice croaky. It sounds like she's been crying.

"You can do it baby, I'm going to talk to my boss and see if I can get off earlier today" you say. "I really don't feel good y/n" she says and now she's crying. "Listen let me talk to my boss now baby and I'll ring you back to tell you what he says" you say.

"Okay" you hear. "I love you" you say and she mumbles it back and hangs up. You go down to your bosses office and knock on the door. "Come in" you hear. You enter the room and shut the door behind you. "Ah, y/n come in" he says and you sit down opposite him.

"So what brings you here" he says in his usual polite tone. "I was asking if maybe I could give some of my patients to someone else just for today, my girlfriend's at home really sick" you say and he sighs. "no one else is available y/n, I'm really sorry. If someone was available I would" he says and you sigh. "Okay thank you for your time" you say and stand up.

"Y/n" he calls as you walk out of the door. You turn around. " I only give you so many patients because your the best one here...you help so many people, your the best at this job" he says. "Thank you sir" you say. "Just try and make it till 5 and then you can go home to your girlfriend, good luck with her" he says and you nod and smile and walk out.

You go back to your room and call Helena. "hi darling, I'm really sorry but I can't come home early today...I finish at 5, you just need to make it three more hours then I'll be with you baby" you say. You can hear hellie sigh and then cough. "Okay, I'll see you when you get home" she says with her croaky voice. "Have some water darling, maybe take a nap?" You say. "I can't get out of bed y/n I'm too weak" she says now crying.

"Oh darling, right I'm calling your mum I'll be back as soon as possible, stay strong for me and call me if you need me. I love you so much" you say. "I love you too" she says and hangs up. You call Elena. "Hey y/n, you okay?" She asks. "I want to ask you a massive favour, are you busy?" You ask. "no I'm not honey what's up?" She says. "helenas really sick and I can't come home from work early, she can't get out of bed and I don't want her to get dehydrated so could you go round and look after her till I get back?" You ask. "Oh of course, I'm on my way, I got the key" she says. "Thank you" you say and say goodbye and hang up.

You sigh and carry on working. At 5 o'clock you say goodbye to everyone and start driving home. You texted hellie to let her know your in your way.

Once you get home you lock your car and shut the front door.

You put your bags down and get a glass of water for Helena. You go up to your shared bedroom and you see her just laying there looking really pale and she looks like she's been crying alot. Elena's on your side of the bed with a sick bucket and some water.

"Hey hellie, I'm back" you say and she looks up at you and smiles. You hand her the water and you crouch down by her side.

"I feel so sick and tired, but I can't fall asleep cause I didn't have you here" she says and tears up. "I'm here now baby, I'm going to make you something to eat cause I know you haven't eaten today" you say and give her a forehead kiss before going downstairs and making her dinner. You come back upstairs and you give it to her.

"I hope you get better darling, any problems at all ring me" Elena says and Helena nods. You walk her out. "She's threw up 3 times, had half a bottle of water" she says and you sigh and nod. "Thank you" you say and hug her. "Any problems ring me" she says and you nod. You wave at her and shut the front door.

You go upstairs and hellies done with her food, she only ate two mouthfuls. "Want to eat a bit more for me?" You ask and give her another mouthful. She throws up and you feel terrible. "I'm sorry" you say and she lays down.
You get in bed and you lay with her. "Open your mouth let me see your tonsils" you say and she opens her mouth and you look at them with the torch on your phone. "There very inflammed baby can you breathe okay?" You ask. "bearly" she says. she cuddles into you. "Get some sleep baby, it will make you feel better, I'm here if you need me" you say and kiss her nose which makes her giggle.

You wake up about 20 minutes later and hellies coughing alot. You sit up and see her laying down. "Hellie sit up" you say and she sits up and rests her back on the headboard.

You hear her breathing and it sounds like she's short of breath. You can hear her struggling to breathe. "Cough to try and clear your throat" you say. Hellie coughs. "It hurts so bad" she croaks out. "Do you want me to call 111?" You ask and she nods tearing up. "don't get upset cause it will make you worse" you say and grab your phone. You dial 111 and someone picks up. "Hello how can I help you?" The lady asks. "Hi, so my partners tonsils are inflamed, last time I looked there was no white spots, when she coughs it hurts her and she's short off breath...she's six months pregnant" you say. "Has your partner had any stomach cramps?" They ask and hellie shakes her head. "no she hasn't" you say. You finish the conversation and she told you that a doctor would ring back within the hour.

You give hellie some water. "Let me check your tonsils" you say and put on the torch on your phone and look in her mouth. "There very inflammed baby and really red.." you say and she sighs. It's now 11pm and hellie can't get to sleep so your staying up with her. The doctors still haven't called. Hellie's now started to make noises when she breathes like she's struggling to breathe.

"Your going to be okay" you say soothing hellie but assuring yourself also. Hellie starts coughing and she's sick everywhere. She starts tearing up. "Don't cry baby, it will make your throat worse...it's okay I'll clean it up, we can go in the guest room" you say and kiss her head. You get out of bed and go to her side. You get her up and she walks to the guest bedroom. You get her settled and you turn the TV on for her.

"I'll be back baby" you say and she nods. You put the bedding in the washing machine and spray the room with air freshener.

You get Helena's pregnancy pillow that she can lean on and bring it in for her.

"Thanks" she says and you smile. It's two hours later and Helena can't get to sleep. It's 3 in the morning. "The doctors are taking the fucking piss" you say and Helena's breathing got worse. It sounds like she's really struggling to breathe now and when she coughs it sounds absolutely awful. "My stomach hurts" she croaks out and you rub her stomach.

"Do you want to go to hospital?" You ask and she tears up. "oh honey don't cry" you say and you give her some water. She swallows it and says that it hurts. "Baby were gonna go to the hospital" you say and she nods. She sits on the bed while you help her get some pants and trousers on. You put a top on her and you pack an overnight bag just incase. You put a jumper on, grabbed yours and hellies phone and then you got her in the car. "I feel sick" she says. You give her a bag that was in the back of your car and she throws up in it. "your ok" you say as she finishes. You get to the hospital and you throw the bag away. You support her waist and you go in the ER. You go to the receptionist. "Hello, I called 111 and didn't get any call back. My wife's 6 months pregnant and her tonsils are inflammed, she's threw up like 5 to times and she's struggling to breathe, hurts when she swallows and coughs" you say and the receptionist nods. "A doctor will see your shortly, after that they will transfer you to the maternity unit" she says. "okay thanks, uhm can we get a bucket or something?" You say and the nurse gives you this cardboard sick bucket. "Thank you" you say. Theres only one spare seat in the waiting room so you let hellie sit down. Hellie throws up and she's complaining off a headache. There's police in here with loads of drunk/druggy people and their obviously not doing any help with Helena's head.

"I know honey" you say and crouch down but her side and stroke her back. It's about 2 hours later and you finally get called in. "Bonham carter?" The doctor asks and you help hellie up and you walk into the doctor's office.

Hellies closing her eyes because of her headache and the bright lights. You explain the situation to the doctor and he nods. "okay, because your wife is pregnant then most medicines won't be good for you to take. Now y/n you said you looked at your wife's tonsils?" He asks. "yes, about 3 hours ago, they was swollen and red but no white spots" you reply. "Helena do you mind if we take a look again" the doctor asks and hellie nods. The doctor checks hellies tonsils. "Still very swollen and red...not tonsillitis" the doctor says.

After talking to the doctor he transfers Helena to the maternity unit. Helena gets her own room so your assuming she's staying for a while. You sit on the bed with hellie after the nurse gives hellie an IV that is safe with pregnancy. You put your arm around hellie and she cuddles into you.

"Get some sleep baby, I'll be right here I'm not going anywhere I promise" you say and hellie nods. About 30 minutes later she drifts off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

443K 30.2K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
177K 5K 68
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.2M 54.6K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
864K 19.7K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.