and we scored

By amyhopeey

NINI I've spent the last years running away from my past. Now, I've finally found what I need. Friends. Coll... More

a playlist
Scene 1
Scene 2
Scene 3
Scene 4
Scene 5
Scene 6
Scene 7
Scene 8
Scene 9
Scene 10
Scene 11
Scene 12
Scene 13
Scene 14
Scene 15
Scene 16
Scene 17
Scene 18
Scene 19
Scene 20
Scene 21
Scene 22
Scene 23
Scene 24
Scene 25
Scene 27
Scene 28
Scene 29
Scene 30
Scene 31
Scene 32
Scene 33
Scene 34
Scene 35
Scene 36
Scene 37
Scene 38
Scene 39
Scene 40
Scene 41
Scene 42
Scene 43
Scene 44
Scene 45
Scene 46
Scene 47
Scene 48
Scene 49
Epilogue
Extended Epilogue
Author's Note
Sneak peek: 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Œβ„― 𝒽𝒢𝓉ℯ𝒹

Scene 26

4.3K 121 36
By amyhopeey

NINI

As he walks out of the changing room and sees me, he opens his arms wide and makes space for me. He's wearing a plain white T-Shirt he had probably borrowed from one of the guys on the team, since I am the one wearing his hoodie. I didn't want to take it at first, but I don't regret the decision one bit looking back at it. His hoodie is by far my favorite thing now. His name feels good. His number feels good on me. The hoodie also smells all minty and fresh, exactly like him. I caught myself taking a few deep breaths just for the scent to fill me in. I love this hoodie. And if he ever planned on taking it back, he must rethink those plans. I'm keeping it.

I run to him and he lifts me up. I wrap my feet around his waist and I can feel his hand placed protective on my waist.

"Congratulations", I whisper as he's kissing the top of my head. Wrencore won the game. Obviously. How couldn't they when they have a captain as good as him. I knew that Caden is good on the ice even from before I saw this game tonight. The whole university talks about it. But after this game, I understood there is an actual reason people call him a hockey legend. The way he moves on the ice. So confident, every one of his moves perfectly planned. It just makes me wear his name even prouder.

"Thank you", he whispers, his lips brushing my ear. "Did you see the last one? I scored it for you."

He did indeed. The moment the puck reached the gate, he lifted his stick up and drew a heart in the air, pointed in my direction. It left the crowd staring at me and my friends smirking. And butterflies. Many many butterflies.

"Thank you", I answer, not knowing how one reacts to something like this. No one has scored something for me before. How do you even answer?!

"No problem. I've told you, you are mine, Broadway", he replies smiling. Then, he softly brushes his lips on mine, whispering my nickname. I meanwhile started getting why all the girls in the romcoms love having a nickname. It has something to it. Like to the world, you are someone. But to him, you are someone else. His world. Broadway. I meanwhile got to the point I only love when he calls me Broadway or mine.

After he teases me with a few soft brushes, he pulls me closer and starts kissing me. Passionate. Hungry. As if he would like to prove what he just said. I deepen the kiss until his scent is the only thing I feel. And his touch. The soft sound he makes as I bite his bottom lip. My need for air as he starts exploring my mouth.

"West", I can hear a new voice calling after him. We stop, yet he's still holding me in the air. And doesn't seem to want to let me down.

I turn around and see a tall guy with some white-blonde hair looking at us smirking. He is obviously taller than I am. But that doesn't surprise me. Caden is also damn tall. Probably a 6 feet 1 or something. Giant, compared to my itty bitty five feet five.

It doesn't take me much to find out the guy's name. Not when it's literally written on his back, along with number 29.

"James", Caden greets him, not using the name I saw on the back. Ruth. Okay, so apparently, they don't call him by his surname.

James stares from Caden to me, back to Caden then back to me. Then, he turns to Caden and says: "It does." I give Caden a what-the-heck look, yet he only chuckles.

"It does", Caden repeats that phrase, sure of himself. I still don't get what they are talking about, yet I try not to mind. James must have noticed, since he now turns to me.

"Hey there. I'm James. James Ruth."

"Hi", I say putting on a polite smile. "I'm Nini. Nini Elway."

"It's nice to meet you", he says. Then turns back to Caden: "See you later at the party, cap?"

Caden looks at me and starts explaining: "After every game we win, we celebrate a bit. Would you like to come?"

I look at him probably blinking too much, since he chuckles. It takes me a while to recover and answer: "Yeah, sure." However, I then notice Soph and Dia with the corner of my eye, who were hanging out in a corner. Darrel is behind them, holding our drinks and snacks. He doesn't look excited. Truth is, he never looks excited.

"I'm sorry, I can't." I tell Caden, and I can see how his smile fades away. So I explain why: "I can't leave my friends behind."

"They can come too", Caden quickly says.

"Really?" I ask, a bit too excited. His smile pops out again.

"Sure. If that's what you want."

"Yes", I mouth before calling out my friends' names: "Soph! Dia!"

"Yes, babe?" Soph quickly answers, coming closer together with Dia.

"Would you like to go to a party?" I ask. I can see Soph being sad for a millisecond, yet she quickly hides it. She was never allowed to go to a frat party before, and after the whole Karl thing, she is absolutely forbidden to do that.

"Is it a frat party?" she asks, which caught Darrel's attention. Who comes closer. And makes Caden flinch once. The two haven't officially met each other yet.

I give Caden a look begging for help. I want Soph to come with us. Caden seems to understand, since he says: "No, not a frat party. We're just going to a bar."

Soph's face lightens, since she's been to bars with us before. She doesn't drink alcohol in public, but doesn't mind hanging out with us there.

My bestie turns to her bodyguard, who seems to think about it. After a few seconds, he nods once. Soph lets out a cheer. I let go of Caden for a bit and go hug her. Then, I turn to Dia and ask: "Are you in too?"

Dia nods and I can't help my happiness. I hug them both hard and hold them tight. Caden smiles at us, probably happy I'm happy.

"I'm coming too", Darrel's voice tones from behind. Although I somehow already knew this would happen, I can't hide a small flinch.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Caden asks, making it clear they haven't met so far.

"I'm the bodyguard of Her Royal Highness." Darrel answers and Soph nods. Caden hardly hides his shock.

"Great. I'm Caden. Caden West."

"Darrel."

"No surname?"

"That's confidential."

"So how should I call you? Mr. Darrel?"

"Just Darrel."

"Just Darrel?"

"Just Darrel."

Soph can't hide a chuckle and I also barely stop myself from laughing. Caden looks at me and smirks. He then turns back to Darrel, who was staring at him annoyed.

"Okay then, Just Darrel. You can come with us."

Darrel flinches annoyed again, but doesn't say anything else. Caden takes my hands and leads us outside the arena and to a car. It's a pickup truck, a dark blue one. I know it from when he came pick me and Nessie up from the bookstore.

Caden takes out his keys and looks at the four of us who are all staring at him.

"This is my car", he explains. "I think we might all fit inside."

Darrel shakes his head and says: "You can ride with Miss Elway. I'm driving Her Royal Highness and Miss McKenna."

I share a worried look with my two friends, asking them if it would be okay for them. They nod and after Darrel opens them the door and helps them inside, they disappear in the backseat.

"I'm going to need the address, Mr. West", Darrel says. It takes Caden a while to realize it was him with whom Darrel had spoken. He probably isn't used to be called like that. After a while, Caden takes out his phone and the two exchange phone numbers, in order for him to share location. As soon as he got it, Darrel disappears in the car and speeds away from us, leaving behind a loud sound that his black SUV made.

Caden remains frozen on spot looking stunned.

"What just happened?" he asks me after a while. I can't hold back a chuckle.

"That's Darrel for you", I say.

"You seem to speak from experience", he replies laughing. I smirk.

"Let's just say he's not my biggest fan."

"I wonder why..."

"It might have something to do with the fact Soph and I sneaked out to Paris with her private jet, without letting him or anyone else rather than our besties know."

He looks at me surprised, then his face expression changes to a smirk: "I didn't know you were such a bad girl."

"Yeah, well, I don't actually go around and let people know that", I reply teasing. He smiles, an honest smile that gives me butterflies.

"I bet", he replies and comes next to me to open the door.

"After you, Broadway", he says and helps me up. I chuckle.

"Look at you being a gentleman."

"Yeah, well, it's not like I go around and let people know that", he uses my words against me.

"You little..." I want to say laughing, but he stops me with a kiss.

"Guess we're the only ones who know." He whispers, and I pull him closer, letting him kiss me again.

"I guess so", I whisper, my voice shaking from how hungry he's kissing my neck right now.

And oh, does it feel good to be the only one who knows.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.7K 660 33
College senior, Cassie Bennet has spent the past few years working as hard as possible to ensure she's able to fulfil her dream of becoming an astrop...
428K 9.5K 41
College is a confusing and exciting place. Between classes, sports, and an attempt at a social life outside of class, it's enough stress to make a pe...
3M 77.2K 71
COMPLETED Penn State University. Home to the craziest sorority girls, most obnoxious football players, and a girl who never wanted to be there in th...
129K 4.5K 34
"Who the hell is Bren?!" He demands, stepping closer to me. I back up into the wall behind me and raise my eyebrows in confusion. "Who?" I ask. "That...