In my best friend's Wedding...

By perilous_smile

No, it's not what you are thinking..... I don't suddenly realise that I love my best friend when I get the ne... More

Chappie 1 : The Most Awkward moment of the century
Chappie 2: Meeting the bride in the most unconventional way
chappie 3: Meet Nathan, my brother
chappie 4: making new friends and an Enemy
Chappie 5: Meal For Meal
Chappie 7: Playing Cupid has its Price
chappie 8: A day with the Devil; part 1
Chappie 9: A day with the devil part 2
Chappie 10: Revenge time
Chappie11: Ooops I forgot!!!
EDWARD'S P.O.V
chappie 12: The Unexpected
Chappie 13: An unwelcomed visitor
Chappie 14 : Turn of events
Chappie 15: Guilt and Confrontations
Chappie 16: Taking it out on neighbours
Chappie 17: Drunken haze
Chappie 18: Situation Red Alert

Chappie 6: Surprise Surprise

1.5K 30 23
By perilous_smile

So this one is dedicated to @xxXxBelieveInMyselfxXxx because she gave me 100 out of 100 for this story...

Isn't she great? So keep commenting after reading... Who knows you might get the next dedication...

Now go ahead and read this one...

Picture on right----->>>>>> Edward♡♥

****************************************************************************

Chappie 6: Surprise Surprise

The evil laughter seemed to come from every direction. I was trapped in an unknown place, the darkness of which did not help to ease down my nerves either. I couldn't see anything and I couldn't move.

"Let go of me" I cried out.

Another fit of laughter consumed the darkness, surrounding me, engulfing me, scaring me.

"I will sweetheart, after you fulfil your redemption" the voice as dark as the place replied.

"What do you want?" I ask feeling helpless.

"I told you Miss White, don't you remember?" the voice seemed to come closer in front of me.

"You'll make out with me one day, that I can guarantee" he concluded with humour and then broke out laughing menacingly.

Suddenly grey eyes flash in front of me and I screamed frightened.

"Noooooo......."

I felt the hard and cold floor the moment I opened my eyes.

I got up and realised I was still in my purple-white bedroom, just that I was not on my bed. I fell off it you see.

Holy Nuts! It was a nightmare... but I'm just thankful that I've been going on Sunday Mass regularly.

I was drowned in sweat and fear. I frowned thinking how Luke has managed to infect my dreams too. I pinch the bridge of my nose and try to relax.

"EL...." Nathan's worried voice was welcomed by my ears. He rushed to my side and cradled me in his arms like a baby.

"Are you okay sis?" he asked.

I nodded and tried to become comfortable.

He was worried about me. So sweet. It was so mean of me to call him a jerk all the time.

"Eewwww....!! You smell worse than a week old garbage" he complains and quickly got up on his feet.

Aahhhh! And the Jerk Returns..!!

"Go insult someone else, Nathan. I'm not in the mood" I scowl at him.

"Why should I go to someone else when you are here? My punching bag"

I rolled my eyes at him and got up. I took my bathrobe and headed for the bathroom.

"Ya better Wash that stench away properly dear sis. If required, use the whole body wash bottle. I'll get you a new one" he waves his hands in air and fakes a gagging expression.

Such a drama queen he is...

"Get out of room bro, NOW" I said angrily.

"Oh yes I will, I'm suffocated here. Maybe I'll get a room freshener and spray it here" he winked and laughed.

I laughed along and he smiled genuinely before going out. He was a jerk, but a good one though. I understood he was just trying to make me relax.

I went inside my bathroom and tried sniffing around me before turning the shower on. I took a long, long bath, scrubbing myself hard with lofah and doing my shampoo twice. I really wanted to shut my brother's mouth. Not that I was smelled like garbage but still you must have known by now how much I crave perfection.

Ever heard of a lady stinking? I don't think so...

I came out in my purple bathrobe and purple slippers in my purple room.

Okay I know its too much purple but hey its my favourite colour. And I accept proudly, I'm obsessed with purple!! If the purple is too much for your eyes right now, then what can I say... time to close your eyes sweetheart... it's My Room!!

As I dry my hair I remember the grey eyes and my dream. Err...nightmare... that guy should seriously think of giving horror movies a chance... He has full potential to win the Oscars in the best scary person's category. I chuckled at my own silly joke and searched for my phone. Getting hold of it, I dialled Edward's number and waited impatiently for him to pick up.

"Hello Princess... Good morning... How are you this morning?" his angelic voice entered my ears, soothing and calming me.

"Hey Eddy... I'm not fine... I want you here, Now Now Now!!" I whined like a five-year old.

He laughed and the laughter itself lit up my spirits. I loved this guy for a reason, you see. He is adorable.

"Anything my princess demands"

"What do you mean?"

There was a knock at my door and I swore Nathan would get a piece of my crappy morning mood this time. I jerked open the door and open my mouth to shout at him.

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened to its extreme limits.

Standing there was my Prince Charming--- My (Prince) Edward.

A moment passed by and I was still dazzled by the situation.

"I missed you too, El" he smiled that gorgeous smile at me and with one finger he popped up my still-now-hanging jaw in its rightful anatomical position.

See, this is why I mentioned he was not a heart-charming hero or something. I mean, after so long of not meeting, he could have just shut my mouth with his own but he chose his hands rather.

His alluring smile pulled me in and I smiled back foolishly. It maybe the adrenaline rush or the lonely feeling I've been having of late or my hormones over-working in my system-but what I did next shocked him as well as me.

I stood on my tip-toes and I first gave him a peck on his cheek and then a full blown kiss to his lips.

Yeah! Call me a despo... but hey everyone deserves a break and I missed him so much.

He looked taken aback from my dare-devil act.

Secret Number 3: Maybe I'm very blunt in my words and actions, but in these situations, with Edward, I'm like a dumb ass and shy to show my emotions just like him.

Now don't ask me about intimate details. Because I'm not giving it to you...!

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to kiss me back. I giggled like a child as I pulled back from the kiss. He hugged me tightly and inhaled in my hair.

Phew! Thank you Nathan for telling me to wash myself properly. You've been no less than an angel today.

I felt so happy and ecstatic. I got my Eddy back and now I'm going to show off my boyfriend to those mean people at the wedding, especially Luke.

Edward kept smiling the whole time and I knew even he missed me a lot. He doesn't express those emotions but I understand anyway, so I don't mind.

"So you'll make me wait outside your room. I've come a long way for you, hon." He said

"Oh come in, please"

You must be thinking I'm so much tamed in front of Edward. Well, I loved and respected him. So yeah... the crazy personality of mine goes back into its shell around him. So another secret revealed, but, Shhhhh... don't tell anyone. My reputation will be at stake.

He took long strides and went directly to my bed and jumped on it.

"Aahh... I'm so tired El. You know my grandmother was ill and I'd to stay up at nights too sometimes. I'm sorry I couldn't give you much time sweetie" he started rubbing his forehead.

I could clearly see the tiredness on his face. His hazel eyes seemed puffed with a red rim outlining his lid, clearly showing off his sleepless nights. His wavy blond hair was tousled and messed. But he still looked tasty to me. How was I lucky to get this handsome guy, even I don't know?

"I know I deserve a good bash for not being around these days. I'm definitely the most imperfect boyfriend to the most perfect girl in this world" he blinked and eyed me for a reaction.

I blushed. Charming and romantic Edward is a rare occasion. Though he'd said those beautiful words quite bluntly. But that's Edward for you. He would say the most romantic things in the most unromantic way. But I knew he meant each word he said to me. I loved it. Even my dad is like this.

"Are you this angry at me that you won't speak a word?" he questioned and his hazel eyes glinting in the little daylight making its way from the curtains.

I sat beside him and ran my fingers through his soft hair.

"Ummmm..." he muttered closing his eyes.

"I love you and you've no idea how much I've missed you while you were away" I said sweetly.

He opened his eyes and took my other hand in his. He kissed the back of it before placing it over his chest and looking at me with profound love. I could feel his heart beating frantically. This was his way of romance. I smiled at him.

"So tell me how is this wedding preparation going on. Has John still maintained his sanity?" he joked.

The wedding-it now reminded me more of Luke than John.

"I'm not that involved in this wedding stuffs. There are other people to take care of it." I could still feel the hurt how easily John chose Luke over me to share his feelings. Okay, so what if I was being a little rude by laughing at his problems. But hey its not only me.

Swear on God and say that John, freaking and shrieking like a girl about his wedding, was not a funny sight.?!!

He studied me for a moment. The look in his face couldn't be deciphered by me. He pulled me down beside me on the bed and raked his fingers over my face while tightening his grip on my hand with his other one.

I gasped at the movement as he looked at my eyes directly.

"Did anyone bother you out there, El?" his tone serious.

Its so sexy of him to get possessive over me.

"N-n-no. I've just met a lot many people and so many things are at my mind. This wedding stuff is so stressful already. God knows why people get married with so much fuss around the wedding. I mean they just have to say 'I do' to each other and that's all that matters. Thank goodness I'm not the bride" I stop being breathless.

"Now say what the matter is?" he asked amused by my blabbering.

"Sorry. It's just that John has a new best friend, Luke" I spat his name at the end with disgust.

"Oh. I see and what did you do to trigger this?" he asked incredulously.

It's not fair how I'm to be blamed for that now.

"I just laughed out when he was saying he was freaking out about the marriage thing" I said innocently.

Edward's eyebrows shot up and he laughed lightly.

"Ahan! So that's why the new best friend. I don't blame him though. What was the new friend's name you said?"

"Luke, Luke Thompson" I couldn't disguise my disgust on saying his name. I guess disgust and Luke were facets of the same coin.

"I take it that you and this Luke guy are not going on a friendly track, are you?" he asked patiently.

"He's such a jerk. I can't tell you and you can't blame me until you see his arrogance yourself" I shrugged.

Obviously I couldn't tell Edward how Luke almost seduced me last time.

"Sure he is a jerk then." He winked at me playfully.

I laughed. These were the simple things which made our relation beautiful.

I got up on my elbows and inclined my head in my hand.

"So, when did you plan on giving me this wonderful surprise honey?" I said trying to change the subject.

"When you told me to come as fast as I could"

I felt the butterflies in my stomach fluttering around wildly.

"Tell John I'll meet him in office tomorrow" he said closing his eyes and rubbing his forehead again.

"Oh! You must be tired after the journey. I'll get something to eat for you. Tea, coffee or juice? Would you like something else with it?" I asked.

That reminded me of my hungry state and my stomach gave warnings of upcoming growling and roaring.

"Just get me a cup of coffee, no sugar. That'll be enough, thank you" he spoke tiredly.

"Jeez! Seems like you're ordering in a restaurant" I joked and got up from the bed. He made himself comfortable with the pillows.

I went downstairs to find Nathan already sitting at the dining table with breakfast. I jumped at the sight of it. Blueberry muffins, coffee, fruits, toast, scrambled eggs were laid on the table as a feast fit for a queen.

Nathan narrowed his eyes at me but kept quiet while I savoured the delicious-s-s-s-s food one after the other. As soon as I was done I took a tray and put in some muffins in it along with a cup of coffee. I turned to go upstairs.

"As much as I don't want to comment, I'll still say that as the man of the house in the absence of dad, I won't allow you to be roaming in your bathrobe while your boyfriend has come over" he said from behind.

Shit. How did I forget this?

"He won't do anything what your perverted mind is hinting, you know that."

"I trust him. It's you who I don't trust sis" he crossed his hands over his chest.

I shook my head and started climbing the stairs when he again spoke from behind.

"The breakfast was a treat from me for sending me and Chloe alone for a drive last time. I really enjoyed it." He said dreamily.

"There'll be plenty more to dream about. Just keep your car along and keep giving me lifts" I shouted back.

I entered the room with the tray and the sight left me smiling like an idiot. Edward was fast asleep. He must have been really tired. I put the tray away at the bedside table and went to my cupboard to get some clothes. After changing into a loose cotton shirt and trousers I went to sit on the bed beside him.

He looked so calm, peaceful and loving, just like a baby.

I saw something shining in his half opened palm. Intrigued, I take it and gasped. It was a chain with a clear crystal ring as a pendent. I wore it around my neck and gave him a soft kiss on his forehead.

I leaned down beside him.

"I love you Edward" I whisper and close my eyes.

*************************************************************************

Okay. So this is Edward for you. Do tell me how you like him. Or not... so lemme know what do you think about him. Every suggestion will be taken seriously. Promise.

There is an upload soon again... I thought of treating you guys with a double chappie this time for being so wonderful and leaving comments and voting. You guys even fanned me...wow!!

Hope you like it. I typed it down till 3 a.m. in the morning and my back hurts. I've got class from 9 again... I'll type in the next chappie by tomorrow... And post it too, hopefully.

Till then, Happy Reading,

Like...love...comment...vote....

Love, xoxo...

Shy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
1.7K 200 90
Prepare to live. Prepare to die. And mostly prepare to fall in love. An age old High school, a seemingly age old forbidden romance. But will it remai...
30.2K 1.7K 27
|| Wattpad Featured || The Amby Awards Romance Winner ❤️ The perfect man just proposed and what was my answer? NO. Why? I'm too scared to get my hea...
307 40 40
This will be the story Crowded Silence, but in our male lead's POV. If you did enjoy reading my first ever story 'Crowded Silence' then you might lik...