Rɪsᴇ ᴏғ Fᴀᴍᴇ - Mason Thames

By Cath_Malfoy

Catherine Hamilton is an ordinary girl from New York, and just like the other girls, she has a dream. She al... More

Introduction/Characters
"Hello loser"
"going to LA"
the match
"week in LA"
"theater passion"
"Auditions"
"Did you get the role?"
"Meet the cast"
"Getting to know each other"
"Nessa Shaw"
"First day on set"
"Late night snacks"
Maze Runner
Not scripted
Book lover
Breakdown
<<Playlist>>

Jealous fans

315 10 1
By Cath_Malfoy

(I haven't reviewed this chapter yet)

Catherine's pov~

YESTERDAY was awesome! Wait, more like today, a few hours ago. I realized that today I don't have any scenes to shoot, so I'm lying in my bed, lost in my thoughts. And what are they? Well, I'm wondering how long my mates in New York won't find out that I'm making a movie. It's a simple thought, but I'll really want to know what they are going to think when they find out about all of this. Will they be happy for me? Will Alice and Mary be happy for me? Will Jennifer be jealous? HA stupid question, of course she will be, sorry. I know I don't consider them as my true friends, but they opinions matter to me. Call me dependent, I don't care. If you were in the same position as me, you would understand.

I haven't touched my phone yet, I'm feeling too lazy for that. But I have nothing to do now. Actually, I have, but it means I'll have to go downstairs, and as I said before, I'm too lazy for that. So I grabbed my phone, which was on top of my bedside table. I had the phone without sound, so I could sleep properly, and I did, so it's a win for me.

When I turned it on, I saw many notifications from my instagram  twitter. I have accounts in quite many social media, even though I don't use half of them.

What the hell?

Wait, is this about Mason? Or did the The Black Phone directors already announce the cast?

When I opened my instagram dm's, I had a notification from Mason, which was from him mentioning me last night (we, the cast, already follow each other), but in the requests, holy shit! More them a hundred? I don't have any notification about the The Black Phone. It must be all because of two stories. Most of the messages were from fan accounts from fans, but before I checked what people were actually saying, I decided to text Mason.

masonthamesofficial

Are u awake?

Yup, we all are. Where
r u?

I'm still in my room
too lazy to go downstairs
but i wanted to ask
u something

Yeah, sure, what is it

Are your fans really
obcessed w you to send me
lots of dm's?

Oh
I love them, but when they
find some friend of mine
they follow them and text them.
Hope they don't freak u out.

Nah, it's fine
I'll check what they say

Why don't u come downstairs,
eat, and you, Maddy, Becca, and
I can check what they say?

Humm
Let me think

Come onnnn

Fine fine,
let me get dressed
and I'll go

Don't fall in the stairs

Hahaha
really funny

seen

_______________

And here I am, leaving my lovely bed. I placed my phone on top of the bed and went to open my wardrobe to choose what to wear. I'll probably spend the whole day at home cause today me, Mason, Maddy and Becca don't need to go the set. Miguel, Tristan, Brady, and Jacob went to record some scenes of their death and their past.

I picked a really soft yellow oversized T-shirt of Billie Eilish, which only has a sma sentence: "When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go." I personally love that shirt. It's one of my favorites. I also have a Taylor Swift one, but today, I feel like using the Billie Eilish one. You all cam judge my tastes if you want, I don't care, I'm happy to have them and thats all that matters.

I also picked my comfy grey sweatpants and my typical all-star.

I'm staying at home, not at a party.

I grabbed my phone again and went downstairs to see the others.

"Good morning." I said as I walked in the living room. "I'm gonna grab an apple, I'll be right back."

I realized that I talked so quickly that they didn't even have time to say '
good morning' back. And just like I said, I grabbed my apple, and I joined them. We were going to check my dm's from Mason's fans on my phone so I think i'll need to stay in the middle of them, or else someone won't see shit. I sat between Becca and Mason, a gap that was available, maybe for me already. Maddy was next to Becca.

"Good morning Cath, finally you're awake." Becca said as I shared a small smile.

"Good morning, sleepy head." Mason said.

"Yeah, good morning." Maddy added.

"I was having a really great time in my bed, but here I am." I slightly laughed and took a bite of my apple.
We sat in silence, but it wasn't awkward at all.

"So.... Let's see your dm's Catherine." Mason finally said, breaking the silence.

I turned on my phone and went right into my dm requests.

"What a nice wallpaper you had." He joked in a good way.

"Oh hum, thank you."

As I said that, I just heard Maddy whispering something to Becca, but I couldn't hear.

Maybe it's because my wallpaper was me holding the The Black Phone book in a library.

Forgetting that thought that I just had, I opened the first message that came up.

Who are you girl?

"What?" I laughed.

"Well, they are gonna find out soon." Madeleine laughed lightly.

Then I opened another one.

You're so perty
lretty*
pretty*
sorry lmao

"Aww, look, they are just like you, Mason! They can't write!" Maddy joked.

"Oh shut up!"

"They are so sweet!" I mentioned.

What are you even doing? Are you trying to get Mason's attention? Please, you have no chance with him!
Just look at yourself in the mirror!

Ouch.

Was that really necessary?

"Oh my god, what's up with them?" Becca said in disgust.

"Yeah, what's their problem!" Maddy agreed with Becca.

I stayed quiet, and so did Mason. I opened the next requests in hope that those were things more... kind.

But they weren't. One is worse than the other. In ten, only two were saying nice stuff about me.

What the hell? I didn't do anything wrong! Am I actually that ugly? Why is everyone against me? They don't even know me!

"Okay, that's enough. Turn off your phone." Mason finally said. And I did it. But I couldn't help but feel a bit bad with all of this.

What if when the The Black Phone cast comes out and they hate me even more?

"Hey! Catherine! You alright?" I felt a hand oven my shoulder. It was Mason.

"Are they being really honest?" That's the only thing that comes of my mouth.

"Of course not! You shouldn't give a damn about what they say! You are better than all of them!" Maddy tried to make me feel better.

"I don't want to make all of this about me, so don't worry about me, I'm gonna drink some water and but the rest of my apple in the trash."

I heard footsteps coming next to me. I don't even have to guess who it is. I already know my answer.

"Cath, try to forget about all of that, ok? They are just a bunch of jealous people. I don't like seeing you sad."

"I know, but..."

I took a quite breath.

"... If just because of two stories, the most part of them is hating me, just imagine what it will be like when the cast is known by everyone!"

I finally let that thought out.

"Look, if you keep getting hate by my fandom, I can always try to do something, but if it isn't, you need to understand that when they hate you, is because they can't be who you are. When you have a hater, it means that you are starting to be recognized and they want that, but they can't have that! They don't worth your sadness. If they know it affects you, they will continue. I know you for a bunch of days, maybe weeks, but you are an incredible person! Don't let them take you down. You're too pretry to cry."

I- I'm speechless. How was I lucky to find a friend like this?

"I- I don't know what to say Mason, your words were really, really comforting. Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me. I was just speaking facts."

I sighed.

And here we were again. In silence. But not awkward at all.

"Cath," Mason called me.

I looked at him.

"Can I give you a hug? Hugs normally comfort people but you may be uncomfortable with me hugging you, I don't know, that why I'm asking." He continued.

I didn't answered him, I just wrapped my hands behind his neck and hugged him, and he, of course, hugged me back. He wrapped his arms arround my waist and placed his head above my shoulder. I immediately let my bad and awful thoughts go away and relax all my muscles.

After a good time hugging, we broke our hug and looked into eachothers eyes.

"You were right, it was definitely relaxing."

"I'm glad you're now a bit relived." He smiled at me. "As much I'm loving this, we should go back to the girls and watch some movie!"

"Yeah, you're right. Let's go. And thank you again Mason."

He smiled again at me and we walked back to the living room.

/////

A/N

Helloooo!

This chapter is a bit long I guess but I loved it.

I have a question for all of you:

Where do you think Mason and Catherine will have their first kiss?

I already have all of that in my, and you are going to LOVE it, I'm sure of that.

Anyways, I'm on summer vacations now! Almost 3 months off school aka hell. So it means I'll have more time to update this book!

I love how Mason can confort Catherine.

Vote and Comment! Don't be a ghost reader, pelase!

bye bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 98 28
"1 2 ur the one that i want 3 4 5 6 7 sh!t 8 is the bullets if you say no after all this" ...
2.2K 22 20
Nothing inappropriate as they are minors First story Please comment on the A/N page to vote on some stuff for the book or if you have suggestions I...
15.6K 336 27
*THIS IS ALL AFTER EVERYTHING WITH THE GRABBER GOES DOWN-ROBIN SURVIVED OBVIOUSLY* "Would you like to dance?" "Keep dreaming, Arellano. Maybe you'll...
24.7K 219 26
Cassie is an amazing young actor who has been in many popular things before. When Cassie gets a job on The Black Phone, she meets Mason and other ama...