Ring of Love

By HoneyJewelz

Against popular belief, high school was actually nice for Ally Sanders. She had an amazing group of friends b... More

Author's Note
Beginnings
Roommates
Welcome Week
Plans
Shopaholic
Frat
Frat Boy
Introductions
Family
Confrontation
Answers
Thoughts
Unlikely Conversations
King
Fetish
Gentlemen
Setbacks
Opinions
Friendgroups
Party Pooper
Drunken Thoughts
Drink Water
Morgan and Her Friends
Sleepovers
Pinches and Gentle Kisses
Busted
The Group Chat
Ben
Boxer Mom
Hallucinations
Brothers
Punch
Movie Night
Movie Night (Part 2)
Extra Spicy
Pretty Boy
Hints and Games
Just Us
Grilled Cheese
Remote
Stories
Stevie
Six Feet Under
Stressed Out
Truths and Promises
Panic
Phone Call
Tell Me
Good Luck
Ugly Lies
The Talk
Comfort Me
Break In
Tonight
Insane For You

Humble

2.8K 272 93
By HoneyJewelz

Ally's Pov:

Telling my sister everything was...

a very humbling experience, for me personally.

First, she was shocked. As in, nearly screaming her head off when I told her what had happened Saturday night.

She couldn't believe I "had it in me" to kiss someone like that for the first time. She always thought I was a bit shy when it came to romantic gestures, so the fact that my first kiss with Axel ended up being way more than just an innocent kiss caught her completely off guard. 

Then, she was excited for me. Rambling about how great of a couple Axel and I would make, and how she can finally relax on finding someone worthy of me. 

But then, she started asking questions that I wasn't quite ready to answer yet. 

For one, how am I going to tell my parents? 

I had laughed it off to Ella, saying that Axel and I aren't even dating yet, so that wouldn't be something to worry about just yet. 

But she only gave me a look that said, "You know you will have to tell them eventually," which made my stomach twist in a way that made me nauseous. 

My parents are very old-money, old-school kind of people. They believe that where a person comes from is a very important part of who they are.

Translation, they came from a well-established family, good. Anything else, bad. 

I don't know much about Axel's family. I know that he has two older brothers, one younger brother, and two loving parents... but that's about it. 

Axel will slip in comments here and there when he is complaining about his brothers or talking about his Mom, but he doesn't go into much detail about it. 

I can't say I'm any better. 

The only person I ever talk about to him is Ella, not just because she's my twin, but because she's my built-in best friend. 

Whenever I talk about a childhood memory, Ella's name is just naturally mentioned because we nearly spent every second together growing up. 

I don't know if he's caught on yet that I never talk about my parents. If he did, he hasn't mentioned anything about it, which I'm glad about. 

After talking a bit more with Ella, and reasoning with her to not book the next plane ticket out here, I call decide to call it a night. 

The next morning was uneventful. Classes went by swiftly, and the next thing I know I'm sitting with Claire, Zoe, and Sophia in the dining hall for lunch. 

I had my fingers crossed all morning that I would somehow run into Axel heading to one of my classes. Not to sound clingy or anything, but I was dying to see his handsome face. 

I had woken up to a cute little Goodmorning text from him, which basically had me blushing before I took my first step out of bed. 

Claire made sure to tease me for it the rest of the morning, which made me even more flustered walking into class. 

"Disgusting," Claire says, pushing her tray to the middle of the table while her face scrunches. 

"It's not that-... bad," Sophia says, stumbling over her words when she shoves, what's supposed to be mashed potatoes, into her mouth. 

I don't think mashed potatoes are supposed to be gooey like that, but since everything in the dining is oddly shaped, I've learned to close my eyes before taking a bite.

"I don't even think I remember what real food tastes like," Zoe whines, pushing her food around with her fork.

"I do. It had flavor, taste, and texture. The days when my tastebuds were actually happy." Claire sighs. 

I watch them complain for all of a minute before I say, "Let's go out to eat then." 

They look at me like I've grown two heads, "We all have a class in the next hour," Zoe says, a frown on her face as if she rather do anything than go to class. 

Which is exactly where I'm going with this. 

"Let's all skip, get some good food for once, and worry about it later," I say, clasping my hands together. 

Claire shoots up from the table as if I just told her the best news of her life, "See Ally, this is why I love you. Always got the best ideas," she says with a grin, already collecting our trays to throw away. 

It didn't take long to gather our things and leave. But it wasn't until we were already out the door that we realized two things. 

One, we lack transportation. 

Two, we know nothing about outside campus. 

Now, these are probably two easily solvable things. I could probably get us an Uber and we would get there in no time. And two, I'm sure four girls with google maps could without a doubt agree to a place to eat. 

It would be a lot easier though to just have someone who knows this town in and out, and with a car that would make our little trip all the better.

And at that moment, a little lightbulb went off in my head.

"Hey, what if we ask the boys to join us? They don't have practice until later, and I don't think any of them have afternoon classes." I say, turning towards the three of them. 

Zoe and Claire instantly agreed, already pulling up the group chat that Dylan had priorly made two Saturdays ago when he was drunk and started rambling that we "needed" a "friendship group chat."

It had only been used twice since he made it, both times being texts from him telling us where the alcohol is being kept at the parties...

What a great friend. 

Sophia on the other hand, stayed quiet, rubbing her arm in a way that clearly showed discomfort. It made me backtrack, remembering that she wasn't as close to them as us. 

"We don't have to though, it can just be us," I say, not wanting Sophia to feel uncomfortable with the boys there. 

She shakes her head, "No, it's alright. The more the merrier," she says with a soft smile gracing her lips. 

I waited for a second to make sure she was being serious, which she notices, "Really, I'm good. They are starting to grow on me," she says, truthfully. 

At first, I thought she was just saying that so I wouldn't feel bad inviting them, but by the look on her face, I can tell that she was being 100% serious. 

It surprised me, making me wonder what had changed since the last time we had a conversation like this about them. 

I'm sure it wasn't her boyfriend's opinion that changed. 

It took no time at all for the boys to respond, instantly agreeing to come along. I wasn't surprised at all, knowing them, they seem to always be hungry and up for food. 

Ten minutes later, Axel, Dylan, and Bryce pulled up to us in Axel's car. Since Axel was the one driving, we were only able to share a smile before I was pulled into the back of his car. 

Completely illegal, by the way, with Dylan and the four of us girls squished in the back of his car that was only meant for three. 

I'm pretty sure he had volunteered for that, seeing the way he was grinning ear to ear while giving us room to squeeze in. 

I ended up being seated on Zoe's lap, my upper half on her and my legs thrown over Dylan's, who's not complaining whatsoever. 

"Sup, Ally," He winks at me, patting my leg that was thrown on top of his.

"Aren't you cheery today," I tease, poking his shoulder. 

He grins, "I'm squished back here with four pretty ladies, my day has been made." 

"What's he saying back there?" Axel grumbles from the front, someone who has clearly gotten the short end of the stick with being the one who has to drive everyone. 

"Don't worry about it. Just keep your eyes on the road, princess." Dylan says, clearly enjoying Axel's grumpiness. 

"You are such a little instigator," I whisper, finding myself to be a bit amused as well. 

Dylan sees this, and laughs, "Someone's gotta keep him humble, who better to do it than me?"

I snicker, before looking back towards Axel, finding myself at the perfect angle to admire the side of his face. 

So. Good. Looking. 

"Don't start drooling over there." Dylan teases, poking the side of my face with his finger. 

I narrow my eyes at him, " I wasn't drooling."

"You were about to."

"Was not."

"Was too."

"Was not!"

"Was too!"

"What are you two fighting about over here," Zoe says, turning her head away from Claire and Sophia and towards us. 

I glare at Dylan as he tells her why.

She laughs at that, saying that she wouldn't be surprised if I started drooling as well. 

Even my own best friend is a traitor. 

I decide to just ignore them and continue to check out Axel because I won't let them stop me from at least doing that. 

But as I am, something in the corner of my eye catches my attention. 

Sophia, who was sitting on Claire's lap, was turned towards her in conversation, and because so, her shirt had been lifted the slightest bit to show the side of her stomach. 

And there, laid a dark, purple bruise. Just a bit smaller than a baseball, but still looking equally as painful. 

Sophia doesn't see me looking, nor does anyone else in the car. So, I keep it to myself...

For now.

Because that wound, was recent. 

Way too recent. 

Hey guys!!

Yes, I know, another cliff hanger I'm sorry. I always write by the word count, and it just so happenssss that I end up on a cliffhanger ;) ;)

Anyways, same as always, love you all

~Juls

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 101K 58
"Do you ever get scared of being happy?" He asked softly, also pretty tired. I kept my eyes closed as I answered, my fingers softly drawing circles o...
3.9M 83.7K 65
𝐀𝐔𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐉𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐍 is a 18-year-old single mother. She is nice, caring, a wonderful mom. She is in her first year of college with a f...
1.3M 44.7K 70
Reillyn Cole had experienced it all. Grief. Pain. Heartbreak. And yet, still, the cruel world continued to throw hurdles in her unendingly winding...
315K 2.8K 16
Kendall Lockwood spent her life in the shadows of other people. She was athletic but her brother, Austin, was the star quarterback. She was popular b...