Watching Philophobia | James...

By londonroses07

a time in which the golden era travels back to the marauder's era to fix the mistakes made by the second wiza... More

marauders era cast
marauders era cast pt. 2
golden era cast
prologue
philophobia
backstory
flashback
un
deux
trois
quatre
six
sept
huit
neuf
dix.
onze.
douze.
treize.
quatorze.
quinze.
seize.
dix-sept.

cinq

4.4K 173 26
By londonroses07

the screen came back to show that aquila had gone back to the slytherin common room after leaving the boys in the astronomy tower. of course, aquila wasn't okay, but she wouldn't admit that. she didn't sleep for the rest of the night, instead deciding to read one of her books.

"aquila!" felicity burst as she scolded her friend.

"what, fel?" aquila gasped as if she were scandalized.

"you need sleep!" felicity scolded, shaking her finger at the older girl as she smirked at her.

"yes, i'm very much aware..." aquila responded, looking back to the screen.

when charlotte and aurelie woke up, they got dressed. aquila was in a designer black satin bodycon dress, a black fur shawl, five-inch black heels, and her matching diamond necklace and earring set gifted to her by orion. she placed the ring regulus gifted her, on her ring finger, and applied her makeup, which consisted of a dark eye shadow look with blood red matte lipstick. she left her hair in their natural curls and left the room.

"I THINK I'M IN HEAVEN!" "SHE'S SO MOTHER!" "I'M SORRY FOR BREATHING YOUR AIR"

aquila found regulus at the bottom of the girls' dorm staircase and took his arm.

leaving the slytherin common room, they were arm in arm walking down the corridors.

"they literally are bi panic?" marlene said out loud before slapping her hand over her mouth.

this caused multiple others to agree, making regulus and aquila smirk, chests puffing out a bit. this also caused james and charlotte to glare at those who agreed.

they passed the marauders and the group of gryffindor girls, and the groups were left gaping. well, except for sirius. he knew this was what aquila liked, dramatic and classy. only those closest to her would see that she was hiding her feelings behind all the makeup she had placed on her face, using it as a shield for the tears she had shed in the private of the moonlight.

"james looks like he's in heaven right now!" a gryffindor cackled, drawing attention to the boy, who stuffed his face into aquila's neck to avoid the looks being sent to him.

and although she was smirking, aquila glared at those who looked at the boy.

entering the great hall for breakfast, aquila and regulus headed straight for the slytherin table. ignoring the lustful stares coming from both genders and jealous gazes, they gracefully sat down, aurelie, charlotte, felicity, who had joined them in the entrance hall, and barty crouch jr, evan rosier, and rabastan lestrange following.

"that's us!" barty gasped, hitting evan, who laughed and pushed him away.

the screen suddenly switched to james' point of view.

aquila black was the only name going through james' mind at that moment.

"whipped." coughed multiple guys in the hall, their girlfriends hitting them around the back of the heads.

he had met her only yesterday, hell he hadn't even spoke to her, and yet he couldn't get her out of his mind. it was even worse because she was his best mate's sister.

he thought she was different. she smelled like cinnamon, vanilla, and chamomile. her power and darkness drew him to her like a moth to flame, and she looked drop dead gorgeous 100% of the time.

"you know what i smell like?" aquila whispered as she smugly smiled at the embarrassed boy.

"it's kind of hard to not notice." james blushed, looking at her with a dopy grin.

"that's so sweet!" the hufflepuff gushed, looking over at her slytherin friend and pouted at him, "why can't you describe me like that!"

"you think i don't do that for you! i do that all the time, just not in front of you!" the slytherin boy hushed, as he brought her close to him.

lily almost disappeared from his mind the moment she had walked through the doors of the great hall. of course, he had no idea that lily evans was, in fact, a lesbian and truly had no interest in him.

lily blushed under the gazes that were pinned to her at that.

"really? how did i not know! my gaydar isn't working!" marlene cried out dramatically, pretending to faint on dorcas, who laughed and caught her girlfriend.

now, he watched as she walked through the halls arm in arm with regulus. it made him want to be the one walking next to her. she looked so perfect, even with the tall heels she wore, she was still quite short compared to regulus. damn the black family and their genes.

"like i said, bi panic!" marlene burst, unapologetically.

"excuse me, i'm not short!" aquila complained, looking toward james with a pout on her lips.

"you're not, you just are when compared to regulus and i." james explained, rubbing his warm hand up and down her back.

standing in the corridor, he saw the lustful stares she was receiving and it made his blood boil. the only question in mind was why? it wasn't like he was in love with her, he was in love with lily, he always had been and always would be.

"who's gonna tell him?" someone asked.

immediately everyone except for the purebloods put their fingers to the tip of their nose and looked for the last one to do it.

the screen switched back to aquila as regulus told aquila about a room he had found apparently called the room of requirement and the camera followed as they were headed there so they could have what they dubbed as 'sibling time' with each other.

sirius deflated as he realized they were having sibling time without him. regulus noticed him becoming upset, and sat down next to him, cuddling into his side.

aquila had an idea of what they could do, but watched as her brother paced back and forth before a door appeared and they walked through.

they were hit with the scent of old books, and warm candles, and as they looked around, they found the room to have taken shape of a library, shelves filled with the classics of muggle literature, which they had both taken a liking to.

"ugh, i love the smell of old books!" aquila groaned, throwing her head back.

james' eyes widened and he leaned towards remus, who was the closest to him, "remus, how do i make myself smell like old books so aquila will love me?"

remus let out a snort as he said, "james, that would require you to actually read."

"hey! i read, i just don't do it in front of you!" james looked affronted.

"really? name five books," remus challenged, looking absolutely amused.

james chuckled nervously before pointing at remus, "the cat and the hat!"

remus chuckled as he told james, "that's all you can think of?"

"yes, at the moment, i can't remember what the book i'm currently reading is called!" james tried to persuade.

"i do, it's called non-existent." remus laughed, as he turned away from his friend, who turned back to the screen in thought.

there was an worn, brown leather couch, which had tons of matching blankets and a few pillows. set on the side table next to it, were the most comfortable looking clothes they had ever set their eyes on.

"that literally looks like my dream." many book-lovers commented, looking in awe of the room.

"it's giving fall-girlies." said a random muggleborn, getting nods of agreement.

they both took a set of clothes, and changed in the bathrooms, which were provided as well. once finished, they glanced over the titles of the books until they found their shared favorite, of which was little women by louisa may alcott. picking up the old book, they settled onto the couch, throwing a soft brown blanket over the top of them, aquila sat next to the end table, lighted a cinnamon-scented candle, and regulus cuddled into her, placing his head in her lap as she opened the book, her fingers hovering over the tattered pages. regulus closed his eyes in peace as she ran her hand through his curls and read the book aloud in a soft, loving voice.

"they're the literal sweetest!"

neither of them seemed to notice the slight shift of air that came from the corner of the room.

however, they also hadn't noticed when the door of the room of requirement had opened to have what would look like nothing enter.

"that's suspicious..."

"that's weird..."

aquila and regulus were caught up in the world of the march sisters. cuddling, resting, giggling, and just soaking up their pure brother-sister bonding time. aquila found that it felt like a memory, a pure memory that brought her back to their innocent childhood, a patronus-worthy memory, and she wouldn't trade it for the world.

"ugh, i love them!"

neither knew how their brother was looking at them from across the room with longing eyes, wanting to go join them, but knowing he was unable to, as both hated him.

"poor sirius..."

and that was how the rest of the evening went. regulus falling asleep to the sound of his sister's calming reading, aquila getting lost in the pages, and sirius relaxing behind them, listening to his sister read, pretending that she didn't hate him and knew he was there.

published: 2 august 2023

word count: 1612

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
151K 4.2K 94
"Thank you." "For what?" "Being there for me." "Like I said, I'll be by your side for eternity." โ€ขMarauders era โ€ขWhen Talea Lupin transferres to Hog...
1.4M 55.9K 158
COMPLETED "I despise you, Sirius Black." "No, no you don't."...
190 19 5
โ๐—™๐—จ๐—–๐—ž, ๐—œ๐—ง'๐—ฆ ๐—ง๐—›๐—˜๐—  ๐—”๐—š๐—”๐—œ๐—ก!โž ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ โŒ—โššโ‚Ž Hecate was scared. Of her pocket world's future, of the c...