douze.

tw: implications of eating disorders, body dysmorphia, self-hate, underage drinking, sexual assault, and torture

third pov

yule break

days at grimmauld seemed to blur together before aquila's eyes.

a mix of regulus and kreacher checking in on her, bringing her food, and sitting with her as she slowly built her strength once more.

not a single moment did she see orion, however.

"bitch!" someone hissed, glaring at orion, who looked down, disappointed by himself.

aquila sent a look towards the person who hissed the profanity, but said nothing.

days passed and too quickly did the pureblood yule ball arrive.

walburga had woken up days after the crucio incident and limited aquila's eating habits in order for her to lose weight to fit into the dress that she had bought at the beginning of the year, something the boys were not aware of.

"she did what!" older sirius and hailey yelled, pulling older aquila in between them.

aquila stood in front of her mirror in her dark undergarments, looking at her body in hate. her breasts were too big, as were her thighs. her waist and stomach were not as small as she wished they were, and she could pinch skin underneath her arms. scars littered the surface of her skin, and black and blue bruises bloomed all over her body.

the audience winced as they saw the scars and bruises, while both aquilas shyed away from the screen.

both girls' family noticed this and glared at the people looking at her body.

"hey! stop looking at her!" james yelled, glaring at the tons of people.

she was no where near beautiful in her eyes as she was in others. her mother had been right, she had let herself go, and now she was to pay for it.

"don't you dare think that, darling. you're the most beautiful creature on this planet, and i won't have you thinking otherwise." james said firmly, placing a finger under her chin and bringing her to look in his eyes.

she slipped the itchy long-sleeved black sequin fabric over her body, and zipped the dress more easily than she expected.

the dress felt loose as it hung around her waist. it didn't feel like the normal ones she bought, and it definitely didn't feel like it had when she first tried it on at the beginning of the school year, which made her feel worse.

what aquila didn't know was that she looked absolutely stunning. the black fabric complimented her skin and made her hair look glossy and even darker than it was naturally. the slit that went up to her upper thigh showed off her long, model-like legs, and the heels that adorned her feet gave into that effect.