The Slime Administrator

By EchoFlag

What happen if Satoru Mikami was born earlier? What happen if he's a proper gentleman? What happen if he surv... More

Prolouge: The Human Mind
Chapter 1: A Fool Clown
Chapter 2: AXIS
Chapter 3: Civilization
Chapter 4: Saint?
Chapter 5: A Warm Welcome
Chapter 6: Hinata Sakaguchi (Part 1)
Chapter 7: Hinata Sakaguchi (Part 2)
Side Story: The Chef and the Student
Chapter 8: Peace and Threats
Chapter 9: Why they stand
Chapter 10: The Festival
Chapter 11: Sudden Help
Side Story: Engineer graduate
Chapter 12: Blood Garden
Chapter 14: Right Behind You
Chapter 15: Contemplating
Chapter 16: Deep Under

Chapter 13: Past and Present

635 26 17
By EchoFlag

"Please! Stay with me!" A cry from a woman echoed through the land of fire.

Scorch of purple flames engulf  everything as far as the eye can see. A giant shadow loomed upon the land, sending fear to those who's still breathing.

A black haired woman in white robe, hugging a silver blue haired girl(?) on her arms very tightly. Tears of sadness flow down from her eyes to her cheeks and falling to the girl's face.

"Im sorry." She(?) whispered softly with a boy-ish voice.

She(?) let out a quiet chuckle, 'Even with a god-like power, i still fail.'

The woman tears are still streaming down her face, her arms tighten to the person and put her(?) more closer to her chest.

"Why did it always have to be like this..." She begged, her voice were hoarsed from her cry.

She felt a sensation on her cheeks, she opened her eyes and saw a pair of  mesmerising golden eyes staring right at her.

"It's fine, it's okay, i'm still here..." She calmed her down with her soothing low voice.

"I was so close...Please..." The woman kept on weeping.

A shadow looming upon them with strong winds hitting them, almost knocking them back. A jet black dragon with it's mouth glowing purple.

"Chloe...here." The girl right palm opened and a dark blue old watch with chains.

"Wha-" Chloe's eyes widened.

"Wait!!! What are you-" Lot tears streamed down her face once more.

"I'm sorry Chloe." She put the watch to Chloe's chest.

As the dragon let out a roar and prepared itself for another feast, She whispered, "Please, have a good life."

Then, the world turned pitch black.

___________

Rimuru is in his office doing paper work just like in any Tensura Fanfic. But instead of having an idea to travel between world, he's just doing his f-ckin job.

So what's special about it?

One, is that Chloe is hugging his chest very tightly with his suit turn wet from her tears.

"Please don't *HIC* go." She sobbed out of control.

Rimuru, not knowing the context aside from having a nightmare, can only patted her back while trying to calmed her down.

"It's okay little one, i'm here." He calmed her down with his deep soothing voice.

She responded with more tears and a louder cry, a sweat formed on Rimuru's forehead.

Now, the second one is on his desk, a letter from the western council. Apparently, they have yet to acknowledged his country existence and have to attend an emergency meeting about his country to be approved of it's existence.

'Probably they all are going to try to milked the shit out of me.' He thought.

Well, a nation that appeared out of nowhere and with a span of 2 years earn a popularity as a 1st world nation and was created by a monster is...unique at best.

The third one is about Clayman's former domain. Instead of giving it to Milim, he kept the domain to territory.

Aside from having a treasure and more land, it has something that he always need, sea. Finally, he doesn't need to excuse himself for getting into other nation territory for fish when he have his own.

But that's not the problem, the problem was the underground section where it was yet to be explored.

A task force has been formed consisting of 1 Forest Batallion, 9-man squad of Immortal Osoweic with Shion, 2 squad of Kurenai with Benimaru, and about 200-ish members from the City Of the Forgotten Dragon including Milim herself.

The operation has yet to be commenced because of Rimuru's current 2 problem.

Rimuru kept on patting her back while shushing her softly, while also continuing his paper work.

Rimuru has an autopilot for this job, the reason he isn't using it wasn't because of Raphael, refusing to help him and stuff, but because of Chloe crying.

And the other 4 kids waiting for her on the couch with their worried face looking at Chloe.

Rimuru sigh, "God....why?" He murmured.

A boy with spiky orange hair, approached him with his fingers intertwined like he was the one at fault as Rimuru kept on patting Chloe's back.

"Yes Kenya?" Rimuru called first before Kenya could say anything, which startled the boy.

"Ah, ummmm..." Then, he finally spoke, "I-I need to go to the bathroom, c-can you help me? I-Im not scared cuz it's d-dark or something!"

...

Rimuru let out a tired sigh and rose from his seat, "Alright, let's go everyone."

The children, aside from Chloe since he's carrying her, hold each other hand while Kenya hold Rimuru's hand while he lead them like chicks following their mother.

In a dark hallway, with the only light is from the moon on the sky, there are no candle to light the way, it's a wonder how they find Rimuru. The hallway was silent, all the servant has probably gone to sleep, it's still dark afterall, probably 2 at the morning.

Unlike Rimuru, who is a slime, doesn't need any sleep, tho it do gets a bit lonely at night, so he went to bed like the others because he got nothing to do and lonely.

They arrived at the children room, they opened the door and see the messy bed, probably from the children when they heard her cry in which they freaked out. The small chandelier on the middle of the room, lights up the red carpet floor.

Quite fancy for a children room, even if their bed was a bunk beds. Fortunately for Kenya, the bathroom is besides their room so he quickly went inside the bathroom, which has it's own light.

Who the heck use the bathroom with the lights off especially at night?

Everyone went into their respective bed while Rimuru put Chloe into hers. He gave her a long hug and she finally stop crying.

Rimuru gets on his knees and stared at the teary eyes, "What happened?" Rimuru hold her hands, trying to calm her down.

As the sob died down, she answered, "Y-You-" Before she let out another cry, Rimuru put his arms around her for a hug while patting her head.

"It's okay, it's okay, i'm here."

Chloe kept on sobbing and tried to calm herself down by hugging him tightly.

"I-I'm scared." She spoke with her voice so little.

Rimuru kept on patting her head, "It's alright, no ones gonna hurt you, because i'm here."

Not even a second later, Chloe's eyelids became heavier and heavier, then she fell asleep on Rimuru's shoulder.

He then slowly tucked her to bed. Without him knowing, Kenya has already went to his bed.

He kissed her forehead and leave after he gave another look at her, she slept so soundly, she looks cute.

Rimuru closed the door and went to his office alone, in the dark, lifeless hallway. He still wondered on what's going on in Chloe's mind, unfortunately, he's busy.

On the other end of the hallway, a pair of eyes gazed onto him, it's form was clouded by the darkness. Below the eyes, something shines, with a slow and quiet ticking sound.

__________

Under the blue sky with the sun shining as always, piercing through the roof made from glass. Sorrounding the gate to the labyrinth, a some sort of a glass house with a golden like structure. Inside, guests coming in and out.

Adventurers who wants to go into the dungeon, merchants who wants to trade, tourists who just wants to visit, and many more. Ever since the day they announce the grand opening of the Labyrinth, golds kept on piling and piling inside their pocket.

Finally, they don't need to be worried about their financial problems, for they do not have one, yet.

A black haired man with a face of that a teenager, wearing white long sleeve button shirt, sitting on an arm chair worth probably more than hundreds of golds, while sipping a tea with such courtesy of a noble.

Inside a closed room, with only a fixed glass windows from both side, where the sun shines from both direction to the two man in the room.

As the black haired man put the cup down on the table, he let out a satisfied sigh, "Nice weather, don't you think, Rimuru-san?"

The silver blue haired man sitting with his legs crossed, chuckle at the other man remarked.

"Right, indeed it is." Rimuru took a cup of his tea and took a sip with the same manner as the man across him.

"So, what are we going to talked about?" Yuuki asked as Rimuru put his cup down.

Silence filled the room, almost giving a haunting feeling if Rimuru did not break the ice when he broke away from his thought.

"...How was your life back then? Before you were here."

Yuuki tilted his head in confusion, 'What?' He thought.

"Well, nothing special aside that i'm some goodie two shoes back in the day." He answered.

"I see," Rimuru leaned forward with a gaze of a predator, "How sure are you?"

Yuuki jolted a bit, 'What's with the sudden change?' Unseen by Rimuru, Yuuki slowly reached a dagger, preparing for what comes next.

The tense atmosphere dimmed out as Rimuru leaned back with his gaze turn normal, "Sorry for scaring you, not personal."

Yuuki chuckled while he slowly pull his hand away from his dagger, "It's okay, you did got me there."

Rimuru pull out a fancy bottle with a box-like shape with the liquor transparent like water and put it on the table, "What do you think of the current situation of the world?"

Yuuki thought a bit, 'Getting political i see.'

"...Ancient, if you could say. Hierarchy, slaves, uneducated people, you know, medieval." He spoke while treating himself with the liquor Rimuru handed him.

"I want to change it all-"

"Like back in our world?" Rimuru cutted him off.

"Well, those thing still exist, just more diguised. I want the world to be at peace, no wars, no suffering, lot of smiles and laughter, all that. I know that's a bit of naive, but still, i want it, forever." He stated, leaving Rimuru to pondered a bit.

'World peace? Hah! As long as humanity exist, it wouldn't, even if they were the ones who actively chase it. Even if it did happens, it's only a matter of time for it to cease to exist.' He thought.'

"And to achieve this, you do politics?" Asked Rimuru.

"Of course, it's the only way." Yuuki answered as his eyes gazed the birds and flowers outside.

'No it's not, war is also one of them. Then again, it would vanished as well as time pass. Like hunger, after you ate you would feel full, then you're not and it repeated. War happens, peace comes by, then war again.'

'Even if one treated the others like pawn or equal, it's still won't be achievable. As long as humanity exist, as long as they are apart from each other, it wouldn't. Unless a prophet sent by god, it might be, but it's also probably at the end of the world.' Rimuru pour the liquor onto his glass.

'The closest thing we got that resemble peace, is death. Humans are one of, if not, the nearest perfect creature that god created. It is what happen if you put angel and a devil into the mix and gave it a full consciousness.'

'Peace can never exist, only temporarily, only in death, until the afterlife, where we will be judged.' Rimuru took a deep breath.

"Well, i hope to see that day come. May the road be smooth with no pebble on the way." Rimuru raised his glass, followed by Yuuki.

'I really hope it exist. Lot of people tried to reached it, but it's only a makeshift one. Yuuki, will you be the madman who will find the way? If so, when the day comes, let's hope that i could still see the blue sky.'

Yuuki released a sigh of relief, "Very refreshing, but-" He stared at the box bottle with one eye brow raised.

"Why does it taste like water?" He asked.

As soon Rimuru done pouring one again, he answered, "Because it is water."

...

"Don't drink alcohol, it's bad for your health." Said Rimuru as he pull out a comically large grande cigar that Winston Churchill used and light it up.

"And don't smoke." As he inhale the smoke into his lung.

Yuuki was speechless, how the hell did he pull that thicc thing ou-wait he's a slime...

"But you're smo-"

"It's not tobacco, it's mint!" He then handed Yuuki a normal sized grande cigar.

"Want one?"

____________

"Rimuru-sama?" A mature yet cute voice pulled Rimuru out from his thought.

"Hmm?" He gazed the pink haired girl dressed in pink kimono with flower motives.

On the way to Ingrassia to attend the emergency meeting, Rimuru thought on what would happen at the meeting. Worst case scenario, they wage war against him. Best case scenario, they will be allies and not going to back stab him. What would most likely happen, they're trying to milked him (wait, what?).

As he was planning to go, Shuna insisted herself to attend as well as his subordinate and bodyguard, "Let me attend as well, Rimuru-sama. You shouldn't go alone!" She stated.

"It's alright, we're just gonna have some talk and-" Suddenly, a black mist appeared out of thin air beside him.

"Apologize, Rimuru-sama. But i have to agree with her, let us 2 escort you to Ingrassia, who knows what's going to happened to you while on the way." A deep yet young voice came out from the mist as it dissipated, revealing Souei inside.

"It's fine, i can take care of myself, you're worrying to muc-"

"We insist, Rimuru-sama!" Rimuru jolted as he heard both of them spoke at the same time.

He let out a sigh as he picked up his briefcase and swallow it whole, "Alright, let's go." He walked out from the door of his office, followed by his 2 escort.

"Shall we used a carriage, Rimuru-sama?" Shuna asked as they arrived outside the building.

"No need, we use Ranga as our ride, no need to be so-" Then once again, he got cutted by Shuna.

"But Rimuru-sama, you are attending an important meeting of the Western Council, atleast be modest!" She yelled as Rimuru winced at her voice.

"I've called Rigurd who's currently in charge at the gate, it will be prepared soon enough, Rimuru-sama." Said Souei.

And here they are, sorrounded by a field of grass with some trees at the distance. Shuna called when he gazed onto the wide field of grass from the window.

"What is it?" He asked.

Shuna stared at her hand on her knees, "About Yuuki, can he be trusted?"

Souei, who's outside of the carriage with the coach, who's a human, heard the conversation behind them. The carriage they are in, aren't that fancy nor plain. With a brown shining wood and golden linings as it's motive.

Rimuru contemplated a bit, "...Yes, he could be-"

"But he's the one that let slipped your identity, he back stabbed you, how could you-" Before Shuna could speak another word, she realized the way she speak and her tone, she covered her mouth.

A drop of sweat came out from Rimuru's forehead, "It's alright Shuna, i understand." He gazed back onto the field.

"I spoke to him in the morning, just right before he left."

"And what did you two talked about, Rimuru-sama?" Shuna listened carefully.

If one carefully looked at her, they can see a pair of ear comes out from the top of her head.

"Ideology. He's a bit naive, but he can make it work." 'Atleast that what i hope.'

"He wants to achieve world peace, with politics, pulling some strings and stuff. He's smart, let's hope he had a good enough reason to back stab me." He chuckled.

"And what of the children? Should they receive our citizenship?" She asked again.

With Yuuki being a possible threat, Rimuru took the children to his city to be safe. The children do get education, but their education system has yet to be approved to the world, that's one of the reason why Rimuru wants to attend the meeting in a hurry by himself.

Even if the children are educated, as long as their graduation hasn't been approved by the council, they would struggle to find a job.

And also profit, more student=more money.

"Probably...i'll think about that later." As they arrived at the gate, they passed the check and park their carriage, apparently Rimuru want to feel the atmosphere directly from outside.

Souei and Shuna gazed onto the clean and shining city. Clothes dispalyed behind glasses, even weapons and armored. The city was more advanced then tempest in terms of public system, the path was very clean that even nobles preferred to walk then ride their carriage.

The atmosphere was surreal for them, but for Rimuru, it was nostalgic.

As they walked to the meeting, they crossed their path with a certain beatiful knight.

"Rimuru-san?" Hinata called him from the other side of the road.

"Oh, you're also invited?" He asked as she closed their distance.

"Yeah." Hinata saw the two subodinate behind him.

"Ah, Shuna and Souei right? Nice to meet you both." Hinata bowed.

"Nice to see you again, Miss Hinata." The 2 subordinate bowed as well.

"So, want to walked together?" Rimuru asked as they finished their greetings.

"Why not, let's go."

________________________________________

Hey guys, quick quiestion.

Do you read this fanfic like some sort of guilty pleasure? (Even if it were shit, you still like it, like the Eminence of Shadow.)

Or do you read this because it's actually good?

And also.

What makes you like this fanfic? Aside from above.

And how's my grammar? How bad is it?

It's okay to not answer, not forcing you, but i appreciate it if you did.

Thank you SO MUCH for reading, don't forget to vote, comment, and gives some critics if you have one.

2800+ WORD AND PROBABLY 12K READ WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 312 64
All of his life, Kousei Arima was a boy that was just about automatic as you could get when playing the piano. Then, one day, a free-spirited violini...
35.4K 623 13
[[[Heads-up, this is an old story I took down but due to some demand I've decided re-upload it again, just thought I'd let you know. ^_^)>]]] -This i...
18.9K 911 16
Sequel to That Time I Traveled as a Demon Lord 「Heya! karma-kun's here. Apparently, shits happened, and now we're going to war. Just like what the...
25.9K 769 26
in this story, it wasn't mikami satoru who was reborn as rimuru, it was other person. this person is colder, which would result for him to become mor...