Paired With The Player (Harry...

By HarryzDimple

Jasmine Brooks. Normal sixteen year old girl with a normal life. Annoying siblings, overprotective parents an... More

Paired With The Player (Harry Styles Fanfic)
Chapter One: Irritating.
Chapter Three: 1/5 Janoskians & Crying <3
Chapter Four: Hospital.

Chapter Two: Butterflies.

326 8 1
By HarryzDimple

• JASMINE •

"JB?" I question.

He smirks. "Yeah, why not? I mean your first name's Jasmine, and your second is Brooks. It makes sense."

"Okay..."

"Guess what my last name is."

"I know it's Styles." I roll my eyes at him.

"How do you know that?" His smirk grows. He's deliberately trying to piss me off. I should've known. That's why he agreed to actually help me out on this. That stupid, spoiled bastard only wants some fun. You know what? If he wants to play, I will. Bring it on, Styles.

"Let's just start." I don't let the irritation I'm feeling show.

"Sure. What do we need?"

"I'll just get some pencils and stuff."

He nods, bored as I leave the room. Running up the stairs, I take the opportunity of being out of his line of sight to slip the garage keys in my pocket. Why? You'll have to find out.

I grabbed some books, paper, pens and pencils before jogging down the stairs. Harry's slumped in his seat, flicking through channels on my TV with the remote.

I cleared my throat to get his attention. His head swivelled round, eyes locking with mine. I gave him a small smile, holding out the stuff. Neither of us said anything.

He set the papers on the table, skimming through our Science textbook. I drummed my fingers on the table, waiting.

"Can you not do that?" He spoke, clearly irritated. His eyes were glued on my fingers rhythmically moving up and down.

"Do what?" I ask innocently.

"Drumming your fingers. Stop. It's annoying."

I stopped for a second, waiting till his attention was back on the book. Then I started drumming again, this time hitting my nails on the glass of the coffee table to create more noise.

Harry lets out a frustrated sigh, hand slamming on top of mine, flattening it. Ouch.

"Oi!" I grumbled, rubbing my hand. "No need to get physical."

"Then just fucking help me."

"Don't swear." I scolded.

Harry's lips tipped in a smile. "Wow. You're one of the first sixteen year old freaks who don't like swearing. That's good."

Freaks? That stung a little, but I didn't show it. Glowering, I replied, "and you're one of the first sixteen year old douchebags who admire that. That's good."

"Touché." He responds. "But I'm not a douchebag."

"Whatever." I decide to change the subject. "What are you writing about?"

Harry's pen was moving across the paper at an ascending speed. "The Krebs Cycle."

"That's boring."

"That's Science."

I laughed, then paused. Was HE actually working? That's new. Mostly what Harry did in class was daydream, then ask me to explain it. When I was bothered, I did. When I wasn't, I just have him the finger and left him to do it himself. He should pay attention. For once.

I stretched my legs out, waiting for Harry to finish. It was cute the way his pink lips were pursed, eyebrows furrowed in concentration. Wait, what? He wasn't cute, he was vile. Stupid curls.

I sighed inwardly. I had to at least admit his hair was awesome. The ringlets looked so soft and silky; I was dying to run my fingers through them.

"What?" He mused, smiling.

Shit. He caught me staring. "I was just seeing how ugly you are." I said innocently.

He chuckled. "Me, ugly? Please. Ask the hundred other girls dying to ask me out."

"And yet you pick the ugliest one."

"Anne?"

"Yup. She's terrible. I don't get what you see in her."

"Well, she is popular."

My eyes widened. "WHAT? So you just date girls because they're popular? Don't you care about anything else?"

"What? Of course I do -"

"Then why the hell did you just say -"

"Just shut up and listen to me Jasmine." Harry said all in a rush, glaring. I shut my mouth, allowing him to speak.

"I don't date girls just for popularity and looks and stuff. Personality counts too. If you haven't noticed, girls date me for my looks and popularity a lot."

I bit my lip. That made me feel kind of sorry for him. Kind of. His jerkiness lessened it. "Do you think a girl will like you for you?" I asked, curious.

"I don't know." His glittering green orbs stared into mine. I felt like he was burning me with his strong gaze. "What do you think?"

"Maybe." I evaded my gaze. "Someone should. When you stop being an asshole you're nice."

"Excuse me?" He looked appalled. "When am I EVER an asshole?"

"The majority of the time."

"Oh." He was quiet, thinking. Then a cocky smirk formed. "Yet you love me."

"I don't. You can count on that."

Chucking, he put the pens away. "I think we're done for today."

"Already?" I was surprised at the fact my time held disappointment. Did I want him to stay? Why would I? He's a cocky jerk who plays girls.

"Look, I know you love me, but I have places to go and people to see."

I scoffed. "Whatever. Go."

"Bye, JB." Ugh. He was back to annoying me.

"Stop calling me that."

Laughing lightly, he leant down so we were almost nose to nose. I was getting lost in the sparkling green of his eyes as his soft lips pressed a kiss to my cheek.

Butterflies.

Butterflies that shouldn't be there.

"Bye then. You know where the door is."

"So hospitable." He joked, smiling from ear to ear as he left the living room. A few seconds later I front door slammed.

I sighed, rubbing my face with my hands. Why did he have to kiss my cheek? I know it was nothing big. He probably went around kissing girls' cheeks all the time. But I only let guys do that when we're friends. Harry isn't my friend. He's some guy sitting next to me in Science and my partner for this stupid project. That's all.

Grimacing, I cleaned our stuff off the coffee table before clumping up the stairs, flopping down on my bed to take a nap. I caught the time on my alarm clock. 6:30.

He'd only stayed an hour. Next time he should stay longer.

I mentally slapped myself again. Why do I want him to stay? Oh yeah, I want a good grade on this project. That's all.

Closing my eyes, I let my mind wander. Soon enough sleep overcame me.

*****

• HARRY •

I bent down, catching her gaze. Our eyes locked as I made my way lower. Her eyes were so beautiful. Stormy grey with bits of green. My lips hit her cheek, surprising butterflies appearing in the pit of my stomach.

Her skin was so soft against my lips. When I pulled away she stared at me confused, before frowning slightly. Why? Didn't she mind me kissing her? It was just a kiss on the cheek. It wasn't like I'd just snogged her or anything.

"Bye then. You know where the door is."

I chuckled. "So hospitable." I turned, making my way to her front door, slamming it behind me to let her know I'd left.

The walk home wasn't far, just a few minutes. It surprised me. We lived so close, though I'd never see her outside of school.

I reached my door, unlocking it and stepping in. I smelled my Mum cooking dinner.

"Hey Harry." She called. "Where've you been?"

"At a friends' house." I replied, walking to the fridge and glancing inside.

"Who?"

I rolled my eyes. "Her name's Jasmine."

"Pretty name."

"She's a pretty girl." I blurted.

Mum turned, grinning all over her face. "You like her?"

"I don't know. We don't know each other that well. I just sit next to her in Science."

"Then why were you at her house?"

"We have to do a project together."

"Oh." Mum went back to her cooking and I took the opportunity to run up to my room.

Jasmine didn't know, but while she was in her room she'd left her phone. Their was no password (stupid mistake), which made it easy to access everything. I'd put my number in there and taken hers.

I unlocked my phone, creating a text.

TO: Jas(:

Helloooooo. Just wanted to let you know I can't come to your place anytime soon. Busy with other things. Sorry.

Chuckling, I sent the message. That would annoy her. A lot.

Now I'd just have to wait and see what she'd reply.

*

• JASMINE •

The beeping of my phone woke me. I blinked a few times before reaching out, knocking down my iPod speakers and grasping my phone. I opened my new message and my eyes widened.

FROM: Haz(:

Helloooooo. Just wanted to let you know I can't come to your place anytime soon. Busy with other things. Sorry.

There was no doubt the 'Haz' was Harry. Stupid idiot. He must've done this when I was not in the room.

I facepalmed suddenly, realising I still had my garage keys in my pocket. I was going to do something with them, but now Harry's gone I can't.

I'll just have to wait till he's here next. Whenever that may be since 'he can't come anytime soon'.

My thoughts are interrupted by someone banging on my front door. I get up lazily, looking out of my window to see who it is. My friend Sofani is jumping up and down like a maniac, a huge smile plastered on her face.

When I open the door for her she launches herself at me, hugging me too tight. I can barely breathe.

"What is it?"

"DANIEL!" She yelled.

"Who?"

"Daniel asked me out!"

"Who's Daniel?"

"Daniel Sayhounie. I know him. He's so cute. He asked me out. I can't believe this."

"Is he nice?"

She nodded vigorously. "I want you to meet him. He's bringing a friend and says I can too."

"Sure. When?"

"Now!"

"But it's like seven o'clock! My Mum could be back and not find me."

"Dude. It's seven. It's early. Come ON."

Reluctantly I follow her outside, getting in her car. Sofani already turned seventeen so she basically drives me everywhere. I'm glad.

*

• HARRY •

"Do I have to?" I asked my friend Daniel. He wanted me to go meet his girlfriend, Sofani.

"YES. She's gonna bring a friend too so you won't be third wheeling or anything. Hurry UP."

I sighed, following him to his car. To meet his new girlfriend and her friend. Whoever this friend may be, I hope it's someone I get along with so it won't be awkward.

"We're here." Daniel parks his car.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Updated again :):):)

Hope you liked it.

I had to include Daniel from the Janoskians because 1) they're perfect 2) one of my best friends sofani loves him and 3) he's so cute.

OTHER JANOSKIANS MEMBERS MAY OR MAY NOT BE INCLUDED.

If you want them to then just let me know. :)

I'm in love with this fanfic by @obrien_styles. It's called let me in. Im reading the sequel right now. It's so good.

AAAAND I'm going to be making a cover for this book soon.

Sorry for any typos :)

-HarryzDimple

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 2.5K 20
I have found an ideal life. I have a loving husband, no work and no danger. This is exactly what I wanted when I ran away and changed my identity. Bu...
230K 7.3K 55
แ€›แ€ญแ€•แ€บแ€แ€ปแ€ฑ แ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ปแ€…แ€บแ€แ€šแ€บ แ‹ แ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธแ€œแ€Šแ€บแ€ธ แ€›แ€ญแ€•แ€บแ€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ปแ€…แ€บแ€œแ€ฌแ€›แ€„แ€บ แ€–แ€ฝแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€”แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บ แ‹ แ€”แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€ฅแ€ฎแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€•แ€บแ€แ€ปแ€ฑ ๐Ÿ€ แ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€แ€”แ€บแ€ธ & แ€”แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€ฅแ€ฎแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€•แ€บแ€...
228K 14K 64
๐“๐จ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐œ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ก ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž๐š๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž ๐ญ๐จ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ. ...