Chapter One: Irritating.

JASMINE'S POV

When I was done screaming at my annoying nine year old sister, I decided to get ready for school. I brushed my straight, slightly wavy chestnut brown, long hair, outlined my stormy grey eyes with kohl, and curled my long eyelashes. Slipping on a pair of blue jeans shorts, I finished off my outfit with a black tank top which said 'Jack Daniels' on it, my black Vans and paper plane necklace.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. My pale creamy skin looked healthier than usual, which was a plus. My hair wasn't a rats nest - I didn't really get bed hair. I wasn't really one of those really insecure girls, I knew I had flaws, but I generally didn't have a problem with myself.

I ran down the stairs with my handbag/schoolbag containing my phone, iPod, makeup and school stuff like a spasticated gorilla, jumping the last few steps. My lunch was waiting in a carrier bag for me, made by my Mum.

Calling a quick goodbye, I exited the house, strolling slowly, in no rush, to the bus stop. A few people I recognised from school stood, bored and clicking the keys in their phones. Among them was the one and only Harry Styles. He was gorgeous, I had to admit, though he had a different girl every week. A player. DEFINITELY not the type of guy I'd go for, hot or not.

I knew him vaguely. We're friends, I guess. Acquaintances. I sit next to him for Science because of the stupid seating plan. We talk and get along, but I don't hang out with him when I'm not in class.

I'm not as popular as him. He has girls throwing themselves at him, just for his looks. I don't think anyone he's been with gives a shit about his personality. That's kind of sad, I have to admit. I am friends with everyone in my form group and many others, but I'm not the hottest girl in school that every guy dreams of going out with and honestly, I don't want to be.

"Hey, Jasmine," Harry smiles, making his way over to me.

My name is Jasmine Brooks. Jas to all my friends.

"Hey Harry." I grinned.

"How's life?"

"Shit."

"At least you're normal," he laughed.

My life isn't really bad. I have some problems at home financially, like everyone. And I have to study for exams and everything. So yeah, I'm normal.

"Yeah." I agreed; changed the subject. "Did we have any geography homework?"

Harry and I are in the same form group, so unless we have different sets for subjects, we're together. We don't have sets for geography based on ability, so I'm asking him.

"No."

"Good, 'cause I didn't do it."

"Ooh, we got a badass over here!" He chuckled.

"Shut up." I giggled, sticking my tongue out at him.

Our bus arrived, half full of tired people, just like us. We entered, Harry spotting some of his popular friends and running off to them without saying goodbye. Typical boy.

None of my friends that are close to me and worth talking to were on the bus, so I sat at the back and put in my earphones, turning my music up. I wasn't into mainstream music like pop and R&B. I was more into punk rock, punk pop, indie and hip hop. I like Emblem3 (Team Inspire!), Black Veil Brides, All Time Low, Pierce The Veil, Imagine Dragons, Sleeping With Sirens, 5 Second Of Summer... Bands and artists like that. I like bands. Preferable boy bands.

I read on Wattpad on my Samsung Galaxy S ||| because I really had nothing better to do and the books on Wattpad were good. Right now I was reading a book called 'His To Keep'. It's creepy and really good.