When the Tide Switches - Rafe...

By svevarossi2

Lillian Bianca Jones and Rafe Cameron have been enemies for as long as they can remember, but when the tide s... More

Prologue
๐ŸซถCHARACTERS๐Ÿซถ
Playlist๐Ÿซถ
Chapter 1- The Boneyard
Chapter 2- Homeboy Likes You
Chapter 4- Big Revelations
Chapter 5- Mind Games
Chapter 6- For What It's Worth
Chapter 7- My Person
Chapter 8- Heavenly Looks
Chapter 9- Apologies & Discoveries
Chapter 10- He Missed It
Chapter 11- Damage Control
Chapter 12- Dead Past
Chapter 13- Cozy Future
Chapter 14- Revealing Comforts
Chapter 15- A Big Secret
Chapter 16- Stupid Dare
Chapter 17- Meaningful Words
Chapter 18- Love Bomb
Chapter 19- What A Night
Chapter 20- Tough Day
Chapter 21- Party Hustle
Chapter 22- Throwing Up The Past
Chapter 23- Celebration of Love
Chapter 24- Police Sirens
Chapter 25- The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 26- Open Mouth
Chapter 27- Anger & Panic
Chapter 28- He Did It
Chapter 29- Finally Together
Face-Claim
Chapter 30- Back To Real Life
Chapter 31- Clubbing on the Mainland
Chapter 32- Altruism or Selfishness?
Chapter 33- What The Fuck
Little Update
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 1)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 2)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 3)
Editing
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 4)
Chapter 35- Unmerited Favours
Chapter 36- Harmful Memories
Chapter 37- Used To Saying It
Update
Chapter 38- The Monster's Gone

Chapter 3- Thorton Playboy

2.1K 23 22
By svevarossi2

That realization gave me chills, to be completely honest it's weird to think that someone whom you hate so much has seen you at your most vulnerable state. In my life not a lot of people, well boys, have seen me naked. So it's weird that Rafe Cameron is part of that short list.

It wasn't that big of a deal though it wasn't for the same reasons as the other boys on that list if you know what I mean. It wasn't important, so I forgot about it quickly and eventually, it was late and all of us parted ways.

Kie, Sarah, and I were having a sleepover at Sarah's. It was always her house, it was the biggest, and her parents never really monitored us which was always a plus for us.

"So..." Sarah said suddenly. "Do you guys have your eye on anyone?? I'm the only one in a relationship, I need to go on triple dates with my girls" Sarah whined to us.

I looked at Kie with a knowing look and blurted out "Kie here said Tyler Robinson was hot." We all started laughing hysterically and we fell on the floor from Sarah's bed. "For real?" Sarah said and continued laughing.

After a while, we calmed down "What about you Lil?" Kie asked me.

"To be honest no one, plus like you know, after you know who I don't really want a relationship," I said. "Yeah that's fair, it was a pretty big thing," Kie said, "That's what she said," I said with a smirk and they both started laughing at me and horrible humor.

"Oh, I know who you like.... Rafe!" Sarah said sarcastically.

"Oh yeah I'm in love with him" I responded with the same tone of sarcasm.

"No but other than the drug stuff he's kinda your type... Like, hear me out: tall, nice eyes, older than you, protective." Kie said confused.

"Oh yeah, he's also obnoxious, annoying, and cocky." I pointed out.

"Enough about my brother, him and Lil are never going to happen," Sarah said closing the discussion.

"Thank you," I answered, relieved that the Rafe talk was over.

"I'm just saying that I think he likes you, like for example, he always beats up who you're about to hook up with at parties. He never does it to Sarah or me. Just you." Kie says bringing Rafe back to our conversation. "No, he only does it to annoy me and to get attention," I answer without thinking twice.

"Anyway let's go back to real boy drama," I say and then ask Sarah how things are going with John B.

The night goes by so fast and the next thing we're all crumpled up in Sarah's bed sleeping. It was 5.00 a.m. when I was woken up by Kiara's snoring. I chuckled and got up, I knew that I wouldn't fall asleep with her snoring in the background so I went to the guest room.

I checked my phone and saw that Topper had texted me. Topper, the last one of my best friends. We have known each other for ages mostly because of our parents and we have been best friends since. We had some dumb fights about him being friends with Rafe and me hanging out with the pogues but we both realized that we shouldn't let other people get between us.

Top💙

Lil

Me

Yeah?

Top💙

I need to ask you for a favor.

Please hear me out before saying no.

Me

Ofc, u can ask me anything bro🫶

Top💙

Can you pick me and Rafe up from the club?

We went there in his car but he is too wasted to drive and I can't drive stick.

I need you to know that I asked everyone before you, you're my last chance to get this boy and me home safe.

Please Lil

Do it for me

Me

Fine but Top u owe me big time.

It's like if I asked you to pick me and Jj up

Top💙

Don't mention that dirtbag's name

Me

Fine whatevs🖕

I was so annoyed at Topper for asking me that but I knew I couldn't leave him alone. I had so many forced interactions with Rafe this weekend: first him bringing me and Sarah home, then him asking me whom I was going to at 5.00 a.m., him tattling on me, and lastly him seeing me naked. I seriously needed to have some space from him, but of course, I couldn't. Because of Topper and because of the party tomorrow.

I texted the girls what I was doing but left out Rafe because I didn't want them to be suspicious about why I said yes. I only said yes because of Topper, even though I did owe Rafe one from that party with Sarah.

I took my car from my house and drove to the club, there I saw Topper and Rafe, Topper seemed tired and annoyed at Rafe and Rafe was rambling to him about something.

"Hey," I said to Topper.

"Oh hey look, that's the girl I was talking to you about," Rafe says to Topper in a sloppy voice. Topper looks shocked and I make a confused face, "I honestly don't care to know what he's talking about" I say and gesture for them to follow me out.

I get in the car and Topper puts Rafe in the passenger's seat, "Uhm Top, Rafe isn't sitting next to me." I say calmly.

"Yeah, he is just be mature you can handle it," Topper answers and I roll my eyes.

He was right, I took a second to look at Rafe and I realise that Kie was right. This man is my type, if he wasn't Rafe I would already have made a move. He was very tall, his eyes were as blue as the ocean but not overwhelming, and he was genuinely handsome. "Oh my god what am I thinking, it's Rafe," I think to myself and snap out of my moment.

To my surprise, Rafe was quiet the whole ride but I could see his eyes on me. His looks cut right through me, he was staring as if he was trying to figure me out, trying to figure my face out. But I assumed that he had just zoned out.

I arrived at Topper's and he took Rafe out. Before he headed upstairs with Rafe hanging on his shoulder he asked me "Lil, do you want to go golfing together tomorrow?"

"Of course, Top, just pick me up at 10 a.m. from Sarah's," I answered.

"Byeeeeee Lill, I will miss you!!" Rafe yelled with a very drunk and sloppy voice. I rolled my eyes, he was so wasted, if not high. I nodded, hugged Topper, and went back to Sarah's.

The day later I woke up and got ready to go golfing, I put on a white golf skirt, a white polo, and some sneakers and waiter for Topper to pick me up outside Sarah's house. When he finally arrived we said hi to each other and I hopped in his car.

"Lil, I have a question," Topper asks me while we're pulling up to the golf course.

"Did you and Rafe, you know, do it?" He asks me with a serious look. At first, I thought he was kidding, but then I realized he was being serious.

"What? No! Are you crazy?" I answered with a surprised look on my face. "Why would you even think that, we literally hate each other," I asked him.

"Well, long story short yesterday at the club Rafe was talking to me about some girl he had seen naked, he seemed really in-," He said before stopping himself. " "And then when you came he said that you were the girl he was talking about. So I just figured you two did it." Topper tells me without noticing my stunned face.

"He said what! Why was he even talking about it?" I start yelling.

"Wait he actually saw you naked?" Topper says, this time he is the surprised one.

"Yeah, he walked in on me changing my bikini," I answer while rolling my eyes that Rafe even mentioned it to him.

"Oh wow! Ok! Wow! So Rafe mother fucking Cameron saw you fully unclothed?" He asks and I nod. "Like no bra, no underwear no nothing?" He continues and I stop him: "Jesus Top for the love of god stop talking about it like we had sex, he just saw me naked for two seconds don't take it seriously" I snap.

"Sure Lillian, dismiss the fact that your enemy saw you naked. Let's golf then shall we?" He tells me while taking my hand and I smile relieved that Rafe is once again out of my head. 

Later in the afternoon, Topper brings me home. I invite Kie and Sarah to get ready at my house before the party and once they arrived it was Taylor Swift on full blast (my favorite artist ever). 

I was wearing the cutest mini dress ever: it had a flower multicolored print with a plunging neckline. It only covered my boobs, from the sides to the back it doesn't have any fabric so I wasn't even wearing a bra. I paired it with simple white heels and a cute YSL purse my aunt got me for my sweet 16. My hair was straightened in a half-up-do situation and the tied-up part was tied in a braid. I have to say I looked stunning. When the girls saw me they started whistling and cheering at me and I did the same for them.

Lillian's Outfit: 

We just walked at the Cameron's because it was one road away and we were sleeping over anyways. The party started at 7.00 but we got there at 8.00 because everyone knows the start of a party is always boring. You could hear the music from outside the house, there was a large crowd entering the house. The girls and I all held hands so that we wouldn't lose each other in the crowd. Pogues weren't invited to the party so we knew we had to stick together amongst all these kooks. The guys didn't tell us whether they were going to crash the party or not but I hoped they wouldn't because they would just get beaten up by Rafe, Topper, and Kelce.

We went to the living room and sat on the couch. We chatted for a while when Sarah instructed us to find someone to hook up with. To be honest I kind of wanted to do that. Today as well, as I was looking at my finest. But I wasn't going to force myself to have sex with someone because I'm not that horny. Actually, I'm not horny at all. Sarah is though.

Kie eyes Tyler and tells us "Let me show you how it's done Lil" She said laughing while making her way to him. Sarah and I laughed at her and then just talked more.

That's when I saw a boy entering the room. He was tall and jacked, he had blonde fluffy hair and big brown eyes. He was REALLY attractive. Sarah saw my face and got up on the dance floor close to him, she dragged me along so I could get his attention. We danced for a while and that's when I saw him checking me out and coming up to me.

"Hey, what's this beautiful girl's name?" he asks me pointing at me.

"Lillian, and yours?" I asked him while getting closer.

"Dylan. Dylan Thorton." He answered me while looking deep into my eyes then at my body then at my lips, he repeated this loop a few times.

"Thorton, like Topper Thorton?" I asked him surprised.

"Yeah, that's my cousin. Do you know him?"

"Actually yes. I do." I answered.

"And do you have anything going on with him?" He asks me as it was the most important question of his life.

"Nope, just friends." I said.

"Oh is that so?" He asks me teasingly.

"Actually yea-" I was interrupted by him putting his hands on my hips making his way up to my butt, upper back, and then waist where he stopped. At this point, we were dancing with our bodies draped on each other. Then he lifted my chin with his hands and kissed me. I kissed him back. I have to say he was a great kisser. We kept making out and then at a certain point he stopped the kiss and said: "What if we go to an empty room and we stay there for now huh?"

"Yeah sure" I replied.

"But in there, woman. You will do as I say huh?" He says and then the butterflies that were in my stomach a second before instantly stop. Icky. He just said the most awkward thing ever to say to a stranger that you were about to hook up with, so the secondhand embarrassment made me change my mind. He gave me the ick.

"Uhm, yeah, no, this isn't going to work," I tell him distancing myself.

He holds on tight to my wrist and doesn't let go of it. "Oh no, you made out with me now you will do what I want you to," he said, his tone was getting louder and I could feel eyes on us.

"Dylan let go of me you're hurting me," I say and he only holds his grip tighter. I feel the anxiety in me curl up and there it goes again a panic attack. Just the millionth one this year. I have been struggling with anxiety for a year now and my panic attacks just get worse every time.ry time. 

I feel Dylan's grip leave my wrist as another man punches him in the face. It was Rafe. 

"Leave her the fuck alone before I kick you out of my property," Rafe yells at Dylan.

"The hell I will, Lillian you're a slut. Come in the room with me before I make you." Dylan yells at me. Rafe starts beating him up.

"Leave her alone, and don't you dare call her that ever again," He said in between punches. Meanwhile, my panic attack is getting worse. "Where are the girls, Sarah and our families are the only ones who know how to help me with my anxiety." I think to myself.

By now Dylan is out of the house and that's when Rafe turns to me and tells me to follow him to the bathroom. I don't know why, but I do just that. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 13.1K 80
๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ...
740K 8.9K 41
She doesn't believe in love and he doesn't know how real love feels like. how sweet it is to be loved by you. - rafe cameron ! I don't own any of th...
65.5K 784 29
The story of an unexpected love between a boy who only knew hate and a girl that tried to avoid her own at all costs. Can she find his silver lining...
251K 3K 62
Hallie Parker... Was instantly recognized as the new girl on the island. Also known as the girl who changed Rafe's heart that one summer. ๐“‡ฝ This sto...