RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.2) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the second volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fi... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 14

433 13 2
By ZANE_555

(Ozpin's Office, Flashback)

Ruby and Y/N explains the Paladin Incident to the headmaster himself, laying out what they learned during their investigation. Ozpin takes all the information in stride, giving them a nod as Ruby finishes.

Ruby: "And that's all we know."

Ozpin: "I see. Thank you two for bringing this to my attention. Rest assured, I'll consult this with the other headmasters and the Council in the matter."

Y/N: "Okay then."

Ozpin: "For now, you two should focus on your schoolwork and the upcoming dance."

The team leader goes to scratch the back of her head.

Ruby: "Ah right. That's coming up."

Ozpin: "Indeed. Why don't you two enjoy being a student while you're still one."

As he said this, the headmaster nod to Y/N before the two students walk back inside the elevator. Once the elevator's doors close, Ruby turn her head to face Y/N with some level of concern.

Ruby: "Well... at least we didn't get punished for investigating by ourselves."

Y/N: "No kidding. You did good, Rubes."

Ruby gives him a smile before pointing at her head, gesturing him to headpat her.

Y/N: "Oh, alright then."

He proceeds to pat her on the head, making her happy, wishing they stay like this for a long while.

(End of Flashback)

In Port's class, Ruby tries to keep her eyes open when listening to Port's lecture. With her are Pyrrha, Y/N, Sun, and Neptune, all interviewing Port for their papers. The lecture devolved into a battle of wills to stay awake.

Y/N: "Must... stay... awake..."

Ruby: "Ehh..."

Out of all of them, Pyrrha, who's sitting between Ruby and Y/N, is the only one who manage to stay awake and doing it much easier than the rest. The red-haired girl sees her project partner and Y/N slowly falling to sleep and start nudging and whispering them one by one.

Pyrrha: "Ruby, wake up."

Ruby: "H-Huh...? W-What...?"

Pyrrha: "Y/N, you got wake up too."

Y/N: "I-I'm awake..."

Behind them and their desks are Sun and Neptune, who are having a much harder time to stay awake.

Sun: "Can't... stay... awake... uh..."

The monkey Faunus slowly drift to sleep, which his teammate take notice of.

Neptune: "Hey... wake... up... Sun..."

The blue-haired teammate soon falls asleep next to Sun. Y/N, a little bleary-eyed, turns around to Sun and Neptune's direction.

Y/N: "Hey... you guys... wake up..."

Neptune: "N-No mom... five more... minutes..."

Sun just quietly snores as Port continues the lecture. Y/N then turn his attention to Pyrrha.

Y/N: ("How can she... be fully awake? Does she... sleep more than me?")

He turns over to his notes, trying to write down everything Port is saying. After writing down most of it, a bell begins to ring loudly, waking up most of them. 

Port: "It seems that's all for today. You're dismissed."

Y/N is the first to leave the classroom, trying to jog his way to meet up with Velvet. Back with Pyrrha, she manages to wake up Ruby along with Sun and Neptune, making them exit the classroom. Out in the hall, Ruby and Pyrrha compare notes with Ruby still being a little bleary-eyed. Walking beside them, Sun sigh as he walks with Neptune. 

Sun: "Can't believe that lecture took forever..."

Neptune: "We're temporary transfer students, Sun. Of course, we'll be taking classes like Port's."

Eventually, the four students talk about what their project is going to look like before they went their separate ways.

Pyrrha: "I'll be going to my room to start on the body of our paper. Catch you later, Ruby."

Ruby: "Sure. I'll head back with my team for some after-hours practice."

After that, the two girls part ways. As Pyrrha reach her dorm, she runs into Nora who is also on her way back to their dorm.

Pyrrha: "You've done your work with Blake?"

Nora: "Yep! I can't wait to see Ren. He's making pancakes for us tonight!"

As they walk down the dormitory hall, the two girls overhear some yelling.

Cardin: "What do you mean that's all you got?!"

Pyrrha and Nora peek around the corner to find Cardin pinning Russel to the wall with the rest of their team looking away in fear and stepping back a little. Near Cardin is Y/N who's glaring at him as he continues to pin Russel against the wall. 

Cardin: "I ask you idiots to find a bunch of sources to get for me and this is all you could scrounge up for my paper!"

As he said this, he waves around a few papers he has on his hands before putting it away in his pockets. 

Y/N: "Hey jackass! Did you forget your own teammates have their own project to do? Right?"

He motions to Cardin's teammates who doesn't respond back as Cardin pin him against the wall like Russel. 

Cardin: "You shut the hell up! Why are you even here?"

Y/N: "To see what one of my partners is doing. Heh, turns out like you're doing nothing, as usual."

The bully grit his teeth, groaning as he continues to pin him and Russel with a little more force. Russel is begging Cardin to stop, while Y/N continues to glare at him as Cardin does the same. Nora, of course, wants to step in and stop him but, Pyrrha holds her back.

Pyrrha: Just wait for a minute."

Pyrrha spot Y/N's eyes glancing over them, giving them a quick nod before glaring back at Cardin. The two girls continue to listen on their conversation and picking up tidbits on Cardin's team through Y/N.

Cardin: "You don't tell me what to do, moron."

Y/N: "And you're completely fine in telling people what to do."

Cardin: "The hell does that mean?"

Y/N: "I mean, you've been monopolizing your team's time to only help you with your paper, which is also my and Velvet's paper too."

Cardin: "Tch. So?"

Y/N: "So!? You're eaten their time to work on their own papers. How about quit using your team to do your own work and do it yourself."

Cardin seems to be getting flustered over the whole exchange, his hair being disheveled as he snaps back.

Cardin: "I don't hear that from someone like you!"

Y/N: "Must be satisfying to bully others you think are weaker than you."

Cardin: "I said shut up!"

Y/N: "Make me then."

This is when Pyrrha steps in from behind the corner, glaring down at Cardin, which he, his team, and Y/N turn their heads to see her, much to their surprise. Nora quickly follows behind. 

Y/N: "Pyrrha? Nora?"

Cardin: "The hell do you want? Can't you see that I'm busy?"

Pyrrha: "Cardin, you're a terrible leader..."

Cardin: "What was that?"

Pyrrha: "You heard me. All you do is bully others and use your team like they're your personal waitstaff."

Cardin was taken aback for a moment, somewhat confused, before glaring back at her, hissing at her.

Cardin: "Why do you always stick your nose into my business?"

She replies sharply.

Pyrrha: "Everyone should take issue with what you're doing. I'm more surprised so many people are turning a blind eye to your behavior."

Y/N: "You tell him, Pyrrha!"

Cardin looks back at Y/N, who he's still pinning against the wall.

Cardin: "You shut the hell up!"

 Pyrrha: "Let them go, Cardin or else you want a teacher to see you what you're doing right now."

Reluctantly, Cardin loosen his grip for a moment, giving Y/N the chance to break free and shove Cardin, making the bully let go of Russel as well. Y/N walks up to Pyrrha and Nora before turning around to face Cardin.

Pyrrha: "Are you okay?"

Y/N: "Yeah... his grip wasn't that great anyway."

He then smirks upon seeing Cardin's angry expression.

Y/N: "You do whatever you want so long as there's no teacher around, huh? Pathetic."

Cardin groan in anger at him before Russel, who is still nearby Cardin, replies back to Y/N.

Russel: "You don't get it. The Winchester name carries a lot of political sway in the kingdom and so many people don't interfere on that basis."

Y/N, Pyrrha, and Nora share a look with one another.

Nora: "If that's the case, how is Jaune's blackmail over Cardin has any weight?"

Y/N and Pyrrha ponder over that question until Y/N responds back.

Y/N: "Sounds to me that the Winchester don't have 'that' much political sway."

 As for Cardin, he remains quiet and instead chooses to face Russel and slap him over the head, making him fall to the floor.

Cardin: "Why the hell do you open your big mouth?!" 

Russel quickly cowers behind his teammates as Pyrrha and Y/N jump forward to defend his slapped teammate.

Pyrrha: "Doing nothing but berate and belittle them will only hurt your performance as a team."

Y/N: "Especially if you're just going to use and abuse them for your own benefit."

Glaring at the two, Cardin retorts back.

Cardin: "Oh please! This is the only way to make an effective team. Ruling with an iron fist like generation of Winchester before me has."

Y/N: "Yeah, and yet you wonder why you're just small-time nobles."

Cardin: "Say that to my face, punk!"

Y/N: "If you think you can rule with an iron fist over everyone then you're more of an idiot than I realize."

Once again, the two glare at one another. Pyrrha pauses for a moment, thinking it over until she looks back at Cardin dead in the eye, asking him.

Pyrrha: "Are you willing to put a wager on it?"

Cardin: "Huh?"

Y/N: "Pyrrha?"

The red-haired girl elaborates further.

Pyrrha: "If your team is really so effective as you claim. And with all you've been putting them through, then you and your team will have no problem in defeating me in a 4v1 fight."

Cardin stare at her for a bit before responding.

Cardin: "What's the ante?"

She replies smoothly.

Pyrrha: "If you and your team win, then I'll keep my nose out of your business for now on. But if I win, then you need to put your bias aside and actually work with Velvet and Y/N on making a good paper."

The bully team leader isn't quite sure of the terms she's presenting to him until Pyrrha decides to add something.

Pyrrha: "Well if I lose then, it will be technically my first loss ever and all credit for beating the 'Invincible Girl' will go to your leadership."

Y/N is quite surprised that she would use her title as the "Invincible Girl" as a way to persuade Cardin, considering Pyrrha never really like the title. That's when Nora cuts in.

Nora: "I'm joining too, Pyrrha."

Pyrrha: "Nora?"

Nora: "You know, to make things fair."

Pyrrha: "I'm sorry, Nora but, you can't."

Nora: "What!? Why?"

Pyrrha: "I want to get my point across. That's why it's important for it to be one-on-four match."

Y/N see Cardin is too deep in thought that he misses their small back and forth before finally responding.

Cardin: "Fine. I accept your terms."

Y/N: "You really sure, Cardin?"

Cardin: "Pft. What? Scared that I might hurt her or something?"

Y/N: ("Something tells me he forgot how strong Pyrrha can be. Then again, it's going to be a 4v1 fight.")

As he leaves, his team slowly follow him from behind as their leader is very eager to see Pyrrha in the next sparring class. Nora starts to whine as she tries to follow after Cardin with both Y/N and Pyrrha stopping her.

Nora: "Aww, but I want to break his legs, guys."

Pyrrha: "Come on, Nora. Ren's pancakes aren't going to eat themselves."

Nora: "That's true! Let's go then."

Immediately, Nora start skipping happily to her dorm to meet with Jaune, Ren, and Ren's pancakes. Pyrrha sighs a bit before looking back at Y/N

Pyrrha: "Thanks for making Cardin spill the details on what he's doing with his team."

Y/N: "Eh, no problem. He pretty much done the work for me."

Pyrrha just giggles at this. 

Y/N: "Still, wasn't expecting you to use your title to persuade him."

Pyrrha: "I had to think of something."

The two stay quiet for a moment before Y/N decide to tease her a little.

Y/N: "You say you never had a single loss and yet, I was able to defeat you."

Pyrrha: "That was just sparring. I mean like an actual fight."

Y/N: "I see... regardless, you'll be facing four people during the next sparring class. So, I'm sure you'll do fine."

Pyrrha: "You're not worried?"

Y/N: "Uh... well... maybe a little..."

Pyrrha: "R-R-Really?"

Y/N: "Yeah. So, if you want... we could always train together?"

Pyrrha: "O-Oh..."

The red-haired girl starts to play with her hair a little, blushing a bit.

Pyrrha: "I don't mind..."

Y/N: "Okay... Hey, Pyrrha..."

Pyrrha: "Y-Yes...?"

Y/N: "You don't mind if I tell my team about this wager you made with Cardin?"

Pyrrha: "Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm pretty sure Nora will tell Jaune and Ren about this once we're done eating pancakes."

Y/N: "Okay. See you later."

As Y/N left, Pyrrha sigh to herself, pondering over why she act like that in front of Y/N, feeling pretty embarrassed only to shake it off and head back to her dorm.

(The Next Day)

It's the day of the challenge between Pyrrha and Team CRDL. Inside the locker room are Pyrrha, Y/N, and Jaune.

Jaune: "Pyrrha, you really want to go through with it? Cardin is not exactly a pushover and I still have my trump card on him."

Pyrrha looks back at him with a reassuring smile.

Pyrrha: "I must decline."

Jaune: "But why?"

Y/N: "From what Russel told us, Cardin's family have 'a lot' of political sway, excusing Cardin for his behavior. But I'm not buying it." 

Jaune takes the information and ponder for a moment.

Jaune: "I'm not surprised since I grew up in a similar structure like him."

Y/N: "As an Arc?"

Jaune: "Uh-huh..."

The blonde boy thinks over what kind of sway Cardin's family has.

Jaune: "Regardless, the fact my mutual blackmail with him actually worked must mean his family hold some weight over him."

Pyrrha: "What do you mean?"

Jaune: "Well... considering Cardin's behavior, I'm guessing he isn't on the most stable ice with his family. Something as catastrophic as forgery could be embarrassing enough to warrant cutting him away from their shielding."

Y/N: "Well, when you put it like that. Cardin and his family don't exactly have the best relationship."

Pyrrha is a little uneasy about their remarks before reaffirming herself.

Pyrrha: "Even still, I still want to make an example of him. To show how weak being a bully like him makes people."

Y/N: "Especially if he thinks he can do whatever he wants without any repercussions over his actions."

Jaune: "I appreciate it, you guys."

The three smiles at one another as Y/N let out a small sigh.

Y/N: "Seeing karma slap Cardin in the face might be satisfying to see. You still have to be careful, Pyrrha."

As he said this, Y/N leans in close to Pyrrha, catching her off guard a bit as she tries to hide her blushing face. Y/N continues.

Y/N: "You may be strong, but don't let it go over your head because there's a very slight chance, they can overwhelm you with their numbers."

Pyrrha: "Y-Yes, I-I got it. T-Thanks for the advice."

Y/N pulls away as Jaune is glad that Y/N is giving some form of an advice to support Pyrrha, not noticing the blushing face she was having. After that, they stand there awkwardly, not sure what to say next, until Pyrrha speaks up.

Pyrrha: "Well... wish me luck."

Y/N: "Do your best."

Jaune: "See you later."

As they say their goodbyes, Pyrrha heads inside the locker room, preparing for her sparring match against Team CRDL. 

(Meanwhile)

In an old warehouse far from the city of Vale, the White Fang are moving crates of dust as Emerald and Mercury head inside. As they enter, Roman approach them from behind as he wraps his arms around them in a group hug.

Roman: "Oh, look! She sent the kids again! This is turning out just like the divorce!"

Mercury just gives him a deadpan face as Emerald shiver in disgust.

Emerald:  "Spare us the thought of you procreating."

Emerald and Mercury pull away from Roman's grasp.

Roman: "Hehe, that was a joke. And this..."

The crime boss quickly hold up a piece of paper, showing them.

Roman: "Just might tell me where you two have been all day."

Eyes widen a bit, Emerald looks around herself.

Emerald: "What!? Agh..."

Roman: "I'm a professional, sweetheart. Pay attention, maybe you'll learn something." 

As he said this, Roman look at the piece of paper for a moment before looking back at them.

Roman: "Why do you have this address?"

Emerald: "Wouldn't you like to know?"

Roman: "Yeah, I would. Now where have you two been all day?"

Mercury: "Cleaning up your problems. "

Roman: "I had that under control."

Mercury: "Packed bags and tickets out of Vale said otherwise."

Roman: "What?! Who the hell told you to do this?"

White Fang Lieutenant: "I did."

All eyes fall on the Lieutenant as he approaches them and joining in their conversation.

Roman: "You... what?"

White Fang Lieutenant: "I requested for Tuckson and his associates to be tracked down and killed for aiding turncoats and helping them escape the White Fang. I figure with Blake Belladonna is in the city, she must have had help her escape."

Mercury steps in and adds on. 

Mercury: "I found a number of clues that led me, and Em here find every single member of this 'underground network' they were working on."

Frustrated, Roman glares back at Mercury.

Roman: "So you two tactlessly took down Tuckson's network and probably left some evidence behind."

Emerald: "Your robbery style isn't exactly subtle."

Roman: "Yeah, it may not be subtle, but I don't do anything that isn't absolutely necessary. Anything more and it'll just increases the chances of getting caught."

Mercury: "Well, we didn't so what does that say about you?"

Roman become angry over his remark.

Roman: "Listen, you little punk. If it were up to me, then I would take you and your little street rat friend here and..."

Cinder: "Do what, Roman?"

Cinder appears on a platform above them with Darius, who is pondering to himself, behind her. They step onto an automated lift, riding it down to their level. Upon seeing them, Roman laughs nervously.

Roman: "I'd, uh... not kill them?"

Emerald: "Cinder!"

The excited Emerald goes up to Cinder before Cinder walk pass her nonchalantly as she approaches Roman.

Cinder: "I thought I made it clear that you would eliminate the would-be runaway."

Roman: "I was going to..."

Emerald: "He was going to escape to Vacuo! Mercury and I decided to take it upon ourselves to kill the rat."

Mercury: I think he was some sort of cat, actually.

Emerald: "What? Like a puma?"

Mercury: Yeah, that."

Cinder: "Quiet. Did I not specifically instruct you two to keep your hands clean while in Vale?"

As Cinder speaks, Roman points a finger at the pair, laughing mockingly in agreement behind her back.

Emerald: "I-I just thought..."

Cinder: "Don't think... obey. Okay?"

Roman uses his fingers to mime having a slit throat. Emerald recoils back, stepping back a little.

Emerald: "Yes ma'am. It won't happen again."

Cinder smile at this before turning her attention to Roman.

Cinder: "And as for you."

Roman: "Ah, yes?"

Cinder: "Why wasn't this job done sooner?"

Roman: "Uh... eh?

He points to his right to the crates full of dusts.

Roman: "Eh...?"

He then points to his left over another stack of crates full of dusts before motioning the whole bunch of them behind him.

Roman: "Ehhh! Sorry if I've been busy stealing every speck of dust in the kingdom!"

Mercury: "Wow, you're an inspiration to every punk with a gun and a ski mask." 

Emerald laughs at his remark.

Roman: "Look around, kid. I've got this town running scared! Police camping out at every corner, Dust prices around the kingdom are through the roof, and we're sitting pretty on an old warehouse with more Dust crystals, vials, and rounds than we know what to do with! Speaking of which, if you guys wouldn't mind filling me in on your grand master plan, it might actually make my next string of robberies go a little smoother!"

He emphasizes his last word by clenching his fist. In response, Cinder slowly approaches him, placing her hand on his face.

Cinder: "Oh, Roman. Have a little faith. You'll know what you need when you need to know it." 

Roman seems entranced by her words, but then looks away with a grunt.

White Fang Lieutenant: "What should we do now?"

Cinder: "We're done with dusts."

As she said this, Cinder begins to walk away.

Roman: "Wait, really? O-okay, then what now?

Cinder: "We're moving out."

She looks at the Lieutenant and Darius.

Cinder: "Have the White Fang clear out this building. I'll send you details and coordinates tonight."

White Fang Lieutenant: "Alright."

Roman: "Coordinates?"

Cinder slowly looks back at Roman.

Cinder: "We're proceeding to phase two."

Darius: "You... you can't be serious. I'm not done here, Cinder!"

Cinder just stares at the maskless Darius, becoming frustrated as she just smirk.

Cinder: "Finally partaking in the conversation, huh?"

Darius: "I haven't tracked him down or even killed him yet."

Cinder: "Oh, right. Almost forgot. She gave me a message to you."

Darius's angry expression turn into a surprise one.

Darius: "S-She did? W-What she said?"

Cinder: "You're ordered to not kill him. Use any methods you want to capture him. In the meantime, I'll try to 'get along' and get to know him."

Darius: "W-What... no... she... she wouldn't... I-I thought...?"

Roman: "Uh, who's she?"

Cinder: "None of your concern, Roman."

Roman: "Okay then... what are we going to do with these dusts?"

Cinder examines at the dusts around them as she then looks at both Roman and Lieutenant.

Cinder: "Take the dusts with us. Use some for ammunitions, but not all of them. We'll be needing them."

Cinder, Mercury and Emerald begin to walk away. Roman attempts to light a cigar but realizes Emerald has stolen his lighter. She turns back to face him and sticks her tongue out defiantly.

Roman: "Why that little... ugh!"

Roman then walk off, leaving to get another lighter to steal. Darius and the Lieutenant are now by themselves. The Lieutenant then glances at Darius, who still look stunned over Cinder's remarks.

White Fang Lieutenant: "Time to go, human."

Slowly, Darius follows after him, still pondering on the whole exchange he had with Cinder.

Darius: ("Why would she order me to do that? I thought she want him dead. That's the whole point of us being here. Because he needs to die for what he did, so why...?")

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 146 26
"I will protect them, no matter what, even if it means burning the entire remnant to the ground, i will protect them, this is a promise" "This is My...
98.9K 1.2K 12
Here we are, Vol.2 of my Fanfiction of Rwby, it's been fun but now it's time to proceed with the story. I hope you enjoy this continuation, and hopef...
9.9K 396 37
Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing RWBY Series.) (Discla...
12.5K 345 10
Y/N spends his time wandering around the world of Remnant, inside and outside the four kingdoms. All for the sake of practicing his Grimm slaying ski...