A Leap of Faith (Miles Morale...

By Psycho_Bacon31

Seeing as the new movie came out, I decided make my own story with Miles. Because I know Everyone is going af... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (NEW MOVIE SPOLIERS START HERE ⚠️)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 9

1.8K 67 116
By Psycho_Bacon31

The group of four were standing in front of a house. It was small and homey from the looks of it. But what really caught everyone's eyes was the gifts of Spider-man plushies, candles, and flowers that littered the the front yard.

Peter shot a web out and rung the doorbell. Waiting for Aunt May to come out. Before he began to chicken out not even 5 seconds after.

"We should-We should probably go..." Peter began to back away slowly.

"Peter, we're literally on the doorstep." Gwen said, knowing he can't escape this.

"Bad idea. This is a bad idea!" Peter tried to make a run for it, by Y/n just simply shot out a web, yanking him back.

"Don't be a baby Peter. Just relax." They said as they watched as a shadow came up to the window, before opening the door slowly.

"You guys are all very sweet...but no more fans today please..." a old voice said in melancholy tone, creaking the door open. Only for her to gasp, and swing it up open. Staring at Peter.

"I'm not ready for this..." Peter gritted his teeth awkwardly as Aunt May slowly dropped the bat she held, walking up to Peter.

"Peter...?" She spoke softly, gently placing a hand on Peter's chest with furrowed eyebrows, and glossy eyes.

"Hey Aunt May..." Peter said in sadden tone as Aunt May touched his face in disbelief, "So this is gonna sound crazy, but I'm pretty sure I'm from an-"

"Alternate dimension..." Aunt May finished for him, making everyone stare at her in surprise. So she knows what's going on then?

"Yeah..." Peter mumbled exhaustively

"You look tired Peter..." Aunt May frowned seeing Peter like this. Alternate or not...

"Well I am tired..." Peter chuckles

"And older. And- Thicker!" Aunt May said, looking down at his gut, making Y/n hold back a grin. Peter was in denial, but he's been humbled so many times today. And not just by Y/n.

"Yeah. I've heard that already." Peter scoffed, giving Y/n a side glare.

"Oh Jeez- Are those sweatpants?!" Aunt May made a repulsed face at the sight of Peter wearing sweatpants. It was not a good look with the Spider-Suit...

"Yup. That's what they are..." Gwen confirmed, staring at Peter's sweatpants with a little amused smile.

"We were there...When it all happened..." Miles told Aunt May, looking at Y/n, then back to her.

"I am so sorry...both of us are..." Y/n added in with empathetic look, as Aunt May just smiled kindly at the two teens.

"And what dimension are you two from?" She asked

"Brooklyn." Miles responded before taking out the override key, handing it to Y/n.

"Did Peter have a place where we could make another one of these?" Y/n asked, showing Aunt May the broken key, handing it to her.

"A goober..." Aunt May then got a sudden serious look on her face, "Follow me."

Leading through her house, she kicked opened the back door, to the backyard. There lied a simple looking shed, and May marched to it.

"Oh yeah. I got one of these too. A little old shed where I keep my Spider-gear." Peter shrugged as if the shed was nothing special. That was before Aunt May pulled out a key and the shed glowed, and opened. Revealing an elevator. She turned, a gave a smirk, nodding the group to hop in.

"You were saying Peter?" Y/n smirked as they strode into the elevator. Peter just rolled his eyes and walked in.

"I mean this place is pretentious..." Peter mumbled in a jealous tone as the doors closed, and the elevator went down. Y/n widen their eyes in awe at the sight of the many vehicles and tech around them. They couldn't help but smile and buzz with excitement.

"Dude, was yours anything like this?" Miles asked Peter, as he too was in awe of the place.

"Mine was like this, but take away the jeep, the plane. Imagine it WAY smaller. Imagine a futon....I feel sad for this guy." Peter said, painfully obvious that he was definitely jealous.

"Oh my god-oh my god-oh my god!! Look at all this tech!! Can you imagine the stuff you could build from this?! Eeee!! And this!! Ohhohoho I have so many ideas!!" Y/n freaked out, looking at the computers with glistening eyes, waving their hands around as they point out all the tech.

"Didn't take you for a tech type?" Gwen smirked playfully, and Y/n quickly coughed in embarrassment, standing up straight.

"Well. Most people don't see the real me. But in truth I am a very big nerd for building my own things, like I did with this suit!" Y/n pointed out, "I just don't have a lot of materials to build with..."

"Well, maybe I'll let you borrow some of Peter's old things." Aunt May chuckled, and Y/n smiled so wide that it hurt.

"Hey Peter..." Miles whispered, making Y/n perk up, as well as Peter as he looked over at Miles.

"I think this is a cape." Miles smirked smugly, making Peter shake his head with soft laugh.

"Peter knew how dangerous the job was...but he figured the only one who could stop this guy...was Spider-Man...." Aunt May sighed, looking at the chart of Kingpin and his minions.

"Kingpin knows we're coming..." Miles said, staring dead into the Kingpin's photo.

"We're going to be outnumbered..." Y/n hummed to themself, brows furrowed in thought.

"Don't be so sure. You might need these." Aunt May smirked as she held out four name tags for the group. Suddenly, Miles, Peter, and Gwen looked around swiftly, as Y/n watched with confusion.

Before they looked up and gasped at the sight of more Spider-People hanging above.

"You think you're the only people who thought to come here?" May said

Y/n squinted at the new Spider-People, one being in complete black and...wind flowing through his detective coat.

"Hey fellas." He tipped his hat, his voice sounded deep, but kind of polite. Or maybe just old timey...?

"Hey....?" Y/n waved awkwardly to him

"Is he in black and white...??" Miles asked more to himself as he stood closer to Y/n.

"Where's that wind coming from? We're in a basement??" Peter said, looking at his flowing coat. There was no scientific explanation for that...

"Wherever I go...the wind follows...and the wind...smells like rain." Spider-Noir replied dramatically.

"Wow. How poetic." Y/n hummed, before hearing child's voice speak in high speed pace.

"Hi guys!!" The girl smiled sweetly, speaking something in either Japanese or Korean, as she jumped from a robot and posed. Before doing some extra moves by kicking her legs, the robot following and copying her moves.

"Huh, someone your age fighting? You know what, I can respect that. It's pretty hardcore." Y/n smiled, crossing their arms with an impressed look.

"Really?! Thanks!!" Peni smiled back as she bowed her head slightly, the robot smiling on its screen as well.

"This could literally not get any weirder..." Peter groaned, getting weirded it out.

"It can get weirder!! I just washed my hand that's why they're wet!! No other reason..." A small cartoon Pig said, offering a wet hand out for Y/n to shake.

"I'll pass dude..." Y/n smiled awkwardly, moving away from his hand.

Suddenly, all the spider-people had a tingly sense all over again. Staring at each other. Well. Again. Besides Y/n as they just sort of...Stood next to May.

"You're like me..." They all simultaneously said in awe, and in shock.

'Damn I'm really over here being a- 8th wheel.' Y/n laughed to themself. In reality, they don't actually care that much. It's just funny to watch their faces drop in shock.

My Name is Peter Parker...

My name is Peni Parker!!

My name is Peter Porker.

I was bitten by a radioactive spider- Pig!!

In my Universe, it's 1933, and I'm a privateer. I like to drink egg creams and fight Nazis....a lot.

I'm from New York in the year 3145! I have a psychic link with a Spider who lives inside my father's robot. And we're best friends forever!!

Sometimes I let matches burn down to my fingertips just feel something! Anything!!

I'm a photographer for the daily Digo!! When I'm not poaching around, I'm working like a dog trying to sniff out the latest story!

I frolic and I dance! And I do this with my pants-

"Ok enough!" Peter quit Spider-Ham before he could continue with on with nonsense.

"So uh, how'd you all get here?" Y/n asked, finally speaking up and Spider-Noir turned to them.

"Well, It's kind of long story..."

Actually the stories were practically the same, and really not at all that long.

"Maybe not that long."

"Now, we're just trying to get home..." Peni said, almost in a sad tone. Understandably so, if you were somewhere unfamiliar, you'd want to go home to. Or at least somewhere you consider safe.

"The only way home is back through that collider gizmo." Noir stated, "The only trouble is-"

"One of us has to stay behind and destroy it." Spider-Ham finished Noir's sentence.

"I'll do it." All of them said, but Y/n and Miles shook their heads no.

"You guys don't get it." Y/n started with a frown.

"Don't get what-" Before Peni could get her answer, she and the others began to glitch out painfully.

"If any of you stay behind, you'll die a agonizing death of your atoms burning up slowly and becoming nothing but disintegrated leftovers." Y/n continued on, helping them stand back up.

"Y/n's right...We're the ones who needs to turn it off. And we're gonna get you all home before we destroy it." Miles said, determined to set things right.

"We made a promise." Y/n smiled, holding their hand out for Miles as he took it confidently.

"And we're gonna keep it." Miles finished his little mini speech moment, nervously caressing his thumb over Y/n's hand as everyone went silent.

"Who are you two again?" Noir asked, "And are they even a Spider-Person." He asked, pointing at Y/n, as they rolled their eyes.

"This is Miles and Y/n!! And They're gonna save the multiverse!" Peter believed as he walked up to two, making them release their hands.

"This kid can turn invisible! Watch this! He can do it...now!" Peter encouraged for Miles to go ahead and try. Miles grunted but, he couldn't do it.

"I Can't do it on command."

"He can't do it on command! But it is cool! Show them the zappy thing Miles!" Peter tried again, but was beginning to get worried. Miles tried again, still with no luck.

"can't do it on command."

"Can't do it on command! But he can do so much more! Like what? What else can you do?" Peter struggled

"Just those two things." Miles said in disappointment with himself, Making Y/n frown.

"Just those two things!! But- uh- Y/n!!" Peter moved onto them, "They built this suit all on their own!! Been studying web fluids and other spider abilities since they were 11!! Show them kid!!"

Y/n froze as their gazes went on them and nervously aimed their shooter somewhere, trying to shoot out some webs but uh...only a little bit came out. Splatting onto the ground.

"Shit...I must have ran out...or did it get jammed again??" Y/n mumbled as they looked at their empty shooter. Safe to say...the others weren't impressed.

"Look, I've seen them in action. They both got...potential. I think they're gonna get us home." Gwen tried to help out, making the two embarrassed teens grateful.

"Ok little fellas, Kingpin's gonna send out a lot of mugs after ya and I'm talking hard boys! Real biscuit boxers!! Can you fight them all off at once?!" Noir suddenly questioned, putting his fists up.

"I've taken down multiple people at my past school...Bring it on." Y/n glared, getting into a fighting position. While Miles stood there confused on what was happening.

"W-well...I haven't actually fought anyone..." Miles replied, trying to copy Y/n's position.

"SURPRISE ATTACK!!" Noir tripped Miles, and tried to kick Y/n in the legs as well. But Y/n jumped over him, and did a back handspring, kicking Noir in the head.

"How's that for a little fella?" Y/n smirked, rubbing their nose off with their thumb.

"Not bad." Noir nodded, impressed.

Y/n walked back over to Miles, and offered a hand to him, but before he could take it, Peni began to speak.

"Can you rewire a mainframe while being shot at?" She asked sassily as she threw a mainframe at the two.

"Excuse me? What?" Y/n asked dumbfounded, and this time couldn't dodge a hit by Noir with another surprise attack.

Y/n was sent on their back, groaning painfully as Noir busted their nose. Miles looked at them in panic as their nose bled out a lot. But to his surprise, Y/n got back up, their eyes hardened in focus.

"Can you swing and flip with a grace of a dancer?" Gwen joined in with the pestering, specifically targeting Miles.

"Can you close off your feelings so you don't get crippled by the moral ambiguity of your violent actions?!" Noir asked.

"Can you help you aunt create a online dating program so she could get out of the dang house once in a while??" Aunt May asked, which was random...

"Can you float through the air when you smell a delicious pie?!" Spider-Ham demonstrated...and was..even more random.

"Can you be strong?"

"Ruthless!!"

"Disciplined?!"

These questions were beginning to get overwhelming...for both Miles and Y/n. They kept firing them without end, while also sending out attacks. Y/n dodged most, though some hits were taken, but they were mainly getting frustrated from all the talking. It was messing with their head.

And poor Miles was just....getting his ass beat to put īt simply...

"Above all, no matter how many times you get hit, can you get back up?" Gwen asked, pulling up Y/n and Miles.

Both them were continuously being smacked down or slammed. Y/n struggle to stay calm as they blindly attacked, which worked in some ways. But it wasn't enough to keep their defenses up.

'It's too loud...I can't...I can't breathe...it hurts...'
Y/n panicked as their ears rung from all the commotion. The same feeling of pressure was pressed against their back hitting them with unforgettable memories of the crash. Only this time..it was their mind and anxiety playing tricks on them...

"Come one Miles, Y/n! Get up!! You can do this!!" The others continued to yell. Trying to encourage. But in truth they're only making things worse for both Miles and Y/n.

'Get up. Get up. You'll die!! They'll die!! Get up, get up, get up!!' Y/n shakily began to get up, despite the pit of fear that built up in their stomach. Y/n got up.

But Miles stayed down...

The others were clearly disappointed as they walked away to huddle up in a group to talk amongst themselves. Where Miles and Y/n could clearly hear them.

"You need to be more honest with yourself about this...they're not ready, it's obvious...." Gwen whispered making the two teens frown.

"What about Y/n? They seem capable?" Peni suggested but Peter fired that down.

"Y/n was practically panicking and blindly attacking the whole time...and that behavior won't work in this situation...."he said, almost like he was afraid.

"They're looking right at us while we're talking about them..." Noir mentioned, making everyone look at the furious, bloody nosed Y/n. Before they turned around to notice Miles was gone, and the elevator headed it upwards.

"Miles!!" Y/n called out for him, worried about his wellbeing.

"See that? He can uh...turn invisible..." Peter tried to lighten the mood. But it really didn't work as Miles left completely. Y/n clenched their fist angrily.

"What the hell is wrong with you all?!" Y/n hissed, turning around with gritted teeth.

"Hey wow- No need to get feisty now-" Noir tried to calm them down, but one look from them and he immediately put his hands up In defense.

"Y/n, you have to accept the truth...you guys aren't ready-"

"Oh yeah Peter? Then what was that early?! Filling Miles and I up with false fucking hope?! You said you believed in us!! But you're nothing but a no good liar!!" Y/n interrupted him.

"Y/n, you need to calm down please..." Gwen tried to reach out for Y/n, but Y/n grasped her hand, tightening around it.

"Don't fucking touch me Gwen." Y/n warned, throwing Gwen's hand away, as everyone backed away from them.

"You're liar too..." Y/n glared at the saddened Gwen. Y/n knows they're being irrational. But they're just sick. Sick of being fed lies. Sick of believing the lies. and sick of having those you look up to disappoint you over and over again...

"We didn't lie...We both believed you had it in you but that was before we saw how you guys handled pressure...and it just isn't safe for you two!!" Peter tried to explain, but Y/n scoffed.

"Why do you care all of a sudden?! The first time we met you all you wanted was to go home!! And let us die! So why Peter?! Why do you care?!" Y/n poked him in the chest.

"Y/n, you're being irrational." Peter tried to reason, but Y/n ignored him.

"No!! Tell me right now Peter!! Why do you care?!"

"BECAUSE I CANT LOSE YOU AGAIN OK?!" Peter snapped, huffing as his body shook. Y/n then stopped.

"What...?" Y/n furrowed their brows.

"Everyone...let's give them a minute..." Aunt May said, as she began leading the others out of the shed. Gwen looked at Y/n with a frown, before joining the others.

Now it was Just Y/n and Peter.

"What do you mean you can't lose me again?" Y/n asked in demanding tone, making Peter sigh.

"I had a Y/n in my universe...just like you. Smart, sarcastic, severe anger issues, but in a way caring....they were only a small child..." Peter began with a shaky breathe, "I thought they were such a nuisance...only reason I kept them around was because they kept threatening to reveal my identity to everyone. The only way they wouldn't is if I gave them a place to stay...and food to eat..." he chuckled

Y/n was quiet. Slowly their anger was lowering as curiosity now appeared in their mind.

"But...over the course of time...I grew fond of them...it was like having a younger, annoying sibling..." Peter then frowned, "But it all came to end so fast...a villain in my world released a deadly disease...one that my dimension's Y/n contracted....I had the antiserum right in my hands! I could have saved them...but they refused. They wanted me to save everyone else in the city...I could have not listened...but they begged me to do the right thing..."

"And...what happened to me...?" Y/n asked softly, now sort of seeing Peter's point of view. Peter looked at Y/n, nothing but hurt in his eyes.

"They died...right in front of me...and I never forgot their smile as their heart went silent...and the flat-line sound that rung in my ears...." Peter let a few tears slip from his tired eyes, "They're one of the main reasons I...I couldn't bare the thought of having kids of my own with my MJ...because I was afraid to lose them like I lost you..."

Y/n was completely silent. Then didn't know what to say. At all. They felt terrible now for snapping.

"Y/n...this job requires sacrifices...you can't save everyone...You and Miles are still just kids..." Peter lightly ruffled Y/n's hair, "Whether you like it or not...you have to accept it...but that doesn't mean you can't improve on yourself...So please, just let us do this...you'll get your moment one day."

Peter than left Y/n to think, leaving up the elevator as Y/n watched him go.  Y/n looked at their hands, sighing.

"Improve on myself....?"
———————————————————————————
OK I KNOW I SAID I WOULD BE GONE BUT I COULDNT RESIST. BUT HEY AT LEAST YOU GOT A LONGER CHAPTER RIGHT??

I have to make this short cuz I gotta get up SUPER early and it's like- 12 am now.

So I hope you enjoyed the chapter!!

Hope it made you cry!!

Anyways-Have a good day/night!! Until next chapter!! BYEEEEEEEEEEEE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.4K 904 13
All right lets do this one more time. Hi my name is Y/n Parker I was bitten by a radioactive spider and for 1 year I've been the one and only Spider...
94.3K 1.3K 44
Marked complete. On break until further notice. a preference and one shots book based off of spider-man:across the spiderverse, although there will...
97.4K 2.4K 26
Okay, let's start this from the top one last time. My name is (y/n) (l/n), and I am, the one and only Spider Woman. Or so I thought. #1 in #peterbpa...
15.3K 484 30
[ʏ/ɴ] [ʟᴀsᴛ ɴᴀᴍᴇ], ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʙᴀʟᴛ sᴘɪᴅᴇʀ ɢᴏᴇs ᴛᴏ sᴀᴠᴇ ᴅɪᴍᴇɴsɪᴏɴ 1610 sᴘɪᴅᴇʀᴍᴀɴ. ᴍᴀʟᴇ![ʏ/ɴ] ᴛʜɪs ᴡɪʟʟ ɪɴᴄʟᴜᴅᴇ sᴘᴏɪʟᴇʀs ғᴏʀ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴄʀᴏss ᴛʜᴇ sᴘɪᴅᴇʀᴠᴇʀs...