training under eteri

By kseniialebedevaa

in 2012, anastasia pankova joins the infamous team tutberidze. her dream of becoming an olympic figure skater... More

over view
before moving
training
the first day
pt .1 junior season- 2017
pt.2. junior season- 2017
2 weeks
disappointed
when one girl leaves, the next comes
jgp final
.13 points

program

368 6 0
By kseniialebedevaa

time jump- may 31st, 2012

today is my last day training with team tutberidze . in the last month, my triple jumps have become 100 times better, and the same with my double axel. we also started to work on triple axels on the harness. i haven't been able to land any on the fishing pole, but i will keep trying.

we ran our long and short programs the entire practice, which is exhausting.
at the end, everyone was practically falling asleep on the ice.

once it hit 17.00pm (5.00pm) i was very sad, because i knew i most likely wouldn't be coming back.
at the end of practice, i thank all the coaches and give them all flowers and a card. i was so grateful to be there and have such an experience.
i walked back to the locker room with tears in my eyes.
there was no one in there, which was confusing cause practice ended only 5 minutes ago.
once i got to my cubby i notice balloons, tissue boxes, a sign, flowers and cards.
the sign reads:
" поздравляем анастасию!"
( congrats anastasia!)
i pick up the card and start to read it,
"....."
my mom walks in halfway through reading the card to see if i was okay.
" nastya? are you okay?" she asks.
i continue reading it, not stoping to respond to her question.

once i was done reading, i handed it over to my mom for her to read it.

" Уважаемая Анастасия Панкова, Этери Тутберидзе, Даниил Глейхенгауз, Сергей Дудаков и Российская Федерация Фигурного Катания приняли во внимание ваши последние тренировки и прогресс бы предложить вам, Анастасия Панкова, место в команде Тутберидзе на следующие годы, с 2012 по 2016, а затем на сезон 2017-2018. Федерация также хотела бы оплатить Ваши расходы на тренировки и соревнования во время Вашего пребывания в команде Тутберидзе. Поздравляем. Желаем только самого лучшего,
С уважением,
Этери Тутберидзе,
Даниил Глейхенгауз,
Сергей Дудаков,
и
Федерация фигурного катания на коньках России"

( Dear Anastasia Pankova, Eteri Tutberidze, Daniil Gleikhengauz, Sergei Dudakov and the Russian Figure Skating Federation have taken your recent training and progress into consideration and would like to offer you, Anastasia Pankova, a place on Team Tutberidze for the following years, from 2012 to 2016 and then for the 2017-2018 season. The Federation would also like to pay your training and competition expenses during your time with Team Tutberidze. Congratulations. We wish only the best for you,

Sincerely,
Eteri Tutberidze
Daniil Gleikhengauz
Sergei Dudakov
The Russian Figure Skating Federation)

" good job sweetie! this is so exciting!" my mom says, and gives me a big hug.

i grab the letter, and my mom grabs the flowers. we open the door, to leave the changing room, and see the girls standing outside the door.

" молодец! мы так рады за вас!" yulia says.
( good job! we are so happy for you!)

i thank all of them, and give them hugs.

" вы счастливы остаться?" polina asks.
( are you happy to stay)

"да, просто немного нервничаю." i respond.
( yes, just a little nervous)

"не нервничайте, будьте рядом!" polina responds.
( don't be nervous, we'll be there for you!)

we all continue talking until our parents tell us its time to go.

my mom and i walk to the train station, and head home.
we get back to the apartment at 19.00pm ( 7.00pm).
once we get home, mom runs me a bath with salts, to help my muscles.
today was a sunday, which means tomorrow, monday, is my day off.

i get into the bath, and relax.
after about 30 minutes, i get out, and go into the kitchen where my mom is usually cooking. tonight she cooked chicken with steamed vegetables, and milk, to keep my muscles super strong.
during dinner, we talked about program ideas, and dress colors, and everything figure skating. after we finished dinner, my mom gave me her phone so i could call my dad. my parents won't let me get my own phone because i'm " too young", but i have an ipad!

i told my dad the good news, and he was very excited for me! he told me about how he plans on coming down next month and spending two weeks with mom and i in russia! i really missed him, and he missed me.
we talked for around 30 minutes, but when it's night in russia, it's day in the us, so he had to get back to work.
my mom and i said goodnight, and told him we loved him, and hung up.
it was now 21.00pm (9pm), 30 minutes past my bed time.
i went to my room and put my pjs on, and grabbed my stuffed animal.
i then brushed my teeth and went to bed.

the next morning, mom woke me up at 7.00 am for school. because i train 6 days a week, i can only do school 3 days out of the week. on monday's, i go to school and also on wednesday and friday. on wednesday and friday, we all get a break of two hours at the rink, and have in person lessons with our tutors. after the lesson is over, we go back on the ice.
the school i go to is very close, being only a 5 minute train ride, and 4 minute walk after.
in russian schools you must dress presentable, or dress in a uniform. on monday's, i normally wear a dress that my mom picked out, and other accessories with it.

mom made me a quick egg breakfast, while i grabbed all of my stuff, and we ran out the door together.

we hop on the metro, and get to my school in 9 minutes.

my lesson starts at 8.00am, sharp. we got to the school at 7.56am, so we had to run.

my lessons are from 8.00am-18.00pm(6.00pm).

today we worked on math, writing, geography, and science.

....
time jump: tuesday, june 2nd, 2016

this morning we got to sambo-70 at 7.30 am. from 7.30-7.50am i warm up off ice. mom makes me pratice my triples, and my triple axel.

once it hits 7.50, i go to the changing room and get my skates on with the rest of the girls.

sasha and i walk into the rink together holding our teddys, and water.

we get on the ice, and start to do the warm up with the rest of the girls. we finish 30 minutes later, and moved onto jumps. before i could start, i heard gleik call my name and then i skated over to the boards where the coaches sit.

" доброе утро, настя. мы хотим начать работать над новыми программами для вас. Мы подобрали музыку, и вы можете помочь с костюмами." gleik says.
( good morning, nastia. we want to start working on new programs for you. We've picked up the music and you can help with the costumes)

" для вас короткая программа, которую мы выбрали, «Колыбельная из лабиринта Фавна», а для вас длинная, "el tango de roxanne". Знаете ли вы какие-либо песни?" dudakov says.
(  for you, the short program we have chosen, " Pan's Labyrinth lullaby", and for you, the long one, "El Tango de Roxanne". do you know either songs?)

" нет" i respond.
( no.)

" Что ж, мы думаем, что вы им очень подойдете!" dudakov responds.
( well, we think you'll suit them very well!)

first they play my short music,

1.05-2.45seconds ( 2 minutes 50 seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JktNRlNTfMs

then my long program music,

0.21-2.26 skip to 3.07-4.32 (3 minutes 30 seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=motBfWl7QIQ

"Как ты думаешь?" eteri asks.
( what do you think?)

"Они мне очень нравятся!" i respond.
( i really like them!)

" хороший! сегодня мы приступим к постановке короткометражки." gleik says.
(good! today we will start choreographing the short.)

i follow gleik to the middle, where eteri plays the music. he gets a feel of where everything should go.

.....

by the end of practice 17.00pm (5.00pm), we had gotten through most of the program, but still had a little left.

" хорошая работа сегодня. что ж, закончите его завтра и начните долго после этого." gleik says.
( good job today. well, finish it tomorrow and start long after that.)
i meet up with sasha while walking to the rink to change.

" это была твоя музыка, настя?" sasha asks.
( is that your music, nastia?)

" Да!" i repsond.
( yes)

" Обожаю песни!" sasha says.
( i love it!)

" и я тоже! получаете ли вы новые программы на этот сезон?" i ask.
( me too! are you getting new programs for this season?)

" нет, я хочу!" sasha responds.
( no, i wish!)

we walk into the  changing room, and talk with all the girls.

......

next chapter will be anastasia's first junior grand prix, as well as sasha's!

i hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

614K 14.1K 72
"You already are the person I want you to be. I see so much more in you that you won't allow yourself to see." Lainey is on her way to her first an...
10.2K 545 24
(Y/n) (L/n) has a charmed life, by all definitions. With a 3rd-degree black belt in Taekwondo and an image that's rising to fame, it would seem to an...
79.9K 1.6K 83
*editing* Anastasia Russo sounds like your basic girl but what nobody actually knows what happens behind the closed doors. For as long as she remembe...
92.2K 3K 20
➯ ❝ 𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙮𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙤 ~ ❞ ❝ 𝙞 𝙖𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙤 𝙗𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙥𝙞𝙙 𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙚! ❞ ---𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃 y/n is japan's...