RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.2) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the second volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fi... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 11

467 14 3
By ZANE_555

When Y/N isn't talking to his friend group and team, he sometimes hangs out with Team CVFY in their dorm. When the team of seniors and Y/N aren't busy, they would usually talk about their classes, weapon modifications, and just casual stuff. Y/N head to Team CVFY's dorm, knocking on their dorm. The one who answers the door is Yatsu.

Yatsu: "Ah, Y/N. Come inside, I'll make some tea."

Y/N: "Thank you." 

As Y/N head inside the dorm, he spots Fox, sitting on the floor as he's fixing his weapons. Fox quickly notices his presence.

Fox: "Oh, hey Y/N. Nice to see you here."

Y/N: "Yeah. Uhm... where's Coco and Velvet?"

Fox: "They went out shopping for stuff. Velvet is probably going to look for dust and Coco is looking for weapon tools for us to use."

Y/N: "I see..."

He turns around to see Yatsu with a tray that has a few cups and a teapot on top. 

Yatsu: "Please, sit down."

Y/N and Yatsu sit on the floor while Yatsu begin to meditate in front of them. 

Yatsu: "Time for our daily meditation, you two."

Fox: "I know, I know."

Y/N: "Okay."

The three then start meditating in complete silence for several minutes before Fox and Y/N stop. Yatsu, however, continues, telling them they can chat if they want to. Y/N and Fox talks about how Fox partake in meditation with Yatsu and when their team aren't busy, they would always do this. That's when they hear a knock on the door, which doesn't disturb the meditating Yatsu, much to Y/N's surprise. Fox goes to answer the door, revealing it to be Ruby.

Fox: "Ruby?"

Y/N: "What are you doing here?"

Ruby: "Oh, I came to see you, Y/N. Jaune and Ren told me where you went."

Y/N: "Okay, what brings you here?"

Ruby starts placing two fingers together before responding.

Ruby: "I... uh, I want to go to the local bakery so... you want to join me?"

Y/N was a bit surprised by this but quickly shakes it off to reply back.

Y/N: "Sure, I'll join."

He looks back at his two upperclassmen.

Y/N: "Sorry. I have to go now."

Fox places a hand on his shoulder.

Fox: "Don't sweat it. I'll be tuning my weapon and Yatsu is well, you know, meditating."

Y/N then goes with Ruby, who is very excited to go with him. Y/N decide to tease her a little as a mischievous smile form on his face.

Y/N: "Ruby, if I'm going with you to the bakery, then I want something in return."

Ruby was taken aback by his remark as her face begin to turn red.

Ruby: "W-What do you want me to do?"

Seeing her expression, Y/N can't help but think how cute she's being so, he goes to tease her a little more.

Y/N: "You think I have a chance to ask you?"

After hearing that, Ruby's face immediately turns the color of her cloak.

Ruby: "I... well... I, uhm... ask me, what?"

Y/N: "To help me tune my weapons."

Ruby's eyes widen before she begins to pout, banging on his chest with her fists.

Ruby: "Y-You jerk! Don't tease me like that!"

Y/N just chuckles, unfazed by her fists.

Y/N: "I'm sorry. I had to do it."

The team leader looks away, crossing her arms while still pouting.

Ruby: "Geez, you've been spending too much time with Yang."

Y/N: "Look, I'm sorry, Rubes. How about we buy some cookies at the bakery? My treat."

Ruby pauses for a moment before looking back at Y/N.

Ruby: "You promise?"

Y/N: "Definitely."

The red-hooded girl ponders over his offer before finally answering back.

Ruby: "Okay. If you do, then I'll forgive you."

Y/N: "Okay."

 (A Little Timeskip)

After traveling around Vale, Ruby and Y/N manage to reach the local bakery. As they head inside, they're hit with the smell of bread and cookies. Not a second later, Ruby speed around the place, specifically the glass display cases that made up the counter, looking for what cookie she wants. Y/N does the same but not to the same extent as the excited Ruby. 

Cashier: "Uhm, if she's with you, sir?"

Y/N: "Yes. Hey Rubes. See anything you want?"

After some dashing around, Ruby finally comes to a conclusion.

Ruby: "I want the half-dozen standard chocolate chip cookies, please."

Cashier: "Coming right up!"

As the cashier collect the cookies into a bag, Y/N glances back at Ruby. 

Y/N: "Uh... Rubes, those are a bit pricey."

The team leader just smiles at him.

Ruby: "You promise I would pick any cookie I want. So, I pick those and no take back."

Y/N: "I did say that, yeah." ("Well, there goes a chunk of my liens.")

Patting him on the back, Ruby comments back. 

Ruby: "Don't worry. I'm willing to share it with you."

As soon as the cashier hand over the cookies to Ruby, she quickly takes it out of the cashier's hands and dash out of the bakery. After Y/N pay for the cookies and goes outside, he quickly takes the bag of cookies from Ruby's hands.

Ruby: "H-Hey!"

Y/N: "If we're going to eat, we'll eat at my room. You still need to tune my weapons, remember?"

Ruby pouts a little before sighing.

Ruby: "Okay. So, what do you want to me to fix?"

The two students head back to Beacon as Y/N explain what he need fixing in his weapons.

(Several Minutes Later)

Ruby is sitting at Y/N's small table, doing the last touches of Y/N's gauntlets after finishing his Crimson and Violet. Y/N is reading a book on his bed with the bag of cookies next to him. Suddenly, Ruby stretches out her arms, leaning back on her seat.

Ruby: "I've finished!"

Y/N: "Good job, Rubes. Here's your reward."

He then goes to hand the bag of cookies to her as she quickly grabs it and proceeds to eat a well-sized cookie. 

Ruby: "So delicious~"

As she eats her cookie, Y/N goes to put away his weapons and packing up Ruby's toolset. What caught his attention is a small tattered red cape in it, his eyes slowly widen upon seeing this.

Y/N: ("A red cape?")

As he holds it, Y/N turn his head to look at Ruby.

Y/N: "Hey, Rubes? What's this?"

Ruby turns her attention to Y/N as she sees what he's holding in his hand.

Ruby: "Oh, it's my old cape. I guess I forgot to put it away."

She giggles in embarrassment as Y/N goes to sit next to Ruby on his bed.

Y/N: "You wore this before?"

Ruby: "Yeah. My mom gave it to me when I was very young."

Y/N: "Oh... I see."

From what he can recall from Yang, their mom who supposedly die on a Huntsman mission. Y/N immediately recoils back as he comments.

Y/N: "I-I'm sorry for bringing it up."

Ruby: "N-No, it's fine. I'm sure Yang told you about our mom, huh?"

Y/N: "Her name was Summer, right?"

Ruby nods before continuing. 

Ruby: "From what I can remember and what Yang told me, Mom was the best mother, like ever. One time, when Yang and I were playing out in the wood during a hiking trip, until a Beowolf show up and attack us. While Yang tries to protect me and shouting for help, I cover myself with my old cape."

Y/N: "Why?"

Ruby: "Because Mom once told me that if I wear this, then I'll be safe no matter what happens. To keep the evil monsters away she said. I honestly thought it would work."

Y/N: "So, what happened?"

Ruby: "I was expecting to die from that Grimm but, then nothing happened. It wasn't until my mom pull out of my hood, all with a big smile on her face and holding her scythe with a dead Grimm behind her. All while reassuring me that I'm okay now."

Ruby slowly leans back with her arms holding her in place.

Ruby: "Since then, I wanted to be like my mom."

Y/N: "A hero?"

Ruby: "Pretty much. She's one of the reasons I want to become a Huntress. That and the storybooks she and Yang read to me."

Y/N glance at his team leader, seeing her trying to wipe the tiny tears of her face. He ponders what to do with his teary-eyed team leader so, he decides to place her head on his shoulder as he pat her on the head, much to her surprise.

Ruby: "Y-Y/N?"

Y/N: "It's okay, Ruby. You don't have to hold back... I'm here..."

Ruby looks at him before she slowly starts crying quietly on his shoulder as he continues to pat her on the head. After a few minutes of crying, Ruby slowly calms down, her tears wiped off her face as she starts eating her cookies. She even hand one to Y/N, much to his surprise.

Y/N: "For me?"

Wordlessly, Ruby slowly nods to him, waiting for him to take it, which he gladly does. Glancing at her with a smirk, Y/N comments.

Y/N: "I also heard from Yang that your mom is the reason you're such a cookie-lover. Being a baker and all."

This gets a weak giggle out of the red-hooded girl. The two eat their cookies in silence before Y/N break the silence in a few moments. 

Y/N: "The thing is Ruby, I really admired heroes."

His remark catches the team leader's attention as she turns her gaze to him. 

Ruby: "You do?"

Y/N: "I... I used to when I was very young. Heh... I was such a dumb... stupid kid back then."

Ruby: "Hey, don't say that."

Y/N: "It's true, though."

The two went silent for a bit before Ruby continues speaking.

Ruby: "So... what changed?"

Y/N: "A... A lot of things..."

Ruby places a hand on his shoulder, looking at him with some concern.

Ruby: "You can tell me about it... if you want..."

Y/N pauses for a moment before sighing deeply. 

Y/N: "I went to Signal Academy... just like you, Ruby..."

Ruby: "Really?"

Y/N: "Mm-hm. During sparring class, I had this sparring partner... he was a kind person... dreamed of becoming a huntsman to help his hometown... but... because of me... he..."

Y/N couldn't continue speaking, going quiet. In response, Ruby gently places a hand on the side of his face, giving him a warm smile.

Ruby: "It's okay..."

Y/N let out a long sigh before resuming. 

Y/N: "We spar during our match at class. He told me that he wanted to fight me at my best. And... one thing led to another... he ended up crippled... because of me."

Ruby: "That crippling incident... that was you?"

Y/N slowly nod to her.

Y/N: "So you heard of it?"

Ruby: "Yeah, people were talking about it for a week or two only for it to die down."

Attempting to lighten the mood, Y/N goes to explain further with a smile and a lighthearted tone in his voice. 

Y/N: "Well, don't worry. In exchange of me attending Beacon, Ozpin would use his connection to give him a full treatment. Maybe he's out there, still attending Signal good as new. "

Ruby: "Oh, wow. That's a relief... so, why did you tell me about this?"

Y/N: "Well, you told me a story and it's only fair I tell you one as well. And... my sparring partner admires heroes and thought he and I can be ones."

Ruby: "What did you told him?"

Y/N: "That he was being... silly. That I wouldn't be one with him."

Ruby: "I... see."

He looks over to Ruby before continuing on.

Y/N: "But hey, don't sweat it. I'm sure you'll have what it takes to be a hero like your mom and those fairy tales."

Ruby: "You really think so?"

Y/N: "Yeah. Don't let me keep you down in achieving that."

Ruby ponders for a moment, placing her fingers on her chin before looking back at Y/N.

Ruby: "Okay... what kind of hero you think I would be?"

Y/N: "Huh?"

Ruby: "Come on, tell me."

The red-hooded girl leans close, inching closer to his face.

Y/N: "I... uh... I think you be the... no-killing type."

Ruby: "Why? I kill Grimm before."

Y/N: "They don't count."

Ruby: "You mean... people?"

Y/N: "Yeah. Like criminals. Bad guys."

Soon enough, Ruby and Y/N talk about the heroes they had read from the storybooks they read before, challenging one another over what kind of hero would come out on top.

Y/N: "Man, if I even wants someone to defeat me, I think... it would be you."

Ruby just looks at him, a bit confused on his random remark.

Ruby: "In a sparring match?"

Y/N recoils, realizing what he just said out loud.

Y/N: "Yeah, a sparring match. I mean, you got speed, a cool scythe, and be able to outmaneuver me too."

Ruby: "Aww, thanks."

Once she checks the time, she quickly gets up from the bed.

Ruby: "Oh my gosh, I was supposed to meet up with Blake today!"

Y/N: "Well, don't let me stop you. Go."

Ruby nod and goes to get her toolkit. As she was about to head the door, she stops for a moment.

Ruby: "Oh yeah. I almost forgot."

Y/N: "Hm? Forgot what?"

The red-hooded girl quickly turns to face Y/N as she proceeds to hug him tightly. Y/N was caught off guard by this as his face slowly begins to turn a bit red.

Ruby: "Thanks..."

After a few moments of the two hugging, Ruby quickly dashes out of the room, carrying her toolkit before Y/N could say anything else. Now alone, Y/N sighs before smiling at how cute Ruby was during that whole exchange they had. 

Yang: "Nice to see Ruby opening up to someone."

Y/N turn his attention to Yang, who is standing at the opened doorframe.

Y/N: "How much you heard?"

Yang: "All of it."

Y/N: "R-Right..."

The two became quiet before Yang head inside his dorm and continuing.

Yang: "On that day, I was afraid that Ruby and I were going to get killed, but like a real-life superhero, Ruby's mom saved us both, all while standing tall and smiling to us. She was so badass."

Y/N: "Yang..."

The blonde proceeds to place her head on his shoulder, slowly wrapping her arms around him.

Yang: "After that, I realize that I can't let anything horrible happen to Ruby. That I would protect her, just like her mom."

Y/N: "Isn't Summer Rose your mom as well?"

Yang: "She... is..."

They stay in the hug for a few moments before Yang letting go of him as she kisses him on the lips.

Yang: "But Ruby is learning to stand on her own two feet. Both as a leader and a huntress. And I'm proud of her."

After that, Yang left his dorm not before blowing him a kiss as she goes to where Ruby dash off to. Y/N decide to take a shower as he ponders that whole conversation, he had with the two sisters.

Y/N: ("Maybe... Remnant can have a hero... a hero like Ruby...")

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 110 11
(RWBY x Mute Male Reader, Volume 1) First book, spelling mistakes, bla bla you get it. Each volume will be a separate book cuz fuck it. Also, a (not...
209K 3.4K 62
This story is discontinued ( I don't own rwby or any picture in this fanfiction)
67.7K 761 13
What happen when someone have talk to Salem for years? Listening to her rants and making promises. What happen if this person is the only person who...
61.2K 904 47
I DO NOT OWN RWBY ROOSTER TEETH OWNS RWBY THERE ARE SOME FEW SPOILERS IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED RWBY YET So this is just a fanfic for the readers who wa...