When the Tide Switches - Rafe...

By svevarossi2

Lillian Bianca Jones and Rafe Cameron have been enemies for as long as they can remember, but when the tide s... More

Prologue
๐ŸซถCHARACTERS๐Ÿซถ
Playlist๐Ÿซถ
Chapter 2- Homeboy Likes You
Chapter 3- Thorton Playboy
Chapter 4- Big Revelations
Chapter 5- Mind Games
Chapter 6- For What It's Worth
Chapter 7- My Person
Chapter 8- Heavenly Looks
Chapter 9- Apologies & Discoveries
Chapter 10- He Missed It
Chapter 11- Damage Control
Chapter 12- Dead Past
Chapter 13- Cozy Future
Chapter 14- Revealing Comforts
Chapter 15- A Big Secret
Chapter 16- Stupid Dare
Chapter 17- Meaningful Words
Chapter 18- Love Bomb
Chapter 19- What A Night
Chapter 20- Tough Day
Chapter 21- Party Hustle
Chapter 22- Throwing Up The Past
Chapter 23- Celebration of Love
Chapter 24- Police Sirens
Chapter 25- The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 26- Open Mouth
Chapter 27- Anger & Panic
Chapter 28- He Did It
Chapter 29- Finally Together
Face-Claim
Chapter 30- Back To Real Life
Chapter 31- Clubbing on the Mainland
Chapter 32- Altruism or Selfishness?
Chapter 33- What The Fuck
Little Update
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 1)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 2)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 3)
Editing
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 4)
Chapter 35- Unmerited Favours
Chapter 36- Harmful Memories
Chapter 37- Used To Saying It
Update
Chapter 38- The Monster's Gone

Chapter 1- The Boneyard

3.9K 21 18
By svevarossi2

Notes from the Author: 

This Story is Enemies to Lovers 

There will be some smut but not every time it depends on what I feel like writing.

TW: Drugs, abuse, SA, addiction, etc. So please be aware of that.

It follows the basics of OBX, although please note that Rafe isn't a murderer in this story or a criminal.  There also isn't the gold storyline. 

I'm not sexualizing Drew, so please don't hate. 

The characters that aren't present in the OBX series are the only ones I own, the rest all belong to the OBX Writers. 

This story will get more and more interesting chapter by chapter so please be patient with it!!!  Please also note that English isn't my main language so I apologize for any mistakes. 

Hope you enjoy and Comment! XO

Please tell me if you want the chapters to be longer or shorter!

It was the first night of summer vacation and I was spending it at the Cameron's, the first night of summer vacation always has the best feeling to it so I wanted to make sure that it was a night to remember.

My family and the Camerons have always been close; Ward went to school with my dad and they were best friends since. My mom and Rose met through their husbands but got along really well and also are best friends. Then there were us kids; me (Lillian), my brother Ethan, Sarah, Wheezie, and Rafe. Sarah and I have been best friends since birth, set up by our parents but we have never fallen apart; not one single fight to make our friendship break. Ethan and Wheezie are friends as they are close in age but they are going through different paths.

And then there is Rafe, Rafe Cameron. My best friend's big brother, my enemy. Me and him never liked eachother. He was just the type of person I could never get along with. Cocky, in his head about imself, treating girls like tools. He was so toxic and shallow just being around him ruined my day. His presence brought a sense of unhapiness in my body since I was little. Considering we were froced in so much proximity as kids we would always bicker and fight and it just stuck. Another thing I always hated about him is that he never worked for anything. 

Being so close with the pogues I got to see how much they have to work for every little thing I've always taken for granted as a kook. But Rafe, Rafe stayed on his ass his whole day if not for going to the country club or to get high. All the money he has, he spends on coke, he is high 50% of the time. Topper keeps telling me that Rafe uses coke as a comfort but I hardly believe it. Rafe doesn't seem like the type to have any problems, he just makes them. 

We both don't like each other and it has been like that from what I can remember, we never made a big fuss about it but our opinions are clear and known to every person on the island. Kooks and Pogues.

With that said, Sarah and I had plans to go to a kegger on the boneyard with the pouges, but my Dad and Ward being the stuck-up kooks that they are told us we weren't allowed:

"Should we sneak out?" Sarah whispered to me on her bed.

"I don't know Sar, my dad would freak and so would yours." I said with a nervous look on my face.

"Who cares about them?" She said with a smile on her face, I chuckled.

"I don't know, what if Jj gets into a fight? Or what if Pope gets beaten up? What if we get caught?" I said and continued to think of everything that could go wrong tonight.

"Lil! Come on we do everything together, I don't want to go without you. Plus if Jj gets into a fight all you have to do is flirt with him and then he'll be all over you and that will stop his momentum." Sarah said and then tapped me on the arm teasingly.

She was right, I wanted to go and I didn't want to leave her alone either, at the end of the day it was the first summer night and we had to have a good time. I wish she wasn't right about Jj though, he has tried to flirt with me since we joined the pogues last summer. I love him with my whole heart but not like that.

I sighed and then said: "Fine but you're lending me you're sage green dress whether you like it or not." Sarah smiled and nodded.

The next second we were getting ready, putting on a slight layer of makeup because it was so warm in the OBX that night. I put on Sarah's dress, it was the cutest dress I had ever seen: sage green with spaghetti straps, a low back, and a teasing neckline. It was made of satin and that is what made it so precious to Sarah.

Lillian's Outfit:

I stop putting my shoes on (white heels that I knew I was going to regret wearing at the beach) and ask Sarah: "Is Rafe coming?"

Sarah rolls her eyes at the thought of him and answers "No don't worry he's at Barry's."

Barry, his drug dealer. I wasn't surprised to hear this so I just rolled my eyes with relief that he wasn't coming.

Another reason why I despise Rafe is that at any party, when any guy is flirting with me he goes and starts a fight with him, interrupting me. He always makes it his personal mission to make sure that I will never have a party hookup, just to piss me off. I've had many before but not one from a party with him present. 

Relieved that his presence wasn't going to ruin my night I finished getting ready. Sarah and I sneak out of her balcony window, we had done it a million times before and we never got caught.

We asked John B for a ride with the Twinkie because our parents would be able to tell that we weren't there if one of our cars was missing. We waited for him in a street far enough from both our homes but close enough to walk to. John B picked us up, gave Sarah a kiss and soon enough we were there.

I knew Sarah was going to blow me off to stay with John B, so I headed to the rest of the pogues. I did the handshake with all of them: Kie, Jj, and Pope and soon enough we were all drinking and having a great time.

Kie and I were sitting on the sand while watching Jj and Pope wrestle jokingly, and of course, Jj won. Pope gasped and sat next to me reaching for air and I chuckled.

Pope is another one of my best friends, I can tell him anything and so can he. No matter what we are always there for each other. I know he doesn't like me in a lover way and I don't like him like that either which is what makes this friendship feel so much safer.

Jj started rambling about his day and about how he stole some kook's wallet on his way to the alcohol shop, we all laughed but it secretly pissed me off. I think that the rivalry between Kooks and Pogues is so stupid. But I just know that Jj would never steal a wallet from a Pogue, mostly because it would be empty but regardless. I think that what class you are in does not determine who you are, because of that the respect needs to go both ways, which is something the pogues struggled to figure out.

One of the reasons why I didn't like Jj in a lover way was his instability, he isn't the type of person that would fall in love like ever. His only love is his surfboard and that I respect. I find the instability to be thrilling when it comes from a friend but from a lover? It just seems scary to me.

Either way I wasn't looking for someone to love, the thought of love scared me, then more than ever. A mixture of insecurities and bad experiences made my mind close to the idea of finding someone who I loved, and who loved me. I wasn't ready. Not anymore.

Kie and I decided to walk around the beach as we both weren't too wasted. Kie is another one of my best friends, Sarah and I joined the pogues also because of her and we became close so fast. Our trio: Sarah, Kiara, and Lillian was known as the Kook princesses turned Pogues and we embraced that title. Kie and I were playing Smash or Pass, using people at the party as prospects. 

We were both scanning the beach to find a new guy and that is when my eyes fell on Rafe. I saw him drinking with Kelce and I rolled my eyes, Kiara immediately noticed.

She tried to find whom my stare was directed at and when she saw him she too rolled her eyes. Then she asked: "Do you want to leave?"

"Nah, I'll just stay away as much as possible, hopefully, he didn't see me." I said with a tired tone.

She nodded and we headed back to the pogues, me laughing at her for smashing Tyler Robinson, a weird ass guy whom I assumed to be gay. She was also laughing with me which is why I kept going on about the situation.

We made our way back to the pogues and that's when a drunk version of Sarah approached me. We had all drank but she was completely wasted.

"Lillian!!!" She yelled, "Come dance with me!!! Pretty please!! If you don't I'll tell everyone your deepest secret!!" She went on while stumbling across the beach.

I chuckled "Sar I have to get you home you're wasted!"

"No!!" She yelled like a baby not wanting to go to bed.

"Yes, Sar get in the twinkie." I turned around to see all the pogues leaving the scene, they were laughing but Pope had a guilty face on that made me smile. I knew why they bailed on us, taking care of a drunk Sarah is worse than taking care of a newborn child. But I was still mad at them for leaving us, two Kooks in the middle of the cut. With no ride to get home.

I piggybacked Sarah which was hard for me to do, I had taken my heels off as soon as I arrived, so I also had to keep them in my hand. I made a mental note to never listen to Sarah again and to never choose style over comfort.

I asked other friends of ours if they could bring us but they all said they couldn't. So, of course, to my luck, the only person left was Rafe.

"Sarah from now on we are doing what I feel like doing mkay?" I said with a pissed tone.

She simply nodded and dug her chin back into my shoulder which hurt but whatever. I kept Sarah on my shoulders and walked over to Rafe with an annoyed look on my face.

I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around. "What do you want Jones?" He said with a tone that matched my face perfectly.

I noticed his gaze scan my body up and down, his eyes flickering, making their way to my annoyed face. I don't know what it was I felt, but it wasn't a sense of uncomfortness, and that was enough to throw me off my game.

"Sarah's drunk and we need to get back home, the pogues bailed on us." I said quickly to get this over with.

He rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to argue. I interrupted him before he could say a word, "She's your sister do it for her not for me, plus do you really want to be responsible for your sister and her best friend getting kidnapped by some weird-ass pedo?" He nodded and told me to get in. I put Sarah in the backseat and sat next to her.

"So? Do you expect me to believe that Ward and Simon let you guys go out with those dirty pogue friends of yours?" He said with a smug look that he always made when he caught me in a lie.

I rolled my eyes and answered, "Just keep your mouth closed about it, it's none of your business, and our friends aren't dirty pogues by the way."

"You know they are, those people are just low-lives that cannot do anything other than steal and wreck things for other people," He said and let out a sigh when he noticed I wasn't answering. We arrived at the Cameron's, I brought Sarah in and ignored Rafe, I felt bad for being so rude but then I reminded myself that it was Rafe.

I went to Sarah's room and tried my make her change into her pyjamas. I took a makeup wipe and wiped her makeup off and lastly, I put her in her bed and tucked her in her thin sheets. Then I got myself ready for bed and slipped in next to her. The whole time I was thinking about the night and I realised that it could have been much worse, but one thing or in this case, person, simply couldn't get out of my head. Rafe. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 95 46
It's been seven years. Is she naive to think he could have changed? It's been years since she left Kildare for New York - seven years since she calle...
3K 15 36
A story about rafe!! And how he feel in love and got better all because of one girl this is still on going so! I do take requests but this is mustly...
29.1K 407 38
Rafe Cameron is a kook. A well known one too. Y/n Y/l/n is a pouge. A well known one too. Y/n hates kooks and Rafe hates pouges. But could things cha...
252K 3K 62
Hallie Parker... Was instantly recognized as the new girl on the island. Also known as the girl who changed Rafe's heart that one summer. ๐“‡ฝ This sto...