(HIATUS, MAYBE DISCONTINUED)...

By qffectionate

Marcy hasn't seen Sasha in years, and has forgotten about her small middle school crush on her. When she goes... More

one
three

two

82 3 0
By qffectionate

content warning for this chapter: smoking

     Marcy awoke to sunlight seeping through the windows. She was on Sasha's couch, her computer and journal were both on the floor. She put them back into her suitcase and got up. She realized that she was still wearing a t-shirt and jeans. Her denim jacket was hanging by the door. She took clothes from the suitcase and changed into them in the bathroom. A black and white graphic t-shirt with wide black jeans. After getting ready, she looked around the house for Sasha.

      "Sash?" She called.

      She decided to look outside after a minute or two. Sasha was leaning on the deck's railing, smoking a cigarette. This didn't seem like something that Sasha would do, but Marcy wouldn't judge. Honestly, she had never cared about the smell. She stood next to Sasha and looked over at her.

     "When did you wake up?" Marcy asked.

     Sasha took the cigarette out of her mouth, "About an hour ago."

     Marcy was embarrassed. "Sorry for waking up so late, I'm usually up really early."

     "Hey, I don't mind! I'm glad you were able to sleep. Besides, it's probably the time zone's fault."

     "Yeah, you're right," Marcy said, "I didn't know you smoked."

     "Oh, yeah. Bad habit of mine." Sasha said.

     "The sunrise is beautiful." Marcy observed.

     "Huh... I never realized until you pointed it out."

     Marcy looked over at Sasha. The blonde girl was wearing a white crochet top with matching shorts. Her hair was in a black headband and her eyes reflected the peach-colored sky. She looked almost angelic.

     She snapped out of it when Sasha smiled at her. "You good, Marce?"

     "Oh, yeah, sorry." Marcy's stomach flipped, but it was a delightful feeling.

     Sasha laughed. Marcy didn't notice herself smiling at the sound. Their hands brushed against each other for a moment, which—surprisingly—made Marcy's stomach flip again. She noticed Sasha turning her face to the other direction.

     "Your hair is pretty."

     It took Marcy a moment to realize that the voice which had spoken the words was hers. She looked away, flustered.

     Sasha smiled, Marcy wondered if the red tinge on her cheeks was from the rising sun.

     "Thanks," The blonde said, fidgeting with her fingers.

     "I'm starving, should we go somewhere to eat? I'll pay." Marcy suggested.

     "That sounds nice." Sasha said, placing the cigarette on the railing of the deck.

     They put their shoes on and decided to take the subway after some discussion. They headed down and sat on a bench near it, waiting for it to arrive. The crowd made Marcy unsettled, so she sat close to Sasha.

     "Do you take the subway a lot?" She asked.

     "Yeah, pretty often." Sasha said, looking over at her.

     "It's strange," Marcy said, looking around.

     "Eh, you get used to it after a while." Sasha smiled, which brought Marcy comfort.

     The subway arrived and they got on, sitting beside each other on some cushioned chairs.

     When the train started moving, Marcy looked around. She noticed someone staring at her, and moved closer to Sasha.

     "You alright?" Sasha asked.

     Marcy nodded. The rest of the train was quiet, and she only heard the sound of it moving, along with a faint constant beeping noise. When she listened more closely, she could hear Sasha's breathing.

     She grasped the sleeve of Sasha's jacket that she had put on along with a pair of jeans before they'd left.

     When the train came to a halt, they stood up and got out. They left the underground area and Marcy looked around at all the shops and restaurants.

     "So, where do you wanna go?" Sasha asked her.

     "I don't know... I haven't been to any of these places. This whole place has changed a lot since we were thirteen." Marcy remembered all the old restaurants, getting a sense of nostalgia.

     "Ah... well, I like this place." Sasha pointed to one of the restaurants, "Would you wanna go there?"

     "Sure!" Marcy said.

     She followed Sasha into the restaurant where they were seated on two tall chairs on either side of a circular table.

     "What do they have here?" Marcy asked.

     "Pancakes, french toast, stuff like that." Sasha said.

     Marcy nodded. Sasha set her phone down on the table, then moved it over to the side.

     "What are you gonna order?" Marcy asked.

     "Probably pancakes, they're my favorite thing here." Sasha smiled.

     "Ohh, I should get those too!"

     When the waiter approached, they both ordered the pancakes.

     "Where'd you get that cool bracelet from?" Sasha asked once the waiter had left.

     "Uh... the thrift store, I think." Marcy looked down at her green beaded bracelet.

     "We have to go thrifting sometime! That's my favorite thing ever!" Sasha said excitedly.

     "No way, that sounds so fun!" Marcy exclaimed.

     "Do you wanna go anywhere after this?"

     Marcy thought for a moment. "Can we go to some shops?"

     "Of course! I know all the best ones." Sasha grinned.

     Marcy felt her face get warmer at the sight of her smile. She didn't have time to say anything else, because the waiter had returned with their food.

     After the food had been set on the table in front of them, Marcy looked down and said, "These look so good!"

     Sasha smiled, "That's because they are."

     They both dug into the pancakes, hardly having time to talk. They finished quickly, waiting for the waiter to return with the check.

     "How'd you like it?" Sasha asked.

     "They were really good! I hope we can come here again sometime." Marcy smiled.

     "We definitely can," Sasha said.

     "Yay!" Marcy cheered.

     When the waiter arrived with the check and Marcy paid, they left the restaurant to look around at the shops.

     "Where do you wanna go first?" Sasha asked.

     "Hmm... there?" Marcy pointed at a small shop with t-shirts and other clothes inside.

     "Alright," Sasha said, following Marcy in.

     As the day went by, they continued shopping. They occasionally stopped for meals, but by evening, they were both exhausted.

     "All the ships have closed now," Sasha said. She was sitting beside Marcy on a bench.

     "Should we go back?" The onyx-haired girl asked.

     "I think so." Sasha took Marcy's hand and stood up. They walked to the subway station together.

     When they got on the train, Marcy was far too tired to be aware of her surroundings. She rested her head on Sasha's shoulder. Sasha did the same. They continued holding hands. Despite being extremely tired, Marcy's stomach still managed to fill with butterflies. Sasha smelled of cigarettes and... strawberries. Maybe the strawberry scent was Marcy's mind playing tricks on her, though.

     The train came to a halt, and they walked out of it. Neither of them thought to let go of the other's hand. They walked back to Sasha's house, hand in hand.

     When they arrived, they were both too exhausted to change out of their clothes. Marcy lied down on the couch and heard Sasha heading down the hall to her room. Despite being tired, she couldn't stop thinking. It prevented her from sleeping, and she tossed and turned. It wasn't until Sasha came out and tapped her shoulder that she realized they were both unable to sleep.

     "Marce, you awake?"

     "Yeah, can't sleep."

     "Me neither. Wanna go for a drive?"

     "Oh... sure, why not?"

     The radio played softly, the city lights seemed to rush past the car as it drove. Marcy rested her head on her hand. Her elbow rested on the car door. When she looked over at Sasha, she saw that her lips were mouthing the song's lyrics. The lights reflected in her cerulean eyes, seemingly giving her a certain kind of glow. Marcy felt her own eyes closing, but the urge to continue staring at Sasha was stronger than that to close her eyes. Sasha's hair only moved with a slight breeze, as the car was going quite slow. The moon seemed to shine on only her. Sasha didn't seem to notice Marcy's staring.

     "The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" Sasha asked, tilting her head to the moon.

     Marcy looked up. "Yeah, you're right."

     Sasha smiled. Marcy could have sworn she saw the girl's face come closer. No... she definitely smelled the strawberries. What a calming aroma it was. She could bask in Sasha's company forever if she so wanted.

      Sasha took out a cigarette and lit it. The flame stood out against the night sky and darkness around them, casting a faint glow on Sasha's face. When she put the lighter away, Marcy could smell cigarettes once again. By now, it seemed like a comforting smell. It reminded her of Sasha's presence.

     "Want one?" Sasha asked, holding the cigarette between two of her fingers.

     "Oh... no thanks."

     Sasha shrugged. "Suit yourself."

     She began to drive back as Marcy looked out the window. The entire day was amazing in Marcy's eyes. She wanted to spend forever with Sasha.

     When they got back to Sasha's house, they continued to sit in the car for several minutes. Marcy watched as the smoke from Sasha's cigarette floated into the air. Then, she looked at Sasha's face. Her relaxed but tired blue eyes, her golden hair, and her leather jacket.

     Then, something inside her clicked, just seconds before they both decided to head inside.

     Marcy was in love with Sasha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393K 11.8K 80
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how...
71.6K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
776K 28.8K 104
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
577K 8.8K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...