Pookal Pookum Tharunam

By PallaviKannan

Ajay Dev and Sreedevi Mohan are Married couples who live like strangers in a flat. Their life moves in a repe... More

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀꜱ & ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴩʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ꜱɪx
ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛᴇɴ
ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ꜱɪx
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ꜱɪx
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ɴɪɴᴇ
ꜰᴏʀᴛy
ꜰᴏʀᴛy ᴏɴᴇ
ꜰᴏʀᴛy ᴛᴡᴏ
ꜰᴏʀᴛy ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ꜰᴏʀᴛy ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ꜰᴏʀᴛy ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ꜰᴏʀᴛy ꜱɪx
ꜰᴏʀᴛy ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ꜰᴏʀᴛy ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ꜱɪx
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ
ꜱɪxᴛʏ

ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy ꜰᴏᴜʀ

3.2K 506 393
By PallaviKannan

April 16, 2019

Sreedevi

Intha John sir konjam over ah thaa poraaru..

The other day he invited me to a party but I politely denied it. But now he has sent me a book. I wonder why he is doing all this. Even though, I love the book and his sweet gesture, I wonder why he should sent me as we are not even that close.

It is logical if he sends the book to a close friend but why should he sent me? It is not even my birthday. Is he serious about his absurd feelings? Oh God!

But Ajay! He was insane yesterday. As if that John Sir has sent a whole lot of bomb in a package, he was reacting very badly. I mean, it shook me when he literally shouted. I have never seen him that angry.

By the books I read, I guess he might have got infuriated seeing a guy sending gifts for his wife. I wanted him to spill it but he chose to not do it. Lol.

It was fun though, Now I understand why he is teasing me with Reba.

I surf through my wardrobes searching for a silk saree to wear for the wedding but I dont find any. I dont wear Silk sarees or Kanjeevaram sarees at all. I only wear sarees at school and sometimes at home. Those are cotton and Georgette sarees. The last I wore a Kanjeevaram saree was on my wedding.

Even at weddings or functions, I wear simply Salwars. I have never found myself so interested in fashion. I wear anything, I don't go behind fashion and I dont even know which colour or dress suits me but now I feel like wearing a Kanjeevaram saree and make me appear more appealing and so I am eagerly searching for one.

On the top of the wardrobe, I found a small suitcase. I have kept some sarees that I wont use at all in that suitcase. I took it out and opened it. I found a few sarees in it including my wedding saree. It was a red kanjeevaram silk saree with golden borders. I took it in my hands and caressed it, a smile forming my lips. I looked up at the wedding picture of us with garland hanging on the wall. I chuckled seeing the grumpy face of both of us.

That Photographer was testing our patience asking to smile.

I kept the saree aside and looked the other sarees, which are dry cleaned, neatly ironed, folded and packed in a cover. I found a Green Kanjeevaram silk saree with Maroon borders. This was bought by Ajay's mother for me as a gift for engagement. I have never worn this saree though I have stitched the blouse for this. It looks so beautiful and I decided to wear this for wedding.

I kept the saree inside the bag that I am packing for our little trip to Coimbatore. I wonder what this Ajay is doing. I walk to the opposite room and found him immersed in his laptop connected to his headphones, leaning on the headboard bobbing his head. I walk a little closer. He was so immersed that he didn't even notice me. I peeked into the laptop and found the deo deo song of sunny leonne running on youtube.

My chest heaved up in anger. I knocked his hard and he screamed rubbing his head. Seeing me, his eyes widened and immediately closed his laptop and chuckle nervously.

"Vekkama illa?" I glare him placing my hands on my hip.

"Maa paatu thane ma"

"Chiii nee paataya pathut iruntha?" I ask him.

He gives me a toothy smile.

"Karumo karumo" I hit my forehead twice and tried to walk away but he caught my wrist.

"Summa thaan ma.. Athu enna paatu nu pathen" he said.

I screwed his ear and rotated it.

"Aaaaa" he started singing in pain.

"Kandavuluga iduppa aatratha pathut irukinga? Kudumba paiyan mathiriya nadanthukringa? Konjam kooda vekame illama..." I chided him screwing his ear.

"Sorry ma sorry ma sorry ma.. Vidu ma vidu ma vidu ma... Valikuthu ma valikuthu ma valikuthu ma.." He goes on saying.

"Ada chaiii" I left his ears while he rubbed it pouting at me.

"Oru entertainment thane ma ithellam" he had a playful smile on his face.

"Onu potene iruku nalla entertaining ah" I said actioning like slapping him.

"No violence devi ma"

"Ozhunga antha kandravi ya moodi vachut vanthu bag ah pack pannunga.."

He pouted.

I walked back to the master bedroom and he followed me closing the laptop. I resumed packing my bags murmuring to myself

"Sontha pontati ya ereduth kooda paaka mataru.. Ana kandava iduppa kan imaikama pakraru chaii"

He came inside eyeing me and opened his wardrobe. He started selecting some random shirts and threw it on the suitcase showing actions as if he is a spider man.

"Ozhunga vainga Ajay.. Eduth veesama" I chided.

He slumped his shoulders and kept the clothes decently in the suitcase still being lazy.

"Naalaik thane train.. Yen ipove pack panra?" He said.

I simply glared him. He zipped his mouth and packed his things.

I pack my casual wears, underwears, saree and party wear in different sections. Then I pack all my cream for my acne and other products in another small bag.

"Sreedevi?"

"Hmm?"

"Un birthdate enna?" Ajay asks me out of nowhere.

I stared him up to down. No husband would ask this question to his wife.

"Nee en pakura nu enak puriyuthu... Pontati oda birthdate kooda theriyathavana irukane thanu pakura?"

I nodded.

"Ok apo ennoda birthdate nee sollu" he said.

Athu vanthu ipo naa enna nu ungalta solrath...

"August?" I simply guessed.

"Wow devi wow" he clapped his hands "En birthday august ah??"

I shrugged "Seri enak therila sollunga.. Unga date of birth?" I asked him.

"7-05-1990.. Unodathu?" he said and asked me.

"25-05-1993" I said surprised of the fact that we are of the same month.

"Hey same month" he showed his left palm for a hi fi.

I hit his palm as we shared a hi-fi.

Suddenly I remembered about the sambar in the cooker and rushed to the kitchen asking Ajay to pack the rest.

Later at night we finished all the chores early and wento bed as we had to wake up early morning.

The alarm rang loudly in the morning and I got up in a swift. I switched on the night lamp, Ajay is sleeping soundly. I switched off the alarm and called him but he didn't budge.

"Ajayyy" I shook him.

He moaned and turned the other side.

"Ajay ezhunthiri... Time aachu"

"Mm po"

I rolled my eyes.

"Ajay ooruk ponum... Ezhinthiri.."

"Naa varala" he whined like a child.

"Adi veluthuruven.. Enthiringa"

He sat up in a sleepy mood with a displeasing face. I pulled him out of the bed and pushed him out of the door. I got refreshed and wore a sky blue chudidhar and got ready. I pushed the suitcases out of the room to the living. Ajay was nowhere there. I walked to his room and found him spraying his neck and other body parts. He was dressed in a casual checked shirt paired with brown pants.

"Polama?" He asked me and I nodded.

We switched off the gas, lights and fan before locking the room. The traiat departs at 7:10 am. Its already 6:30. Ajay and I settled on the car after keeping both of our suitcases at the back sear. He drove to the Chennai Central Railway Station. He parked the car inside the station and we locked it after taking our suitcases. Then we move to the particular platform and settle on the train on our seats.

I took the window seat and Ajay sat beside me keeping the suitcases below. I smiled wholeheartedly. Its been years since I have travelled in a train. The only mode of travelling I love is by train.

Ajay gets two cups of tea for us and as we taste it, the train departs. I enjoy how the trees and house move fast. I turn to him, and see him already looking at me, with a different emotion. He doesn't look away even though I caught him looking at me.

"Ajay?"

"Haa?"

"Neenga epo kadaisiya train la vanthinga?"

It took a second for him to think and then he sighs.

"Naa car vaangi 7 years aayiduchu.. Athuk munnadi thaan train la ponen" he said.

"Ohh thaniyava?"

"Illa.." His voice went low "en ex kooda"

"Ohh" I said trying my maximum to not show my disappointment.

Though Ajay has assured me that he doesn't love that girl, it disappoints me everytime thinking about her. I know its not healthy and that I should know about his past relationships. I decided to ask him.

"Ajay? Antha ponnu kooda en break up aagiduchu?"

Ajay jerked his head to me.

"Therinje aaganuma?" He asked.

"Mm full ah sollu.. Please" I requested him holding his arms.

He looked down at my palms wrapped around his arm and back at me with a smile.

"Ana bayama iruke" he said.

"Yen?" I asked frowning.

"Ila oru Reba pathi sonnathe yen da sonnom nu irukku"

I glared him.

"Apo ithuvu sonna.. Naa gaali thaa" he said.

"Athu vera ithu vera.. Bayapadama sollunga"

"Hmmm... Ava peru Abirami.. " he started.

Abirami. This name is better than mine.

Avuru innu arambikave illa athuk ulla comparison ah???

-

Hey guys,

I have been trying to update this since yesterday but amma

Vela solliye kolranga ayya 🚶🏻‍♀️

Ok now how was the chapter?

👍🏻 or 👎🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 10K 31
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
234K 6.9K 81
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
404K 24.4K 83
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
901K 20.7K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.