The Innocent Mistake

By Poohbear8435

"Sidhaaarth..", the young girl cried again. "What did you say?", He asked. "Sidharth?", She replied a little... More

The Cover
Prologue
The Innocent Mistake - 1
The Innocent Mistake - 2
The Innocent Mistake - 3
The Innocent Mistake - 4
The Innocent Mistake - 5
The Innocent Mistake - 6
The Innocent Mistake - 8
The Innocent Mistake - 9
The Innocent Mistake - 10
The Innocent Mistake - 11
The Innocent Mistake - 12
The Innocent Mistake - 13
The Innocent Mistake - 14
The Innocent Mistake - 15
The Innocent Mistake - 16
The Innocent Mistake - 17
The Innocent Mistake - 18
The Innocent Mistake - 19
The Innocent Mistake - 20
The Innocent Mistake - 21
The Innocent Mistake - 22
The Innocent Mistake - 23

The Innocent Mistake - 7

1.9K 312 96
By Poohbear8435

I feel extremely grateful for everyone who is taking interest and appreciating the story. I was a bit reluctant initially to write as I feared an unfavorable response. Thank you.

Unedited..
________

He took a deep breath of fresh air which wasn't contaminated or stinky like the container. Exhaling, the air, he smiled a little. Finally, he was breathing the same air, which she was breathing.

Soon darkness surfaced infront of his eyes, his knees tottered unable to hold him up and he collapsed with a thud on the ground.

"Mate.. mate.. hey mate...", He heard faint words of the person who had helped him out of the filthy container few minutes back.

.
.
.
<Tring Tring>

"Hello..", Priya answered.

"Hello. Priya, guess what? I met my old school friend, Shaan on the train today.", Rajiv spoke sweetly into the phone. She could say that he was smiling at the moment.

"So?", She asked in a cold tone.

"Actually, he is coming home with me now.", Rajiv spoke in excitement.

"Now? Now as in?", She asked in shock

"In another 20 minutes we both will be there.", He said.

"Have you gone mad Rajiv?", Priya yelled.

"Just a minute Shaan.. there is no proper telephone signal here.. I guess she is asking me what to make for dinner.", Rajiv excused his friend and walked a bit away from him.

"No, I am not. Rajiv, How can you get a guest home?", Priya screamed into the reciever.

"Stop yelling like a mad dog. I didn't invite him. He self invited himself because he is travelling back to India tomorrow and he wanted to meet y'all before going. Priya, just for the sake of a few hours, we will have to manage.", Rajiv said.

"Manage? Yeah fine, I will tell your daughter to peel off the 31 weeks old baby bump and hide it inside the wardrobe.", Priya said sarcastically.

"Listen you. Will you stop arguing? I know we can't hide her baby bump but we will have to hide her somewhere, for few hours.", Rajiv suggests.

"Wow!! Brilliant idea but will you take a little pain of telling me where exactly do you want me to hide her?", She asked in a taunting tone.

"Argghhh.. I don't know. Just.. just hide her in the spare room or garage but make sure you ask her to be quiet until he leaves. And prepare some dinner for him as well.", Rajiv spoke in annoyance

"Yeah, any other orders?", Priya asked.

"Go to hell!", He disconnected the phone tired of listening to her taunts.

Priya blabbered non-stop and went to Sana's room.

"Listen Sana, we have a guest coming home in few minutes.", Priya informed.

Sana's lip formed a curve. The innocent girl always loved having guests at home. Being the only child, the guest would bring her gifts or atleast present her some money before they left. Her parents would be extra sweet to her and would proudly boast about her infront of them. There would be a special cuisine prepared which she had been secretly craving from months but didn't dare to ask her mother as her mother was always in a bad mood.

"Okay Maa.. What do I wear?", Sana asked in excitement.

"Nothing because you aren't going to make an appearance in front of him. We left our country to hide your sin and your presence with that baby bump will only bring us shame. You are going to stay in the spare room until he leaves. You have to be absolutely quiet and also keep the lights off.", Her mother instructed dumping all her frustration on her. Sana was devastated with those cruel words from her mother. From being their pride to becoming a means of shame, that's how far she has arrived after that innocent mistake of her's.

She nodded her head hiding her tears which went unnoticed by her mother because she was already on her way to kitchen to prepare dinner for the guest. Sana quietly went into the spare room which was mainly used to drying clothes and storing unnecessary stuffs. She locked the door and began to pule in the corner because if she cried loudly it might bring their parents shame.

Soon she could hear loud, excited conversation and guffaws from the living room which meant the guest was already here.

"How I miss meeting Sana. Rajiv told me that she studies in a residential school. How did you agree for it Mrs. Kapoor? Don't you feel lonely without her", Shaan asked.

"Yeah, we do. But look at the other side. Beside her getting a good education, we both get some time for ourselves.", Priya said looking at Rajiv.

"Awww.. you both make a wonderful couple! Mrs. Kapoor, you've maintained the house so well. It seems to be beautiful. Can I have a look?", Shaan asked.

"Aaahh.. Ummm.. sure..", Rajiv fumbled.

He showed him the house and when they arrived at the spare room's door, Shaan held the knob ready to open. Hearing their voices Sana stirred in fear.

"Shaan, that's a store room. All unwanted junk and unnecessary waste is stored inside. Let's skip the place and concentrate on the delicious food that Priya has cooked.", Rajiv interrupted and suggested.

"Ha ha ha.. for sure! My stomach is already grumbling just after relishing the aroma of the food. I hope when I come next with my wife, you would have gotten rid of all the crap inside so that you can make some space for us to stay here for a few days.", Shaan said.

"Yes, definitely. I can't wait for the crap to be taken out of my life as well.", Rajiv chuckled.

Sana felt an agonizing pain hearing their conversation. Indeed she was crap in their life who brought upon shame to them. She pressed her palms and silently puled.

After two long hours of conversation and dinner, Shaan finally bid adieu to Rajiv and Priya. When Priya opened the door of the room and turned on the light, she found Sana crying.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying? Come and have dinner.", Priya said.

Sana hesitated to get up from her place.

"Are you planning to sit here all night? I said come and have dinner, I am already exhausted with so much work, don't expect me to stand in front of you and pamper", Priya ranted.

Sana stirred awkwardly in her place which finally made Priya realise that Sana had wetted herself.

"I am sorry, maa. I tried holding it but I couldn't. I didn't want to bring you shame by coming out in front of the guest", Sana bursts into tears feeling disgusted and embarrassed.

Priya's heart wrenched looking at her daughter's condition. The guilt in her leaped up for uttering those words earlier and throwing her daughter into a dingy room without access to the bathroom. Soon her temper rised and she called Rajiv which made Sana to feel even more mortified.

"What's the matter?", Rajiv asked.

"She has wetted her clothes. All because of you. If at all you hadn't gotten that man home, we would've have to hide her like this.", Priya accused him wanting to get rid of the guilt which was consuming her painfully.

Sana's sob turned in bawl due to extreme embarrassment when Rajiv studied Sana's condition. It wasn't her fault. She was in her 3rd trimester. The big belly and pressure on the bladder made it uncontrollable. Or it was her fault, because she was having a shameful pregnancy.

"Stop blaming me for everything in your life. Sana go clean yourself and don't make a big fuss out of such trivial things.", Rajiv yelled

.
.
.

"Next waiting..", the receptionist at Crystal Diagnostics called.

Sidharth moved ahead to the counter nervously and stood infront.

"Good morning, how can I help you?", The lady behind the counter asked him sweetly.

"Good morning.. I.. I'm.. (clears throat) here to inquire ab.. about S.. Sana...", Sidharth fumbled.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't quite understand. What exactly are you looking for?", Asked the lady.

"Sana Kapoor had done her 25 weeks scan here. I need her address?", Sidharth asked hesitantly.

"You are?", She asked.

"I am.. her f..f..friend.", Sidharth stuttered because he knew at this juncture it was no more the reality.

"I am sorry. That's someone's personal data. We cannot give any of our client's personal data or medical history unless it is legally required circumstances or the client herself has given the permission.", the nurse said.

"But.. she is my friend..", Sidharth states.

"Ofcourse you are but still we cannot. We have the clause mentioned on the form under privacy policy. At no cost we can break the clause", the lady clearly denies.

"Please..", Sidharth pleads again.

"We cannot. Sorry. Please that's a waste of both of our times. It is a criminal offense and you can be charged for it.", The lady said. Sidharth was already an illegal immigrant, insisting further was a bad option. He moves to leave.

"Next waiting..", the lady called.

"Excuses, can I ask you one more question? Promise, it isn't about medical history or personal data.", Sidharth said even before the lady could nod in negative and deny.

"Alright! Shoot!", She said.

"When do the next scan becomes due after 25 weeks scan?", He asked.

"It depends on the doctor's prescription but usually it would be around 32 weeks.", The lady said.

Sidharth counted weeks on his finger since his last chat with Sana, which made the lady look at him confusion.

"Thank you.", Sidharth smiled.

.
.
.

"Awww.. your baby looks so cute. Her eyelashes are so beautiful.", The sonographer performing ultrasound spoke looking at the black and white screen.

Sana's eyes were fixed at the big LCD monitor mounted to the wall nearby. She stared at the screen blankly while her mind wasn't in the ultrasound room.

<Slap>

Sana startled hearing the slapping sound. She looked at her mother's face which was red. Priya's eyes were filled with rage and tears. She glared at Rajiv who was enraged himself.

"That's it! I can't take it anymore. I am leaving.", Priya yelled barging into her room. She pulled out her suitcase and stuffed her clothes from her wardrobe.

"Maa.. maa.. please don't leave.. maa please..", Sana ran behind her and pleaded with teary eyes but Priya paid no heed to her cries.

"Maa.. please don't go maa.. I am sorry maa.. maa..", Sana snatched the clothes from Priya's hand. Priya looked daggers at her which caused Sana to tremble and leave the clothes.

Priya couldn't deal with the guilt she was facing within. Rajiv was successful in rubbing the blame entirely on her head for Sana's condition.

"It's all because of you, whore. Hadn't I told you to stay away from boys. Why didn't you listen to me? You are the sole responsible to break my house and my life. If you had controlled your slutty hormones then we wouldn't have to elope from our nation nor would I have to leave this house. I will never forgive you, bitch.",  Priya screamed and cursed her daughter. Sana put her head down and whimpered hearing her mother utter such words against her.

"Shut up you, bitch!! Don't you yell at my daughter like that else I'll break your bloody face. If you can't tolerate then get out of my house.", Rajiv yelled at Priya.

"Yeah right! Your daughter! Your daughter! Your house! Your career! It's all about you and yours. Everything is yours except me. But when it comes to taking responsibilities, it's all mine. She got pregnant because of my irresponsibility. I am responsible to look after her while you persue your career. I am responsible to take her for checkups and scans. I am responsible to cook, clean, wash and maintain house. After doing all this, all I get is a bloody slap on my face.", Priya seethed in anger.

"Fine, let's do it this way. I will sit at home and you pursue your career. Find a job which gives you as much money as I earn.", Rajiv spat.

"I don't sit at home.. I bloody take care of everything at home even when I was pursuing my career. Just because I earned a few thousand less, doesn't make me small.", Priya yelled.

"Yeah, I can see how well you took care.", He said pointing at Sana's bump.

"Yeah, then take care of her yourself.", Priya spoke with gritted teeth.

Rajiv stood tall with his hands crossed and glared at Priya silently while Priya resumed packing her bag.

"Papa.. papa.. please stop maa. Please papa..", Sana pleads her father this time.

"Shut up and go to your room, Sana. She has no place to go. This isn't India that she would run to her relatives.", Rajiv said.

"Oh!! That's what you think? Then sorry to break your misconception. You are wrong.", Priya said dragging her suitcase out with her. Rajiv furrowed his brows on hearing her statement.

"If you leave now, you aren't allowed to return again.", Rajiv smirked but Priya paid no heed to him. Shocked would be an understatement to describe his face but nevertheless his ego was bigger than anything.

"Maa.. I will do everything you ask me to, please don't leave. Maa..", Sana begged her mother following until the threshold.

"Sana, if you step outside with her now then you can also forget the way back inside.", Rajiv said to Sana. Sana froze in her trails but she didn't want to let her mother go as well hence she held her suitcase with all the strength wanting to stop her.

"Sanaaa..", Priya yelled angrily, startling her. With that, Sana's hold on the suitcase loosened and Priya was gone while Rajiv stood like a stone. Since Rajiv had warned her to not step outside, Sana ran towards the window and called her mother to stop but it was of no use.

<Squeeez>

A splash of cold gel on her belly brought Sana back from her flashback.

"Sorry darling.. that's cold..", the sonographer apologized sweetly while continuing to run the ultrasound transducer on Sana's belly. Sana nodded her head slightly.

<Lub-dub lub-dub lub-dub lub-dub>

"That's your baby's heart", the lady said.

"Hmm..", Sana hummed looking at the screen.

"So have you decided a name for her yet?", The sonographer asked.

"Huh? Na.. name?", Sana looked perplexed at her face. Sana had never thought about the baby or the future because her mind would only be running in the past and cry in repentance.

"Yes, name.", The lady said in excitement.

"I h.. haven't thought about it.", Sana said.

"You still have sometime until her arrival. Best names take a lot of time.", The sonographer lady smiled.

_______________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 2.1K 16
Its a darker story and little inspired from the hate story series, at least the trailer. Darker themes therefore trigger waning. Please be ware and c...
1M 54.8K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
311K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
17.7K 640 13
What to write.... Just read the story to know as I can't think of any good description. Taekook / kookv As always top kook Tae as girl ( warning do...