The Foreigner {Haikyuu Boys x...

By nataliepruitts25

Y/n is a 16-year-old girl from America who moved to Japan and started going to Karasuno High School. When she... More

Going To Training Camp

First Day At Karasuno

163 2 0
By nataliepruitts25

Your heart races as you look up at the sign that says Karasuno. You're once again at a different school in a different country. You sigh as you look at the building, "Here we go again. New school and new students I have to deal with."

Your grip on your bag tightens as you make your way to the school entrance. You quickly notice how everyone is staring at you as you walk through the halls. They obviously never seen a student from another country before. You try to ignore them as you look for your classroom. I still haven't fully mastered Japanese yet. You squint as you look at the signs trying to make out what they're saying. Until you hear a voice from behind...

"Do you need help?"

You turn to look at who spoke to you and see a boy with orange hair looking at you with a big smile on his face. He suddenly turns red when he sees you looking at him. "Yes, I'm looking for my class. Do you know where this room is?"

You show him the piece of paper with your classroom number on it and he looks at it. "So, you're a second year?"

"From what I understand. The schools here do things differently from the schools in the country I come from."

"Oh? What country are you from?"

"America." You watch the boy's eyes widen as they sparkle with amusement and excitement.

"THAT'S SO COOL!!"

"Not to seem rude, but could you help me find my classroom? I don't want to be late on my first day."

"Oh, yeah, sorry. Follow me, you're actually on the first year's floor so I'll show you where the second year's floor is."

"Thank you, um..."

"Hinata, Shoyo."

"L/n, Y/n, but you can just call me Y/n, I'm not used to people calling me by my last name."

"Okay."

You follow him as he leads you to the correct floor you need to be on. Once you get onto the second year's floor, Hinata sees a boy he recognizes, "Ennoshita!" You see the other boy turn and walk toward you guys. You notice the blush that appears on his cheeks when he looks at you.

"Hey, Hinata. What are you doing on this floor and who is this?"

"This is Y/n, she's new to our school and got lost looking for her classroom. She's a second year," he looks over at you. "This is Ennoshita, he's also a second year. He can help you find your classroom."

Ennoshita looks over at you, "What classroom are you in?" You show him the paper with your classroom number on it and he smiles. "That's my classroom, I can show you where it is. In fact, it seems you have all of my classes so I can show you to each one."

You smile at him as you feel relieved, "Thank you! I would really appreciate that!"

You thank Hinata with a bow, which you're still trying to get the hang of, and you follow Ennoshita to your classroom. You proceed with the first half of the day being introduced to each of your new classrooms and the students in them, with Ennoshita showing you the way to each one like he said he would. Along the way you met Kinoshita, Nishinoya, and Tanaka since some of your classes were with them as well, Kinoshita also had all the same classes as you.

You had a bit of a hard time understanding some of the stuff but the boys were always willing to help. You were surprised that they were willing to help someone that they barely knew but you were thankful that they did. You were in the last class before lunch with all four boys and you could feel your stomach rumbling. I now regret not eating all that much for breakfast, but I was too nervous about my first day to eat all that much. But now I'm really hungry.

When you hear the chime you turn to Ennoshita who is sitting right next to you. "Please tell me that's the lunch chime."

You could hear all four boys chuckle before Ennoshita replied, "Yes, that was the lunch chime. Would you like to eat with us and our friends?"

"Sure! I would love to!" You couldn't help but be thrilled that you were invited to eat lunch with some of the students, you thought you were gonna be eating lunch by yourself, feeling awkward and out of place. 

You arrived at the school about three months into the school year and they're getting ready to have their summer vacation, so you know that all the students already have their friend groups and are familiar with each other.

"Awesome! We'll walk you to the cafeteria," Tanaka says as you all leave the classroom.

The five of you make your way to the cafeteria and when you get there you see Hinata run up to you. "Y/n! Are you going to be eating with us?"

"Yes."

He cheers before leading you to the table where everyone is sitting. You see a few other boys and two girls sitting at the table. "Hey, guys, this is Y/n. She's a new student here from another country," Nishinoya announced after you guys reached the table.

"She's from America!" Hinata added and you could hear the excitement in his tone. You don't understand why he's so fascinated with the fact that you're from America, but you shrug it off.

You watch Tanaka run over to a black-haired girl and hug her as he peppers her with kisses while telling her how much he missed her. At the same time, Hinata runs over to a blonde girl and hugs her before kissing her. You smile when you see the girl's face turn completely red.

"Welcome, Y/n." You hear the voice and turn to look at the boy with silver hair who is talking to you with a sweet smile. "Please, sit down. I'm Sugawara."

"I'm Daichi. Nice to meet you."

You smile at them as you sit down, with Nishinoya sitting right next to you. The boy has been trying to stay attached to you since he met you. Everyone introduces themselves to you individually. "It's nice to meet all of you. Um, is there some sort of poly relationship stuff going on?"

Sugawara chuckles, "There is, actually. Asahi and Tanaka are both dating Kiyoko, and she also has one other boyfriend at a different school."

Daichi chimes in, "Hinata, Kageyama, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi are all dating Yachi."

"So, having poly relationships is allowed here?"

"Yes," Suga replied.

"Well, ain't that somethin'. Are the boys dating each other too or...?"

"No, they're just good friends who decided to share the girl that they're all interested in," Sugawara replied.

"Kiyoko and Yachi agreed to it so they just went for it," Daichi added.

You ate your lunch as you talked to them some more, getting to know them. You perked up when you found out they were all part of a volleyball club. "I love volleyball! Mind if I come watch you guys practice after school?"

"Not at all," Daichi responds.

"We can even see about getting you in as another manager if you would like," Kiyoko starts speaking. "I'm currently training Yachi to be the club manager, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to have one more."

"That would be great! I would love that!" You said excitedly. For the first time in a long time, you felt joy and excitement, and you actually looked forward to something.

~~~~~~

Later on in the day, after school ended, the boys made their way to the gym for practice. "How are things going with Michimiya?" Sugawara asked Daichi.

Daichi's face turns red at the thought of his girlfriend, "Pretty well. We both still get a little awkward around each other but we're still making it work. You seem to like that new girl already." 

Now it was Sugawara's turn to blush, "I always heard that American girls were pretty but she's just gorgeous."

"Hey, guys. Is the gym this way?" You greet the two boys as you catch up to them. Sugawara stiffens for a second as he wonders if you heard him. But he quickly relaxed.

"Yeah. The gym is this way, you can follow us," Daichi responds as he tries not to laugh at his friend. You follow them not noticing the blush on Suga's face.

Sugawara clears his throat before speaking, "So, Y/n, what brought you to Japan?"

"Um..." What was the story I was supposed to tell? Oh, that's right... "My parents sent me here to experience what it was like to attend another school in a different country."

"You're here by yourself?" Daichi asked with sorrowful eyes. You tried your best to keep a smile on your face but the boys could tell you were trying to hide a sad expression.

"No, I'm here with my butler who's acting as my guardian. He's looking after me."

"Are you okay?" Sugawara asked you.

"Just fine. I just wish that my parents and little brother could be here to experience this with me."

"They stayed in America?" Daichi asked.

"Yeah... Pretty much." Your heart aches with each word you say, and each thought you have of them. I miss them so much.

"Here's the gym," Daichi announced and you immediately shoved all the depressing thoughts out of your head as your face lit up.

"Y/n! You came!" Hinata shouts excitedly after seeing you enter the gym.

You look over at him, "Hi, Hinata!"

Hinata gives you a big smile and you smile back. He reminds me so much of my little brother.

Nishinoya suddenly appears in front of you, "Y/n! I'm so glad you actually came!"

You giggle, "Hi, Nishinoya."

So cute! Nishinoya says to himself as he tries to keep himself from pouncing on you.

Daichi sighed when he saw that Hinata and Kageyama were still avoiding each other. "They still haven't made up yet."

"It's gonna take time. We just need to let them work things out," Sugawara told him.

"Did something happen between them?" You ask them.

"Not long ago they got into a big fight, and they haven't spoken to each other since," Sugawara explained.

"Hello. Who might you be?" A blonde-haired guy asks you. You assume he's the coach.

"Hello. I'm Y/n L/n. The boys said that it was alright if I watched practice."

Kiyoko walks over to you two, "I also told her that we could see about making her another manager if she wishes to become one."

"Sounds good to me, the more the merrier. I'm Coach Ukai by the way. Do you know anything about volleyball or will we have to teach you?"

"I used to be on a team in middle school, and I played some for the first two years in high school back in America."

"Awesome! You'll fit right in then," Sugawara says with a smile.

"Alright, let's start with practicing our spikes!" Coach Ukai shouted to the players.

Kiyoko looks over at you and hands you two pieces of paper. "Here's the form to sign to become the team manager, and we're getting ready to go to a week-long training camp so here's the paper for your guardian to sign so you can go too."

Wow! My first day here and already I've been invited to join the Boys Volleyball Club and go to a training camp! This is exciting! Hopefully, Danny will let me go. "Thanks!" You respond as you take the papers. You watch them start their practice as you wonder if your guardian will even let you go to this training camp, you're not sure if he'll even like the fact that you joined the volleyball club.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.4K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
135K 4.2K 45
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨πŸ’Œΰ­§β‹† Λšο½‘β‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
1M 33.6K 60
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
652K 39.8K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...