The Light of Valinor

De Cineva999

This is a short sequel to my story 'Light and Shadows' focused on the characters and their relationships afte... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Have a Merry Christmas!

Chapter 5

60 7 5
De Cineva999

A few months later, Amrod was already crawling around the house, laughing merrily and attempting to speak random words. Elven babies grew so much faster than human ones. It was common for elflings to be able to dance and sing at the age of one. Amrod was now almost 4 months old. Tauriel was keeping a close eye on him, following him like a shadow, so that he didn't get hurt or that he didn't break anything.

He was a bright, happy child, with large, curious eyes, in which small sparks like stars were visible over the serene blue. He loved exploring and was quite restless, resembling Thranduil when he was a child in both looks and character. After giving Tauriel headaches and constantly chasing after him, he would calm down as Thranduil picked him up in his arms and would tell him stories of the past, of Middle-Earth, of dragons and of dwarves. Perpahs it was Thranduil's deep, soothing voice that was making Amrod suddenly quiet and still, fascinated with what he was hearing. That's how Thranduil was putting him to sleep every night.

'You were right, he is a handful.', Tauriel spoke playfully while watering the plants, after Thranduil put Amrod to sleep and entered the room. 'I wonder who he reminds me of?' 

She looked at him with a cheeky smile. 

'I have no idea. I was always told I was a quiet child.', he replied with a similar cheeky smirk. 

'Somehow I doubt that.'

He came near her, taking the pot away from her hand and placing it down on a nearby stool. They touched each other's hands and he embraced her from behind, his body gently against hers. Tauriel closed her eyes briefly, interlacing her fingers with his and savouring his presence. 

'Soon enough I will be able to take him hunting. And teach him archery.', he spoke with a low, velvety voice.

'Or perhaps I will teach him archery and you will teach him how to wield a sword.'

'Fair enough.', Thranduil replied. 

He turned her towards him slowly, still playing with each other's hands.

'Though I doubt that swords are much useful for us anymore in this place.', Tauriel spoke again. 'But... you never know.'

He smirked at her again as if he was only half-listening, then pulled her by the hand and into his lap, as he sat on a large, kingly armchair. She surrendered, her eyes gazing upon him as his hand slipped under her dress, caressing her tight gently with his fingers. Tauriel gasped. He had a way with her that made her unable to want to resist him once he was in her proximity. He was always taking her by surprise with his presence and his touches and they were making her knees weak every damn time. 

'What if Galion comes in?', she asked absently, whispering against his cheek.

'Then I might just have to use a sword again.'

She smirked and Thranduil studied her with an intensity she was now used to, while taking one of her red tresses between his fingers.

'You would have been a great Queen. I regret not marrying you sooner.'

Tauriel looked at him clearly taken aback by his words, though she replied with a smile while caressing his hair:

'I don't. I never wanted to be Queen. I only wanted to be yours.'

She looked into his clear, blue eyes with sincerity, then leaned into a kiss, taking their time as if nothing in the world was rushing them. 

The next day, a warm sunshine was enveloping the hills and woodlands around Thranduil's house. Tauriel was in the garden, gathering leaves from the medicinal plants to make tonics and use them in cooking, when horses were heard nearby, the sounds drawing in closer. 

She smiled, recognising Legolas and Eliniel as they were approaching their house. As they unmounted, Thranduil also came out, probably having heard someone come.

'Where is Amrod?', Tauriel asked.

'With Galion.', Thranduil reassured her.

He looked towards the door as Legolas and Eliniel were now opening the gate, coming inside the garden. 

'Such a pleasant surprise.', Tauriel spoke merrily.

'Yes, you always seem to come announced.', Thranduil added with a little smirk. 'Not that I mind.'

'As we were riding in the area today and your house was not too far, we thought it was a good occasion to stop by.', Legolas replied with a smile.

Thranduil and Legolas placed their hands on their hearts as they greeted each other.

'And we wanted of course to see little Amrod again.', Eliniel said, as she and Tauriel kissed on the cheek. 

'How is he?', Legolas asked merrily.

'He is growing.', Tauriel replied. 'And getting into more trouble every day as he does.'

The two pairs went inside the house. There, they sat in the large living room, with tapestries and large armchairs. Tauriel took Amrod from Galion, who seemed a little overwhelmed and relieved to hand him over.

'I'll bring in some tea and wine.', he said. 

'Thank you, Galion.', Tauriel replied.

'There he is.', Legolas said while approaching Amrod.

Amrod smiled brightly at Legolas and extended his hands towards him. Thranduil watched with a smile as Tauriel handed Amrod to Legolas and Legolas sat him on his knee, holding him with love.

'Brother.', Amrod managed to say merrily, staring with joyful eyes at Legolas.

'That's right.', Legolas said and placed a kiss on Amrod's hair. 'Your big brother is here. Now I can spoil you as much as you want.'

'Not too much though.', Tauriel protested with a smile. 

'Shhh'., Legolas whispered with his index finger to his lips while looking at Amrod and Amrod imitated the gesture, giggling.

'So how are you two? We barely heard anything from you for the past month.', Thranduil commented while lounging on his huge armchair. 

'Well, actually we have some news for you.', Legolas replied.

'I take it that you got married?', Thranduil anticipated.

Eliniel and Legolas smiled as they glanced at each other, then Eliniel spoke with a crystalline voice:

'We are getting married in two weeks' time. We decided we wanted a ceremony and we hope you will be there.'

'Oh that's wonderful news!', Tauriel said. 'We will be delighted to be there, of course.', she added, looking at Thranduil.

'I am glad, you deserve a proper ceremony. Will you have many guests?', he asked.

'At first we thought we only wanted the closest people. But then we realised we could not exclude old friends, people I fought with, my old brother-in-arms, Eliniel's friends from Valinor and so on. So I suppose that most people who came to Amrod's party will come to our wedding, plus Eliniel's friends and family.'

'That sounds like a fairly big gathering.', Tauriel commented with a smile. 'But a wedding deserves a proper celebration. If I can help with the preparations, please let me know.'

'Oh well, I did want to ask a favor of you.', Eliniel spoke, her ivory skin turning rosy as petals. 'I was wondering if you would like to be my bridesmaid and help me prepare before the ceremony? It would be an honor if you would accept, my lady.'

'Of course I will.', Tauriel replied with kindness. 'It will be my great pleasure.'

'There, it's all settled.', Legolas said looking towards Eliniel with a smile. 'Now we just have to send the invites.'

'You can leave that with me.', Thranduil spoke. 'I am still very well-connected and Callon still has enchanted birds to use for quick communication whenever I need.'

Legolas nodded, a little surprised and grateful at the same time at Thranduil's suggestion.

'I will give you the list of people.', he then said. 

The day of the wedding arrived. Thranduil was much more excited than he wanted to let it show. He never cared about having a public wedding for himself but he somehow was very happy to witness his own son's wedding. He was finally seeing Legolas settled and happy and that filled his heart with so much joy.

He had of course taken care of the invitations as he had promised Legolas. All their old friends and all the important elves were going to be there, he made sure of it. Thranduil was dressed in a fine light blue and silver tunic made of silk. He was buttoning his sleeves while Galion was placing a fine belt around his waist, something elven royalty would wear. He looked in the mirror. All that would be missing on such an occasion for the look to be complete was a crown. He was so used to that final piece of ornament around his head but today he was going to wear none. He wasn't a king now, of course, but it was more than that. He wanted to attend the wedding of his son feeling only like himself, not as a former ruler.

In the room next to him, Tauriel was preparing Eliniel for the ceremony. She was brushing her dark hair while dividing small parts of it to braid it.

'You seemed skilled at this.', Eliniel commented.

'Sometimes I used to help woodland soldiers with their braids.', Tauriel replied, with memories of the Woodland Realm coming back to her.

She also helped Legolas with his braids on some occasions, she thought, but she chose to not disclose this part to Eliniel. 

A few small white flowers were on the table and Tauriel grabbed a few and placed them into Eliniel's hair. She felt light in her heart and happy that Legolas was also happy now with a lovely elleth that suited him so well.

Outside, tables were spread and guests were at them and around them, talking and laughing merrily. Archways of flowers were decorating the field and musicians were playing elven songs.

Thranduil was still inside the tent, with Galion fussing around him, when Legolas came in, dressed in a fine white and silver tunic worthy of a true prince. His hair was not braided anymore but was flowing freely on his shoulders and his resemblance to Thranduil was now stronger than ever.

'I see you're ready.', he commented.

'I am. That would be all, Galion, you can go and enjoy yourself now.'

Galion nodded politely.

'Sincere congratulations, my lord Legolas. I wish you nothing but happiness and joy in your marriage.', Galion spoke with a cheerful expression.

'Thank you, Galion.'

Then, their old loyal servant and friend left the tent, giving them privacy. Thranduil turned towards Legolas, scanning him quickly.

'Where is Amrod?', he asked.

'Relax. He is being spoiled between Mithrandir and the lady Galadriel.' 

Thranduil looked at him again with a little smirk upon his face.

'You look good.', he said.

'You don't look too bad yourself.', Legolas replied cheekily, walking inside the tent. 'I suppose you're ready now to socialise with all the guests?'

'Do I have to?', Thranduil replied apathetically, turning his head with a little smile to grab his wine glass. 'It's your wedding.'

'You sent the invites.', Legolas commented teasingly. 

As they went outside, a spring sunshine enveloped them. Celeborn, Galadriel, Elrond, Celebrian, Feren, Maldir, Gilros, Gimli, Frodo... All were there for the event plus many more.  As Eliniel finally appeared in a vapoury white dress, radiant and happy, Legolas took her by the hand and they walked under a large flower archway. Tauriel went next to Thranduil and took him by the hand while he was holding little Amrod's hand. They watched as Gandalf silenced the crowd and said a few words of blessing for the couple.

And so, as harps played, Legolas and Eliniel said their vows to each other, in the name of Eru, while the guests witnessed. Then, after placing their hands on each other's hearts and saying the final words, they kissed, while flower petals were being thrown at them, finally sealing their love. 

Thranduil watched, hardly believing this was truly happening. A part of him wished Ellerian was there to also witness. She would have been so happy for their son. The passing by thought made his heart sink as he held tighter Amrod's and Tauriel's hands. Then, he was pulled out of it as the celebration continued with good food, music, wine and a lot of old friends. But even as he did not think of it again, the sinking feeling in his heart remained. 

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

28.9K 951 32
Finally Veryan wasn't alone in this world. Finally he has found someone to love him. Yet, even though he want's to be with the one he truly loves, he...
604K 20.7K 44
Book I of the 'To Live Again' Saga In the modern world Clara Riley experiences a life changing event...death! Usually this means the end of living...
45.4K 1.2K 15
Tauriel and Legolas were friends for as long as they can remember. Yet they never had been honest about their feelings. Legolas soon has to marry an...
478K 25.8K 52
[A Wattpad FEATURED story!] She's been King Thranduil's close friend for a long time. But when a shocking rumor about his past comes to light, it sha...