STUPID CUPID , minho ; xo...

By tvvlip

โ› ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“พ๐“น๐“ฒ๐“ญ ๐“ฌ๐“พ๐“น๐“ฒ๐“ญ, you're a real mean guyโœ โ–ฌโ–ญ ๐“„น ๐– — ๐’พn which . . . ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜†๐—ป... More

โ CAST โž
- ( ACT ONE )
i. her person
ii. the same feelings
iii. cleansing balm
iv. enemies to lovers
v. roommate
vi. just minho
vii. honey soy chicken
ix. champagne problems
x. detention
xi. any other way
xii. no pressure
xiii. labels and studying
xiv. stupid cupid
xv. crying shame
โ tvvlip speaks - achievements โž

viii. sos

7K 206 79
By tvvlip

˖ 🎀  CHAPTER EIGHT 𐄹
❝ i'm so showing this to their kids ❞

EVELYN WOKE UP TO THE SOUND OF SIZZLING. She opened her bedroom door lazily to be greeted by the sight of Minho, who was busily cooking in the kitchen.

Minho noticed her presence and chuckled as soon as he saw her. "You are angelic in the morning."

Evelyn just stood there with furrowed eyebrows and slightly messy hair.

She saw a basket full of goodies, "Who's this from?" Evelyn pointed at it.

"My mother. Gifts are my love language." He shrugged.

"That tracks."

"Mm-hm."

Evelyn inspected the basket more, "Ooh, Pepero." She held her hand out to get the said snack, before she was hit by the spatula rather harshly.

"Hey!"

"She sent it from Los Angeles since she couldn't be here." Minho remarked, "We usually spend Chuseok together."

Evelyn pressed her lips into a thin line, "That sucks, so she'll be alone?"

Minho shook his head, "No. John Cho is having a thing." His phone vibrated in his pocket. "Oh. Lulu, about time."

Evelyn walked up to him, examining the kitchen counter, all sorts of vegetables and sauces scattered around.

She then looked at Minho, with a frown as she saw him wearing an apron on, a big cute bear designed in the middle.

"I would have never, ever see this day coming." Evelyn snorted as she looked at him, "Minho, in a cutesy bear apron."

He looked at Evelyn and rolled his eyes, covering the big bears face. "Don't speak to my bear like that."

Evelyn pulled her hair into a ponytail.

"I'm pretty sure that was a compliment." She looked at him in disbelief, receiving a scoff from Minho.

She examined the kitchen more, seeing her chicken ingredients piled by the side.

Evelyn washed her hands and grabbed her ingredients, standing beside Minho, she started placing some of the spices before speaking.

"You know, you're definitely the last person that I would expect to know how to cook." She said as she watched him cut up some onions. "And do all of this, just to help me."

He dropped the knife, watching her talk.

"There's actually someone, deep deep down there who actually cares." Evelyn commented, removing one of her gloves.

Minho scowled, "Don't try to get me on your side, I'm famously on team Dae. No matter how hard Dae wants to sway me."

"Okay." Evelyn whispered, "I just want him and Kit to get along."

"I haven't heard from him as much these days, Chuseok must be also really hard for him." Minho mumbled.

Evelyn nodded at his words, sighing as she poured oil in a pan. "And you?"

Her movements stopped, as she turned to look at Minho. "What? What about me?"

"You must be thinking about your mom too." He paused, "Alot this week."

She looked down, "Yeah, I am. But in a good way, I'm really glad to be here this year."

"Oh yeah?" Minho tilted his head slightly.

"Mhm." Evelyn nodded, "Thanks, Minho."

"You're welcome."

Silence filled the room while the two teens just kept looking at each other.

It wasn't awkward, it was comforting. It was comfortable in a way that they got to talk to each other with no bickering whatsoever.

Then Minho cleared his throat, causing the two to break away.

After a few hours, the two were still in the kitchen.

Taylor Swift music was blasting, a little muffled, in Q and Kitty's room.

When Evelyn was finally done with her chicken, she grabbed one with her gloved hand and turned to Minho. "Here, try it."

He looked at her with a questionable look.

Evelyn sighed sarcastically and raised the chicken, inches away from his lips. "Try it, Minho."

Minho looked at her, and back to the coated chicken, taking a small bite.

Suddenly, they heard a camera click.

They both turned to the noise, to see an opened door from Q and Kitty's room, Q snapping a polaroid picture of the two by the door frame with a smile, Kitty looking at the camera, a big grin plastered on her face.

"Kitty!" Evelyn exclaimed.

"Q!" Minho said simultaneously.

After the two got caught, the bolted back into the room, locking the door.

In the room, Q took the polaroid from the camera. He looked at the picture in awe.

"Let me see. Let me see!"

Kitty took the polaroid from his hands and grinned at the picture.

"I'm so showing this to their kids." Kitty said to Q.

Q grinned, "I'll be the cool uncle!"

Evelyn sighed, taking a bite of the chicken.

Minho tried to push away his thoughts, seeing her take a bite of the chicken that he took a bite as well.

"Great. Q will show that to Dae and they'll never let me live this down." Minho sighed as he continued placing sauces in the pot.

Evelyn shrugged, "At least you'll get to know what it feels now."

Minho looked at her, eyebrows raised, "Enlighten me."

"You never let me live anything down," Evelyn said, taking off her apron. "For example, the cereal and, hm, the drawer — "

"Hey! It's not my fault I found your underwear in my drawer — "

"Shh!" Evelyn exclaimed, putting a hand on his mouth. "Shut up."

Minho chuckled before removing her hands from his mouth.

"Ew." Evelyn said disgustingly, and wiped her hand on a paper towel.

She placed a plastic glove on one hand, grabbing the chicken and dipping it into the sauce. "Try it with the sauce."

Evelyn brought her hand up to Minho's mouth once again, taking a bite of the chicken.

He nodded at the taste, "Mhm, the sauce compliments the chicken well."

"Really?" Evelyn questioned as she dipped the chicken again, taking a bite of it. "Definitely."

Silence interrupted the two, the only sound was from Minho's wooden spoon while he stirred the soup.

"It must be weird to have people know about your family." Evelyn stated out of the blue.

Minho smiled, "They think they know, they don't really. That's my point."

Evelyn nodded.

"There's really only one thing that matters at the end of the day." Minho continued.

Evelyn sent him a look, "Which is what?"

"The truth."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Finally, some appreciation."

✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🎧✮

"Well, this escalated." Evelyn said, her eyes not leaving the line of people coming into the room.

"Mm-hm."

Kitty was by the doors, welcoming people awkwardly, clearly not this many people to show up.

Q and Florian walked up to them. "Wow."

"People are calling this Chin-gu-seok." Q smiled.

Evelyn tilted her head, "What?"

"It's a pun on chinggu, which means "friend," and Chuesok." Florian answered, "You started a new tradition."

"Awe." Evelyn denied, "This was all on Kitty."

Her eyes darted to the side of the room, "Oh no. Why is Professor Lee here?"

She saw that he Professor gave Kitty a weird look, Kitty grinning back awkwardly.

"Because he's sad and alone." Minho answered.

Evelyn rolled her eyes at him, "I'm pretty sure he doesn't like Kitty, and it's mutual."

She walked to her sister, "Evelyn, why is he here?!" Kitty whisper-shouted.

"I don't know." Evelyn shook Kitty, "It'll be fine, you don't have to sit with him anyway."

Kitty sighed and walked to the side of the room.

Evelyn trailed to the food table, being met by Madison, who was talking to Minho a few minutes prior.

Madison grabbed her shoulders, "He's so meosisseoyo."

Evelyn gave her a look, "I don't know what that means, but i probably disagree."

Suddenly, Kitty grabbed her and Minho, "I need one of you to sit with Lee." She whispered to the couple.

"What?"

"Sounds like a you problem."

Madison walked up to the three, whispering, "Minho. Where are you sitting?"

"With Evelyn." Minho said with no hesitation and grabbed her wrist, sitting beside Professor Lee, Evelyn on his right.

Evelyn and Kitty's eyes widened.

Evelyn was shocked and didn't have time to react, last thing she knew, she was sitting beside Minho, Kitty sitting in front of her.

"Play along." Minho whispered to her while the two sat down.

Evelyn huffed.

Kitty smirked as the two sat down, snapping back to reality. "Uh, Alex." Kitty pointed to the two seats in front of Minho and Evelyn.

"Okay."

"How about a toast, Kitty?" Q suggested.

"Okay. Thank you so much for coming, everybody." Kitty smiled to her friends, "This is my first Chuseok and from what I gather you are not supposed to do it alone. Maybe your family is thousands of miles away, like mine, or maybe you don't really have a family, or maybe you just really like school, no judgement."

The group erupted into laughter. "Whatever the reason, I'm grateful we all have somewhere to be today and for this chance to honor all our ancestors."

"So, hearts a toast." Kitty grabbed a glass. "To all of those who came before us." Kitty smiled, looking at Evelyn, who gave her a grin back. "Cheers."

"Cheers."

Evelyn's glass clanked with the others.

"Could you pass me the japchae?" Evelyn said bossily.

Minho chuckled at her, "No please?" He said sarcastically then turned to the other side of the table, grabbing the japchae.

Evelyn grabbed a good amount, twirling it in her fork and taking a bite, "Mm, Wow, Minho, surprisingly, this tastes good." I said, savoring the taste.

"Of course, why wouldn't it tase good? I made it." He spoke back, praising himself. "You like my japchae, I like your chicken."

Most of the night, Evelyn chatted with friends, talking about anything and getting to know each other.

"I'm off," Minho stood up after a few hours, "to fulfill my destiny."

"Can't wait to read about it tomorrow." Q winked.

Before he went out of sight, Evelyn spoke up, "Wait, you're leaving?"

"Hello, hot date with a pop star?" He answered. "Later sasaeng." Minho said as he patted Evelyn's head.

Evelyn rolled her eyes at him, feeing a presence sit beside her. It was Professor Alex.

The Covey siblings exchanged looks.

A few hours passed, Evelyn was sitting awkwardly on her seat. Q by her right, and Kitty on her left.

She, Q and Kitty exchanged looks, watching as their Professors converse in front of them.

"This is why I never had children." Professor Lee muttered.

Alex stood up uncomfortably, "Excuse me."

Evelyn followed his retreating figure. Her phone suddenly vibrating repeatedly.

Evelyn grabbed her phone from her pocket,

minho 😐

7:57

minho 😐
EVELYN!!!
SOS!!!!
THISS IS YOUR FAULT.

evelyn 😐
???

minho 😐
HELP ME.
NOW.
seen

Evelyn furrowed her eyebrows at his messages.

✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🎧✮

She walked down the long stairway to the sidewalk. "Minho?"

Evelyn reached the bottom, "Minho, where are you?"

Her eyes darted through the path walk, looking for a certain raven haired boy.

Minho's head popped out from the bushes, "What the hell did you put in those potatoes?"

"What?" Evelyn raised her eyebrows at him, "What potat — Oh."

Evelyn made her dad's mashed potato recipe last minute, as she still had enough ingredients to make the said recipe. "Lots of lactose." She trailed off, "Milk, cheese.."

Minho groaned as she said the ingredients one by one, "God."

What Evelyn did next, wanted Minho to dig up a hole in the ground and stay there forever.

Evelyn chuckled, covering her mouth as she did so, "Have you seen Minho, Poopy baby?" She said through laughs.

"Shut up."

Minho's eyes, spotted a car from behind her, "That's Lulu. You have to get rid of her. She can't see me like this."

Evelyn turned around. "If her fans find out, I'm done for."

Evelyn just stood there, dumbfounded.

"Do something. You owe me, Covey." Minho said furiously.

"Okay! Okay!"

"Oh! But don't ruin this for me, keep her interested." Minho exclaimed.

"How?" Evelyn crossed her arms.

He hummed, "I don't know — just do something."

She groaned at him, turning to the car.

The car door slammed shut, "Minny. I'm here!" Lulu said, looking around.

"Hey, Lulu, right?" Evelyn asked, "Minho's running behind."

Lulu gave her a look, "Who are you?"

"Um," Evelyn cleared her throat "I'm Minho's assistant..?" She said, more of a question.

"Why isn't he here, then?" Lulu said, intrigued.

Evelyn pulled out her phone, pretending to look for something. "Oh! He didn't come here since he had to um, go to the gym, you know? To get pumped up." Evelyn said smugly.

"He forgot that he was gonna see you tonight. He's working on his... abs, for you." Evelyn chuckled.

"Gym, at this hour?" Lulu didn't buy it.

Evelyn had to come up with something, "It's his routine, he focuses a lot more at night." She trailed off.

Lulu flipped one side of her hair back, "You tell Minho i'll be back at 6:00 tomorrow night."

Evelyn nodded. "He better clear the rest of his schedule."

"When he has a night with me, his schedule will be packed, and he won't be seeing anyone else." Lulu smirked, "Okay."

Lulu got back into her car, and drove away.

As soon as the car was out of sight, Evelyn released her breath that she didn't know was holding.

"You're a genius!" Evelyn turned back to the bush. "I could hug you right now."

"Ew. Please, no. Bye." She smiled sarcastically, leaving Minho to deal with his problem on his own.

She saw Kitty and Professor Alex, talking by the entrance.

"My mom? Our mom?" Evelyn heard while she got closer to the pair, "And Lee?"

"What about mom and Lee?" Evelyn asked when she reached the pair.

"Our mom?!" Alex exclaimed, looking between the two siblings.

✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🎧✮ | tvvlip speaks !
luv this chapter since it's mostly
evinho (??) moments. someone think
of a better shipname im- 😞😞
btw,, get ready for the start of next chapter 😈
ps I LOVE KITTY AND EVELYN SM 🩷

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 7.1K 33
๐’๐–๐„๐„๐“ ๐‡๐Ž๐Œ๐„ ๐…๐… ||แด›สœแด‡ สŸแด€sแด› แด›สœษชษดษข แด›สœแด€แด› แดแด€แด‡ sแดแดแดŠษชษด แด‡xแด˜แด‡แด„แด›แด‡แด… ษชษด สœแด‡ส€ ส™แดส€ษชษดษข สŸษชา“แด‡ ษชs แด›แด ษขแด‡แด› สŸแดแด„แด‹แด‡แด… ษชษด สœแด‡ส€ แด€แด˜แด€ส€แด›แดแด‡ษดแด› ส™แดœษชสŸแด…ษชษดษข แดกษชแด›สœ ส™สŸแดแดแด…แด›สœษชส€sแด›ส แดแด...
36K 445 21
My heartbeat fastened as I closed my eyes when he leaned closer, He retreated before saying. "The rain has stopped." Highest ranking.. #2 - xokittym...
327K 8K 16
Seoul. A place my parents had met. A place I was willing to go to. My parents had raised me in Portland, Oregon and I always felt away from everythin...
34.6K 507 11
" ๐’€๐’๐’–'๐’“๐’† ๐’‚๐’ ๐‘จ๐’”๐’”๐’‰๐’๐’๐’†, ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐‘ฐ ๐’๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’–. " ๐‘ต๐’๐’˜ ๐’‘๐’๐’‚๐’š๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ... ๐‘ป๐’“๐’–๐’† ๐‘ณ๐’๐’—๐’†(๐’‡๐’†๐’‚๐’•. ๐‘ณ๐’Š๐’๐’๐’š ๐‘จ๐’๐’๐’†๐’) ๐‘ด๐’Š๐’ ๐‘ฏ...