The Potter Clan's Vengeance

By _Black__Dragon__

Thomas potter is the "Boy-Who-Lived." His fame and future named by the beloved wizard of the light, Albus Dum... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1 : The Fateful Night
Chapter 2 : Potter's History
Chapter 3 : Gringotts , revelations to blocks placed by A.P.W.B
Chapter 4 : Preperation for Schooling
Chapter 5 : Schooling in black manor, confrontations
Chapter 6 : End of schooling , Duel
Chapter 7 : Shopping
Chapter 8 : Confrontations
Chapter 9 : Surprises, Loving care
Chapter 10 : Pottersville & Bannermen
Chapter 11 : Hogwarts , Sorting
Chapter 12 : Confrontations with Parents
Chapter 13 : Confrontations with Brother , Classes
Chapter 14 : Troll in Hogwarts
Chapter 15 : Christmas Reconciliations
Chapter 16 : Philosophers Stone I
Chapter 17 : Philosophers Stone II
Chapter 18 : Confrontations with Foe
Chapter 19 : Afternath & end of the year
Chapter 20 : Dueling championship, Darkest time in Potter's History
Chapter 21 : Dumbledore you have messed up!! Reunion
Chapter 22 : Start of second year , Dumbledore!! Flying Car!
Chapter 23 : Finding Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 24 : Chamber of Secrets, Revelation as Heir of Slytherin and Gryffindor
Chapter 25 : Salazar Slytherin's letter and heir of Darkness!!
Chapter 26 : Gryffindor Castle
Chapter 27 : Godric Gryffindors life and Godric Gryffindors journal
Chapter 28 : Family Meeting and Guilt
Chapter 29 : Marriage Contract!
Chapter 30 : Beginning of 3rd year
Chapter 31 : 3rd year II
Chapter 32 : Wizengamot, Date!
Chapter 33 : Date! End of the year
Chapter 34 : World cup
Chapter 35 : 4th year I
Chapter 36 : Triwizard tournament I
Chapter 37 : Tournament {Task - 1}
Chapter 38 : Yule Ball
Chapter 39 : 2nd Task I
Chapter 40 : 2nd Task II
Chapter 41 : 3rd Task I
Chapter 42 : 3rd Task II
Chapter 43 : Peverell Ghost! Death of Hadrian Potter
Chapter 44 : Attack on Diagon Alley.
Chapter 45 : Death of Charlus Potter?
Chapter 46 : Return of Ancients.
Chapter 47 : Return of Ancients {Pt. 2}. Death of pink toad.
Chapter 48 : Assault on Daphne.
Chapter 49 : Secret Saviour!?
Chapter 50 : Harry in Potter's Castle
Chapter 51 : History of Peverells
Chapter 52 : Gaunt shack, Revenge
Chapter 53 : Harry at Grimmauld Place
Chapter 54 : Grindelwald's End
Chapter 55 : Hogwarts Revamped I
Chapter 56 : Hogwarts Revamped II
Chapter 57 : The end of 78th Potter Lord
Chapter 59 : Battle of Hogwarts (II), Potters Banner!
Chapter 60 : Battle of Hogwarts III, Endgame. The end of Voldemort!?
Chapter 61 : Afternath of war
Chapter 62 : Honours!
Chapter 63: Epilogue!

Chapter 58 : Battle of Hogwarts (I)

4.7K 142 20
By _Black__Dragon__

Chapter 58

Albus Dumbledore was sitting alone in the vast expanse of the Great Hall, he began his brunch of eggs and kippers when a brilliant flash and a thunderous concussion shook the entire castle.

Dumbledore stood swiftly, listening closely. He didn't wait long before it happened again, this time it was followed by the echoed screams of frightened students throughout the castle.

"So, it finally begins." the headmaster spoke softly.

~HOGWARTS PRESIDENT'S OFFICE~

Lily, James, Thomas, Black, Greengrass, Longbottom, and Malfoy were in Lily's office talking about the progress of Hogwarts renovations.

"What the hell is that?!" James shouted as the room began shaking. Before anyone could answer, an owl patronus flew into the room and stopped before Lily. Most recognized it as Flitwick's patronus.

"The castle is under attack!" The charms master's voice echoed from the patronus, "It's Voldemort." The owl disappeared, the room quiet as they realize the gravity of the situation. The Dark Lord is coming for them.

"Well, shit." Rigel shook his head before turning to the group,

"Anyone who is fighting, get ready. Anyone who is not, focus on healing and getting the others to safety."

"Pup, this is Voldemort and his army we're talking about, you expect to beat him with children?!" Sirius exclaimed.

"No, I expect to stall him, along with the various witches and wizards capable of fighting, until Harry and the Potter's army can get here because trust me, Harry will come back. We just need to stall them until then. Daphne, contact Harry however you can, let him know what's happening so he can hurry the fuck up. Uncle James, tell Lord Smith to hurry up before we end up dead. Meanwhile, the rest of you, do as I fucking said! We're about to go to war!"

____________________________________________________________________________

"Follow me, please," Minerva McGonagall urged the frantic group of students. She led them to the Great Hall where the evacuation was to begin. Just as planned, the heads of the house had gone and collected their charges. Once they were in the great hall they would be separated by year and taken out of the castle.

As they walked hurriedly down the staircases, the castle shook around them. The prefects helped to keep everyone moving while McGonagall tried her very best to school her features. She knew that if she appeared frightened, her young charges might panic, which would make things far more difficult than they already were.

The castle shook again, the Death Eaters using whatever they could to break the protective wards. Dumbledore's voice could be heard instructing students to gather by year as Minerva led her students into the Great Hall. As she entered the Great Hall she saw seven groups converging. She noted that Flitwick was collecting first years close to the doorway.

"Alright." McGonagall turned to the Gryffindors behind her, "You are to gather with your fellow classmates by year. First Years are to go with Professor Flitwick, hurry along now. The rest of you find your groups and await instructions. Quietly please."

The Gryffindors broke off to find their year mates and wait for instructions while McGonagall joined Dumbledore at the Head table. The old man appeared engrossed in peering over a map of Hogwarts.

"What is that?" She asked.

"A most ingenious map of the school. It was loaned to me by Sirius Black. With this map, we can observe the entirety of the school and find which halls are clear and which should be avoided. As you can see, nearly everyone is here now. Filius should take the first years to the seventh floor now and get them out through the passageway."

Dumbledore stood and waved at the tiny professor who gave a curt nod and ordered the youngsters to follow him swiftly. Dumbledore turned back to the map to observe their progress.

"Has anyone been notified yet?" McGonagall asked.

"Fawkes has been sent with messages. We should be hearing from our people..."

Just as he says this, the Potters' and their allies barged into the room.

"Ah, very good." Dumbledore smiled.

"Minerva, would you be so kind as to go to the Ravenclaw common room and get Amos Diggory and his lot? If you would also send Pomona to the Hufflepuff common room. Thank

you."

McGonagall hurried off to accomplish her tasks, leaving a sullen headmaster behind. Dumbledore knew that there was no way they would win this battle without Hadrian Potter and his friends.

____________________________________________________________________________

Voldemort felt weak, even with his horcrux so close to him, his magic was being exhausted.

"Damn Hadrian Potter for making these wards so bloody strong." He muttered to himself. He was using some of his strongest work to break through the protective wards. It looked like it had several layers of wards which had been crafted beautifully. In fact, the layers of wards looked like they were created by different families' magic crafted together.

"Damn Potter."

He was close to breaking through, he knew it. He only hoped his strength would hold out a little longer. Once the wards were broken, he could send his armies into the grounds while he went back to their camp to rest.

He waved his wand in another series of intricate patterns, mumbling softly before unleashing the full might of the spell. With a loud rumble and a brilliant flash of light, Voldemort felt the small part of the wards collapse. This was enough for some of his death eaters to get inside and attack while they wait for the others to break the wards further. He gave a satisfied smile and turned to his waiting armies.

He felt exhausted and drained of all his energy, yet he knew he had to remain the picture of power to maintain the loyalty of his followers. He had to rest and then bring the remaining wards down, or he could use a sacrificial ritual that he had seen in some book.

"I want the Potters and their allies brought before me." He spoke clearly, falsely projecting an image of strength.

"Any who surrender are to be spared and taken prisoner. Those who resist are to be made examples of. Go forth my legions, and present them a demonstration of my wrath!"

A giant, werewolves, hags, and a few Death Eaters surged onto the grounds of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Voldemort watched them for a moment before he retired to his camp.

____________________________________________________________________________

The order members had just arrived on Hogwarts Grounds and began walking towards the castle when they saw death eaters barge in.

"I don't understand," one member said, "why is he attacking now?"

"Simple," Moody replied, "Charlus and Arcturus are gone and from what I've heard, Potter has disappeared to god knows where. His two biggest problems are out of the way with the third being Dumbledore, who he thinks to be weak. The rest of us are just minor irritations for him."

"Damn, I hope Potter hurries back," Kingsley muttered.

"Don't worry Shack," Tonks replied, "we'll be fine...probably...maybe...po..."

"I get it." Kingsley cut her off.

"Up ahead!" Moody barked and raised his wand as they saw two death eaters aim their wands at them. "Wands down! Now!"

"Make us!" The death eaters roared back.

Any further response was cut off by a black arrow-shaped lightning that struck both of their wands out of their hands. The death eaters' heads snapped in the direction the arrow came from... only for both of them to receive a lightning arrow to the chest. Rigel strode out of a hallway, his wand in his hand, dressed in his green jacket.

"You all alright?" Rigel asked concern lacing his voice.

"We're good," Kingsley nodded as they lowered their wands.

"Follow me," Daphne ordered as she lead various students to the great hall with Rosy behind her. Now that Lily spent most of her time in Hogwarts, Rosy would hang out with Daphne more often.

"Oh, we're going to die," Ron kept whispering to himself, "We're going to die."

"Someone slap him," Daphne ordered without looking back.

SLAP!

"Ow!"

"Thank you," Daphne said, some satisfaction evident in her voice.

"You're welcome!" Came the voice of Neville Longbottom.

"Why are we following her again?" Zacharias Smith asked out loud.

"One, I'm perfect," Daphne replied, "Two because you don't have anyone else who is taking charge."

"I could..."

"You don't have anyone competent taking charge." Daphne cut him off, "Three, the adults are busy and I'm saving them time, and four because I'm the best here"

"No, you're not," Hermione said.

"My grades say otherwise, Granger." Daphne sent her a sweet smile before turning back to the front.

"Besides I'm the best fighter out of all of us."

"No, you're not!" Ron contradicted.

"Oh look," A voice called, the group stilled as they saw three death eaters standing in front of them, "Such pretty children."

"Ah, I agree," Another death eater...agreed

"Yeah, I wonder what they..." The third death eater was cut off by a banishing spell that sent him crashing into a wall as the other two looked at him in shock. They turned, only for a blindfold to appear on one and a metal spike to pierce the other's shoulder. The blindfolded one was banished into a wall while the one who was attacked with the spike was hit with a body bind and a stunner before another spike hit him in the other shoulder.

The whole group of students stared at Daphne in shock as Daphne just kept on walking. Eventually, the other students snapped out of their daze and followed.

"That was amazing!" Rosy whispered to Daphne.

"Thank you, sweetie," Daphne said as she kissed her on the head.

"That was amazing Daph!" Astoria said.

"Yeah, where the hell did you learn all of that?" Tracy asked.

"Hadrian Potter is my boyfriend," Daphne pointed out, "You can't really help learning these things."

____________________________________________________________________________

"Alright, listen up," Fenrir Greyback ordered the death eaters in his squadron, "We go in and kill anyone not on our side, quick and fast, understand?"

"Hello boys," A voice called out, echoing in the silence that followed.

The group of death eaters turned to see three people standing in front of them. James Potter, Sirius Black, and Remus Lupin. The three stood with James in the middle, Sirius on his right, and Remus standing on his left.

"Welcome to Hogwarts!" Sirius said in a cheery voice.

"A brilliant place," James added.

"Indeed," Remus agreed, "A place where all of your dreams can come true!"

"Unless you're a death eater," James said.

"Or ugly," Sirius added.

"Or smelly," Remus added.

"Unfortunately," The three spoke together, "You prats are all three."

"Ah look," Greyback chuckled, "it's Potter's dad and his nitwit uncles!"

"Does he mean that I and Remus are nitwits? Or does he mean that we're the only nitwits and

you are the smart one?" Sirius asked James.

"Well, isn't he right?" James shrugged.

"Laugh it up Prongs, tomorrow you'll find all your precious little brooms destroyed."

"Even the new one?!" James asked with horror covering his face

"Especially the new one." Sirius smiled evilly.

"You sick son of a bitch." James cursed.

"Yeah well...hold on, my father or my mother?"

"Your mother," James answered.

"That's alright then," Sirius replied.

"Excuse me," Greyback interrupted.

"Oh right, these idiots." James turned back to them, "If you don't mind me asking, how did you get into Hogwarts?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Greyback sneered.

"Why yes, I would," James nodded.

"If you want me to tell, then you're going to have to make me."

"I'm fine with that," James grinned, not his usual grin, his 'something bad is about to happen' grin.

"Boys?"

"Me too," Sirius smirked as all three drew their wands.

"I call dibs on the big dog," Remus said.

"Fine with us!" James stepped forward, "Boys, let's show them why we are the best of our time."

The three marauders fired their wands and their battle began.

"Come on," Lily said as she helped the teachers guide the other teachers and students away to the great hall.

"Oh, Lily," McGonagall said as she approached the redhead, "I've activated the castle defenses, the knights will fight with us tonight."

"That's brilliant, what about the centaurs?" Lily asked.

"They've agreed to fight on our side," Flitwick replied, "Oh but Lily, they've got trolls and giants on their side. Even dragons!"

"Dragons?!" Lily exclaimed.

"At least ten," Snape said, "The last few times I had spied, I learned that the Dark Lord had his followers prepare dragons. He can't control them, but he can at the very least direct them. We have no proof that he will use them today but it would be a good idea to be prepared just in case."

"Alright look, one problem at a time, the first is how are these death eaters getting in here? Weren't the wards impregnable?"

"I don't know," McGonagall admitted.

____________________________________________________________________________

"Duck, duck!" Sirius cried out.

"What are you on about?" The death eater he was battling replied, shortly before a giant rubber

duck landed on him.

"Duck," Sirius grinned, "Ah, that never gets old. How are you doing prongs?"

"Brilliant," James said as he banished one death eater into another, causing the second to fly back into a wall. James followed up with a stunner to a third death eater and a bone breaker to a fourth, all before blocking against a fifth and then sending a wolf to attack the aggressor. "How's Remus doing?"

"Well..." Sirius looked over to see his friend firing spell after spell at Greyback, "I don't think he'd object to some help."

"Excellent," James grinned and the two rushed over to join Remus, together the marauders overwhelmed the werewolf.

Greyback sensed he was losing and decided to stop using magic, he charged at the three, dodging their spells, and swiped at Sirius who dodged before he grabbed James by the neck with both hands and raised him in the air. James struggled for a few seconds before he managed to send a kick between Greyback's legs, causing the wolf to loosen his grip. Remus and Sirius sent a bone breaker at each of his hands causing Greyback to roar in pain as he released James' throat.

James didn't waste any time as he quickly banished him into a wall, summoned his sword, and beheaded him. Thus ending the terror of Greyback.

"You alright Moony?" James asked.

"Never better," Remus grinned.

Moody stomped into the dining hall and watched as the young men and women were checking their supplies and fastened their shielded cloaks in preparation. He hadn't felt pride like this since he had been a young graduate of the Auror Academy so long ago. These young people carried a great weight upon their shoulders. All the hopes and prayers of their world now hung on their actions.

Moody saw the same looks of hope and fear on the youngsters now. He knew what they were feeling, and secretly wished they didn't have to do what was needed. No young person should have to, and yet these youngsters had proven beyond any doubt that they were not only willing to make the sacrifices that might be asked, but they were more than capable of putting up a very good fight. Moody only hoped it would be enough.

"No matter what happens," Ron said to Thomas, "I'm very happy to call you my friend."

"Ron, you're more than my friend." Thomas smiled, "You're family. You're all my family."

"I'm very honored to be with you all today," Tracey said, tears burning her eyes, "I could never have dreamt of knowing such great people."

"You've all shown me real kindness, and compassion. You've looked past my absurtity and accepted me into your lives. I thank you and love you all." Luna smiled, wiping at her eyes.

"Alright," Moody grunted, "There'll be time for speeches later on." He moved forward to where Dumbledore and the other adults were standing.

More and more people, members of the Order of the Phoenix, Ministry people loyal to Minister

Amelia Bones, and allies from all over, still came pouring into the Great Hall.

"May I have your attention?" Dumbledore called out, "Fifth years are to follow Professor Sprout to the Seventh floor."

"NO!" An angry voice rang out among the fifth-year students. A thin, pretty redhead stepped into view. Her brown eyes were fiery with rage and there was a long bright pink scar upon her right cheek.

"I am not running from these maniacs. Not anymore. I am staying and fighting." Ginny Weasley hollered.

"Ginny, please." Ron began, but she cut him off.

"Look what they did to me. What HE did to me. I have more rights than anyone. I'm not leaving. Not without taking a few of them out first."

"Absolutely not!" Cried, Molly Weasley. She and Arthur had just arrived along with Bill, the twins, and to the surprise of many, Charlie Weasley.

"You are going home, where it is safe," Molly said with finality.

"No, I am not, mother. I will not sit by waiting for word that you're all ok, or you've been killed. I am as capable as all of you and will not leave your side. If you send me home, I will only come back. I'll take a broom or whatever I need to get back here."

"Mom?" Charlie said, softly placing a hand on his mother's arm, "She should stay. She can stay with me. I'll keep her safe."

Molly heaved a great sigh and looked into her son's bright eyes.

"You keep her with you at all times, and watch out for her." She waved for all of her family to come closer.

"All of you." She spoke with great seriousness as her eyes spilled tears. "You all watch out for each other. You be careful and come out of this alive. I love each and every one of you, and I do not wish to be saying goodbye."

They all entrapped the matriarch in a giant hug, which only served to make Molly sob harder.

"Fifth Years, If you would please follow..." Dumbledore began, trying to take attention away from the family scene.

He didn't finish, however. He looked at the fifth-year students, all with determination brimming from within their eyes. He looked at the sixth and seventh years, seeing the same conviction plain on their faces. Clearly, the evacuation was finished. There was no way he would be able to get any of the remaining students to safety.

"Alright," Dumbledore said, albeit a bit sadly.

"But you are to follow orders precisely when given." Dumbledore was stopped from going on when the castle gave a great shudder. The Headmaster turned to look around as Lily groaned from the wave of magic she felt.

"The wards have fallen." He realised, before this, only a portion of the ward had been breached which was enough to allow a minimum number of people inside the grounds. Now, no wards were protecting the castle and the full might of Voldemorts army could make their way inside.

Before Dumbledore could say anything, a snap echoed in the great hall. To his surprise, the wards were back up protecting the castle with even more powerful magic flowing through them. The Death eaters, giants, and werewolves who were yet to reach the castle were pushed back outside the wards.

"Seriously Dumbles, I knew you were insane but I thought that small vacation which I graciously allowed, did some magic to your old saggy.... and you were saner now but I was wrong as you insane mother... were about to let children who have no experience in battlefield fight against thousands of criminals. Not to mention now that Gaultier was with Voldy and Grindelwald supporters have joined him," Hadrian mocked Dumbledore as he waltzed inside the Great hall. Strangely, the doors closed behind him and a hiss was heard outside the doors. 

Review Please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 41.5K 72
Evelyn Potter was the girl-who-lived, or so they thought. Harry was the true boy-who-lived, who beat Voldemort. After being dumped by Lily and James...
714K 17.2K 33
Harry James Potter has a brother named, Jacob Lilly Potter who is declared Boy-who-lived after that fateful Halloween night. But what happens when Du...
570K 12.7K 15
Lily and James Potter had two boys "born as the seventh month dies". The oldest was Evan James Charlus Potter. And the youngest was Hadrian Sirius Or...
23.5K 815 29
In his fifth year, Harry Potter met his parents when they travelled 20 years forward in time. Now everything has changed. The Second Wizarding War is...