Close To You | Sam Carpenter

By wvttpxd

In which Mabel Kincaid moves to New York for college. And quickly become friends with her next door neighbor... More

Prologue - Part I
00
01
02
03
04
06
Prologue - Part II
00
01

05

1.5K 51 8
By wvttpxd

"...I'm just really good at my job. You'll get there." Said Gale walking ahead of everyone.

Kirby rolled her eyes as she followed her.

"I think you make a great FBI agent." Said Mabel immediately following Kirby closely. "You're doing amazing."

It was Sam's turn to roll her eyes as she followed the two. Ever since Kirby came back she only had eyes for her. And it was starting to seriously annoy her.

Gale opened the huge gate and they all entered a darkened room.

"What is this place ? What's with all the security ?" Sam asked stepping forward.

The lights came on and Tara was the first to answer. "It's a movie theater."

"It's not just a theater." Gale took a dramatic break. "It's a shrine." 

A curtain opened with a sharp creak and everyone came forward to find out what was there. Ghostfaces dresses, on mannequins all lined up in a semicircle on the stage.

"They've got the whole goddamn fanchise." Mindy said walking in front of the others.

Mabel begins to move forward and observe as well. She trailed her finger on a window displaying behind her father's badge when he was still a detective at the Los Angeles Police Department. And a drawing of him holding a gun.

She looked up and saw Kirby from afar staring at a mannequin in Jill's outfit on the night of the events. She walked over too, and saw a gun and a knife next to two bloody floor pictures from two different places.

"Is that-" "The knife that I was stabbed with." She said softly with tears in her eyes before quickly leave.

"You all have been through so much." Bailey said while nodding her head looking specifically at the blonde who walked away from anything to do with the events of 2011.

Mabel's eyes lit up as she saw the drawings of Jill. It had been so long since she had been able to see his face. The image she had in her head was starting to fade, and internally she was afraid to forget about Jill. No matter what she had done, she would remain her cousin. And she blamed herself for missing her so much, but she couldn't help it.

"Mabel." Someone grabbed her shoulder and she jumped immediately.

"Wow calm down it's just me." Ethan said pulling his hand away.

Mabel sighed and turned to him. "What do you want ?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to know if you were okay." He says looking away scratching the back of his neck. "How's your leg ?"

"How do you know my leg is damaged ?" She snapped and Ethan gulped at her question.

She rolled her eyes. "You know what I don't care, you'll probably find another good excuse, again."

She moved away from the boy leaving him no time to answer.

"Just drop it Sam." Tara muttered before heading quickly towards the stairs.

Kirby arrived and immediately followed her, turning slightly to Sam with a reassuring nod. "I got her."

"But wait Kirby-" Mabel followed her and stopped in front of the stairs before sighing.

She turned around and noticed Sam's presence. "Yeah-I'm just gonna-you know-"

She pointed at the entrance of the shrine awkwardly and quickly passed in front of her to start walking around the other side.

"Mabel ?" Sam called her when she was halfway.

"Yeah ?" She stops to turn around.

Sam looked at the girl and immediately started to feel bad again. The weight of guilt on her chest grew heavier and her heart began to clench just at the sight of the scars on her face. "Nothing, sorry."

"I don't think it's nothing you-" "Mabel just leave please." She cut her off, snapping slightly causing Mabel to frown.

"You said we knew each other before. So why are you so mean to me ?" She asked, tilting her head to the side trying to figure out what the look on Sam's face meant.

"I'm not mea-" "You are. I can't remember an interaction the two of us had without you rolling your eyes at me." Mabel interrupted, moving towards her.

"You don't understand." Sam shook her head as she took a step back.

"Make me understand then." Mabel added as she continued to move forward. "You are hiding something from me. I know it."

"Why would you be the only one making an effort ? You don't remember me." She responded by rolling her eyes then scoffing before turning around to try and walk away. "That's your problem. Not mine."

Mabel felt something slowly invade her as she clenched her fist turning her knuckles white. She had reached such a level of frustration that she felt like she could explode at any moment.

She had always put up with all of Sam's behavior towards her. She was always so rude to her and Mabel tried to give her time because she could understand that her trust couldn't be earned like that.

But now she was acting offended that she didn't remember her. And when she asked for more explanation, she ran away ? Mabel was more than fed up.

Maybe it was because of the frustration she had felt towards the girl for months. Or stress with Ghostface attacks. Or just her anger. But Mabel violently grabbed Sam by the upper arm to turn her around and face her.

Sam opened her eyes wide when she saw Mabel's darkened eyes on her. She felt a heat rise to her cheeks as she felt how close they were. They were too close.

"If that's my problem. Then say why do you seem to be the only one bothered by the fact that I don't remember you ?" She slipped in a low voice, tightening her grip on her arm, digging her fingers into her skin.

"My problem is that you can't solve yours. And I have to pay a price for your problems with me without even knowing what I've done." She added, leaning down to emphasize her words and Sam swallowed slowly trying to keep her composure.

"So now are you going to explain yourself or are you going to stay silent again and act shitty towards me for no reason ?" She finally said.

"Get off me." Sam spat looking up at Mabel trying to keep her gaze on her eyes.

"Don't act like that with me." She spat back. "I know you're not as tough as you pretend to be, Samantha."

Sam's pupils immediately dilated, there was something about the way the girl pronounced her name that made her shiver down her spine.

Mabel released slowly her arm and ran a frustrated hand through her hair to brush back her bangs looking away with a heavy breath. "And don't roll your eyes at me, please."

She didn't have time to answer that Gale suddenly arrived behind Mabel, who at her sight huffed and immediately left to return to the shrine.

Sam watched her leave before refocusing on Gale.

"That seemed intense..."

✭ ✭ ✭

Mabel tilted her head over Kirby's shoulder to look at the screen, and Kirby turned to her slowly with an raised eyebrow.

She raised both hands in defense and stepped back to sit back in her place behind her. And the blonde continued to type.

"Kirby can I-" "No." She cut her off not taking her eyes off the screen.

"But-" "Mabel. I said no." She interrupted her again, stopping typing to turn around slightly.

She crossed her arms and sighed before putting her lollipop back in her mouth.

"So, we're really doing the phone tracing thing ?" Mindy asked sarcastically. "That never works in the movies."

She explains how the killer always ends up hanging up before we get him while Chad moves his head and hands in time with her words.

"I can trace a call in under 15 seconds." Kirby said before turning around, nodding rather confidently.

Mindy and Chad raised their eyebrows at her response. Mabel was about to add something but Kirby pushed the lollipop back into her mouth to shut her up.

"Well-" She sat up, lifting her feet off the table. "You've got them out their as a bait."

"Because the killer usually calls from somewhere nearby." She justifies herself.

"And you think they're safe 'cause it's broad daylight in a public place." She retorted.

"Look I'm here, okay ? And so is Bailey." She assured and Mabel nodded, reaching for the bottle of Mountain Dew next to Kirby.

"This is exactly how our uncle Randy died. Broad daylight, public place, yanked into a van. Stab Stab Stab. No more Randy." She said aggressively and Kirby stared at her speechless.

Mabel opened the bottle which made a noise that echoed throughout the van. And Ethan handed his Cheetos to Chad who was staring at Kirby and Mindy with a weird face.

Finally Sam got the call. And Kirby fidgeted in her seat before she started typing quickly again.

"He's on the Upper West Side. He's inside an apartment building, halfway across the city."

"On West 96th ?" We can heard Tara ask on the other end of the line

"How do you know that ?" Asked Kirby.

"Gale."

✭ ✭ ✭

"Mabel are you okay-" Ethan was cut by the girl's fist, which crashed into his jaw.

Everyone gasped and Anika and Mindy quickly got up to try to pull her away from the boy.

"I know it's you !" She knelt down to his level and gave him a huge punch that turned his head the other way.

"You're fucking dead !" She yelled continuing to hit him as Mindy and Anika tried to hold her back as best they could.

"What the fuck Mabel I didn't do anything !" He shouted back, protecting himself with his hands.

Chad got up from his seat and grabbed Mabel by the shoulder but she spat on Ethan before kicking him in the chin knocking him unconscious.

Sam and Tara looked at each other and got up to help them seeing Chad and Anika struggling, Mindy having given up.

"I don't care about your fucking Econ ! You weren't at that class and you know it ! Now don't you dare touch Gale one more time or I'll kill you !" She screamed as she struggled to get out of her friends' arms.

Seeing that they won't stop holding her until she calms down. Mabel stopped struggling. She took a deep breath and felt tears well up in her eyes. She felt the arms around her loosen their grips and she quickly pulled away from them before immediately storming out of the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 1.1K 13
Mister Y/n Prescott had been through a lot growing up and yet, unlike his sister, he couldn't bring himself to leave Woodsborro so instead, he stayed...
16.6K 536 23
do you really think I could be the killer? the woodsboro's murders doesn't seem to stop,as another ghostface killer is tracking the core five.will no...
5.2K 148 17
A SCREAM STORY SLOW UPDATES tara carpenter x dakota pierce "She's gonna kill me She has gotta a gun behind her back And I gotta feeling That I'm g...
23.7K 379 18
Tatum Riley is the teenage daughter of Gale Weathers and Dewey Riley. She's named after her dad's dead sister. She loved the name and all the stories...