A Leap of Faith (Miles Morale...

By Psycho_Bacon31

Seeing as the new movie came out, I decided make my own story with Miles. Because I know Everyone is going af... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (NEW MOVIE SPOLIERS START HERE โš ๏ธ)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 3

2.8K 84 122
By Psycho_Bacon31

Y/n woke up startled As pounding on their door was heard. They jumped up and fell out of their bed as the fought with their blanket for a moment.

"OW-FUCK!!" Y/n hissed, before getting up with a not so happy face. They ripped open their door, and tiredly stared at their very excited brother.

"Y/n!! Good morning!!" John greeted as he pulled
Y/n's hand out of their room. This was...strange. Who the hell replaced John? And why is this imposter in their apartment.

"Ok...what is happening..." Y/n said suspiciously gazing at their supposed brother.

"What? Can't a guy be happy?" John pouted, before smiling again, "My boss finally let his workers have a break for the weekend!!"

"Wait- For real?!" Y/n smiled. John hasn't had a break in years!! No wonder he's excited!!

"Yes!! So, that means we can hang out with each other." John smiled softly and Y/n felt overjoyed.

"Holy- Hell yeah!!" Y/n responded. "Oh but I need to go to school first- But as soon as I get home, definitely we'll hang out!!"

Y/n then began to grab their backpack, looking back at their smiling, tired brother. Y/n couldn't help but be in a good mood.

"Hey, take a shower and a nap." Y/n said to him with a serious tone, "If you don't I will hose you down with water."

"Yeah I believe it...Have a good day at school Y/n." John said sincerely and Y/n nodded as they left through the doors.

Y/n let a wide smile overtake their face as they quickly raced to school, eager to get it done and over with so they can finally rebuild the bond that had been broken between their brother and them.

Y/n's stance just screamed confidence. There were not gonna let anyone ruin this day for-

"Uh Miles...?" Y/n paused as they saw a crowd around Miles and the mysterious girl. Miles's hand was stuck to her hair. Was he playing with glue?

"Y-Y/n!! This isn't what it- My hand it's-I accidentally ran into her- It's uh-Puberty??" Miles said in a jumble mess, confusing Y/n more.

"I don't think that's how puberty works Miles..." Y/n mumbled as they tried to help out the two.

"So, probably bad timing, but I'm Y/n." Y/n introduced to the girl as they tugged on Miles's hand making the girl wince. Yeah that's not gonna work.

"Gwanda." She responded simply, avoiding eye contact with Y/n by any means.

"Ok I have a plan. I'm gonna pull really hard!" Miles suggested as he began to pull more on Gwanda's  hair.

"That is a terrible plan!!" Both Y/n and Gwanda exclaimed. Y/n couldn't help as Miles began pulling more, dragging Gwenda around.

"Miles you need to stop moving!!" Y/n tried to intervene but Miles ignored them as he began to count.

"One."

"Don't do this." Gwanda said, almost begging him not to pull on her hair any more.

"Two-"

"Three!!" Gwanda said as she flipped Miles over on his back, but as expected. His hand was still stuck in her hair. And now, everyone was laughing and videoing everything.

"Hey get out of here you online vultures!! This is not funny!!" Y/n huffed as they shooed everyone away, trying to get them to leave Miles and Gwanda alone.

"Are you guys ok?" Y/n asked, helping the two up. Before they could respond, a teacher came up and dragged them away to the nurses office. Leaving Y/n alone to deal with the silent giggling and whispering.

"What a loser..."

"For real, hanging with that Miles kid?"

"I bet they have some sort of thing going on."

"Ew...I'd rather date a moose."

"You all have something to say?! Come on!! Don't be a wuss and say right to my fucking face-"

"Ohnn. Principal's office. Now." Principal Herring said from behind Y/n, making them turn to him immediately.

"But Sir they were-"

"I do not have time for excuses. Office now!" He demanded and Y/n silenced as they followed the principal to his office.

Y/n sat down in the chair nervously as the Principal stared at them with a sigh.

"Look Y/n, I know you're struggling. I knew your parents. They were good people and I know Losing them was-"

"You have no idea what loss is." Y/n hissed like venom, "So don't even TRY to tell me how I feel."

"...Y/n. I see potential in you, just as saw them in your mother and father. As well as your Brother." He continued like normal, "But you can't be acting like this. I mean- The other day you punched a boy, because what? They said something you didn't like?"

"He was being a narcissistic asshole!! He was treating a kid like dirt! Someone has to stand up for those who can't defend themselves!!" Y/n defended, now getting irritated.

"That doesn't mean you should resort to violence." Mr. Herring sighed, "Y/n, you need to learn to grow up. Thrive. You're only keeping yourself back from your potential. Because you hold onto the past. Now, I'm gonna let you off with a warning. So no more trouble ok?"

Y/n gritted their teeth before simply nodding, grabbing their bag and storming out of the office and to their classroom. Which is where they were supposed to be about 10 minutes ago.

Ignoring the whispering and laughing behind me, I held my head down as I walked outside to walk to my class. Never understood why the principal's office was on the opposite side of the school. But whatever.

"Oh Y/n. Walking to class too?" Gwanda asked walking beside Y/n.

"Huh oh. Yeah I was sent to the- Oh..." Y/n looked at Gwanda's hair, a hand print was on the side. Her once short heart was now a side shave.

"Yeah. Not the best. But it was the...only solution." Gwanda said awkwardly, once again avoiding eye contact.

"Well, from my perspective. I think it looks good. Better even. Not that your hair wasn't pretty before but-this one suits you better." Y/n complimented with a smile

"Heh...Thanks..." Gwanda said, smiling back as well. Before she widened her eyes behind her with a small gasp and Y/n furrowed their eyebrows.

"What are you-"

"Uh nothing just a pigeon knocking themselves into a window!! Hey why don't we go to class now ok? Ok!" She quickly said, making sure Y/n didn't turn around to see the screaming Miles.

"Ok....???" Y/n muttered as they followed the seemingly nervous Gwanda.

*Time Skip*

Y/n was quickly running down the sidewalk, slightly running into people which they apologized every single time they would knock into a angry civilian.

Despite the rocky start this morning, they were still excited to finally hang out with their brother. Y/n had so many ideas!! They could have a movie Marathon, bake their Mom's cookies like they used to, and just finally...talk to one another!!

"John I'm finally back from school!! You have no idea how long of a day it's been. I swear it was like-forever. But now we can finally-" Y/n paused as they were greeted by silence. And No John in sight.

"Ok maybe he's sleeping?" Y/n reassured themself as they knocked on their brother's door before walking in.

"John? You sleeping?" Y/n whispered. But he wasn't in bed. Y/n began to frown as they left his room, that's when they noticed a note on the dinner table. They picked it up and began reading it.

'Y/n, I'm really REALLY sorry. But, my boss called me in last second. The thing we've been working on for years, I think it's finally ready and we need to test it. I know I promised to hang out but this is really important. I hope you can understand.

-John'

Y/n scrunched the note up in their hand as slight tears bubbled in their eyes. It wasn't before Y/n ripped it and threw it in the trash.

"You promised...You fucking promised!!" Y/n shouted at nothing as they kicked over a chair, breaking one of the legs, and knocking over all the stuff on the table, watching it crash onto the floor.

"Can't I have one day, ONE DAY to just be- not alone?!" Y/n yelled to ceiling, as if They were telling the universe.

Y/n then stomped to their room, slamming their door as they slid down on the floor, holding their head in their hands. This whole day has been nothing but a nightmare.

"I give up. No matter how much I hope, it's only gonna disappear. It's like a sick joke. Tormenting me." Y/n said, bringing their knees closer to their chest. The loneliness setting in as they began to feel numb.

Then. They had an idea.

An awful but brilliant idea.

Swiftly, Y/n stood up and ran over to their bed, pulling out the box that held the suit. Opening it up, Y/n once more stared down at the suit they had made themselves, and pulled it out.

Y/n looked out their window, looking back at the suit, then back at the window. They let a stern gaze take over their face as they slipped on the suit, their wrist daggers, and their roller skates.

Y/n then quietly began to exit out the window, pausing with hesitation, before shaking their head as they climbed up the rooftop, starring at the darkening sky. They looked at their wrist, and shot out a web and pulled themselves forward.

Their heart jumped a bit, but under their mask they smirked as their suit and web fluid so far was working. Getting cocky, Y/n began to move even faster as they swung across the large buildings, flipping in the air cheering to themself.

"WOOOOO YEAH!!" Y/n laughed as the wind passed through their suit, feeling free swinging in the air. This is the farthest Y/n has ever gone. When testing out the past suits, Y/n would only get half away from their house. Mostly due to fear and malfunctions.

But now.

Y/n didn't care anymore.
———————————————————————————

Boom chapter 3 done and done.

I'll be coming up with chapter 4 here soon as well so don't you worry my dear readers😎

How we liking the book so far?

Hope it's too you all's liking!! I'm really enjoying writing it, it's so fun and new!!

I was gonna add more to this chapter but decided to put that part in chapter 4 and all that!!

Anyways, have a good day/night!! Until next chapter, BYEEEEEEEEEEE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326K 9.1K 23
Y/n Parker, cousin to Peter Parker and Miles Morales' best friend. You've grown up together and now he's transferring to your school. After realizing...
11K 311 16
You and your mom had decided it was finally time to move away from Michigan after your parents got a divorce. You wanted to see what Brooklyn had to...
334K 9.8K 38
"Please, (y/n), I want you to be a part of this family too." Miguel pleads, hands on each of your shoulders. "Miguel, it is not a story we should put...
606K 19.8K 41
๐•„๐•€๐•ƒ๐”ผ๐•Š ๐•„๐•†โ„๐”ธ๐•ƒ๐”ผ๐•Š ๐• ๐”น๐•ƒ๐”ธโ„‚๐•‚ ๐•†โ„‚ โ™ก | ๐˜ผ๐™‡๐™’๐˜ผ๐™”๐™Ž .ใƒปโœซใƒปใ‚œใƒปใ€‚ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โž› โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ ๐™๐™๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ค...