Malevolent (Tex Sawyer)

By MindOnJupiter

This is the sequel to Antecedent. Following the attack and death of her friends, Lori is still in the firm g... More

Malevolent: 1
Malevolent: 2
Malevolent: 3
Malevolent: 4
Malevolent: 5
Malevolent: 6
Malevolent: 7
Malevolent: 9
Malevolent: 10
Malevolent: 11
Malevolent: 12
Malevolent: 13
Malevolent: 14
Malevolent: 15
Malevolent: 16
Malevolent: 17
Malevolent: 18
Malevolent: 19
Malevolent: 20
Malevolent: 21
Malevolent: 22
Malevolent: 23
Malevolent: 24
Malevolent: 25
Malevolent: 26
Malevolent: 27
Malevolent: 28
Malevolent: 29
Malevolent: 30

Malevolent: 8

116 3 1
By MindOnJupiter

It was becoming increasingly difficult not to be a hypocrite. When every bit of you pulsed and rushed in agony, all you wanted to do was cry. Just succumb and let out the scream, the wail and anguish. Everything the Sawyers enjoyed and waited for. Biting down on my lip, I could feel the tears threatening to spill again, the company not being able to offer any reassurance through any fault of her own. She was as trapped as I was, like a mouse in a cage with no exit in sight. I could imagine what she had been through in the small time she had been stashed away. She had told me how it started with a hitchhiker and all of it made sense, like myself she had fallen for the apparently charming cowboy who led multiple others to their death. It was a well rehearsed routine and one that caused rage among other emotions but the pain flooded and washed it from my mind. It was when I stopped, when I moved and breathed after they were done that I could feel it. The broken arm, the belt welts, the nerve damage that had been caused by multiple broken fingers in the past.It was too much, far too much to go through and knowing it would most likely continue just forced my stomach to twist and turn. Finally I relented, I let the beads of water drip and fall into my chest. My teeth relinquished my lip as I let out a small noise trying to remain quiet.
"Someone will come." The female offered again as I shook my head. The notion was laughable but not surprising. It was a mistake I had made, hoping for someone, anyone to come and pull me away from this ring of hell.
"No one is coming."
"They will." There was a strength in her voice that was eerily familiar, the optimism, the hope but it was all for nothing. "People don't just go missing."
"They do," I disagreed bluntly, "all the time. You know what happens when somebody tries to help? The same as the others, tortured or dead but either way on the fucking dinner table and they make you eat them."
"We can escape." Against my will I scoffed. There was a part of me that felt disheartened for throwing away whatever suggestion she had but this was it. Things didn't get any better and if she didn't learn it now then she would have to discover for herself the harder way.
"Don't you think I've tried? I've tried multiple times...different ways...it's always the same place I end up. In this fucking hell hole getting hit, humiliated or raped, they just strip your sanity from you layer by layer until you're just bone. Doesn't matter if you do what you're told, they hurt you and just when you think you've felt every pain going they get inventive." A dry chuckle crackled in my throat as I thought of every last punishment I had received at the family's hands.  "They can be really creative when they try to be but then maybe you stand more of a chance, Junior is as dumb as a box of rocks." Rolling my head against my chest I sighed and inhaled deeply. "Know how I escaped him once?"
"How?" Her voice was sounding more determined now, it was as if she was willing to give it a go. It appeared as though she was one who would learn the harder way but then maybe it was possible. It seemed the family underestimated her and perhaps if she was smart she could get further than I had. Stretching my legs out to regain the sensation from the pins and needles, I sighed and tilted my head backwards. I couldn't see her full face but part of it was visible under her hair, her blue eyes were rimmed in tears and an unpleasant bruise, her eyebrows soft and having her look more delicate.
"Does he still have that spelling toy?"
"The one where everything is food?" Again, a laugh escaped my lips and pushed my head back against the wood. It wasn't funny, not at all but my mind kept whirring and I despised it for its weakness to hope in an impossible situation but a possibility lurked. If I could distract the others and she could escape, she could get the relevant help required.
"Have you tried helping him with it?"
"No, I've just kind of-"
"Screamed at him?" I asked knowing the answer, it had been said what a screamer she was and the noise she made. "It usually has the opposite effect. You scream to get away and they take it as an invite. If you help him, you turn the tables. He thinks he's made a friend and if he gets frustrated by the game you can scold or manipulate. I told him off, I made him face the wall and he did. He hates me now by the way." I added with a small grin knowing it to be a fact that I got under his skin, mask and all. "So the worst case scenario is he'll kill you and dying is better than a repeat of everything even if you don't know that yet."
"Are you always this cheery?" It was plain to see that she was trying to make light of the situation, reality being far more bleak and once more, I did not blame her. It was a method of trying to cope with all that had happened and was yet to come.
"It comes and goes. Mornings are usually worse." I shrugged before wincing at the discomfort that came from my arm. "Alfredo and Tink have a bowl in the front room where they toss the keys for their trucks. Grandpa keeps watch but he's not someone to worry about. Front door is usually unlocked because they don't get visitors then if you get that far you drive and you just keep driving."
"What if someone can help?"
"How many times do you think a good samaritan has been carved up?" I recalled Roger, a fleeting memory now but the message was clear as was the look on his face when Hewitt showed up. The collapsed jaw, the mess of teeth... "You don't stop. Not for other cars and definitely not for sheriffs-"
"But-"
"You stop for a cop, you get another bastard and trust me, Charlie or should I say Hoyt...he even makes Tinker nervous."
"So trick Junior, swipe the keys and drive. Seems simple enough."
"Don't be fooled, you're still outnumbered." It was naive to think for a second that it was plain sailing. It was an onerous task.
"There's still two of us though." I shook my head, the laughter slipping out as I despaired at her statement and her innocence.
"I'm not sure you've seen the state of me but I'm not really in driving condition and unless Tex is out on the road, he'll be watching and if he isn't then Tink checks in. I'm not trustworthy, they expect misbehaviour from me but you, it looks as though you could have a chance. I can't run right now anyway." It was the veracity of the situation, I would slow her down if she had the slightest chance in hell of being free. She made a small noise, as if ready to make an argument before deciding to remain silent. Kicking at the gravel before me, I sealed my lips firmly and took in the light of the sun. "Tell me when."
"When?"
"When you're planning your getaway." I remarked, sighing. "I might be able to buy you time."
"Are you sure you don't want to come?"
"I would only be a complication in the plan."
"But-"
"You know you're looking at your future though if you slip up." I warned wearily edging my head back to her. "And I can enjoy having one functioning arm until then." Flexing the fingers of my right hand, I listened to the sound of the kitchen door opening and the heavy steps that followed. "You're okay." I told her as she flinched and her chin pressed on my shoulder not wishing to see who was coming. I would have suspected Junior also, you would hear each step he would make and the squeak of his leg brace. Tinker however when in a hurry could be quite hulking in his movement.
"Me or you?" She whispered back as I closed my eyes with a gentle breath.
"Probably me, I'm a bad influence on you." As the crunches came closer, I wasn't surprised when the tanned man stood before me shaking his head.
"Like hell is this a good idea." He stated simply, "The last thing we need is her learning your sly tricks."
"Today." The female's voice gently spoke in a hushed manner. I nodded and felt scepticism fill my bones as Tinker leant over to uncuff my functioning hand.
"Bad enough having one rebel to babysit. Know what they say about girls together? They scheme together." Tink continued irritably as I blinked simply. The less he knew, the better. His earring reflected the sunbeams as I stood up with him pulling at my right side. "You missy are staying with Grandpa. This whore can-"
"My name is Brittany." The red head spoke loudly. Her voice strained in her throat but as I looked upon the seething face of the moustached man, I couldn't help but laugh as he gruffly pulled at me.
"Two damn minutes and you have the lamb out of the slaughter. You better not have been teaching her anything else." Throwing my head back, the giggling unstoppable as Tink led me back inside and away from my new comrade. "Swear I'm the only one of you jackasses that think." Junior whimpered and Tex questioned what he did wrong as I continued walking to the front room to accompany Grandpa.

When they say that art is a window into the soul, it couldn't be more true. Able to see Heather's painting as she scribbled on the table beside me, I looked upon the two people she had drawn. They were being killed in separate ways she had explained in her misleadingly sweet voice before humming and continuing. Swaying on her knees as she bobbed to get as much detail in as possible, I shook my head but decided against saying anything. Mama was running low on tongues and I enjoyed mine in my mouth.
"How much blood does the human body have?" She questioned.
"Eight pints." I replied absently not wanting to take in the reason why.
"Pints?" Tilting my head in her direction, I closed my eyes slowly.
"Those glasses that Alfredo drinks out of at dinner, that's a pint."
"That's a lot. No wonder it takes some people so long to die. You know it took your boyfriend a while, it seemed like ages. Sally got bored so we went to watch Papa make his new face." Turning my head back to where I was originally facing, I eyed up the corpse before me in his wheelchair and further decayed with time. It only symbolised how long I had been here and it was something that only made me hate the corpse further. He had been filled with the blood of so many and it served no purpose. He was as hollow as a ventriloquist dummy and served as much purpose as one. There was no explanation in my mind as to why they kept the rotting corpse around but then which one would sound sane? None because they were all as loony as each other. "I liked that face."
"I'm sure you did." I had as well considering Troy had been a close friend.

"Papa gets shy without his face. Says people are mean to him" Pressing down harder at the brush in her hand I listened to the table squeak in protest. "Mama says that everyone is terrible and to only trust family." It was what probably kept the incest behaviour within the clan strong. Though not much was confirmed, it was clear that Grandpa had had some kind of relationship with Mama and it was where I assumed Tex and his two brothers came from. "Is everyone terrible?" Raising an eyebrow, I turned back to the blonde haired child who had halted her actions. Straining at the trauma in my arm as it protested at the small movement, I felt my lips as they slowly pursed together. There was a smile on her face that bore right through me and made me on edge. She was a clever kid. The idea of leaving me with her was obvious, to scope me out and my intentions if I was conforming to their ways.  Instead I just smiled back.

"If Mama says so."
"She does." Heather pressured, her smile slipping enough to confirm my suspicions.
"Then they are."
"Tink says so too."
"Tink is a smart man."
"And uncle Alfredo." She continued dropping her brush, her little hands curled into fists as she failed to get the reaction she was after. Her corpse doll had already been adjusted and the stashed away knife partially revealed. "He says all women are whores."
"Only time he's right."
"Are you a whore?" Heather asked slowly, rising to her feet. She didn't seem as pretentious now and was showing her true nature. Crossing my legs slowly, I sighed and pretended to ponder over the question knowing it irked her. Knowing she wanted to cause harm but needed grounds to do so. I wouldn't yield and give her the satisfaction.
"If that's what is said."
"It is"
"Then that's that." I replied definitively. "I'm a whore, people are terrible and Troy had a likeable face." Nodding, I sunk further in my seat as she stomped her foot down and marched out the room and past Tex who just shook his head.

"Everywhere you go, there's a problem." Tex tutted slowly and folded his arms while I side eyed him. "First Junior's little girlfriend speaks back and now, now you're upsetting our little angel."
"I agreed with her."
"How much that must have pained you."
"No more than my arm."
"Well at least you still got it." He shrugged idly, "however I have a little treat for you seems you went along with what Heather was saying." Sceptically, I watched and tucked my legs under the seat as he sat on the edge of the table. The smile on his face was one of satisfaction and it made me want to punch him regardless of being an arm down. "Aren't you going to say thank you sweetheart?"
"I just called myself whore." I pointed out slowly. He chuckled in return and nodded folding his arms contently.
"That you did honey but I'd like a little gratitude every now and again."
"What are you giving me?" I asked dubiously. Whatever he had to offer I was unequivocal it would be no good. I didn't want to play his games, it was draining enough to do it with Heather let alone someone who was wiser to it and had more ground in his right to discipline. Sticking his hands in his pockets, I rolled my eyes, nothing beneficial ever started in his jeans.
"I might have felt a little bit bad about Junior twisting you all up like that."
"Yeah right."
"Okay, you got me" the blonde chortled, continuing to rummage before pulling out two small white capsules. "Maybe it's a complex but it's not as fun watching you suffer at someone else's hands. So why don't you pop these in your pretty little mouth and get comfortable? It'll make me feel a little better. Heck, if you need something to wash it down with, I'll spit in your mouth a little."
"I wouldn't let you piss on me if I was on fire." Tex's grin spread wickedly but held out his hand, I remained still not trusting this sudden nicety or buying his story. It was out of character for the most part and my jaw clenched through instinct.
"When you look at me like that-"
"What do you want?" I demanded cutting him off abruptly before he could try to make me nauseous. 
"What were you talking to Junior's girlfriend about?" He questioned placing the two tylenol tablets on the poorly varnished table and leant on his knees so he was level. "Tinker seems to think you might have been cooking something up."
"The weather." I lied venomously.
"Really?"
"Would I lie to you?" We both knew the answer to that question.
"Oh sweetheart, do you want me to call Junior to play with your other arm? I could you know. It must already be smarting pretty bad so imagine if that was another one broken, I'd have to do just about everything for you and stay home to care for you." I pulled back as he leant forwards to my wrapped up one and glared at him hatefully. "I didn't think so. Try again."
"Periods. I could give you the grim details." I offered as he inhaled loudly and popped his elbows onto his kneecaps leaning in closer, the glint in his eye now like a blade that was ready to cut and I knew that I had to try and act sincere before he sniffed out the budding coup.
"Way things are going, that wouldn't be a concern. Last chance now, don't make me play with you when you're not in one piece anyway."
"Surviving the lot of you."
"Honey, you're alive because we want you to be, not because you're that clever." He shrugged passively, seeming to be more convinced with that answer. "Just like your new friend is around as long as we want her to be. Nothing you can say can change that. It wouldn't be the first time Junior played and then got bored."
"Then you have no reason to worry about anything I might have said."
"Maybe not." Tex agreed, pushing the hair back from his face and sighing, "now take your medicine." Holding it back out to me, I stared at his hand before slowly turning my head. As much as it would be beneficial and even pleasant to take the edge of the pain I knew the side effects consisted of drowsiness and it was a risk I was unwilling to take if Brittany wanted to attempt her escape. Tex watched me and I stared back at him through the corner of his eye. He was trying to figure out my motivation for declining them and I could feel it. The way he scoped for the smallest detail that would betray me. I remained still, my breath catching in my throat feeling cornered but disinclined. Hearing him sigh, I flinched as he straightened up, his hand going to grip my chin steering at me to look at him. His nails stuck into the flesh of my cheek warningly.  "I ain't asking a second time. Open." His fingers pierced into my flesh as I flinched and did as he asked. "That's better." Slowly popping them up with his free hand, the one around my chin cupped over my mouth immediately. "Swallow." The bitter taste caught on the roof of my mouth and then clinging to my dry throat while he slowly raised my head back. "We both know you can swallow better than that."

Pulling myself out of the heavy haze, I heard a whisper and felt the flustered breath of the one doing so against my face. Moaning, I willed myself to awake and came face to face with the woman before me. Her red hair and bruised face was familiar immediately as I jolted up recoiling at the discomfort that came with it. Holding up a shiny set of keys, she managed a wry smile as I exhaled. It seemed even though she had managed to evade Junior but still-
"Where are the others?" I interrogated quietly cursing Tex for being cunning enough to take me out of the picture if something untoward was truly being schemed. It would explain his determination to have me take the medication he practically shoved down my throat.
"Having dinner." Brittany explained quietly. Nodding at the simple answer, I placed a hand against my throbbing head and struggled to keep my eyes open, the fatigue determined to blanket me back up to slumber what remained of the day away. "Can you stand up?"
"It doesn't matter if I can, it's you that's getting out of here." I reminded her. She frowned almost immediately and I couldn't say I entirely faulted her for it but I was a hurdle as much as the family. Paying attention to what dangled in her hands, I took them from her to inspect who I suspected them of belonging to, the last thing she would need is to set off an alarm and interrupt the Sawyer's feast. My hand trembled lightly against the metal doing my best to focus on the sight. "Tink's." The chrome encrusted skull of a baby bird said as much while Alfredo's was as classy as him, a naked woman with rather large breasts. Unsurprisingly most of the paint on her cleavage had been rubbed away and unfortunately it was grim reality that he used it to jack off. I was relieved to hold Tinker's instead. Passing them back to her, I pushed myself to my feet, my legs protesting as my body swayed. Instantly I fumbled to grip the armchair and steady myself.
"It took a while to sneak off." Brittany admitted as I frowned at her. Each second that passed was another step closer to being snatched up.
"I doubt you have much time. Get to Tink's truck."
"There's enough time for you."
"Just go." I instructed, "before you get found sneaking about the house." Slowly I stumbled forwards and gripped her arm with my good one leading her towards the door quietly. For all I knew one of them was wise to what was happening and listening out for anything unfamiliar that would incriminate Brittany or myself. I could feel her trembling, her body quaking and I suspected she knew fine what was at stake if she failed. "Remember, don't stop."
"For anyone."
"Exactly."
"And don't stop."
"You've got it." I nodded. The sound of indistinct chatter from the kitchen murmured through the walls and by the door as I slowly pulled it open and peeked around the corner. The red head stayed behind me and cautiously waited for me to lead her onwards when everything seemed fine. "Come on." Allowing her to pass me, I kept an eye on the doorway which concealed the family and knew that Tex had expected me to be out for the count longer than I had been and it made me smile. Perhaps there was a chance we could both get away after all and a distraction not to be needed. Hope was dangerous but there was a chance we could both get out of this hellhole alive. Turning to the direction of the front door, the stairs creaked and Brittany seized in her steps holding onto the handle as Alfredo appeared muttering. Upon seeing us his eyes widened and he went to yell out. I shoved a hand at the red head's back before gripping the door and slamming it shut behind her.
"You get out the damn way!" He demanded as I kept my back to the wood hearing the frantic running motions from behind it. "You open the door before I send you through it!" His yells had already gained the attention of the family who were already scraping their seats back, the desperate squeaks as loud as the commands I was being given. Every swear imaginable came to mind as I swayed on the spot.
"This door?" I asked tapping my foot backwards to hit it. "This door right here?"
"Yes that door you-" I felt nothing but satisfaction as he tried to rip me away as my hand went to the handle. It collided with his already bruised and swollen face. Forcing my leg back once more, I allowed it to seal, the sound of a car engine becoming apparent as Tinker, Junior and Tex appeared. "God damn it..." Alfredo lolled his head before falling backwards.
"Whoops." I was unable to prevent the laughter that slipped out as I shrugged through the pain. "I was just helping Alfredo open the door." Junior rushed forwards, chainsaw in his hands but not yet running. I remained where I was before Tex gripped at my already plastered arm and sent me roughly to the wall.
"You best hope he gets her back." He seethed as I shook my head, the manic laughter continuing as I eyed him up, even through blurry vision I saw the injury I had caused him and the aggravation I was now.
"I hope she gets as far away from you people as possible." I told him through the noise. Junior practically took the door off its hinges as he went after his victim. Remaining against the wall, I closed my eyes hoping for a miracle as terrified shrieks happened and glass was smashed out of view.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130 9 9
Run or die. Jessi, a successful new artist, never thought her perfect life could turn sour so quick. When she comes home to find a dangerous and dera...
6.7K 144 16
Based on a story from my old account and from the third instalment of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Lori and her friends are taking a road trip to celebra...
23.3K 786 32
The events in which are about to be described tell the tale of a young woman who decided to brave the Texas highways alone. A series of unfortunate e...
178 45 45
As Emily and Jake set out on a road trip in attempts to lessen the strain they have on their relationship, Jake seems to add a little more when he in...