Roommates

By Jenna292004

"Something tells me that this won't be the last time." I said, still holding his hand but looking up into his... More

Moving In
Rough With Words
Frustrations
Goody Two Shoes
Ditch Woman
Wicked Mates and Bad Boy Dates
Stanley, Is That You
Comedy Gone Horror
Just Friends?
Well, You're New
Dark Shadows
Morning Outings
Vulnerable State of Mind
Words
Invitations
Masquerade Hell
A Whole New Person
Drunken Accidents
Headaches with no Hangovers
Awkward Kissing
Splotchy Purple Mark
You're giving me a heart attack

Keys and Kisses

9 2 1
By Jenna292004

The past few mornings, I've been going to uni early and staying out for most of the day, simply to avoid seeing Mason. Luckily, our courses are in separate buildings, so I don't have to risk seeing him between classes. The only time I would possibly see him would be in the car park and at the apartment.

Lucky for me, he's out most of the time til late - probably off drinking and losing what little brain cells he has left with his mates.

Lucas and I had been meeting for coffee between lectures most days, and he even came back to mine for a study sesh wince I hate being alone in the apartment.

Mel seems to have forgotten I even exist. I swear she spends more time sharing milkshakes or whatever couples do with Cam than she has with me in the past week. I haven't even been at uni for two months, and my social life has already gone down the plug hole.

Rolling out of bed and stumbling to my door, rubbing my eyes and walking straight into the door frame making the thud echo through my skull, I managed to make it to the kitchen somewhat unscathed to get myself some breakfast.

Attempting to pour my cereal into a bowl didn't go so well either, I'd managed to miss the bowl completely stared at it for a moment contemplating my motor skills before scooping it up and unto my bowl, pushing the rest back into the box - it's not like Mason will know...

The door of the fridge jingles with bottles and jars, and when I reached the bottle of milk, my eyes were still half closed, I felt paper scrunch between my hand and the bottle.

It was a sticky note stuck to the milk bottle, and it had Mason's writing on it.

'Made you breakfast. Won't be home till Monday. Mason.' I read it again.

Why won't he be home until Monday? What time on Monday? Why did he make me breakfast?

It was definitely way too early to be using this much brain power.

Sure, as he'd said, there was a plate of pancakes sitting in the oven. Not even going to lie, it made me smile that he was considerate enough to actually do something kind.

Was this his way of apologizing for being a duck? I don't know. Was i going to forgive him? I don't know that either.

A knock sounded at the door as I stacked my empty dishes in the dish washer, and I hurried over to it, not at all, hoping it was Mason...

I swung the door open and held my breath for no apparent reason, to be met by Lucas holding a big brown paper bag and two take-away coffees jb the 'look what I have here' kind of way.

"Oh, hey." I said, stepping to the side to let him walk through. My voice was a little deflated no matter how hard I tried to sound enthusiastic.

"Not who you were expecting?" He asked, glancing over his shoulder as I followed him to the kitchen where he set down the bag and coffee, sliding one in my direction.

"No, it not that...well, it is that, but it's not in the way you're thinking." He just chuckled, rummaging around in the bag.

"Anyway, inside this bag are two of the best muffins in the world! I got them from that little urban cafe place I told you about." He continued, pulling out two ginormous blueberry muffins in a paper napkins.

"I thought you might like something better for breakfast than cereal." He laughed, and I awkwardly smiled at him.

"It's so lovely of you to do this, but I kinda already ate." I said, biting my lip and looking at him in cautiously, gauging his reaction. "Oh...oh, well that's okay. Morning tea then." He shrugged and put them back in the bag.

"Thanks for the coffee though." I said, picking up the cup and removing the lid, taking in the scent.

"No worries. So, how was your cereal?" He joked and I gave him a look.

"Hey, my cereal isn't that bad, and I didn't have it. My roommate make me pancakes."

"Oh, that was sweet of her." He said, taking a seat on the stool under the counter.

"Yeah, it was uncharacteristically sweet of him." his head snapped up.

"Him?" he asked, his arms tensing slightly.

"Yeah, I told you that didn't I?" Well this was awkward.

It's not like Lucas and I were dating or anything. I knew that he had feelings for me but did I have any for him?

"No, you didn't." He looked hurt and a little angry, I didn't know what to say or do, so I walked over to him and put my hands on his thighs in a comforting way. 

"It's not like we're friends with benefits. We're not even friends. You've got nothing to worry about; he's harmless." I said, giving a small laugh, my voice humorous. He smiled before shocking me by leaning in and pressing his lips to mine.

I stepped back, looking at him with my heart in my throat. I stared at him in shock.

Why did he do that?

Why did I like it?

"I'm sorry, I just..." he ran his hand over his face while I turned to stone in front of him. He stood up and scuffed his shoe on the floor where he was standing.

"I'm sorry, I'll go." He turned to walk away and I surprised myself by pulling at his hand, standing on my toes and pressing my lips to his.

He reacted quickly, pressing harder into my mouth and moving his lips with mine. His tongue ran over my bottom lip and I opened my mouth to him and moaned, causing him to grab my waist and pull me impossibly closer to him.

The slam of a door and keys hitting the floor pulled me away from Lucas. Cameron was standing in the door, his jaw hitting the floorboards and looking between us.

"Uh, hey?" he said, bending to pick the keys up.

"Cameron why do you have keys to my apartment!?" I asked, stricken. They didn't have Mason's key chains on them so they couldn't be his and mine were sitting on my dresser.

"Mason gave me a spare set, so I could check on you while he was gone. Now I'm glad he did." he looked furious, his brows pulled together and his lips in a tight line. But he wasn't staring at me, he was staring at Lucas.

I looked up at Lucas and he was staring at Cameron, the two of them were having some kind of show down, only Cameron looked like he could rip Lucas to sheds whereas Lucas looked a little fearful.

"I'm gonna get going." Said Lucas, bending down to kiss me on the cheek and walking around Cameron, who slammed the door behind him.

"What the hell was that!?" I yelled at Cameron.

"Mason told me to check on you this morning. He said to only use the keys if there were was an emergency."

"How is this an emergency?" I gestured to the closed door, he sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"I knocked but you didn't answer so I let myself in." There was an awkward silence between us that lasted too long.

"How do you know him?" he asked, his face softening a little but was still harder than normal.

"I met him at the library after Mason... and I had an argument." whoops. I assumed Mason hadn't told Cameron about our little moment.

"Does Mason know that you're dating him?" I shook my head and walked into the kitchen, pulling my pyjama shorts down a little. Cameron followed me and sat on the stool Lucas had been sitting on.

"We aren't dating and does he have to?" I asked, putting the muffins away and the coffees in the bin.

"Well are you doing to tell him about this?" he gestured to the place where Lucas and I had been heated before he interrupted us.

"He doesn't need to know everything. He's not my father. Besides, it's not like he even cares." I ranted, my speech spending with every word. "I can date whomever I want, if he did care he would have returned my feelings in the first place and he wouldn't have kissed me then thrown me under the bus. "I threw my hands in the air before realising what I'd just said.

Cameron looked down at the bench and sighed deeply.

"I really think you shouldn't see Lucas anymore, Ash. If not for Mason's sake then for yours."

"What has Mason got to do with any of this?" I asked, getting defensive now, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Nothing." he sighed, getting up and walking to the door, I followed him around but stopped at where he'd been sitting and watched him open the door.

"Just because he didn't return your feelings doesn't mean he doesn't have them." he said, closing the door behind him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 368 57
"Fuck." He whispers into my neck, sending a thrill of excitement through my body. His lips still smothered kisses over my neck and his hands roamed...
87.2K 2.1K 14
Nineteen-year-old Jubilee leads a double life, taking on dangerous jobs to make ends meet, all while hiding her activities from her best friend, Sam...
5.1K 74 49
"You care about only yourself and no one else!" I screamed the cold air piercing my lungs. "That's a lie" he mumbled his body tensing "Name one perso...
1.4M 37.1K 23
"Can't You just leave me alone and mind your own goddamn business ??" l snapped..... He just pins me to hits locker with both his hands on either sid...