The Mafia's Maid

By roseyzoa

Isabelle Hart never fit in, being bullied daily at school and working nonstop to pay off your mothers drug de... More

Cast + Authors Note
1
2
3
4
5 - The Brothers
6
7
8
9
10
11 ~ C
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24 ~ A
25
26
27 ~ C
28
29
30
31
32
33
34 - The Birthday Pt.1
35 - The Birthday Pt.2
36 - The Birthday Pt. 3
37
38
39 ~ A
40
41
42
43 ~ A
44
45
46
47
48
49 ~ PROM Pt. 1
51 ~ PROM PT. 3
52
53 ~ confessions
54 ~ The Color Yellow
55 ~ dreams do come true

50 ~ PROM Pt. 2

40.3K 1.2K 544
By roseyzoa

~ Isabelle ~

" That was the worst half hour of my life." Charlotte breathes out as she walks up to us in line. I turn to Ace who was watching her, like he wanted to know what happened to make the drive so bad.

"What happened?" I ask worriedly, turning away from Ace as I look back at Charlotte. I was hoping he didn't speed with her in the car.

I can't help but get distracted when Caden walks towards the staff area and none of them bother to say anything as he walks through, cutting past everyone in line and getting into the venue.

He probably didn't have a ticket, it's not like they would ask him for one anyways if his family owned the school.

" Well, I was trying to make some small talk with him so it wasn't so silent in the car." She starts, letting out a sigh.

" And then as soon as I started talking he turned on the radio to full volume." She says, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

Ace's snort causes us both to turn our heads towards him as we get closer to the front of the line. " What's so funny lemon head?" She scowls, looking like she was on the brink of strangling him.

I was trying to hold in my laugh at them arguing like an old married couple, but fail after hearing her call him lemon head. I was supposed to help them be nicer to each other, not support this.

Ace looks down at her short frame with a raised brow as she glares towards him. " Say it again, I almost got intimidated this time." He says sarcastically, and I have to slightly pull back Charlotte when I see the rage building in her eyes.

I nudge her shoulders slightly, trying to get her to calm down. Charlotte sighs before putting a fake smile on over her face. " How about you take our pictures." Charlotte says, shoving her phone into Ace's hand.

He takes the phone, glaring at Charlotte as she moves us out of the line where everyone else was taking pictures.

Ace could still stand in line and take the pictures from where he was at, so he puts the phone up as Charlotte and I pose together in our pink dresses with the view of the huge castle behind us.

When we walk back towards the line Ace holds her phone back out, watching Charlotte like she's insane when she snatches the phone from his hand.

" What's your problem?" He scowls at her, and I sigh, ready for the next argument between them as we get to the front of the line and start scanning our tickets.

" Nothing was my problem until you decided to be an asshole towards me." Charlotte glares at Ace when we walk into the venue.

I was the only one admiring the beautiful decorations as we walk further in since they were too caught up in arguing.

" Maybe if you stopped forcing your way into my life I wouldn't be such an asshole." He scowls, and I turn towards Charlotte to see her eye slightly twitch.

Before she responds she takes in a deep breath, turning towards me with an apologetic look and back towards Ace.

She's about to completely blow up on him, but before she says anything else I cut in. I'm not sure if what I said would help at all, but it was worth a shot to get them somewhat closer.

" I have to go take a call, you guys stay right here and...talk. I'll be back in a minute." I lie, smiling towards both of them before turning around and walking through the huge crowd of students.

I just had to leave them alone for five minutes until they had to eventually stop arguing and start talking normally.

Hopefully.

As I walk I admire the attention to detail, making sure to take it all in. I would probably never go to an event this extravagant again, so I needed to make the most of it.

There were large chandeliers hanging from the ceilings, candles lit up nearly everywhere, tables adorned in white cloth, and gold vases filled with beautiful flowers sitting on top.

It definitely wasn't a normal prom you'd see in movies. Every detail and decoration was probably worth hundreds of thousands, even the food catering looked expensive.

The sound of all the students mixed with the loud music starts to give me a headache as I try my best making my way around people.

It only got more packed since everyone was finished scanning their tickets by now.

I let out a breath of relief when I see the large doors leading to the outdoor patio so I could get some fresh air.

I'm about to walk towards the doors until I catch Leslie and her friends standing in that direction. I let out a sigh before turning around and deciding on going upstairs to the restroom instead. There was no way I'd go anywhere near her or her friends today.

It was much less packed upstairs, but still somewhat difficult to walk through all the people. I finally reach the bathroom, but right as I'm about to close the door behind me a hand stops it from moving any further.

I look behind me, my eyes wide when I see Caden's tall frame towering over me. He pulls the door open easily, walking in before shutting it behind him and moving towards me.

I feel my heart race nervously as I slowly back up, my hands gripping onto the counter behind me when he moves up to my short frame, both of his hands locking me in on either side of the sink.

" W..what?" I barely let out, moving my head back slightly when he looks down at me with dark eyes.

" Do you understand how hard it is to fucking control myself?" He scowls, looking down at me. I furrow my eyebrows together, slowly shaking my head no as I try to push myself farther back.

The smell of his cologne was intoxicating me, and his grey eyes looking like they were holding a storm back only make me more nervous.

" Control yourself? With what?" I ask, blinking up at him. Caden searches my face closely, his jaw tensing before he opens his mouth to speak.

" How many eyes here do you think I've wanted to rip out before setting another glance at you?" He says lowly, only confusing me more.

" Caden, your crazy." I sigh, trying to push away from him but he moves closer, pushing me back. My breaths become more heavy when I notice how close he'd gotten, our bodies nearly touching as he looked down at me.

" How much longer are you going to pretend there's nothing between us?" He says, his voice dark and serious. I watch him, my lips parted as I try finding an answer to his question.

There goes that same look in his eyes. One I would've never expected from Caden when I first met him, one I never would've thought I'd even see.

And here he was, looking at me with a certain brightness in his eyes, a certain softness in them, like he was completely okay with breaking his walls down for me.

But of course, I say the stupidest thing I could say, because my head can never register the right words to say in any situation.

" You...do you like me?" I say completely going off of the question he'd asked. I wanted to slap myself right then and there, feeling the embarrassment rush to my face only after the words have already escaped my blabbering mouth.

" I mean...as a person...not like that." I try saving myself, but Caden's curious look makes me think my save hadn't exactly worked too well.

" I like you, Belle." He says, no hesitation in his voice. My eyes widen at the words leaving his mouth, until I furrow my eyebrows together.

I just made this more confusing for myself, now I wasn't sure if he said that in a friendly way or in a different way.

" In what way?" I ask, trying to make sure I wasn't being delusional.

" Whatever way you want, angel."

I swallow the lump in my throat, his eyes telling a completely different story from this being a friendly like.

" Right, I guess I like you too then." I say, wondering if we were still talking about the genuine 'like' and not the crush like.

My pounding heart, and the butterflies drowning my stomach seem to clearly answer my own question, but my head can't seem to process any of this.

On why I would like Caden

I wasn't sure, on anything.

Caden looks down at me, and for the first time I could see a slight look of amusement in his eyes before they quickly disappear.

" What did you say?" He asks, causing me to flush more red. Why did he want me to say it again?

" That I like you too." I state, feeling my heart race at the words leaving my mouth.

I think I knew for sure he wasn't seeing this as a friendly like when I look at his eyes, and down to the small smile he can't help but let escape.

" Yeah?" He says lowly, watching me carefully.

I think I knew for sure I wasn't seeing this as a friendly like towards him anymore. Every feeling I'd been holding back in my heart suddenly starts making sense as I look back at Caden, feeling my body warm just from his presence.

I can't help my own small smile from coming onto my face as I nod my head before suddenly jumping at a banging sound on the bathroom door.

" Get the fuck on man I need to piss!" A guy yells, and I look back at Caden to see him not bothered by the yelling guy and just looking at me.

" We should go." I say, clearing my throat. Caden moves his hands off of the sink, letting me go as I walk towards the door.

Caden walks closely behind me as I open the door and walk out as the guy gives us a weird look before rushing into the bathroom.

I struggle as we push through the crowded upstairs section, that was definitely less packed when I first came up here.

Suddenly someone pushes me, causing me to bump my back into Caden's chest. His hand moves down to my waist, holding me tight until I finally find an empty hallway.

" Sorry." I mutter, turning around to face Caden in the dark hallway. I didn't mean to bump into him so much.

My hand moves to tightly fist the sides of my dress when I look up at his dark eyes that looked down at me, scanning my face.

Before I can say anything he's taking a step closer to me, and a gasp is leaving my mouth at the feeling of his lips against mine.

I could hear the sound of my phone buzzing all of a sudden, but I don't answer the call as my lips move back against Caden's.

It felt like whatever string pulling us apart finally snapped, and I could barely control myself as his hands tightened around my waist.

His tongue forces entry into my mouth as the kiss grows more heated and I feel my body grow weak at his touch.

The hot feeling spreading throughout out my body when his rough hand pulls me closer by my neck only grows my desire for his touch, but I knew if one pair of eyes caught us kissing it would spread to the entire school in minutes.

I pull away, my face flushed and my lips red as I look up at Caden, breathing heavily. The sound of my phone ringing had stopped a bit ago and I look down at it, widening my eyes when I realize it's Ace.

I completely forgot.

Caden notices the shock on my face, and he's about to say something but I'm too quick as I walk back through the crowd, hoping Ace and Charlotte hadn't murdered each other by now.

How long was I even gone for? How could I be so stupid?

I look around everywhere, but can't seem to find Charlotte or Ace anywhere.

Where did they go?

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9M 1.1M 47
"She's hot." "Yeah, I know. I'm kinda jealous..." "I'm gonna ask her out." "Are you crazy? You're asking for a death wish." "What's so wrong with me...
452K 10.3K 27
WARNING: Story contains things that may trigger, and some rude language. Brittney, a slave in her own house. She is sold for a month's period to any...
8.3M 259K 78
[BLOOD AND BOND BOOK #1] šˆ š„šØšØš¤ ššš­ š”šžš« š¬š¢š„šžš§š­š„š², š¦š² š”šžššš«š­ š›šžššš­š¢š§š  š°š¢š„šš„š² ššš¬ šš š¬š¦š¢š„šž š¬š„šØš°š„š² šŸšØš«...
660K 23.9K 31
**COMPLETED** "TELL ME WHY YOU SPECIFICALLY CHOSE MY LIFE TO RUIN?" Her heart was beating out of her chest. She thought she might just die right the...