UnOrdinary: Kayden Rowan

By someguywhoisalive

Amidst the temporary peace after John's suspension at Wellston High School, Kayden Rowan, a seemingly carefre... More

0.1 - Prologue
Chapter 1.1 - Meeting and Encounters.
Chapter 1.2 - School Morning
Chapter 1.3 - New People & John's Troubles
Chapter 1.5 - Intersection and Intergration Trouble.
Chapter 1.6 - Decisive Opinions
Chapter 2.1 - To Rowden with inner issues!
Chapter 2.2 - Fun and Surveillance.

Chapter 1.4 - Acclimation

48 4 0
By someguywhoisalive

3 days had past since my first arrival at Wellston Highschool. Not much had happened since then, except that John had recently moved into the School Dorms. I put John's concerns about Seraphina's problem aside for now and focused on settling in.

The only updates from that issue was that every attempt that John tried to get information had failed with nothing new to show. And according to John, Seraphina has declined every invitation to hanging out with him after school ,which he said was not herself, I'm guessing that this temporary solution that Seraphina had to her disabled ability is actually blackmail to make her work for someone but that's just a guess. I'll go ask that Cypher Broker in Rowden by cashing in a favour.

I had spent most evenings after school with John in the holy place known as Woaba Boba and during the free times in school, I just mostly hung out with the Safe House because I just rather relax with comeplete ignorance that the world is in a mess... and that I also made friends with a few of them (or what I think what a friend is supposed to be like) and exchanged some phone numbers, then going around looking using "going on rounds" as an excuse to beat up Zeke-like Idiots. 

I now gained myself a new title "Lightning Ace of Wellston" from the school newspaper after me literally beating elite tiers without moving and my (coverup) god-tier level, which now people refer to me as typical for most extras - chatting about whoever is the centre of attention - although, the new title is refreshing after being dubbed the "Breaker" for so long. 

Leading us to the present day, of which I was walking down the hallways with John. There were many who went to the sides  not to the prescence of me, but John. It had taken me some time to realise the impact he had onto the rest of the students but to me, I don't really care, it's not like John the same person so why should I care?

"Hey Kayden, I've been wondering," John curiously asked, breaking me out of my personal monologue (rude), "Why is it that you act so differently to most god-tiers? You know what I mean, arrogant trash that flaunt power on the weak."

"Good question, I don't know." I replied. Well I'm not lying, I too never knew why considering I lived in the hellish conditions of the Transcendent world, I still had my rather carefree attitude to most things. Well, I can think of a few reasons though. I saw John staring at me blankly with his burnt-golden eyes full of perplexion.

"What are you looking at me for?" I asked, "If you insist... I'd guess that I grew up in an enviroment with people stronger than me with that stupid attitude, I hated that. I also just simply had a talent for fighting and simply loved to fight until I reach the top and I only cared about fighting fairly. "

"Woah," John exclaimed, "You simply only fought because you liked it?"

"Yeah, that's right.", Well that's really it. I just liked to fight, "But that's the past, theres still people left to beat and I just want to live a normal life now."

"Wait, there people stro--" John exclaimed before being cut off by realising. I noticed it too, it was a person's bioelectrical signal for me, who was it again? Ah... Terrance, he had followed me a few times before - he's up to something.

 I quickly glanced behind me, faster than anyone could see and scanned. He's invisible and following us. John nearly and suddenly was about to turn but I pinched him before quietly and affirmitvely telling him, "John, I know you noticed someone spying on us. Ignore it, think about it. It's better for us if they don't know that we know about them."

I had noticed that our slight yet noticable movement, got a couple nearby people to look at us confused.

"It's just that... " John said, sounding agitated and hints of anger, "I noticed him before Sera lost her ability."

"I'll tell you two things, his name is Terrance. He's a supposedly low-tier but I reckon he is a Level 6.0 and he is a part of the Safe House." I rapidly and quietly stated in an easy to understand tone. 

"It's that stupid Safe House again, but I think something might happen on that trip, no matter what it is, I must join and find out what is going on."

"I agree, but slow down. Most of them still fear or hate you," I said, but knowing him nothing is going to stop him, even if I beat him he will still find a way looking at how he feels and also it would be nice to have another hand and this genius a.k.a the glorious me has a plan, "Let me help you get on the trip."

"You will?"

"Yes, even if I tell you that I will handle it, you're still going to end up coming."

"Thanks, I owe you one."

"When are you free in school?"

"4th period."

"Come to the safe house then."

"Ok, see you later. I got to go to class."

"Later." I finished as I saw John speed up ahead and walk away. Now what should I do about the rat following me. I thought as I smirked.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Since I had a free block this period, I decided to go to the Safe House to see what the rat, Terrance, was planning.

Room 224.

As I approached the infamous room, with that annoyance of a rat following me. i could hear loud chatter emanating from the bismark-coloured door. It sounded like a celebration? But what for? I walked towards the door and opened it.

I walked in and found myself mentally asking, 'What the hell is going on?'

I scan from from corner to corner of the room, mostly filled with the friendly chatter people eating cake. I walked in noticing that rat, Terrance had too entered, no longer invisible. Every time I glanced at him he always looked analytical, too analytical.

I walked into the room approach the centre of the room and attention, where a moderately tall, fair-skinned guy with reddish crimson hair and golden eyes. Beside him was, Remi and Isen with that Roland nearby serving what looked like one hella delicious cake (I want it so badly). Then the redhead guy noticed and looked at me, probrably trying to know who I am, same for me anyways; now everyone noticing my prescence.

"Who is that?" Me and the guy both asked towards Remi as I pointed to him.

"Uh... I forgot that you don't know each other," Remi stated, "Well Kayden this is Blyke, he is the new king and Blyke he's Kayden."

"Ah, so you lot are celebrating his coronation of him being King." I asked.

"Yeah." Remi replied. Now, this makes sense.

"Well Blyke. I'm Kayden, nice to meet ya." I introduced myself while holding out my hand.

"I'm Blyke, nice to meet you dude," Blyke said, while shaking my hand, "Wait aren't you that guy people call the Lightning Ace of Wellston?"

"Yeah, so?" I respond non-chalantly.

"What was your actual level?"

"9.8" I replied as I saw Blyke just mentally break.

"Now I think about it, don't you guys supposed to have a Jack now?" I asked, seeing Isen starting to nervously sweat while slowly turning away as Blyke and Remi turn towars him. So he's supposed to be the Jack, huh. What is wrong with him? First he has strong people phobia, now he has position phobia?

"Hey, Isen..." Remi asked, "What do you think about joining us?"

"ACTUALLY! I know some very perfect for the job," Isen exclaimed, "It's Cecile.". Who? Oh wait it's that head of press, who gave me the title of "Lightning Ace". "Let's go ask her." Isen continued.

"Ok sure." Remi and Blyke replied.

"Can I come with, I got to ask something from you about the Safe House." I ask towards Remi.

"Yeah, that's fine." She nicely replied.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

"Let's get this over with" I declared.

We stood outside of yet another bismark-coloured door, this time it was the door to the Wellston Weekly press team with Cecile leading it. The 4 of us entered the room to see a large room, a desk opposite to the door with a tall late-teenage girl with short, straight, teal-coloured hair and purple eyes with a serious manner. This must be Cecile from what I have heard from my time here so far. We entered and stood side by side with Isen ahead and infront of the desk.

"What brings, the loser King, Queen and no-commitment Isen plus the new Lightning Ace to the press?" She asked with a rather demanding tone while standing up with arms crossed and leaving Remi and Blyke dumbfounded and annoyed. At least I didn't get insulted, how cool.

"Cecile, would you like to become Jack?"

"No."

"Please ma'am! I'm begging you!" Isen begged desprately now half bowing down to her. Seriously this guy does not want to be Jack. Heh, I got a trick to get this over with so I can ask my request with Remi if this does not hurry up.

"Absoloutley not," She flat out refused, "I don't want to be associated with those 2 losers." She continued annoying Remi and Blyke.

"Can't blame you Cecile," I added whilst shrugging, now time to hurry this up, "Now then Isen. Heheheheh." I said imtimidatingly with my eyes dimly glowing aqua-blue and putting my left fist into my right palm.

"Yes... Kayden?" Isen asked, scared and confused.

"I'm getting impatient, I'll give you 2 choices," I asked as if I was a game show host, "Become Jack or be 6 feet burried underground because I rather not have that blueberry, Zeke be Jack" I continued while small sparks popped up around me.

Blyke looked disgusted at the thought of Zeke being Jack as I then saw a hint of smugness in the cold demenor of Cecile and Isen... well he was being strong person phobic and in complete fear.

"IWILLBECOMEJACK!" Isen exclaimed, "pleasedon'tkillme,Iwanttolive." He continued while praying for his life, as I deactivated my ability. It was pretty funny if you ask me.

"Ok looks like we're done here" Remi concluded as she and Blyke started to drag him out with me following the 3 out of the door. 

Once we got out I decided to ask Remi my request, "Hey Remi, can I request something?".

"Sure. Blyke and Isen, go ahead of us we'll catch up," She replied as Blyke and Isen continued ahead, "What is it?". Ok here goes nothing.

"I know you won't like it," I stated, making the pink-haired girl look confused, "Can you allow John into the Safe House."

"Are you serious?"

"I'm dead serious." I said as she sighed.

"I can't refuse anyways because the rules we have set allows anyone to join," She replied, "But he only has one chance."

"He's no longer the same person you lot paint him to be. Infact, he was my first friend here." I stated as she looked surprised at the fact my first friend was John. She sighed again.

"I don't know if I can forgive him, but I'll be more accepting since you requested it. However if there is any hostility he shows, he'll be out." Remi declared. Dealing with this is such a hassle. John better not mess this up, otherwise the school meals will consist of some... stew.

"Thank you."

"Oh, also I'll allow you to Rowden next week, since you have contributed alot  with your rounds." Remi added.

"Ah thanks." 1 down, a second one to go, through my hardest challenges, social ones.

"Oh also why did you want John to be in the Safe House?"

"He wants to go onto the trip to Rowden because he is too worried about Seraphina." I told her a half truth.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

It was currently the later half of the fourth period and John was stood outside room 224, the Safe House. He remembered the time when during his reign of tyranny he had despised the Safe House and declared anyone who joined were enemies of him. How ironic that he's now the one joining it, "It's for Sera's." He thought to himself before taking a deep breath.

He swung open the door and stepping in with an air of strength surrounding him.Everyone turned to look at him, fearfully trembling.

"JOHN?!", many exclaimed in fear, "What's he doing here?"

"I mean no harm, I just want to visit." John declared before a loud slam of a book closing could be heard. Everyone turned to look at the direction of the noise, it was Kayden. He was sitting on a desk with legs up and was reading a book.

"Took you long enough." Kayden said breaking the silence that sat in the room.

"John you have one chance, any hostility and you're out." Remi declared with seriousness.

"WHAT!? REMI, WHY?!" Isen called out, thinking Remi must be insane

"We'd be hypocrites if we went against our rules," Remi replied.

"Everyone," Kayden said as he stood up, "Do not worry if my friend here ever becomes violent, because then... I will make him into human stew." Everyone felt partially assured but worried who they should be more scared for before chatter started popping up with words such as, "If Kayden says so maybe it's not so bad." 

"John come sit beside me." Kayden called out to his friend before John came walking towards him and took a seat on a chair beside Kayden as everyone went back to what they were doing with some nervousness and awkwardness while staying clear of John. Kayden and John decided to sit together and engage in a casual conversation about their experiences at school.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

A quarter of an hour later, it was near the end of the fourth period and Kayden would have to go to classes in the fifth. People had eventually began to not avoid John as they saw him being completely composed and relaxed and with Kayden's reassurance, everyone had relaxed a bit in the prescence of John but still had some fears of him.

The bell had rung meaning it was now the fifth period, Kayden decided to stay just a little longer and be a little late for classes to ensure that John was fine in the Safe House until 2 people had entered, it was Blyke and Seraphina. The redhead noticed John and had a spiteful look towards the ravenette, Remi walked to Blyke and explained the situation but the biggest action was by Seraphina, who walked to him and grabbed his hand.

"John can we talk for a sec?" She asked as she was dragging him out.

"Huh?" John was confused.

"Sorry John, looks like you're on your own with this one. I've got classes now." Kayden stated to him as he got up and walked out of the door, followed by Seraphina dragging John out of the door as everyone watched in silence.

The two were outside the room and Seraphina asked, "John, what are you doing here? I thought you wanted nothing with the Safe House".

"Well, I'm worried for you Sera. You see, remember that invisible stalker from the mall?" John said, "They're at Wellson and inside the Safe House, I think something bad will happen on the trip."

"You noticed." Seraphina thought.

"But you probrably know that by now because the other day, you probrably asked Arlo to come with you back at the waiting room becuase this is something you needed help with, right?" John asked, "Look, I can help too and can get Kayden too! I just need you to tell me what's going on!".

"For your own sake, forget about the trip and don't worry about me," Seraphina exclaimed, "please just focus on yourself."

"I CAN'T!"John exlaimed, "I've been thinking about this nonstop! I'll get on that trip and find out myself if you're unwilling!" He stormed off, in total frustration and concern.

"Sorry John, I just can't involve anyone else. Not Kayden, not Remi or Blyke and especially not you." Seraphina thought as she stood watching he beloved best friend walk away with her sky-blue eyes.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Kayden's POV

The sun had set, I was walking back to school dorms after spending time alone in Woaba Boba as John wanted to stay in his storm to think to himself and try get on the trip. I can't blame him but he worries too much. Although I suppose I will never understand it, I never had to worry about many things, old man Xavier was more than capable enough to defend himself and I never really had a friend like John or anyone else at Wellston.

I decided on walking a different route, through the alleyways. Although walking in these cramped, dirty and dark alleyways in the night is asking to be stabbed or beaten, but I should be more than strong enough to defend myself. However why do I have the feeling I'm being watched by someone?

There's no bioelectrical signals I can detect; there should be no one.

Wait.

I activated my ability on a low level to extend the range of my bioelectrical radar, and there it was. Someone out of place, here, something alerting. Then it clicked.

There's a Transcendent. One turn to the left, just ahead.

I sped up my walking towards the signal and someone was there. Wearing all black, tall, around early twenties and crimson eyes. 

I don't have a good feeling.

I concentrated aura to my right eye; he's around level 11.0. He smirked, "You're what the agent has reported as a threat to the plan." He quietly said. Agent? Is he refering to Terrance, I knew it and "plan" we were right  in saying that something is going to happen on the trip. So much for a normal life.

But, I smiled maniacally and my eyes glowed a beautiful mixture of aqua and purple sparks of electrical power apeared around me. This will be fun way to exercise, "A threat you call me? Wrong... I'm your demise".

Chapter 1.4 - End

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

A/N: That's another one and on a cliffhanger just because. Also rejoice it's a double uploud for this week. I'm going to do another either tomorrow or Wednesday/Thursday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450K 13.5K 96
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
182K 6.6K 93
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
258K 8.9K 104
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
484K 7.3K 82
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...