CHOSEN ✓ AVATAR

Oleh AnAprilAries

In this alternative universe, Jake Sully was born on Pandora in the Omatikaya Clan under the name Tsyeyk. Aqu... Lebih Banyak

CHARACTERS
CHAPTER 001
CHAPTER 002
CHAPTER 003
CHAPTER 004
CHAPTER 005
CHAPTER 006
CHAPTER 007
CHAPTER 008
CHAPTER 009
CHAPTER 010
CHAPTER 011
CHAPTER 012
CHAPTER 013
CHAPTER 014
CHAPTER 015
CHAPTER 016
CHAPTER 017
CHAPTER 019

CHAPTER 018

247 16 2
Oleh AnAprilAries

CHAPTER 018
-----------------------
WELCOME BACK

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

I STOOD AT THE ENTRANCE OF HOMETREE ALONG WITH MO'AT, NEYTIRI AND EYTUKAN. WAITING PATIENTLY FOR GRACE AND NORM TO ARRIVE.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little bit nervous of the outcome their presence in hometree may result in, but I trust that Grace and Norm won't do anything to upset the Omatikaya the way I did when I first arrived here.

My nervousness must be very noticeable, because Neytiri caught me biting my nails and the way my tail restlessly moved side to side. Her hand reached for my wrist, taking away my fingernails from my mouth and making me look up at her with a frown. For a fact, I could tell that she was enjoying my nervous demeanor, something that doesn't happen often, by the smile playing on her lips.

"What?" I asked rather harshly, making her laugh and let go of my wrist.

"You look funny when you are nervous" I rolled my eyes at her.

"Can you blame me?, I want everything to go perfect for everyone's sake" she just smiled and squeezed my upper arm in a comforting manner.

"And everything will be okay, you need to stop worrying"

"But what if-"

"They are here" she let go of me and started to walk to the entrance of hometree, where Grace and Norm stood in their Avatars.

I decided to wait for them while they exchanged some words and very happy smiles. They walked closer to us, drawing some attention to them.

Grace's grin got even bigger by addressing Mo'at, Eytukan and Neytiri. While they where talking, Grace introduced Norm to them, who couldn't hide how excited he was for being here.

After a little more talking and a warming welcome from the leaders, Grace approached a bunch of kids who seemed to recognize her from their years at her school.

I stood to the side with Neytiri and Norm, watching the scene unfold with a soft smile on my lips.

Grace and I's relationship might not be the best, but I'm glad that I was able to get her something she longed for. See again those people and children who had welcomed and loved her as if she were one of them.

After what she's done for me, it's the least I can do for her.

"She seems like a whole different person" Norm said, making my smile grow.

"She is happy, that's why" I answered without taking my eyes away from her and the kids playing with her hair. "I'm glad I could do this for her" I turned around, smiling at Neytiri for the opportunity to let them in here.

She returned a slight smile before nodding to Norm and walking over to Grace, catching the scientist's attention and taking her somewhere to surely talk in private.

There were things that surely had to be solved.

"Me too" he gave me a soft grin with his attention drawn to everything and everyone around him.

"Welcome to Hometree, Norm" his grin got bigger when he realized that this was not a dream.

His eyes were wide looking at everything around him like a kid in a toy store, which made me chuckle because I've never seen him like this before, not even when he talked about science, not even back at the camp in the Hallelujah mountains.

"Come with me, I'll give you a tour" I took his forearm and started to drag him away from the common area.

Now that we made peace between each other, I wanted to show Norm everything I've learned in the three and a half months I've been here.

[>>>]

"You good?" I asked when we reached the highest branch of hometree.

While I had already adjusted to the physical effort of the climb, Norm was panting and sweating as he holds on to his knees and tries to take in as much air as his lungs will allow.

I couldn't help but smile when I remembered that I was in his place two months ago.

"Yeah, yeah. Just (deep breath) give me one sec"

And I waited, while he recovered I observed my surroundings with that fascinated smile that appeared every time I admired the beauty of the forest around me.

I could never get tired of seeing this. It doesn't matter if I do it every hour every day. I will always find something new and more fascinating to observe.

"Okay, I'm good," I turned around as I saw Norm resume his upright posture and take one last deep breath before looking at me with a small, exhausted smile. "How is that you're not panting?"

"I'm used to it" I shrugged while he scoffed.

"Clearly" he murmured.

I rolled my eyes and turned again, walking even further away from him towards the thinnest part of the huge branch. Norm tried to follow me, but I motioned him to stop right where he was with a wave of my hand. He followed my instructions and waited.

As Neytiri had taught me, I made a sound similar to that of a bird. More like a calling than something meaningless.

I did it two more times until I caught the movement among the smaller branches with leaves.

"What are y-?"

And from among the branches, my Ikran appeared and landed in front of me. Flapping his wings with joy at seeing me again.

I smiled at him and immediately extended my hand to him, letting him approach my palm and rest his muzzle on it. He made small sounds that to me were affectionate and I got closer to him to pet him.

"Don't look at him in the eye, Norm," I warned, knowing full well that he was staring at the creature behind my back, clearly stunned.

"Sorry, sorry" he murmured.

I moved a little away from my Ikran and offered him a piece of meat that I had managed to get from the cooks. He bit into it and began to eat it with pleasure, caressing my face with his snout in gratitude for the snack.

I turned around, standing between the wing and the head of my Ikran, looking at Norm with a small smile.

"Norm" I called, getting him to raise his head and look at me instead of the Ikran. Following the order I gave him. "I want to introduce you to someone" I took a few steps forward and extended a hand, asking him to come closer.

He hesitated for a few seconds, but finally, he took my hand and slowly approached the animal that was observing him with curiosity and caution.

"Norm, this is Orion. My Ikran" I introduced him, pulling him a little closer. "Orion, this is Norm. My friend" I now addressed my Ikran.

Norm tried to reach for Orion's snout, but I immediately stopped him, knowing he had done so in the wrong way.

"Slowly, let him smell your scent" I instructed.

Norm followed my instructions and moved his hand a little closer, allowing Orion to sniff and decide whether to let him come closer or not.

After a few seconds, Orion placed his snout against the palm of Norm's hand, allowing him to pet him.

Norm let out a small, fascinated laugh and continued to provide Orion with tender caresses that were very well received.

I smiled at the scene in front of me.

"He's amazing" Norm whispered without taking his eyes away from Orion "He's bigger than the average Ikran and his colors make him stand out from the others" he started to ramble about Orion's unique characteristics. "He's one of a kind"

"I know. He's very special" I cooed, caring his neck lovingly.

Orion squawked and rubbed his head on my chest like a dog with his owner.

"You guys share a very special bond" Norm commented "I can see why he chose you" I looked up at him, frowning at his words but deciding not to say anything about it.

"He gave me one hell of a fight" I commented "But it was worth it" he chuckled, nodding and caressing Orion's head once again.

He does enjoy the attention and praises Norm is giving him.

"I wouldn't be surprised. Also, Orion?" he asked, turning to me "There weren't better names to choose?" Orion got offended and tried to bite him, but Norm took some steps back before Orion could do something.

I chuckled while Norm stared at Orion wide eyed.

"I thought you liked me?" he whispered, holding his hand to his chest while Orion huffed and turned his attention towards me.

"He really likes his name" I told Norm "I chose Orion because I just thought since I'm named after a constellation, he would like it. Besides, Orion means mountain, where he comes from" Norm looked at me surprised by my knowledge.

"Oh, well that makes sense" I rolled my eyes playfully and bonded with Orion before getting on his back.

"Enough talking, you want a once in a lifetime, for an Avatar or a human, experience?" I raised my eyebrows twice, waiting for his response.

When he realized what I was referring to, his eyes widened again and he shook his head numerous times, taking a few steps back.

"Come on, Norm! You'll love it, I promise" I put my right hand over my heart, sealing the promise.

"Are you sure?" I agreed.

He sighed and approached at a slow pace, considering whether Orion would let him get close to him or not. But Orion wouldn't do anything to him, after all, I had told him that he is my friend and Orion would never do anything that could hurt my friends.

I extended my hand to Norm and helped him climb onto Orion's back and position himself behind me. He did everything carefully and nervously, fearing that he would upset himself or Orion. Which was funny to me.

"Hold on tight" I indicated as I smiled maliciously and took the reins on the saddle, indicating Orion to take a few steps towards the edge of the huge branch.

Norm held on tightly to my waist as he watched the long fall into the void over my shoulder.

"Aquila, I'm not sure of th-!" I didn't let him finish when I ordered Orion to launch himself over the edge and dive.

"We're gonna die!"

[>>>]

"I can't believe you really managed to tame an Ikran" he said excitedly while we walked around the common area of ​​hometree.

We finished the tour an hour ago when we came back from our flight. Norm was not a fan of the heights that's for sure, but I could tell by the expression on his face that he really enjoyed it.

"I'm still surprised myself" I joked, remembering that day and how I almost died. Twice.

"This place is amazing" he said, coming to a stop and looking around with a glint in his eyes.

"I did tell you that you would come here one day, Didn't I?" He smiled brightly at me before grabbing me by the waist in a hug and spinning both of us around, making me laugh at his antics.

"I really owe you for this" he said once he put me down, still holding me by the waist while my hands where on his shoulders.

"You've done enough. You were the one who taught me a lot about Pandora and the Na'vi after all" he took a step back, freeing my waist and scratching his neck without looking at me in his eyes. He's embarrassed. "Thank you" I smiled gratefully at him, making him look at me, but his eyes were focused on mine for less than a second before drifting to something behind me.

"Someone wants to kill me" I frowned and was about to turn around, but Norm grabbed each side of my head, preventing me from doing so. "Don't be obvious" I acknowledged.

He let go of my head and I intended to look around for someone and when I turned, I could see Tsyeyk, in a group with other warriors and hunters, look our way.

I rolled my eyes with a soft smirk and turned to look at Norm.

"Don't pay him any attention" I dismissed "He's like that with outsiders"

"I don't think it's like that" I frowned at his words.

"Believe me, it is. He's still like that with me sometimes" I shrugged and Norm nodded, but I could see that he was not convinced. "Let's just find Grace, I want to know how she's doing" he nodded and we walked away. Norm sliding his arm around my shoulder and talking my ear off with curious facts about Pandora that I haven't learned yet.

THIRD PERSON POV

Tsyeyk didn't like the idea of ​​more demon dreamwalkers coming to his clan and he knew he wasn't the only one, but he didn't have a say in the matter because Mo'at made the decision before Neytiri, Tsu'tey or him could say something about it.

When he saw Grace walking into hometree he froze. The memories of the school coming back to him like it happened just yesterday instead of four years ago. He hasn't forgotten what happened that day and how he lost one of his best friends and original betrothed, Sylwanin, because of the skypeople. But after all this time he came to understand that it wasn't Grace's fault.

It took him almost four years to realize that.

He stood not so far away from all of them, watching as Neytiri, Mo'at and Eytukan spoke with Grace. But his eyes couldn't seem to focus on them, because they fell on Aquila and the other dreamwalker.

He looked away from them, just to look back when she held him by his forearm and dragged him to who knows where.

He didn't like the way she smiled at him while touching his arm or the way his eyes light up when they both got away from the rest. It made a strange feeling appear on his chest. Something similar to an uncomfortable burning that made him mad for some reason.

"Let's go, Tsyeyk!" Tsu'tey called from behind him. "What is taking you so long?" he asked his brother while trying to figure what caught his attention.

"Nothing, let's go" he dismissed and walked away from hometree with them. 

They needed to hunt before the eclipse fell for today's dinner, but even if he wanted to focus on the hunt, the image of Aquila and that weird looking dreamwalker never left his mind. Making him irritated.

[>>>]

After a long evening, the small group of hunters came back from the hunt and decided to just sit down and talk for a while to rest after they took their kills to the cooks. Tsyeyk was enjoying the conversation with his fellow companions, people he'd known all his life and trained with, when Seyä's voice caught the attention of everyone in their little circle.

"Do you think they're mates?" Tsyeyk frowned at his question, not knowing who he was talking about.

"Who?" Rangìo asked, turning in Seyä's direction as they all did.

"Aquila and that dreamwalker" he pointed in a direction to their left with a nod.

When Tsyeyk turned in that direction, he saw Aquila walking with that dreamwalker. Big smiles on their faces. They looked a little different, their hair and clothes in a mess. At that sight, an improper thought crossed his mind and made him growl by simply imagining them in that case scenario.

"I don't think so" Tsu'tey observed looking at them with his natural scowl, trying to figure out something by their behavior. "They seem like friends" he shrugged, not really caring about the matter.

"Very close friends they must be, then" Apyo, another warrior, said looking at them with a knowing grin that didn't sit right with Tsyeyk.

"I think they are mates" this time, Seyä said, turning to all of his friends "Think of it, I haven't seen Aquila be so close with any other male of the clan" they all took that fact into consideration.

"Neither have I" said Tsu'tey, side eyeing Tsyeyk to catch a glimpse of some kind of reaction and knowing that he's been spending long evenings with the girl in the forest doing who knows what.

"That could be the reason. She's already mated" confirmed Apyo, very confident on his resolve.

"I think you're right, I have never seen her do that with anyone" they all turned around immediately to see that dreamwalker lift Aquila by the waist and spin her around with huge smiles on their faces.

That made Tsyeyk mad once again for some reason. The same burning feeling from before returning to his chest and making him want nothing more than to go and slice his throat open with his knife.

He also didn't like the way Aquila smiled at him or how her hands came to a stop on his shoulders while his were on her waist, both of them not bothered or uncomfortable about their closeness.

"I think that answers our questions" said Tsu'tey, crossing his arms in front of his chest with an unnoticable smirk on his lips directed at Tsyeyk.

He knew something, he wasn't dumb.

And Tsyeyk knew that smirk very well. He's sure he'll hear their thoughts and suspicions about their recent behavior when they're alone.

"So she does have a mate" Seyä frowned, still looking in their direction. He seemed kind of disappointed "That sucks."

"Why?" Apyo asked, clearly interested in his words.

And Tsyeyk wanted to know too, because he could immediately read something on his face that didn't sit right with him.

"I mean, I know she's still training to become one of us, but I would have loved to have the opportunity to court her" they all looked at him shocked by his confession.

"I thought you said she was just another demon that deserved to be killed" Apyo reminded him the words he said the night Aquila arrived at the Clan.

He thought the same as everyone else in the Clan.

"I did, but now that I've seen her training and how she came to respect the forest and relate to our way of living and culture, I couldn't help myself to develop some feelings" he shrugged, not caring if his friends made fun of him by his confession.

"Well, I can't blame you" Apyo spoke this time. Making them now look at him. "She's very beautiful. One of the most beautiful women of the clan if you ask me"

Tsyeyk felt his blood boil inside. He was struggling to not just jump at them and punch them right in the face. They were telling the truth, even if he didn't want to admit their words were right, but for some reason he didn't like to hear them talk about her in that way.

"What do you think, Tsyeyk?" the mentioned looked up at his brother, who gave him that knowing look again.

"About?" I pretended that he wasn't interested in the topic at all.

"Aquila, of course" the four men looked at him, waiting for an answer.

He didn't want them to notice how he was feeling inside, so he just ignored them and said.

"I don't care" Seyä, Rangìo and Apyo rolled their eyes, obviously expecting an answer like that from Tsyeyk, but Tsu'tey just shot him a teasing smirk and changed the subject.

That way, Tsyeyk knew he wouldn't hear the end of it.

A/N:

HERE YOU GO!.

Another chapter, right on time.

I hope you enjoyed as much as I did while writing it.

Besos y abrazos.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

189K 5.3K 20
You are Y/N Eastwood. You are invited into the avatar program as an illustrator and writer. You befriend Norm and Jake. For a while, all is well. But...
190K 5K 30
Abandoned from birth. Trained to kill from a young age. obsessed with escaping earth and exploring the world of Pandora. A young girl finds a book al...
437K 13.3K 17
(Y/N) was always a special Na'vi since she was born, and thanks to the Sully family, she grew up in a loved and cared for environment. Though, she di...
119K 3.2K 20
- Jake Sully X Reader (Avatar Fan-Fiction) - |Avatar Franchise| - Book 1 - Taking place in Pandora, Y/n Te Tskaha Mo'at'ite, is the younger sister o...