At The End Of The Tunnel

By jaydenkingg

[BoyxBoy] Kai Carter has been through hell and back. His parents are abusive, homophobic and don't support h... More

1) Alone
2) Bad Parenting
3) Down Memory Lane
4) The Outcast Alliance
5) Sundays
6) Friendship Unlocked
7) I Feel Important
8) Paint Me
9) End Product
10) Is That Jealousy?
11) But, It's Midnight
12) Your Parents Are Jackasses
13) Deep Breaths Damien, Deep Breaths
14) Don't Lie To Me, Kai
15) You, Me And The Guys
16) The Lake
18) Oui
19) Bonfire
20) The Day After
21) The Drive
22) A Little Obsessed
23) Welcome
24) Senior Field Trip (Pt.1)
25) Senior Field Trip (Pt.2)
26) Boyfriend?
27) Welcome To The Family
28) Spilling Secrets
29) Happy And Free
30) Everyone Will Know
31) I Just Wanna Be Left Alone
32) Karma Really Is A Bitch
33) Somewhere In The Distance
34) Better Off Broken
35) This Is What It Feels Like
36) Never Alone
Epilogue

17) A Good Stalker

17K 516 225
By jaydenkingg

Song: Don't Delete The Kisses by Wolf Alice.

Kai Carter (POV)

I had a dream last night where I kissed Damien Beckett. His lips were soft, softer than I thought they would be, and he kissed me delicately. His kisses felt like a butterfly gently beating it's wings against my lips.

The kiss was absolutely amazing and felt so real, but of course it doesn't even come close to the kiss that we shared on Friday night.

It was now Monday morning, and I haven't heard anything from Damien as yet. I tried to not let it bother me, but it kinda does. What if he regrets kissing me? Well, at least I'd be able to say that I kissed my crush. Not everyone can say that.

Of course I had a few questions in mind. Like, was Damien gay? No, he can't be. I've heard the rumours of him sleeping around with different girls. Unless they are just rumours. And also, did he kissing me means that he liked me? Or was he just experimenting?

Either way, I couldn't just lie in bed thinking about Damien all day, I needed to get my ass to school, where I might actually have a chance of meeting up with him. So I reluctantly got out of bed and started getting ready for school. My parents weren't home all weekend so I'm bruise free.

After taking a quick shower, I stood in front of my closet trying to pick something to wear. I didn't have that many options, but I felt the need to put some extra effort into what I wore today.

After what felt like hours, I ended up wearing a brown jean jumpsuit with a white under shirt and a pair of white sneakers. I had an internal argument of weather or not I should wear a black baseball cap, and decided against it. After giving myself a one over in the mirror, I headed down stairs.

When I opened the door, I was shocked.

I was not expecting to see Damien Beckett leaning on the hood of his grey sports sudan. He smirked at me. "Not expecting to see me?" He asked.

I laughed nervously. "W-what are you doing here?"

"Aww, did you not want to see me?"

"No!" I yelled a bit too loud. Then I lowered my voice. "No, th-that's not it. I just wasn't expecting to see you here, that's all."

Damien chuckled and leaned off of the car. "Are you stammering again?" He asked walking closer to me.

When he was right in front of me, he leaned and whispered in my ear, "Do I make you nervous?"

A shiver ran down my spine. "Kind of." I whispered.

He chuckled and pulled away almost causing me to whine. I wanted him to kiss me again like he did on Friday night, but he didn't. "Come on, let's head to school."

The ride to school was mainly quiet with light conversation. The radio was on, playing some eighties rock music which I really liked. However, on the entire ride I just wanted to talk to Damien about the kiss on Friday, but he didn't bring it up, so I didn't know if I should bring it up.

When we entered the school parking lot and Damien turned off the engine and was about to get out of the car, I couldn't take it on any longer. I wanted to say something about the kiss. And I did.

"Hey." I said causing Damien to pause with his hand on the door handle.

He turned towards me. "Whats up?"

" I...I uhhh, I just wanted to talk about what happened on Friday night." I said nervously.

Damien sat up straight. "You mean the kiss?"

"Yes. Yes the kiss."

"Shit," Damien cussed and swiped his hand down his face. "I'm so sorry Kai, I really messed up."

That was not the response that I was expecting. He messed up? What the fuck did he mean that he messed up. I fucking knew it. This was way too good to be true. Why on earth would a guy like Damien want to kiss a fucking loser like me.

My heart broke and I wanted to cry, but I had to act nonchalant, so I heald back the tears, and in the steadiest voice that I could manage I asked: "What do you mean you messed up?"

He sighed. "I kissed you and I didn't message or call you or anything after. I'm so terrible." He said. "But in my defense, I did lose my phone at the lake so that's why I couldn't get in touch with you."

Phew. I let out a breath I didn't even know that I was holding. "So you didn't regret kissing me?" I asked before I could stop myself.

Damien looked at me as if I just told him that I was a cannibal. "What?!" He screeched. "Is that what you thought?"

I shook my head guiltily.

"Oh my god, Kai, I'm so sorry that I made you feel that way. I will never, ever, EVER regret kissing you." He said and grabbed my face and heald it in his two hands. "Do you understand me?"

I nodded my head yes. "Yes."

"Good." He said then proceeded to give me a quick kiss on the lips, which caused my heart to nearly leap out of my chest.

"Now let's hurry up before we're late." Damien said and hopped out of the car. He rushed to my side and opened the door for me to get out, and closed it behind me.

After that, the two of us went our separate ways, because we had different classes.

***

I was on my merry way waking to one of my classes when I heard a voice say something.

"I saw you getting out of Damien's car this morning. What's up with that?" A girl named Wendy asked me with attitude lacing her tone.

This is the first time Wendy has ever spoken to me. She was one of the 'popular' girls.

"Huh?" I asked because sometimes I like to pretend that I didn't hear something just to make the person repeat themselves.

"I said," She placed her hand on her hips. "I saw you getting out of Damien's car this morning. What. Was. That. About." She said pausing after each word.

I rolled my eyes. I seriously didn't have time for this. "He's my friend. He gave me a ride."

She raised one eyebrow "A ride?"

I sighed. "Yes Wendy, a ride. Or is my friend not allowed to give me a ride."

She removed her hands from her hips and folded her arms. "Then why did he open the door for you?"

Hmm, she got me there. Damien does have a habit of opening and closing doors for me. I'll just play dumb. "I don't know what you're talking about. And why do you even care so much? What are you, Damien's keeper?"

"I care because Damien is mine. I'm the first girl he's ever hooked up with, and the only one who he's went all the way with. So stay away from him." She said and pushed her way passed me, and walked away with her friends who were waiting for her.

I've heard lots about Wendy. She was rumered to be the only girl that Damien has ever went all the way with. Well, at least that's the rumour she puts out.

She's pretty with her strawberry blonde curly hair, blue eyes and slim body. She and Damien would definitely make a really good couple visually.

I sighed and walked to my next class, AP Biology.

***

"Anyone who doesn't like coffee, needs a first class ticket to hell, because that is a sin." Juan said.

"Coffee is really not all that. And I think you should really cut on your caffeine intake, because you have way too much energy to talk shit." Austin told him.

Juan gasped. "How could you say such horrendous things?"

"what? That coffee isn't really all that, or you should cut on your intake?"

"Both." He said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Are these two still talking about coffee?" Stacy asked sitting next to me.

"Yep. They haven't changed the topic. Not once." I answered.

"It's Austin and Juan, what do you expect?"

"Nothing much to be honest." I said and the two of us laughed.

"Hey I'm going to the bathroom and I'll just head to my next class after, because the bell's going to ring anytime soon." I told Stacy and before she could reply, I took my bag and left.

After using the bathroom, and washing my hands, I was walking down one of the hallways when someone grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into a class causing me to let out a high pitched squeak.

When I realized who it was, I hit the person in their chest. "What the hell Damien? You almost gave me a heart attack." I scolded him.

"Sorry." He said. "That was not my intention. Are you okay?" He asked.

I let out a deep breath. "Yeah I'm okay. What's so important that you hand to kidnap me and bring me in here?" I asked him.

He chuckled. "I didn't kidnap you."

"You kinda did."

He let out another deep chuckle. "I just wanted to see you. I've been thinking about you all day." That made my heart skip a few beats.

He lifted his hand and placed it against my cheek. "Kai,"

"Yes." I answered with a nervous breath.

"Can I kiss you?" His deep voice asked softly.

All it took was a single nod of my head yes for Damien to push me against the closed door and press his lips against mine. My arms immidiately wrapped firmly around Damiens neck while his hands held my hips firmly.

After awhile of soft kissing, Damien gently bit my bottom lip asking permission for his tongue to enter my mouth. I opened my mouth and his tongue immediately invaded. At first, we battled for dominance, but it was was clear who was winning the battle, and it was over before it even began.

Damien lips tasted of coconut, from the lip balm that he uses, and his mouth tasted of mint and strawberries.

We kissed for what felt like forever. My hands was now buried in Damien's raven black hair, and I was pulled firmly against him, as our tongues moved in what felt like a never ending dance.

The moment was disrupted by the loud shrilling of the bell. The two of us pulled away but didn't disconnect our foreheads. "You should get to class." Damien said. "I don't want you getting in trouble because of me." He said breathlessly.

I nodded. "That's a good idea. You go first." I told him.

"Okay" He said. Before he opened the door, he turned around and gave me one final kiss on my forehead and left the room leaving me standing in the room bewildered.

Damien kissed me again, FOR THE THIRD TIME!! I can die happy.

When I finally left the classroom, I saw Wendy standing at the end of the hall giving me the second most deadliest death glare that I've seen to date. Of course the first one is my father's. I just acted as if I didn't see her and turned to go to my next class.

***

It was almost closing time at the diner. The last few customers had just left and Harvy and I were having a conversation about rock bands.

"Dude I'm telling you that Green Day is one of the best rock bands out there." Harvy said.

"Green Day? You mean the guys that sing '21 guns?" I asked.

"Yeahhh that's the one."

"I don't really know that many songs by them." I admitted.

Harvy gasped. "Dude you should totally check out their catalogue, I promise you won't regret it."

"Ok. I mean I do like that 21 guns song."

"Yeah it's great. First song I learned to play on my electric guitar."

"Okay, you two can go home now." M said.

I turned to look at her. "Are you sure? We still have ten minutes until closing time." I said causing Harvy to elbow me in the ribs and give me an annoyed look.

M laughed. It's fine, my husband and I will close up, besides Harvy looks tired.

After hugging M goodbye, Harvy and I headed out of the door. " Why did you elbow me?" I asked.

"Because who the hell says no to going home early?" He asked. "Besides I have a hot chick waiting on me at home. Wouldn't want to keep her waiting." He winked.

I made a gagging sound, causing him to shove me playfully. "Do you want a ride home?" He asked pointing to his motorbike.

I shook my head. "Nah I'm good."

He laughed. "I guess you're still scared of my bike. Your loss." He said hopping on his bike and speeding away.

Just as I was starting to walk in the direction of my home, a grey cadillac cts-v pulled up next to me. I immidiately knew who it was.

The glass rolled down to reveal a Damien Beckett. "Get in." He instructed.

I did as he said, and once I was buckled up with my seat belt, I looked towards him. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to drive you home silly." He said. "I came at the time that you guys normally close, but then I saw you walking in the distance."

"So you came here specifically for me?"

He turned to look at me. "Yes, why else would I be here?"

I smiled. "That's kinda stalkerish."

He laughed. "Stalkerish? Thats not even a word."

I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted. "It's a word in my dictionary."

He turned to look at me and pinched my cheeks. "Aww, look the baby's mad."

Then he continued. "Would a stalker ever drive you home?"

I turned to look at him. "Maybe you're a good stalker." I said causing him to chuckle.

***

-JAY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 3.9K 53
[completed] Kaiden Pierce fell for Nathan Summers at a camp. After two months of pining and resigning to the fact that he won't see his one sided cru...
15.4K 659 22
Previously known as "Alpha Damian (boyxboy)" /Werewolf/Romance/Love Triangle/Gay/ [bxb] Alec has been angry ever since the death of his father. Two y...
King's Guard By kara

General Fiction

3.1M 122K 47
"Why are you staring at me like that?" "Like what?" "Like you want to tear off my clothes." "And what if I do?" ~~~ Kingsley didn't believe in love...
3.2M 122K 49
*** COMPLETED *** Sixteen year old Daniel Layman has been bullied since he came out. His best friend and protector Sean, moved to Los Angeles leaving...