RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.1) (M...

By ZANE_555

It's been a long time since Y/N step foot in Vale. He was searching for information as best he can. Until he... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33

Chapter 32

584 15 0
By ZANE_555

Back at Tuckson's bookstore, Blake and Yang are settling in for the night with Yang taking Tuckson's couch. During some pleasant conversation, the White Fang crops up.

Blake: "I heard rumors of them suddenly committing more crimes inside of Vale."

Yang: "Huh, that news never reached to Beacon's rumor mill."

Blake: "Well, it doesn't help that I avoid anything White Fang related while at Beacon. Still, I don't know why the White Fang would do any crime in Vale. It's arguably one of the nicest kingdoms towards the Faunus. I wonder, if them being framed is true or not?"

Yang: "Frame?"

Tuckson joins and chimes in.

Tuckson: "I'm surprised you heard about those rumors, Blake. Someone is trying to frame the White Fang for their own crimes."

Blake: "That... That's horrible. If that's true, then these crimes are only going to affect badly to the public's perception of the Faunus, and it'll just make the White Fang more violent in return for their damaged reputation."

Yang then gets an idea of clearing the White Fang's name.

Yang: "The only way to prove that they didn't do these crimes, is to go to the place where people would expect the White Fang to rob and end up not finding them. Right?"

Blake and Tuckson both blink at Yang's logic, giving them seconds of pause until Tuckson comments. 

Tuckson: "Hmm... there are priceless art pieces from Mantle being shipped in for the Vytal Festival."

Blake and Yang already knew how precious these pieces are because the censorship of art in Mantle during Oobleck's history class. Determined, Yang and Blake set off to stop the crime with Yang sending a quick message to Ruby and Y/N to meet them at the docks where the art pieces are being sent.

(Beacon's Dorm Rooms)

Meanwhile, Ruby, who is eating pancakes with Weiss, Y/N, and JNPR, being interrupted by the message. Everyone in the room (Team JNPR's dorm to be exact) seems to be having a good time but, Ruby's eyes bug out at the message as she grabs Weiss with Y/N now reading the message Yang sent.

 Y/N: ("Ah, crap.")

Before booking out of JNPR's dorm with Weiss, Ruby turn to look at Y/N.

Ruby: "Y/N! We gotta go! Bye, guys!"

Y/N chase after them, saying his goodbye to Team JNPR. 

Nora: "Eh."

Nora just shrugs it off and continues eating while the other three just watch in confusion. Jaune looks at Ren.

Jaune: "What was that about?"

Ren: "I have no idea."

________________________________________________________________________________

When Yang and Blake arrive to the docks, they find the dock's guards and workers either unconscious or dead with the place crawling with White Fang imposters. Blake also spots Roman among them.

Roman: "Hey! What's the holdup!?"

The thieves look up at Roman gesturing widely and coming down the ramp.

Roman: "We're not exactly the most inconspicuous bunch of thieves at the moment, so why don't you idiots try and pick up the pace?"

In her rage and frustration over these imposters, Blake quickly sneaks over to hold him hostage from behind.

Roman: "What the- Oh, for f-"

As Blake takes off her bow, she pleads to the Faunus in the crowd of robbers to think about what they're doing.

Blake: "Think about it! What you're doing will only hurt the image and reputation of the Faunus to the rest of the world!"

Two of them give pauses while the rest aren't impressed by her remark. Roman laughs her off.

Roman: "What reputation!?"

Before using his cane to fire at Blake's feet to escape from her grasp.

Blake: "...?!"

Yang: "Blake!"

Yang rush in to Blake's side with Blake manage to survive the blast with a shadow clone. Soon enough, a fight between Roman, his men, Blake, and Yang ensues. Yang is of course, a powerhouse, beating up every grunt. Punching them, elbowing them, and punching them some more. During this fight, Roman looks at Yang as he begins to recall.

Roman: "Huh, I think saw you before at Junior's, Blondie... heh, what a dumb coincidence."

Roman goes to shoot a blast from his cane at Yang, causing an explosion. Once the smoke clear, Roman is surprised to see Y/N behind Yang, holding Crimson and Violet, having block the blast with his two pistols.

Yang: "Y/N!"

Roman: "Ah, great. It's you."

Y/N: "Hello, Torchwick. It's been a while."

As he said this, Y/N charge forward, shooting at Roman while the crime boss does his best to dodge and block them. Y/N transform his pistols into swords, clashing with his cane. As the two trade blow after blow, the crime boss comments. 

Roman: "What? Red is not here to back you up?"

Y/N just snickers back. 

Y/N: "Please. I still got back-up."

Roman kick him off to the side, behind some large crates. Y/N was about to shoot at the crime boss until a long chain wrap around Y/N's waist, pulling him away from the fight.

Roman: "What the?"

Blake & Yang: "Y/N!!"

As Y/N get flung back, he ends up hitting the side of a large dust crate before crashing down on the ground. He looks up to see his masked cousin, walking slowly towards him. 

Y/N: "Darius? What are you doing here?"

In response, Darius uses his Shockwave to forcibly push Y/N back on the large crates, crashing into them. Darius dash over to Y/N to strike at him with his katana only to be block by Y/N's swords.

Darius: ("I'm not convinced... that you of all people could change... not after everything you put me through... after everything you did.")

Y/N manage to push him back as he goes to draw out Grimm Slayer. Darius drops the chain he used on him and set his fighting stance.

________________________________________________________________________________

During all of this, Ruby and Weiss are rushing to back up Yang and Blake using Ruby's semblance, with Ruby even seeing Yang take damage on her team leader's read out, she has on her scroll. Blake's status on the team leader read out is unavailable because she shut off her scroll so, they wouldn't be able to track her. 

Weiss: "Where did Y/N go?"

Ruby: "He said he went ahead of us."

Spurred onward by their teammates being in danger, the two are hightailing it, running as fast as they could until they bump into Penny from her side, who is doing a surprising amount of work by herself aka holding four large trash bins. The three end up collapsing to the concrete floor. 

As the three girls get back on their feet, Ruby addresses to Penny and asks.

Ruby: "Penny? What are you doing here?"

Penny is quick to reply. 

Penny: "Oh. Hey guys. I've been doing some clean-up and helping set up for the Vtyal Festival. The other workers have to sleep for the day."

The heiress angrily asks.

Weiss: "You're doing this at night?!"

Still smiling, Penny responds.

Penny: "Of course!"

Before any of them can say another word, Ruby cuts in.

Ruby: "We don't have time! We have to get to the docks."

Curiously, Penny goes to ask.

Penny: "Oh? But why?"

They then explained the situation to Penny. That Yang and Blake are in danger and Y/N went ahead without them to go to the docks to aid them. Absorbing their words, Penny place her hands happily together. 

Penny: "Yang found Blake? Stupendous! I saw Yang earlier. She was looking for Blake and asked me where Blake was, and I pointed her in the right direction."

Groaning to herself, Weiss turns to Ruby.

Weiss: "I suggest we leave."

Ruby nods to that.

Ruby: "Alright. Thanks for telling us, Penny."

Penny: "Wait! I want to join you guys. I can help."

Ruby and Weiss share a quick look only to look back at Penny.

Weiss: "I'm not so sure."

Ruby: "Penny, it's going to be dangerous, you know."

Penny smilingly replies and gives a salute to them.

Penny: "Don't worry because I'm combat-ready!"

Ruby seems torn and Weiss just pinches her brow before dragging Ruby towards the docks. 

Weiss: "This weirdo can do whatever she wants. We got to get to the docks."

Penny begins following after them and asks chipperly.

Penny: "Should I call the authorities?"

Weiss: "Yeah, sure. Whatever."

They get going as they rush over to aid Yang, Blake, and Y/N as Penny calls the cops.

________________________________________________________________________________

Back with Yang and Blake, who have taken down most of Roman's goons, leaving Roman on his own. Roman manages to hold off Blake but, Yang begins proving to be an issue as she constantly punches viciously at him as he tries to block them with his cane and getting push back by her.

Roman: ("Damn it! Where the hell is Neo?!")

Right on cue, one of his Bullhead arrived to deliver Neo as she jumps out to block Yang's punch meant for Roman with her parasol.

Yang: "Out of my way!"

The blonde goes to punch Neo only for Neo to dodge her attack and using her maneuverability to send Yang flying a few meters away. With both girls being outclassed by the two criminals at every turn. Roman gets the upper hand on Blake, striking her with his cane and kicking her away as her aura flare up, meaning she's running out of aura. He fires a shot only for it to be blocked by a sudden wall of ice. 

Roman: "Again?!"

Blake looks up to find Weiss and Ruby, both out of breath from rushing, standing defensively in front of her. Blake is happy to see Ruby but, confused to see Weiss, who simply says.

Weiss: "We'll talk when we all get out of this alive."

Team RWBY finally unit together and Ruby and Roman share a little banter.

Roman: "Hey there, Red. Isn't pass your bedtime?"

Ruby: "I can sleep pass nine 'o clock, Torchwick!"

Yang looks at her team before looking back her opponents. Neo just smirks, aiming at her parasol at them.

Yang: "Careful about Snowcone over there. She's a slippery one."

Weiss: "Where's Y/N?"

Blake: "I think one of Roman's goons took him away. Y/N is probably fighting them off right now."

After some thinking, Ruby proposes a plan.

Ruby: "I got an idea. Blake and Weiss. Go after Snowcone. Yang and I will handle Torchwick."

They soon charge at the two criminals in different directions with Roman trying to shoot them and Neo prepare to strike at them.

Back with Y/N, he and Darius continues to clash sword before breaking off. Darius charges forward and tries to parry his guard away. In turn, Y/N tries to keep him away from him. Y/N then run up the side of a large crate, doing an upside-down swing at Darius. He blocks it and grabs Y/N's arm, tossing him to the ground.

Darius: "Time to end this."

Y/N: "I'm not done."

He takes out Crimson and Violet, making Darius back up as Y/N shoot his legs. Darius quickly dodges most of them only for a few to land on his legs. He winces in pain before Y/N tries to strike at him but, he uses his katana to block it. With no option left, Y/N start to headbutt him, which to his surprise, it works. He activates his gauntlets, moving around him as he kick and punch him in random areas. As he does this, Y/N goes to pin Darius down, making sure he doesn't escape.

Y/N: "Darius... just surrender... please... I don't want to hurt you anymore."

Gritting his teeth, Darius manages to free one of his arms as he elbows Y/N to let him go, which it does. He unleashes his anger, punching Y/N in the face, and knee him in the stomach. Simultaneously, Y/N turn Crimson into its blade mode as Darius goes to get his katana to strike him. Y/N manage to roll away from his strike. Y/N goes to shoot his weapon away only for Darius to block them, kicking him against the wall of large crates behind him.

Back with Team RWBY, their strategy ends with the team gaining territory against the criminal duo. To the point that Weiss use her glyphs to launch Neo away from Yang, much to Roman's shock. 

Roman: "Neo?!"

Roman tries to make sure if Neo is alright only to block by Blake and Ruby. Frustrated, Roman continues to fight them, swinging his cane and shooting them away.

Back with Neo, she slowly gets back up only to be surprised to see Y/N, being pin against the wall of dust crates by a hooded Grimm mask-wearing person. Darius, unaware of Neo's presence, breathes heavily as he goes to punch and knee Y/N several times before abruptly dropping him on the ground. 

Darius: "I used to think you were my cousin. Now... you need to die, Y/N. For my sake, for her sake, and for Remnant's sake."

Katana in hand, Darius raise his weapon, about to bring its blade down on Y/N's chest only for someone to kick him away, sending him flying several feet away and crashing into some crates. Y/N slowly look up to see a familiar figure with a parasol.

Y/N: "Neo?"

The concerned mute girl quickly help Y/N get back up. As Y/N get his hands on his weapons, he looks back at Neo and asks, puzzled.

Y/N: "What are you doing here?"

Taking out her scroll, Neo goes to type down her answer and show it to him. 

Neo: "I'm assisting someone."

Y/N: "Oh right, your job... but why did you come to save me?"

Neo quickly try to type down her response only to blush a bit, deleting it immediately and replace it with a new one before displaying it to him.

Neo: "I save you, which means you own me some ice cream."

Y/N gives him a warm smile.

Y/N: "Sure thing."

Neo look away a bit, hiding her slightly blushing face.

Y/N: "Look out!"

Y/N push Neo away from Darius's Shockwave as he manages to block it with Grimm Slayer, only sliding a little bit. Darius slowly walks towards them, completely enraged but also injured.

Darius: "Stay out of the way!"

He uses another shockwave at Neo only for her to shatter into glass once she made contact with it, leaving Darius utterly surprise.

Darius: "What the hell?"

Y/N: ("So that's her semblance.")

Relieved that she left unscathed, Y/N turn his attention to Darius, eyes turning crimson red. A huge aura form around him, forming a bright black and red outline. Upon seeing this, Darius's expression is mixed with fear and anger.

Y/N: "Darius... if you don't keep hurting yourself... just surrender..."

He extends a hand to him, expecting Darius to take it as he gazes upon it. Darius slowly removes his Grimm mask to look at Y/N with a deadpan expression.

Darius: "You think it's that easy, huh? That I would just accept being defeated by you... again? No... I have to kill you... no matter what..."

Y/N: "But why?! Why is it so important to have me killed!? Is it because of Brightwell? Is it something else?"

Darius just laughs for a moment.

Darius: "You and I both know that Remnant is a bigger place than our hometown. Since you left me to die, I was saved. And now-"

Before he could finish, Darius suddenly starts coughing up a good amount of blood, much to Y/N's shock.

Y/N: "Darius!"

Y/N tries to rush to Darius's side only for him to use his Shockwave to push him away several feet away.

Darius: "If I'm unable to kill you. Then she will." 

As he said this, the injured Darius quickly dash away, fading away from Y/N's sight. Y/N tires to go after him, but his injuries and his aura running out prevent him from going further.

Y/N: ("She...? Did she made you like this, Darius?")

Back with Roman and Neo, they continue to struggle fending off Team RWBY until the rest of Roman's bullhead fleet show up and begins firing down at the team, to the point that Weiss is having difficulty maintaining defensive ice walls. Penny steps into the fight, having seemed hesitant during the entire confrontation.

Ruby: "Penny!? What are you doing!?"

Penny: "Not to worry, Ruby. I'm combat-ready!"

She jumps forward with her swords and blows each of the Bullheads with several of them crashing into a nearby building. 

Ruby: "Oh my gosh! Are the people okay!?"

Ruby was about to run to make sure the people in the building are safe. Only for Penny to inform her.

Penny: "Don't worry, Ruby. It's abandoned train station and thus there should be no casualties from anyone other than the opposition."

Realizing the situation is going south for him, Roman hops on a nearby Bullhead.

Roman: "Neo! Get in!"  

The two criminals try to take off with a few remaining goons only to be shot down by Penny's swords.

Penny: "I don't think so."

Not a moment later, the Bullhead crash into the same train station as the rest. After all the damage, the old train station finally collapses in on itself just as the authorities begin to arrive. This prompt the team to let out a sigh of relief. After that, the injured Y/N manage to regroup with his team, which they soon take notice of his presence.

Y/N: "Hey..."

Yang & Blake: "Y/N!"

The two girls run up to him, hugging him. 

Blake: "I... I thought you were in danger!"

Yang: "What happened?"

Y/N ponder over what to say to his team before responding.

Y/N: "One of Roman's goons got the better of me, but don't worry I manage to defeat him."

Blake starts to cry in his arms with Yang as both Ruby and Weiss turn away a bit to leave them for a moment. Soon enough, they hear police sirens in the distance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 163 16
Torchwick is finally behind bars and the White Fang have been quiet for weeks, leaving RWBY and the other teams of Beacon to look forward to the Vyta...
7.4K 190 43
Here is the sixth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doing is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing...
14.3K 285 9
An evil plan revealed. A terrible truth uncovered. Even after they had stopped Roman in his heist, Team RWBY aren't convinced it's over and with the...
340K 5.3K 25
The world of Remnant is home to many mysteries and myths. Y/N one of the very few who knew the truth was highly capable to combat these threats but e...