At The End Of The Tunnel

By jaydenkingg

[BoyxBoy] Kai Carter has been through hell and back. His parents are abusive, homophobic and don't support h... More

1) Alone
2) Bad Parenting
3) Down Memory Lane
4) The Outcast Alliance
5) Sundays
6) Friendship Unlocked
7) I Feel Important
8) Paint Me
9) End Product
10) Is That Jealousy?
11) But, It's Midnight
12) Your Parents Are Jackasses
13) Deep Breaths Damien, Deep Breaths
14) Don't Lie To Me, Kai
15) You, Me And The Guys
17) A Good Stalker
18) Oui
19) Bonfire
20) The Day After
21) The Drive
22) A Little Obsessed
23) Welcome
24) Senior Field Trip (Pt.1)
25) Senior Field Trip (Pt.2)
26) Boyfriend?
27) Welcome To The Family
28) Spilling Secrets
29) Happy And Free
30) Everyone Will Know
31) I Just Wanna Be Left Alone
32) Karma Really Is A Bitch
33) Somewhere In The Distance
34) Better Off Broken
35) This Is What It Feels Like
36) Never Alone
Epilogue

16) The Lake

16.6K 570 293
By jaydenkingg

SONG: Like Real People Do by Hozier.

Third Person (POV)

The lake is still and quiet, with only the sounds of crickets and frogs in the distance. The water is dark and cold, with a slight chill in the air. The moon is full and bright, casting a silver glow across the surface of the lake. The water is still and calm, reflecting the moons face like a mirror. The trees around the lake are tall and dark, casting long shadows onto the water. The scene is peaceful and serene, but there is also a sense of mystery and intrigue in the air.

The sound of car engines in the distance is a low and steady hum, like a distant rumble. It's a constant reminder of the world beyond the peaceful and quiet lake. The sound of the engines is muffled by the distance and the trees, but it's still audible, creating a sense of connection to the world outside.

The sound of the engines grows louder and louder, as four vehicles come into view, parked near the lake. The cars' headlights illuminate the area, casting a bright light on the trees and the water. Among the vehicles is a sleek Cadillac CTS-V, it's grey exterior glinting in the moonlight.

Out of the cars' emerged seven teenagers, crowding the once peaceful and desolate area. The stillness of the area was broken by the sudden eruption of conversation, as the sound of many voices rose and mingled together, filling the air with a lively and animated buzz.

"Ten bucks if you jump in the water fully clothed." Jack said to Leo.

"Make it twenty and we have a deal." Leo answered.

"Ok deal."

"Are you crazy?" Holly said. "You're going to get sick if you do that."

"He won't get sick, and if he does he has the perfect excuse to miss school, which means that he'll get extra time to study for that physics exam. Right Leo."

"You know that is a really good idea." Leo said. "I might as well fake sick."

"Seriously Leo, the water is like six degrees."

"Don't worry!" He yelled already edging closer to the water. "I'll buy cough syrup with the twenty dollars I'm about to get from Jack."

Holly sighed. "Le-"

She was cut of by Damien placing a hand on her shoulder. "Just leave him, you know that Leo is attracted to stupid decisions."

Then he yelled. "I'll make it fifty if you jump from that rock." He said pointing to an elivated rock and making his way to the other two boys.

"Seriously Damien? I can't believe you."

"Oh lighten up Holly." Said Emma. "Whats the point of coming to the lake if we're not going to go into the water."

Kai stood awkwardly by a rock while the rest of the group edged towards the water. "Not a fan of the water?" A voice said from behind Kai causing him to clutch his chest in terror.

Kai turned around to see who the voice belonged to. He saw Rob standing a few feet behind him with his hands in his pockets. "You kinda scared me."

Rob chuckled which took Kai by suprise. This was the first time that he ever heard Rob laugh, he was the most serious out of the group. "Sorry, that wasn't my intention. Why are you not swimming with the others?"

"I just don't want to go in because Damien said that it might be cold. I don't wanna get sick or anything like that." Kai told him.

"Ok." Rob said.

After that the two fell into an awkward scilence for a few seconds. Rob then sat down on the rock, with Kai following his example. Then Kai broke the scilence.

"Why aren't you going in?" He asked.

"Huh?"

"The water, why aren't you going in the water." Kai asked.

"Aquaphobia." Rob said staring straight into the distance.

"You're scared of water?"

Rob turned to look at Kai with a hint of amusement written on his face. "Thats one way to put it."

"You know there aren't monsters or anything like that at the bottom of the lake, right?" Kai said smiling.

"Okay marine biologist, when you get proof of that, then I'll believe you. Until then my ass is going to stay out of the water and dry.

Kai chuckled."You're kinda funny."

"So I've been told."

After that, there was more scilence but it was less awkward than the first time. This time it was Rob who broke the scilence.

"You know, I heard that there are alligators in that water. I hope Leo is the first one to go down." Rob said seriously.

Kai laughed. "Why Leo?"

Rob shrugged. "I don't know, he's just the easiest option. He's the type of person to laugh if he's getting mauled to death."

"He's such an interesting character." Kai laughed.

"That he is." Said Rob. "So what's up with you and Damien?"

"Me and Damien?"

"Yeah, what's up with you'll?"

"We're friends."

Rob raised a brow. "Friends? That's what he told you?"

"Yes, is there something else that I should know?" Kai questioned.

"What are you two talking about?" The voice of Damien emerged from behind Rob and Kai.

"Where the fuck did you come from man? You can't just be creeping up on people like that." Rob sent Damien a death glare.

"I just came from swimming." Damien said pushing his wet raven hair out of his face. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Just some stuff, but since you're here you can have him." Rob said jerking a thumb in Kai's direction. He then got up and walked away.

Damien looked from Rob's departing figure then to Kai who was sitting on the rock. "Were the two of you seriously having a conversation?"

"Yeah, is that surprising?" Kai asked quizzically.

"Yes." Damien said. "Rob is not all that talkative."

"Well he was the one who started the conversation."

"Wow, that's even more surprising." Damien told him.

There was a brief scilence before Damien broke it. "There is a really nice spot over there." He said pointing to the right. "Would you like to join me?"

"Yeah, that sounds nice." Kai said.

Damien grabbed Kai's hand and lead him to a secluded part of the lake. There, the water was shallow and calm, and a small sandy beach curves around it. It's a perfect spot to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature, with no one else around to disturb the peace.

"Wow," Kai said. "I would have never known that this place existed." Kai said taking in the scenery.

"Careful," Damien told him. "The ground is a bit uneven over there, I don't want you falling over."

"It's fine," Kai said not looking where he was going. "I'm not going to fall over."

As soon as the words left his mouth, Kai tripped on a root that was protruding out of the ground and fell flat on his face.

"Shit," Damien said rushing over to Kai. "I told you to watch where you're going. Are you ok?"

"Ouch." Kai groaned. "I think I broke something."

"Jesus Kai," Damien said helping Kai to his feet. "I told you to be careful."

"Next time remind me to listen to you." Kai chuckled.

"This is not a laughing matter." Damien scolded.

"It kinda is." Kai said.

"Is something really broken though?" Damien asked with worry lacing his tone.

"Hold on, let me check." Kai said and proceeded to hop on one leg.

Damien looked at him quizzically. "What are you doing?"

"Checking to see if something is broken." Kai said as if he was stating the obvious.

Damien laughed. "Your methods are very questionable."

"Hey, you just said that this isn't a laughing matter and now you're laughing?" Kai said and shoved Damien playfully.

"Sorry," He said still laughing. "What is your hypothesis?"

"Nothing is broken."

"How can you be so sure?" Asked Damien once his laughing had subsided.

"Trust me, I have alot of experience in that department." Kai said.

"Experience? What are you? A chiropractor?" Damien asked laughing once more.

"Chiropractors don't break bones." Kai said.

"Umm...yes they do."

"No they don't."

"Yes they do."

"You know, I was really starting to think that you were smart up until this point." Kai told Damien.

"Are you trying to call me dumb?"

"Maybe?"

Damien gasped and held his chest in false offence. "Kai Carter, what have they done to you?"

Kai laughed. "What do you mean?"

"The Kai Carter I knew a few weeks ago would never say such naughty things to me."

"Maybe I'm getting more comfortable with you."

"Ohh I like the sound of that." Damien teased causing Kai to blush.

Damien chuckled at Kai's red cheeks. "How about we go test the water." Damien said and before Kai could answer he scooped him up and threw him over his shoulder causing Kai to squeal.

"What are you doing?" Kai screeched which only caused Damien to laugh at his expense.

"We're going to test out the water."

"Damien put me down right now or I'm going to hit you." Kai warned.

Damien only laughed more. "You can hit me all you want you're still going in that water."

"Damien!" Kai said hitting him in his back.

"That is domestic abuse."

"Damien I swear to god if you don't put me dow-"

"You want me to put you down? Well as you wish."

"No! I take it ba-"

Before Kai could finish, Damien had already flunged him into the water where he landed with a loud splash.

Kai went under, then resurfaced moments later to find Damien laughing at his expense. "You're so evil!" Kai shouted trying to splash Damien.

"Sorry darling, but I was instructed to put you down."

"I didn't mean in the water."

"Well next time you need to be more specific."

"You know what I meant." Kai fired back.

"Nope, because according to you a few moments ago, I was stupid."

"I didn't say that."

"Actually you did." Damien said also getting into the water.

"How am I suppose to get home? My clothes are soaked." Kai said.

"No need to worry, I have clothes in the trunk of my car. I'm sure we can figure something out."

Kai sighed. "OK. Wait!" he shouted before Damien could get further into the water.

Damien stopped and looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "What is it?" He asked.

"Rob told me that these waters may have alligators."

Damien rolled his eyes and continued his venture into the water. "Don't listen to Rob's fairytales."

"What if it's true?" Kai asked worriedly.

"It's not." Damien assured him. "I've been here more times than I could remember and I have never seen any alligators here. Besides I'd never put your life in danger like that." Damien said getting closer to Kai and placing his hands on his shoulders.

"Ok." Kai said barely above a whisper.

Damien then lifted one of his hands and gently glided his fingers through Kai's platinum hair. "Have I ever told you how much I love your hair?" Damien said in a husky tone.

Kai gulped. "I think you mentioned in once." He said softly.

"Good," Damien whispered. "Because I really like it."

Damien then allowed his hands to slide down from Kai's shoulders until they settled on his hips.

Kai's breath hitched in his throat. "Damien," He said breathlessly. "What are you doing?"

Damien let out a shaky, nervous breath. "Something I've been dreaming about since the first day that I met you." He said.

"What have you been dreaming about?" Kai asked.

"This." Damien said lifting one of his hands from Kai's waist to caress his cheek, he then proceeded to close the gap between their faces.

There they were, Kai Carter and Damien Beckett. Standing in the middle of the shallow lake, with the light of the full moon reflecting on the water. The sky was clear and the stars twinkled in the sky like diamonds reflecting the light of the sun. The two boys bodies were half submerged in the water. They were holding each other close, their arms were wrapped around each others bodies as they shared an intimate kiss.

The moonlight illuminated their faces, highlighting the deep affection they shared for each other. The only sounds were the gentle lapping of the waves against the shore and the rustling of the leaves in the surrounding trees. It was a moment of pure bliss, where the world seemed to fade away and all that mattered in that moment were the two of them.

After kissing hungrily for what felt like forever with Kai trying to keep up with Damien's pace, Kai finally pulled away to take a breath. Damien then connected their foreheads together. The two of them were breathing heavily.

Kai brought up one of his hands and traced his fingers over his swollen lips. "That was my first kiss." He breathed.

"I hope it was alright." Damien said.

"Why did you kiss me?" Kai asked.

"Because I wanted to. I hope that was okay."

"It was." Kai said. "It was morethan ok, it was a dream come true."

"That's good. Do you want to try it again?" Damien asked to which Kai nodded.

Before they could connect lips once more, the voices of their friends disrupted them. "That's where you guys are. We've been looking all over for you." Jack said.

"Come on it's getting late, time for us to go." He continued.

Kai looked up at Damien only to find that Damien was already looking down at him, and he sighed.

Just like that the moment was ruined. Screw you Jack.

***

OMG guys it has finally happened. THEY KISSED!!!!! Can I get a woop woop.

I literally spent the entire day trying to write this chapter because I was having some serious writers block. Writing dialogue is a serious challenge for me but I think I figured out a way around it. But this is the chapter!

Sorry that it's not perfect, this is literally the closest I can get to perfection right now.

Anywho I hope you enjoyed reading, please comment and vote if you did.

Love you

-JAY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 3.9K 53
[completed] Kaiden Pierce fell for Nathan Summers at a camp. After two months of pining and resigning to the fact that he won't see his one sided cru...
8.1K 507 17
[BoyxBoy] In a supernatural world where humans are ruled by mutants, Eighteen year old Benjamin Miller lives an incredibly mundane life, but his life...
King's Guard By kara

General Fiction

3.1M 122K 47
"Why are you staring at me like that?" "Like what?" "Like you want to tear off my clothes." "And what if I do?" ~~~ Kingsley didn't believe in love...
885K 38.9K 36
-KIND OF MATURE- "I wouldn't fuck you if you paid me." Well, at least my question is answered. He can get more punchable. We glare at each other, I...