The Apocalypse 5: Residuum

By Pinkamena666FIM

The first brand-new APOCALYPSE story in 13 years using ideas from the Original Version plus a whole bunch mor... More

Residuum
The Power of a Whisper
Foxy Fatalis
In the Nic of Time
Actions Speak Louder
Unlikely Partnership

Mobius Strip'd

6 1 0
By Pinkamena666FIM

Anti-Freedom Fighters HQ

Fiona returned to her hideout and stormed down the steps. As she made her way to the table, Viper watched her. "You good?" The hedgehog asked.

"Don't ask," Fiona grumbled as she dropped in her chair and rested her head on the table.

"You look horrible," Nic pointed out. "Lose a fight?"

"Shut up," Fiona muttered.

"Well, you haven't missed anything," Thrax said. "We can't seem to come up with anything."

"Then, I guess it's break time," Fiona said as she sat up and sniffled, still feeling like her nose was bleeding. "Let's just... chill, huh?"

"You sure you're good?" Viper asked.

Fiona groaned and let her head hit the table with a thunk. "They have a new member. A wolf. And she's... good."

"She's the one who beat you?" Thrax asked, getting no response. "Interesting. So, they have a new player. That means we should start looking for more members, too."

Fiona got back up and headed for the stairs. "Lemme know when something happens," she said, as Viper watched her storm back up the stairs. "I need a drink!"

**********

Mobius Strip

That night, Jason and Blaze stood in an alley, staring at a neon sign that read Mobius Strip, the Mobian-run strip club. "Well... Here we are."

"I don't like this."

"Unfortunately, this is where Rouge works. If anyone'll know anything about hidden bases, it's her."

"Why?"

"Because, she's the type who doesn't see herself heroic enough to do anything to help, but her curiosity knows no bounds."

"So, if she finds prison camps..."

"She'll most likely just leave. If there's no treasure, she wouldn't be interested."

"She sounds awful."

"But useful." He then put a hand on the cat's shoulder. "Ready?"

Blaze sighed and began to move forward. Jason followed her to the front door where a large man stood. He instantly recognized them as Freedom Fighters and opened the door for them. Jason gave him a friendly smile before they entered the club, the muffled music suddenly becoming near-deafening.

There were two topless Mobians dancing around poles on a stage at the back with topless waitresses with nipple tape serving tables. Most of the customers were Mobians but there were a couple young adults at a table. The tables were adjustable to accommodate both humans and Mobians. The chairs were also designed for both, with buttons on the side to raise and lower the seat.

"Well, it's pretty much what I expected," Jason muttered as the two found a raised table ready for human customers. Blaze lowered the seat, sat down, and then raised it. "That's cool," Jason said as he sat down.

"At least they thought of everything," Blaze admitted.

Jason smiled before he reached out to rub her cheek. "Your face looks better. How's it feel?"

Blaze placed her hand on his. "Getting there."

After about a minute, a white Mobian rabbit approached them. All she had on were panties and nipple tape. "Hey, there," she greeted. "Can I get you two something to drink?"

"We were actually wondering if Rouge was around?" Jason asked.

The bunny nodded. "Right away." She then hopped off.

Blaze looked over at the stage at a couple of topless dancers. "I can't believe I'm here right now."

"Relax. We're just here for information."

Blaze crossed her arms. "Still..."

"Remember what I said? In and out?"

"In and out, huh?" Came a sultry voice as a Mobian bat walked up to them. "Sounds like fun."

Jason and Blaze looked at the bat. She had black boots, black panties, a black corset, and black nipple tape over her somewhat big breasts.

"Uhhhh..." Blaze muttered with a blush as she looked away.

"Rouge, hey," Jason greeted. "Got a minute?"

"For the right price, I got all night."

Jason let out a forced chuckle. "Ha ha. Right. Well, we heard that you enjoy the occasional treasure hunt."

"I like exploring for gems, yes. Among other shiny and valuable things. Why do you ask?"

"We were wondering if you've come across any odd laboratories in your travels. Places where it looks like it may have been owned by the government. Possible Mobian prisons?"

Rouge smiled. "Mmm... That's some pricey information. Tell you what... I'll tell you everything I know over a lap dance."

"Listen here, slut," Blaze snapped. "This is really important."

"So is paying the bills, hun."

Jason put a hand on a Blaze's shoulder to calm her down. "Just one lap dance. And you'll tell me everything?"

Rouge smirked. "Everything."

**********

Fiona paced back and forth in her room, going over her loss in her head. "How'd she beat me? I could've killed her. Why didn't I? How couldn't I?" She heard a knock on her door. "What?!"

Viper opened the door and stepped in, closing the door. "Just wanted to check on you."

"That's very sweet, V."

The hedgehog walked over to the bed and sat down. "Come on. Sit." Fiona hesitated before she did as told and took a seat. Viper then scooted back onto the bed and knelt behind her. Reaching out, she started to massage the fox's shoulders. "You need to relax. Everyone loses at least once."

"Yeah, but... I..."

Viper leaned in and kissed her neck. "You're the strongest fighter we have. There's no doubt there. We need you level-headed and focused."

Fiona tilted her head to the side so the hedgehog could keep kissing her neck. "Mmm... That has to be it."

"What?" Viper asked softly.

"The wolf. She showed no emotion. She was calm and collected the whole time. Even when I landed a few hits. She didn't let it faze her."

"See? Just copy that and you'll be fine. You already know you can take them all down if you wanted."

"That's true," Fiona sighed.

Viper then slid her hands down towards the fox's chest. "How about a little fun before bed?"

Fiona chuckled and looked over her shoulder. "Alright."

**********

Jason sat down as Rouge started to do her thing. "All right. Talk."

"So pushy," Rouge cooed as she did her sexy dance. "But a deal's a deal. Couple days ago, I was flying over New Hampshire and I noticed a new building had been built where your house used to be."

**********

2 Days Ago...
New Hampshire

Rouge flew through the air, scanning the ground for anything interesting. She carried a pouch that held various tools she may need on her excursions. After a few more miles, she realized she was near where Jason's house used to be. She started her descent and found the spot surrounded by trees. Instead of a burnt down home, however, there was a rectangle building that looked official. It even had a cement wall around it with heavy metal doors at the entrance. Armed guards patrolled the perimeter.

"That's interesting," Rouge thought aloud.

She landed gracefully on the roof and found an air vent. She pulled the grate off and jumped down into the vent system. Quietly, she crawled through the vent until she found a vent cover. Peering through, she saw that the inside of the building was completely empty. She also didn't see any guards inside. Opening the cover, she floated down and landed silently. She stood and looked around the large, empty area, until she saw a lift in one corner.

"Now, we're getting somewhere," she said as she headed over.

She stood on the platform and hit the button. The lift began to lower and lower until she was underground. There was a short hallway that led to a door. Opening the door, Rouge found herself in an abandoned lab. The only thing that caught her eye was a desk with a computer. Cautiously, she made her way over to the desk and sat down. The computer was on a login screen.

"This should be easy," Rouge said as she took a device out of her pouch and plugged it into the computer. It quickly decoded the password and logged her in. "Now, let's see what you're poorly protecting."

She looked through the files and found one that read simply: Mobian Prisons. Smiling, she pulled a USB stick out of her pouch and plugged it in. She started the download and leaned back. "Someone'll pay well for this information," she told herself with a smile.

**********

"So, there was a lab beneath my house..." Jason muttered. "The whole time."

Rouge placed her hands on Jason's shoulders and leaned in, her breasts under his chin. "Here's the next deal. Sex for the drive."

Jason sighed. "So, money for the story and sex for the drive?"

"I can always charge you more. Or not give it to you."

"You..." Jason began. He then leaned his head back as Rouge turned around in his lap and leaned back against him.

"What'll it be, hun?"

"Tell you what... You give me the drive... and if it's legit... then I will have sex with you. For as long as you want."

"Oooo, that's tempting, but... you don't trust me?"

"You're a thief and a swindler, Rouge, who uses her looks to get what she wants."

"Fair enough," Rouge said as she got off his lap and went over to a bag on a table. She pulled out a USB stick and walked back to him. "Here," she said as she held it out. Jason took it with a smile. "Now, I may be just a sex-loving thief... but I do hope you're able to free them. There's a lot."

Jason nodded. "You know... I think you're more of a hero than you're willing to accept."

"Don't give me too much credit, cutie."

**********

Jason returned to Blaze and motioned towards the exit. "Got it. Let's go."

"What happened?" She asked, hopping of the chair and following him.

"I had to promise sex, but I have a file on all the Mobian Prisons."

"Sex?!" Blaze exclaimed.

"Yeah... Only if the info's legit, though."

Blaze began to stammer. "B... How... I thought..."

"I don't like it either, Blaze. But I felt it was worth it for the information."

"I guess... Just the idea of you with... someone else..."

"Aww," Jason said as he leaned in and wrapped his arms around her. "You do love me," he said.

Blaze actually let out a giggle and playfully swatted at him. "Let go," she said with a smile. "Stop it!"

**********

Tangle ran and leaped, trying to catch a frog before she face-planted in the mud. "Come on!" She giggled. "Get back here."

"You have mud all over your face," Whisper said with a chuckle. "Get over here."

Tangle pointed where the frog went. "Next time." She then moved closer as Whisper reached out to wipe the mud off.

"How's your tail practice coming?"

"Good. I can swing from trees but I'm having trouble grabbing things with it. Like frogs."

"You'll get there."

"How's your fighting coming along?"

"Really good, actually. I've even become quite the good techie."

"Speaking of which, why are you wearing your mask?"

"I installed a feature that records what it sees."

"I'm on camera?" Tangle giggled as she took a step back, giving double peaces. "Hey, y'all! Tangy here!" Whisper giggled, too, as Tangle continued. "I was attempting to catch this stupid frog when it tricked me into a puddle of mud. I totally did not jump into it on my own accord."

"You're so dumb."

"Not as dumb as you, Whispy."

"Hey, you two!" A voice called out. "Lunch is ready!"

The video cut out as Whisper took her mask off and found herself back in her room at Freedom Fighter HQ. Tears ran down her cheeks before she wiped her eyes with her arm. She set the mask down on her desk and covered her face.

**********

Jason and Blaze entered the lobby and were greeted by everyone, but Whisper. Sonic and Knuckles had recovered enough to where they were able to make it to the lounge area by the TV. "Glad to see you two up and about." He looked over at Silver, who was eating a pear in the kitchen. "You, too."

"So, I heard we have a new member?" Sonic asked. "That wolf we were looking for?"

Jason nodded. "And I believe I have something that'll cheer her up and provide us a huge advantage over our enemies."

Blaze patted Jason's shoulder. "I'll go get her."

"What is it?" Bunnie asked as Blaze left to get the wolf.

Jason held up the USB. "Information on Mobian prisons."

Upstairs, Blaze knocked on Whisper's door. "Hey, Whisper? We have some good news... regarding Mobian prisons."

Almost immediately, the door swung open as Whisper stepped out. "Really?"

Blaze nodded. "Come on down. We're going over the info now."

Whisper bolted past Blaze and practically flew down the stairs. When she got to the bottom, she saw Jason seated at the large table in the lounge area, looking at a laptop. She quickly ran over to him. "Anything?" She asked eagerly.

Jason eyed her and then turned the screen to her. "There's ten prisons. A through J. And the sizes vary. Some are tiny, some are medium, but the first one is big. I'm assuming it's the original one. "We definitely have our work cut out for us."

Whisper looked around at the entirety of the Freedom Fighters. She clearly understood the fact they lacked in numbers. "We should hit the smaller ones first. Should be easy if a few of us go while the rest stay here."

Jason smiled. "That's the most you've said since we met."

Whisper looked at him. "I'm determined."

"So am I." He then turned the laptop back to him and opened information on Mobian Prison H. "This seems to be the smallest one. It's tucked away deep in the Amazon, but I now have the exact location."

Sally walked over to them. "If we see any guards... we'll have to kill them."

"Kill?" Jason asked. "That's pretty violent. For you."

Sally sat down next to Jason and set NICOLE on the table. "Fiona told me... that my grandmother saved her grandmother. I remember my grandmother telling me about her escape. About how the guards had no qualms in shooting us. They didn't care if we lived or died. I think it's only fair we show them the same courtesy."

"Well..." Whisper said. "That makes it easier."

Sally nodded. "And... I have the most absolute dumb idea, but... we do need all the help we can get."

"What?" Jason asked.

"Who do we know who hates humans more than anyone?"

Jason thought for a moment before he went wide-eyed. "No. No, you can't be serious."

"What?" Knuckles asked. "What is it?"

"She wants to recruit Fiona."

"Think about it," Sally said. "She's probably the most deadly opponent we've fought. And she hates humans. I'm sure she'd be happy murdering a bunch of them. And... it would take her away from the city while we recover."

Jason rubbed his face. "I... That's insane. You know that's insane. I mean, how could we team up with her after everything she's done? She hospitalized Honey and pounded Blaze. Not to mention she almost killed everyone here."

"I know she's awful," Sally began. "but..."

"I say do it," Honey said, getting everyone's attention as the room fell silent. She looked around at everyone as she leaned against the wall. "Sally's right. It sucks, but we need help. And Fiona would not hesitate to kill a few humans."

"What if she recruits angry Mobians to her cause?" Jason asked.

Honey shrugged. "That's a risk we'll have to take."

Jason sighed deeply. "If Honey's okay with it..."

"I'll go with her," Whisper suddenly said. "I can keep her in line."

The human eyed her with a smile. "Alright. So, who's going on this liberation team?"

Knuckles stood up. "I'm good to go."

Bunnie nodded. "Same."

"That's four," Jason said.

"I'll have to go," Sally said. "Fiona seems to respect me and we'll need Nicole."

"Alright," Jason said as he closed the laptop and slid it over to Whisper. "You take this." Whisper nodded and picked up the laptop. Jason then turned to Sally. "Are you going to be able to find Fiona?"

Sally looked up at the wolf. "Where'd you attack her?"

**********

Fiona sat on the roof of their hideout as she stared out at Freedom Fighter tower, trying to think of the next move. Due to her animal senses, she could hear voices down below and was able to focus on conversations. She mumbled to herself when she heard a familiar voice calling out for her. She stood up and narrowed her eyes in confusion and interest.

Sally walked down the sidewalk, looking around. "Fiona?!" She called out, getting nothing in response. She sighed and stretched, feeling her legs getting tired. "I just wanna..." She was cut off when she was pulled into an alley and held against the wall behind a dumpster. When her eyes focused, she found herself staring into the eyes of a familiar fox.

"Couldn't get enough of me?" Fiona asked.

"I have a proposition for you."

"You're proposing? How sweet."

"Not like that. A temporary partnership."

Fiona stared at her before she let out a low, creepy chuckle. "Oh? And why the hell would I work with you human-loving morons?"

"Because these human-loving morons are going to go kill some humans."

Fiona went wide-eyed and let go of her. "You have lost your minds."

"We came into possession of information regarding Mobian prisons. We plan to take them down and kill the guards. Human guards."

Fiona smirked and crossed her arms. "I see. And you'd... let me just massacre everyone there?"

"The goal is to liberate the area," Sally explained. "No prison. No guards. That'll give the prisoners the best possible chance at survival once we return to the city."

The fox interlocked her fingers behind her head and looked up. "Mmm... I have to admit... killing a bunch of humans does sound like fun. Can I bring a friend?"

Sally bit her lip. "Mmm... One friend?"

Fiona shrugged. "Whoever wants to come?"

"You can bring two others."

Fiona smiled. "Okay." She then held out her hand. "Temporary partnership. But just this once."

Sally took her hand. "Of course. Tomorrow morning, come by the tower."

"Just make sure you don't attack us by accident," Fiona chuckled before she walked away. "See ya, princess."

**********

Sally returned to the tower and found everyone waiting for her. "She's in. And she's bringing two others."

Jason let out a stifled groan. "This could be either really good or really bad. Six of you, three of them?" Sally smiled to herself, appreciating that Jason was counting Nicole. "And one of them's Fiona."

"We'll be okay," Bunnie said.

"I won't let them try anything," Whisper said bluntly.

Jason smiled and stood up. "Oh, I believe you. Now, let's get some sleep. Got a big day tomorrow." When he started to leave, he felt a hand on his arm. He looked down to see Whisper looking up at him.

"Thank you," she said.

Jason nodded. "Glad to have you with us."

He saw her give a slightly less faint smile than the one he saw before.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

555 20 8
ᴀᴘᴏᴄᴀʟʏᴘꜱᴇ ᴀᴜ✩ (After losing her best friend, Y/N had to learn to survive outside and alone while only being 16. She thought it was too dangerous to...
40.7K 613 88
oneshots :) dont like? dont read! not a big fan? click off! all characters in the book are portrayed as 21+! (i dont see a lot of the characters as...
78.6K 2K 32
Blaze the cat, and Silver the hedgehog have known each other since they were just children. Both of them lost their parents, from the Flames of Disas...
2.4K 106 21
before you read this, please read the first one I made so you can understand it more thanks :) sonic has been asked to be married to the three of the...