The New Guardian | Destiny Cr...

By JukoThe10-Tails

This is a story about a certain guardian. This guardian was different from the rest. There was just something... More

For Wattpad (Policy Changes Update)
Bio (Minor Spoilers)
Harem (Spoilers)
Quick Note Before The Story
✨Main Focus On Story ✨
================= *Destiny 1* =================
_____________ A New Hope Emerges Saga _____________
Ch. 1 | A Guardian Rises Arc | The New Guardian & His Name is Y/n
Ch. 2 | A Guardian Rises Arc | The Last City & The Tower

Ch. 3 | A Guardian Rises Arc | Moments Before the Match, Time For Some Training

165 6 19
By JukoThe10-Tails

A/n: yeesh, I haven't updated this story since July? That's a yikes. Sorry about that, guys. I have no idea what happened. I was drawing a hard blank with what to write, not sure why. I guess It's because more of it will be original then I'm used to.

What's the Crucible?

It's been nearly a day sense team punching bag, aka Fireteam CRDL, has issued their challenged towards the new Guardian named Y/n, and it's already the top topic around the Tower and city. Many can't wait to watch this fight go down, and some are even placing bets, while others just want to watch team CRDL get their asses handed to them again. Why? Because it never gets old. Right now we can see as Adora, Catra and the boy in question sitting at one of the many picnic tables at the lounge area of the Tower.

Y/n: with his arms crossed, "okay, let me get this straight. The Crucible is basically an arena that takes place in simulated space, which could change to any place in the solar system that we've been to." they nod, "in this match, Guardians can face each other in a friendly competitive setting for sport. Which some use as a means to test themselves against other Guardian." again they nod, "within it are these different events called 'Game Modes' that each have their own set of rules and restrictions. These can be anything from a set of 'respawns' to a single 'life' which are things we don't need to worry about because we can be revived by our ghosts." they nod again, "these matches are typically held between Fireteams, which can total up to 16 members in total, or in 1 v 1 matches." they nod again, "ok, so how does that help me? I don't have a Fireteam."

Adora: "well, that's the thing. Special rules can be made to allow Guardians, like yourself, to participate in these matches. As long as both parties agree, of course."

Catra: "plus, I all can depend on which Game Mode is chosen."

Adora: "if I had to guess, they'll more than likely chose Team Wipe."

Y/n: raises his eyebrow, "which is what exactly?"

Catra: "Team Wipe is, as the name suggests, is a Game Mode where the winner is determined by which ever team completely eliminates the other. Typically, everyone has one 'life' but more lives can be added."

Adora: "they'll more than likely pick it since those idiots love to think they're hot shit, plus you don't have a Fireteam. This is so they can give you extra lives, to make it more fair. Well, not by choice. Shaxx will probably add that one."

Y/n: "anything else I did to know before the match?"

Adora: "well-"

Y/n: "and no, I don't mean their weapons, abilities, tactics and so on. I just mean about the match or anything related to it. I rather fight a fair match."

Catra: "hehe, competitive are we?"

Y/n: "you can say that."

Adora: "truthfully, it isn't fair to begin with, but I doubt you'll back down because you're out numbered." Y/n then looks at her with a cocky smile and shakes his head, "yeah, I figured. You haven't been one for long, and you're already acting like a Titan. Hehe, anyways. There's not much outside of your abilities.... oh, but we do need to upgrade your gear at one of the Tower's many shops. Your armor and weapons are....... outdated to say the least."

Y/n: looks at his armor and rifle, "yeah. You have a point there, but I don't have uhhh..... Glimmer? I think that's what my ghost called it."

Catra: "yeah, we call it Glimmer and don't worry. We'll help you out with that."

Adora: "why am I just noticing our money system and our new friend have the same name?"

Y/n: "are you girls sure? I don't want you to waste your money on me."

Adora: "pffft. Trust me, we have plenty of Glimmer to spare. We may not look like it, but we are on the list of the top 10 Fireteams in all of the Tower. So we get plenty of the higher tier missions."

Y/n: "well then. If you're ok with it, then lead the way."

* Yes, this will be your look for a while. The base color is up to you.

* It's kinda weird how hard it was to find complete armor sets or how few of them there are.

Adora: "the Vanir Armor. It's one of our older armors made by capsule corp. it boasts high defense and durability while also being light enough not to impact your speed and agility, but it doesn't increase your strength or attacking power. Personality it's a little dated for my tastes, but I feel it's a good first armor for you. Titan armor tend to be pretty bulky and cumbersome. So you'll need time to get used to them."

Y/n: "truthfully, I wanted something newer but fair enough. It definitely feels different from my original one." starts punching the air while jumping around, "mmm, there is a slight difference in weight, not by much tho."

Catra: "and now, let's get you some weapons."

Catra: "the Galahad-B. An auto rifle that boasts high rate of fire but has a low magazine size. However, it makes up for it with its high stopping power and greater range."

Adora: "this weapon will basically allow you to fight at longer range. It's no sniper rifle, but it'll get the job done."

Catra: "the Sahara-AR3. It's another auto rifle. It's how low range and stopping power but boasts high stability and magazine size."

Adora: "basically, it will allow you to fight in shorter range combat, while also aiding you if you ever get in a tough spot and just need to unload your mag on them."

Catra: "the Silvered Maverick Mk. 41 hand cannon. A well-balanced hand cannon that boasts high damage and magazine size. Which is pretty rare for hand cannons. The mag size, I mean."

Adora: "great for short range combat to blow your enemies away with a single shot. Even at center mass."

Catra: "and last but not least, the Void Edge. It's one of our newer swords that incorporates elemental damage to add extra damage. In this case, the is void damage."

Y/n: "elemental damage? What's that?"

Adora: "don't worry about it. We'll teach you all about it after the match."

Y/n: "cool, but why not before?"

Adora: "time. You just don't have enough of it, and there's still so much more we need to teach you before you can learn the more advanced stuff."

Y/n: "oh, makes sense."

Adora: "now the sword is great for you as it lets you get up close and personal with your opponent"

Catra: "it's strong, durable and very sharp. Great for cutting your enemies down with a single swing."

Y/n: "wow. All of these are awesome as hell!"

Adora: "yeah, we knew you would like them. As I said before. These may not be the best weapons, but they are good starting points for you. We could've easily gotten you more rare or uncommon weapons, but I feel it's best that you start off with these. This is so you can earn more on your own and figure out what style and weapon best suits you."

Y/n: he then looks at each weapon, checking their mags, their chambers, and cocks each one, "sounds good to me. There's no fun if there isn't a challenge to be had. Besides, I get the feeling I want to experience everything this new world has to offer me. No, sense in rushing into things."

Catra: "man, you really do have an interesting way of viewing things."

Adora: "no kidding, and the way you check your weapons and how nothing seems to phase you. It's pretty amazing."

Y/n: "not sure why, but it all....... feels natural to me. I'm not really sure how to put it or even explain it. Is it because im a Reborn Guardian?"

Adora: places her finger and thumb on her chin, "no, even new Reborn and Turned Guardians don't act the way you do. For most of them, it takes awhile to expect their new reality. I wonder if you were ex military who took part in a war or something along those lines."

Catra: "maybe he was black ops or special forces?"

Adora: "mmm, maybe?"

Y/n: "you 2 think so? Mmmm, maybe it's true, but I just can't remember."

Adora: "like I said before, you don't need to worry about it right now. It's only natural for Reborn Guardians, like yourself, to lose their memory. It's possible you'll get them back one day, but I don't think you should focus on it too much. It's best to let yourself remember over time."

Y/n: "yeah, you're probably right. Oh, which reminds me. Why do we lose our memories anyways?"

Catra: "ah........." catches her head in confusion, "actually, now that you mention it. I'm.... not really sure."

Adora: "no one knows for sure. It's entirely possible that it's merely a side effect of being reborn, or it could be done on purpose by the Traveler. It's possible it could be done that way to keep you from abusing your powers or getting back at old enemies, if they are even alive anymore but, at the end of the day, no one can say for sure. Honestly, I don't think anyone has really tried to find that answer."

Y/n: "really, why?"

Adora: shrugs her shoulders, "who can say. Out of fear, maybe. Fear that they might not be a good person, like a murderer or a crime boss. Maybe they were even worse in the past and they rather not risk knowing. Course, theirs the loved ones they have lost as well. Grief can mess people up, even us."

Y/n: "I can understand that and to be honest. I do want to remember my past, but I also want to experience this new world that I've been brought into. Hehe, it's like they say. It's the journey, not the destination. If I'm to remember who I was, then I'll do it along the way and have as much fun as I can."

Catra: "haha, now that's a good way of looking at it. I'll remember that."

Adora: "true but as fun as all of this is, we do need to move onto his training."

Catra: "but as he is now, I'm sure he can easily win."

Adora: "that would be the case if he was fighting them one by one, but he'll be facing them as a team. They may be some of the weakest Guardians we've ever seen, but they do have surprisingly good teamwork. It's best we get him ready for that."

Catra: "you have a point."

Adora: "now come on. Time to take you to the training room"

Y/n: "right." he then salutes at her, causing the pair to giggle.

The Training Arena

[Mini Timeskip]

We now see as the trio have walked into a rather large and futuristic looking room. This room at many windowed viewing decks and other viewing platforms. It also seemed to have multiple consoles littered throughout the room, but mainly against the walls. Then we can see many marked areas around the room that give off the look of some kind of state or arenas, similar to tennis fields. The young man rushed in and looked around with child like amazement.

* Art Credit = https://www.deviantart.com/theartofsaul/art/Alinias-Interior-401801798

Y/n: "wow, this place is soooo cooool!"

Adora: she lets out a light chuckle, "he's like a kid."

Catra: "I know right." in the background, Y/n can be seen looking around at all the cool things, "with possibility of him being in a war or black ops. I wonder how he kept that child like wander?"

Adora: "who knows. Even Reborns retain some of their original person-"

???: "well im glade you like it, but I don't think I've seen you before."

Y/n: "huh?" turns around.

Adora: turns to look at the person who said that, "oh, hey-"

* Art Credit = https://twitter.com/BulmaBunnyGirl/status/896343798959230977

"-Chi-Chi. Good to see you again."

Chi-Chi: "same goes for you too Adora."

Catra: "so what are you doing down here anyways? Your classes aren't usually at this time of day."

Chi-Chi: "oh no, I don't have any classes but rather, I came down here to get a good work out in. now I see you 2 have a new Guardian to train or is this the other kind of work out?" this causes the pair to blush as she forms a cheeky smile.

Adora: "n-no! It's nothing like that!"

Catra: "s-shes right!"

Chi-Chi: "mm-hm. Sure."

Adora: "It's not!" she lets out a sigh, "look, we are her to train him. Y/n this is Chi-Chi, Chi-Chi this is Y/n. He was brought back not too long ago."

Y/n: "nice to meet you."

Chi-Chi: "my, my, manner? That's pretty rare for a Guardian, and you're a Titan no less."

Catra: a tick mark appears on her head, "Why do I feel that was aimed at me?"

Chi-Chi: puts her hand on her cheek, "was it? Huh, well whatever you say." this causes the tick mark on Catras head to get even bigger.

Y/n: "wait, you said it like you're not one."

Adora: "because she isn't. Not everyone you see working at the Tower is a Guardian. There's plenty of others who aren't and Chi-Chi here is one of them but don't let her being a normal human fool you. She's an expert level martial artist and has personally trained many new and old Guardians. She's actually one of our top trainers in martial arts. On top of that, she's one of our head cooks"

Chi-Chi: "please Adora, you're making me blush."

Y/n: "oh....... wait, how does that even work?"

Chi-Chi: looks at him, "What do you mean?"

Y/n: "well, I thought all Guardians have the innate talent for fighting and martial arts, as well as how to handle weapons. She looks like she's in her 20s, and that's not nearly long enough to not only master martial arts but also train many others in its art."

Adora: "That is true, but talent can only get you so far. Plus, It's just barely above beginner level."

Chi-Chi: blushes while joyfully placing her hands on her cheeks while laughing in glee, "you think im in my 20s? Oh my, I don't know how to feel. I can't help but blush."

Y/n: "huuuuuh, im so confused now."

Chi-Chi: "hehe. Oh, It's because im actually 140."

Y/n: ". . . . . . . . . Bullshit! You look waaaaay too young to be 140. I mean, look at you. Your skin is flawless, and you still look beautiful, there isn't a single wrinkle on you." this causes her to scream in joy with a blush on her face.

Adora: "y/n. I know how it looks, but it's true. The life span of humans have been extended greatly. Now, the average human can now live up to nearly 300 years old."

Y/n: "t-t-t-t-t-three HUNDRED?!?!?!" he begins to sweat as he begins to feel dizzy.

Catra: "well, it's not that surprising. It happened because of a mixture of advancements in the metal field and being exposed to the Travelers Light Energy 24/7 for years. It's bound to have unintended side effects."

Y/n: "w-w-w-w-wait. I'm almost scared to ask, but how old are you 2?"

Adora: "never ask a girl her age, but we are Guardians. So we can be much older than that. Truthfully, I actually lost count."

Catra: "mmmmmm. I think you're approaching 500. If im not mistaken, I think we're around 470."

Y/n: turns a pure white color in utter shock and appears out of breath, "f-f-f-f-f-f-five hundred......."

Adora: "has it really? mm...... maybe it has. Time sure flies." looks at the pale figure of Y/n, "what's wrong with you?"

Y/n: "o-oh, it's n-nothing."

Catra: "if you call us old hags, then by the light, im punching you."

Adora: "actually, technically speaking. He should be older than all of us, but he has been dead for the most of it."

Chi-Chi: comes back from her joyful state and looks at them in confusion, "huh, what do you mean by that?"

Catra: points at Y/n with her thumb, "oh, it appears ghost boy over here is from the pre golden age."

Chi-Chi: "............ WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!" this causes them all to cover their ears, "pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre golden age?! B-b-but that's not possible. Guardians can't be brought back from that time period!"

Adora: "I know, but here he is. honestly it's a mystery how it even happened." looks at Y/n, "will you come back from your shock already?"

Y/n: turns back to normal, "y-yeah. Sorry, I guess there's still so much about this world I don't know about and get used to."

Catra: "meh, don't let it bother you. You'll get used to it. Plus, there's plenty of Guardians that are over 100 years old. Hell, even team Rwby is approaching 700."

Y/n: slaps his face in order to not turn into a ghost again, "wait, who's team Rwby?"

Adora: "they came from the same era as team Crdl. We call it the Remnant era. It was just after the collapse, hence the name. It was during this age that people tried to recover from the war with the Darkness. They managed to regain some technology and even built kingdoms. Some even began to awaken unique powers. That time was....... rocky to say the least, and the few eras after that didn't fair that well either. Society really struggled to pick up the pieces that were left behind, many times we took different and often conflicting paths."

Y/n: "oh......... the collapse, that's when the Darkness attacked us right?"

Adora: "ah, so you do pay attention."

Y/n: "hehe, I try"

Catra: "don't worry, well introduce you to team Rwby sometime."

Chi-Chi: "well, ignoring that groundbreaking information you just told me, didn't you 3 come here for a reason?"

Adora: "mmm? Oh, right. We need to train Y/n here in the basics of how to be a Guardian."

Chi-Chi: "really? What for?"

Catra: "team punching bag. That's why."

Chi-Chi: rolls her eyes, "urghh, those idiots again. What did they do this time?"

Y/n: a single sweat drop forms on his head, "wow, everyone really does hate them."

Adora: "well, long story short. They picked on poor Velvet again, and Y/n here stepped in."

Catra: "yeah, you should've seen him. He beat that punk Cardin bare handed. It was awesome!"

Adora: "thanks to that, and the intervention of Shaxx, they challenged him to a Crucible match. So we need to get him ready for that."

Chi-Chi: "hmmmm" she then looks at Y/n and begins to eye him up and down in a serious manner, "from what I can tell. I'd rank him about rank 3 in pure fighting abilities alone. However, his Light Energy and control appears to be about rank 1. That's pretty odd...... strange."

Adora: "what?"

Chi-Chi: "I can see he has untapped potential, of the likes I've never seen before. Even Zavala own potential does compared to Y/ns."

Y/n: "wait, you can tell all of that just by looking at me?..... wait, what's rank?"

Adora: "why do you think she's one of our top trainers. She can not only see your current skills but your potential as well. And rank is a system we use to judge a Guardian based on their combat abilities. Rank 1 is the beginner level, while rank 11 is called Paragon. They are at the absolute top and best out of all Guardians."

Y/n: "really? Then, what's your rank?"

Adora: "both Catra and I are only rank 5. We should be reaching rank 6 soon. Just to let you know, rank 4 is about the average."

Y/n: "oh, then what about the Vanguard?"

Catra: "rank 9."

Y/n: "really? As our leaders, I thought they would be the strongest?"

Adora: "they are, in a sense. Rank 10 and 11 are extremely rare to reach. Hell, rank 7 is nearly impossible for most. Out of all of our history, only 10 manged to get up that high."

Y/n: "o-oh."

Chi-Chi: "Anyways, on pure fighting abilities alone, he's already above them."

Y/n: "really? So what's their rank?"

Catra: "pfft."

Adora: trying her best not to laugh, "ahem....t-They are O-only ran-pfft..... rank 1."

Catra: holds her gut, "pfft-ahahahahahaha! Never gets old! No matter how many times I hear it!"

Y/n: a sweat drop forms on his head, "p-please tell me they just go resurrected or something."

Adora: still holding it in but not doing so good, "I-I'm a-afraid not. T-they are resurrected, but they regained very little of their memories. Actually, they're even older than team Rwby."

Y/n: "o-oh.......... holy crap! Are they dumb or something?"

Catra: "pffta-ahahahaha, no stop, my stomach!" she exhales and wipes a tear away from her eye,

Chi-Chi: sighs with a bit of annoyance, "that about sums them up pretty well." looks at Adora, "I don't see why you need to train him. He's already better than them."

Adora: "true, he may be better than all of them in one on one combat, but they'll be facing him as a team."

Chi-Chi: "right..... the only thing they got going for them is their great teamwork. That would make it hard for him to face them, even with his superior fighting abilities. Alright, I'll let you guys have your fun, ill go over here and have my work-out section." she then walks off to one of the corners of the training room.

Y/n: "huuuh."

Adora: "remember, she isn't a Guardian, so she only trains them in martial arts, not Guardian abilities."

Y/n: "oh right."

Time for Some Training

Adora and Catra then walk towards one of the many arena like areas. When they got there, Adora gestured Y/n to follow them, which he did. When he arrived, Adora waves her hand at the edge of the arena. This causes a large holographic screen and keyboard to appear in front of her. She then begins to type something onto the keyboard before then clicking on what could be presumed to be the enter key. As soon as she did that, a barrier began to form from the edges of the arena. This barrier then turns into a dome that over comes them completely. When it does so, the area instant turns into Old Russia.

Y/n: looks around quickly, "what, what the hell? Wait, this is where my ghost found me"

Catra: "yeah, we figured this would be a good spot for you to train. Since it's familiar to you."

Adora: "this is actually Old Russia. The arena we stepped in are mini versions of the Crucible. They allow us to train without restraint, since now we don't have to worry about damaging anything around us, but don't let the vast expanse fool you. There's only so far you can travel in her before you hit the wall or edge of the arena."

Y/n: "oh." continues to look around but this time more calmly, "Sure feels real tho. How does it all work anyways?"

Catra: "you're asking the wrong girls, dude. We just know how to use them."

Adora: "admittedly, I don't know how it works either. All I know is that it somehow alters the space within the confines of the dome, but that's about it."

Y/n: "guess that makes sense." continues to look around, "are there any enemies here too?"

Catra: "no, but we can spawn in fake ones."

Y/n: "really? That's pretty neat. So if we wanted to, I could fight just about anyone?"

Adora: "yes and no. there are certain enemies that are restricted to your rank and skill level, while others require special permission to fight against. However, it only works on our enemies. They made it so we can't spawn in fake Guardians. Even with how advanced this all is, it can't simulate their personality and intelligence. It just imitates what's in our database and uses AI to act like them to a certain extent."

Y/n: "hmmm, I guess that makes sense."

Catra: "it flew over your head, didn't it?"

Y/n: "I plead the fifth." this causes the pair to chuckle.

Adora: "ok, just think of them as NPCs in any video game. They can imitate their behavior, but not their intelligence or how they would truly act."

Y/n: "oh, I get it now."

Adora: "but you don't need to worry about any of that right now. We're just going to train you in the basics about being a Guardian. This is so we can give you a better shot against team Crdl."

Y/n: "so when do we begin. I'm really started to get exited over here."

Catra: "Light Storage."

Y/n: "light what now?"

Adora: "Light Storage. I'm sure your ghost mentioned it before, but to give you a quick run down." she then moves her hand towards her back, like she was about to grab something, but then something began to form in her hands. When she moved her hand down, she reveals she's now holding an auto rifle, "Light Storage is a term we use to describe our ability to store items into ourselves. However, it doesn't work with everything. Like for instance. Even if we could hold it, if it's too big, then we can't store it."

Y/n: "ok, that's cool and all, but how does it work?"

Adora: "It's rather simple. We have what's known as Light Energy. This energy allows use to demineralize and remineralize certain objects on a macular level. It's mainly things we can hold in our hands that this will work on and, as we mentioned it before, the amount of Light Energy you have, the more you can store."

Catra: "we can even store every day items, like this." she then flicks her wrist, which then causes a pen to appear in her hand, "see. As long as we can physically hold it with at least one hand, we can store it. Tho, there are certain exceptions to this. The bigger it is, the more 'storage space' it takes up, but the smaller it is, the less it takes up."

Y/n: trying to hold in his excitement, "so cool."

Catra: "our Jumpships has this as well, but it can hold far more stuff and far bigger things within it. It's actually where we store our Sparrows. Within our Jumpships, we can store our bulk weapons, armors, and items within them, but each Guardian as their own vault here at the Tower. There's plenty of access terminals all over the place. Luckily, It's possible to transmit the data between the 2, tho only when the ship is parked at the Tower. The downside is if the storage is damage, the Light Energy within it is gone or if the ship was destroyed, then whatever was within it will be lost as well. This is why many don't actually use it to store bulk items."

Y/n: "...... wow, we really are like video game characters...... and im loving it."

Adora: "now try it out for yourself, since you still have your weapons with you. Just grab one of them and focus."

The boy nods his head and takes out his Galahad-B from his back. He then closes his eyes and begins to focus. As he does, the rifle begins to glow a bright white color, before bursting into light particles. The boy instantly opens his eyes and smiles brightly.

Y/n: "awesome! I actually did it! Alright, what's next?....... wait, if I have a lot of items in my Light Storage. How will I know what to bring out?"

Adora: "simple, just focus within yourself and try to picture it within your mind. Just imagine it in your head and your body will do the rest. Many find it easier to view it as a character weapon selection screen you see in any video game. It gives them something to visualize, as it makes it easier to see what you want. This method does take time, but once you get used to it, it becomes like second nature. Soon you'll be able to near instantly switch out not only your weapons but also your weapons as well."

Catra: begins to mess with a hologram that is wrapped around her wrist, "here, like me show you an example. This is something a lot of Guardian use as a base when they imagine it in their head." she then clicks the enter button, which causes a floating screen to appear in front of her.

Catra: "once you get used to it, you'll be able to imagine more advanced stuff, like how much glimmer you have."

Y/n: "oooooh, now I get it. Yeah, that makes things much easier." looks at Adora, "now, you said something about the amount of Light Energy I have will determine how many items I can hold. So my question is, what is Light Energy and how do I increase it and when we put an item into our Light Storage does it eat up Light Energy?"

Catra: "geez, you keep asking question that I won't be good at answering."

Adora: "hehe, well to put it simply, no. they do not eat up Light Energy. It does take minor amounts of energy to demineralize them and remineralize them, but that's about it. This is because they are converted into Light Energy. Think about it like this. Your energy is water within a container. Then you use some of that water to make ice. Then you put ice into the original container. Once it melts, the original amount you had before, returns to normal. Not really a one to one example, but it works. Now, as for the energy itself. Light Energy is pieces of the Travelers essence itself. It's what powers our bodies and abilities, as well as what brings us back to life. However, only our ghosts are capable of that last part. Light Energy is a supernatural and primordial force that basically turns anyone who has it into demigods. We can use it to create certain weapons like daggers or pistols, fire lasers, form shockwaves, manifest certain elements and so on. We can even use it to augment our physical abilities to superhuman levels and even beyond. Now as how to increase it. It's rather simple, but not at the same time. You need to train not only your body but your mind as well. You need to get your body ready to handle this power while also having the will to use it correctly. Now this doesn't mean to train endlessly, even we have limits. So It's important to take breaks whenever possible. It's important you know your limits so you can surpass them one day, but to also know when enough is enough. Soon you'll not only be able to sense it within yourself, but in others as well."

Y/n: folds his arms and nods, "........ so it's like a Mana bar in an RPG and in order to increase it. You need skill and upgrade points."

Adora: slumps over a bit, "yes. It's like a Mana bar. Way to sum it up."

Catra: "hehe, at least he's understanding it in his own unique way. Besides, we have been using game metaphors to help him understand things."

Adora: straightens herself up with a sigh, "yeah, I guess you're right."

Y/n: "ok, I think I get it now. What's that the goal for today?"

Adora: "sort of. The main goal for today was to teach you how to access your Light Storage, how to detect your Light Energy and manifest grenades."

Y/n: eyes sparkles, "say what now?"

Catra: "man, he really is a kid at heart."

Adora: "no kidding. Yes, with Light Energy, we can manifest 2 types of grenades. What we call physical grenades and light grenades. Physical grenades are similar to normal grenades flash bangs, smoke bombs, and so on. These are made by using our Light Energy to draw in the surrounding mater and reconstruct them into something new, while light grenades are made out of pure Light Energy. This allows us to put elemental energy into them to amplify their damage and effects. Now, the difference between them, other than their creation, is light grenades will continuously regenerate and stored into your Light Storage automatically. Course this only happens once you learn them first. Their limit depends on you and your energy level. Now for physical grenades, you have to constantly reform them yourself, and they typically take almost twice as much as energy to make. This is because it's easier to form something out of pure energy, than it is to change its molecular structure. It is possible to store them in your Light Storage, but you got to keep on eye on your 'storage limit'."

Y/n: "ok. I didn't understand half of what you said." this causes them to sigh, "but what you're saying is one is formed out of pure light while the other takes something that exists and turns it into something else."

Catra: "yup, that about sums it up."

Y/n: "what does it use to remodel this new grenade?"

Adora: "anything. Don't worry, you're not effected, nor is anything on you. It doesn't use organic mater, either. Mater exists all around us, even in the air. So it just draws that in to make something new. Don't worry, you can control what it uses and how much."

Y/n: "well, that's good, but that does bring up another question. What happens when we run out of Light Energy? Do we just drop dead right there, and what about our stuff?"

Catra: "don't worry, you won't die, but you will be extremely tired, and you'll find it difficult to even move, let alone walk. It's like when a normal person runs a marathon on a hot summer's day. As for our stuff, they will remain in our Light Storage, as long as we still have Light Energy that is. however, we will lose access to more and more of our items, started from the bigger and stronger ones, the weaker we get. Plus, we can no longer store new items. So make sure to keep an eye on your energy levels. It could be the difference between victory or defeat."

Y/n: "got it."

Adora: waves her right hand in a dismissive manner, "admittedly it doesn't really make sense, but you'll learn that sometimes it's best to not question it sometimes and go along with it. Your life will be simpler that way."

Y/n: "yeah, I guess you have a point there."

Catra: looks at Adora, "do you think we should teach him about the subclasses?"

Adora: "hah, right. That would be over kill. We want him to have some kind of challenge when fighting them. Besides, he needs to have a better grasp on how to control his energy before we move onto the more advanced stuff."

Catra: "yeah, you have a point."

Adora: "now, let's move onto your training,-" smiles an almost sadistic grin, "-shall we?"

Moments Before the Match

[Timeskip | brought to you by a chibi Y/n training with a chibi Adora and chibi Catra]

[Next Day]

It's now the next day since Y/n has started his training and the upcoming match has already spread throughout the Tower and even the last city. People are lining up to get front row seats to this latest beat down. Many areas around the Tower and its lobby has become viewing decks for this match. Littered around these areas are holographic TVs of varying sizes and locations. Floating in the central area and the edge of the Tower's lobby area were 2 large and long posters, not unlike what you'd see for a boxing match or MMA fight. One was of team Crdl and the other was of Y/n. Even throughout the city, these posters and TVs can be seen. In the background, we can see many Guardians and non Guardians making bets on the victor of this match or just having conversations with each other. As the camera continues to pan around, we can see quite a few familiar figures getting ready to watch the match, too. Focusing on 3 in specific, we can see they are the same 3 we saw the other day. The same ones who left early during Cardins beat down. They are Lucy, Mirajane and their team leader, Erza. Like many reborns, they do not know their last names, or their past, but were able to remember their first names.

These 3 came from what's known as the Fiore age. An age where magic fully took over technology. Which was ironic as said golden age technology is what laid the groundwork for magic to rise that and the previous age.

Right now, we can see the trio sitting on one of the many picnic tables littered around the lobby area. Lucy was drinking her usual smoothie, while Mirajane was eating a lite lunch. However, Erza wasn't interested as she sat there with her arms crossed and her eyes closed.

Lucy: "hehe, im so glad we managed to make it in time. I really want to watch cutie kick their asses."

Mirajane: "well, it will be entertaining at least." placed her finger on her chin while looking up, "I wonder if he's improved at all since then?"

Erza: still has her arms crossed and eyes closed, "im not sure why you 2 insisted on watching this. It's not like we haven't seen team Crdl get their asses handed to them before." opens one eye to look at Y/ns poster, "even I can tell how this will go. Like last time, but 4 times worse." closes her eye.

Lucy: looks at her friend with a smile, "because it never gets old. Besides, don't you remember when our ghosts freaked out the other day?"

Erza: opens her eyes and looks at Lucy, "of course I do. Pretty hard to forget that."

Mirajane: "wait, you don't think-"

Lucy: "come on, guys. Don't you think the timing is a bit odd? First our ghosts freak out, which has never happened before, then suddenly this guy shows up."

Erza: "hmmmm. You do have a point. The timing does seem suspicious."

As the camera continues to pan over to view something further into the background. We can see another set of familiar figures. Like Erza, Mirajane and Lucy, they too were there when Y/n kicked Cardins ass.

These 2 are named Nami and Robin, like the previous trio. They too are reborns with almost no memory of their past. They come from what's known as the Grand Line age. In this age, we saw the rise of pirates and marines take over the planet. This age took place after the Remnant age but before the Fiore age. At this time, most of the technology that was retaken during the Remnant age was lost after a huge war broke out with a mysterious force of monsters called Grimm, was lost. This resulted in regression to more primitive times.

As we get a good look at them, we can see they too are in the lobby area, but they are resting on beach lounge chairs, which having a screen floating above their heads. The pair wore small bikinis and sunglasses, totally basking in the sun. They looked more like they were having a day at the beach, rather than sitting in a public space filled with Guardians and non Guardians. This causes many males, and some females, to look at them with blushes on their faces. Observing their curvy figures and large assets, but the pair seem to pay them no mind. Instead, focusing on the upcoming match.

* Art Credit = https://www.artstation.com/artwork/XgrdWR

* Art Credit = ?, Cant seem to find them other than re-uploads

* side note, it was weirdly difficult to find good art of these 2 in a bikini/swimsuit.

Nami: smiles, "this will be very interesting."

Robin: lets out a small chuckle, "indeed, but I can't help but wonder if he's the want that caused our ghosts to freak out the other day."

Nami: sits up a little and turns her upper body to look at her friend while also lifting up her sunglasses, this causes her large breasts to jiggle a little, "so... you think so too?"

Robin: just turns her head to look at Nami and smiles, "I do. The timing isn't something we can ignore."

Nami: lays back down and puts her sunglasses back on with a smile, "I guess we'll see."

The camera then continues to pan around, until we can see team Rwby sitting at one of the larger picnic tables. Each sat there and ate their own lunches, and beside them was a rather large holographic TV.

Yang: takes a bite of her burger, "seems like the new guy is causing quite the uproar."

Weiss: cuts a piece of her steak, "true" she looks around to see the Tower lobby utterly filled with people, she then looks back in front of her and takes a bite. "I've never seen them like this. It's like they're about to watch some kind of monumental match or something."

Blake: takes a bite of her fish fillet sandwich, "it's not like we haven't seen those racist assholes get their asses handed to them before."

Ruby: forms a pretty big smile on her face, "I think it's because everyone is thinking the same thing."

Yang: raises an eyebrow, "which is?"

Ruby: looks at Yang, "that he might be the reason our ghosts freaked out the other day."

Weiss: gets into a thinking pose, while having her free hand under her elbow, "I see. So they want to see if this hunch is true, to see what he's capable of?"

Ruby: "hehe, pretty much."

Blake: "well, if you put it like that, then I can see why but still. It's against team dumbass. It wouldn't be a good judge of his capabilities. Hell if what I heard about their initial fight is to go by then it wouldn't be much of a match anyways."

???: "true, but it could provide a good baseline."

When the group of 4 girls looked to their side, they saw Pyrrha walking towards them with her usual smile and happy wave.

* Art Credit = https://www.deviantart.com/adsouto/art/Summer-Time-Pyrrha-Nikos-Original-757965014

Pyrrha: "hello friends!"

Ruby: "Pyrrha!" quickly gets up and rushes to hug her, "how have you been?"

Pyrrha: returns the hug, before then letting go of her so she could return to her team, "improving. Some of my old memories are still foggy, but I'm getting there..... slowly."

Yang: "well, that's good to hear. It wasn't easy getting you even this far, but im glad to see you're feeling better."

Blake: "wait." looks around, "where's the rest of your team?"

Pyrrha: "oh, their around. I just wanted to come over and say hi."

Yang: "so what did you mean by 'good baseline' anyways?"

Pyrrha: "oh, well. It's like Blake said. This match wouldn't be a good judge for his abilities, but it will provide a good baseline for what we could expect from him in the future. If he's truly the one who made our ghosts act that way, then he'll be someone who we need to keep an eye on, and this match will give us a good idea of what he might be capable of."

Ruby: takes a big o bite of her rather large cookie and looks at Pyrrha, "so what you're saying is, depending on how he does it. It will give us an idea on what he might be able to do in the future?"

Pyrrha: "precisely. We'll just have to wait and see what he can do later, when an actual challenge arises. I for one, am curious of what he can do. Not just because of how our ghosts acting that day but also as a new ally...... especially against.......... them." the light in her eyes began to fade as she starts to zone out.

Yang: "hey hey hey. Don't go there. Don't go to that dark place."

Pyrrha: jolts up and looks around, "huh, what?" looks around to see the concerned look on her friends faces, "oh, sorry. It's just that I had....... a moment."

Blake: "hey look. We get it. Trust me, it wasn't easy when we first tried to get our memories back but unlike us. You have friends who are here for you. It wasn't that long ago since you were reborn as a Guardian. Your still adjusting."

Pyrrha: "I..... I know. I'm sorry." gently places her hand on her head, "it's just that..... those memories keep flooding back from time to time. It's just..... hard to deal with sometimes."

Ruby: "It's ok. just take your time. You'll get there."

Pyrrha: "right. Thanks ruby..... hehe."

Ruby: "what?"

Pyrrha: "It's just weird seeing you like this. I'm used to the childish and hyper you."

Ruby: "hey!"

Weiss: "trust me. She's still childish."

Ruby: "ok, whose side are you even on anyways?" causing them all to laugh at her, which causes her to pout.

Yang: "anyways. Who did you mean by when you said 'them'?"

Pyrrha: "you know who." this causes their eyes to widen but then turned into the look of anger, "I've been hearing troubling rumors that she has aligned herself with the hive."

Ruby: stands up in anger while slamming her hands on the table, "what?! Are you sure?"

Pyrrha: "it's only a rumor......... but I've been finding more and more evidence that supports it."

Yang: slams her fists onto the table, "damn. That bitch doesn't know when to quit, does she? Now you're telling us that she aligned with the hive, out of all beings. The hive?! What could she even possibly gain from that?"

Weiss: trying to control her anger, "who knows, but there's nothing we can do about right now. Its best we focus our energy on the here and now but......let's keep our eyes and ears open for anything related to her." this causes them to nods, "we've been hunting her for nearly 700 years and haven't come up with anything concrete. The only thing we know for sure is that she somehow manages to travel to different planets and has been slowly regrowing her army again."

Ruby: takes a deep breath before sitting down, "you're right."

Blake: sits up and gets into a thinking pose, "mmmm." then looks at the holographic posters, "What if...... he's the key?"

Ruby, Weiss, Yang, & Pyrrha: "huh?"

The camera then continues to pan around. As it does so, we see 3 woman standing at the back of the crowd. We can see one had rather long but spiky hair while also wearing 2 round earrings. The other to, on the other hand, had shorter hair than the first girl, but one of the girls had smoothing hair while the other one had slightly spiky hair. However, what was most noticeable about these 3 woman, other than their black hair, was they each had some kind of brown furry tail wrapped around their waists. Another thing to note was the 2 short haired girls each wore odd looking Titan gear, while the longer haired one was wearing a simple short-sleeved shirt with tight pants.

The one with longer hair just scoffs at the whole thing before turning on her heel and walks away. This causes the other 2 to quickly follow behind her. As the trio walks into an archway, they pass a girl with long blue hair can be seen. She was standing against the wall, with her arms crossed. However, like the other 3, she can be seen with a blue furry belt around her waist. She could also be seen wearing a pretty light and revealing Titan gear, but it also had a Capsule Corp logo on one of the shoulder pads. she watches them walk but and scoffs.

* Art Credit = https://twitter.com/NovaSayajinGoku/status/1538982770013249536

???: "tch, she really needs to get that stick out of her ass. It's not like she can afford to be picky or take her sweet ass time." she then looks up at the TV and smiles, "besides, he looks pretty interesting. And if the rumors are true, then he's someone who's worth keeping an eye on."

The girl continues to look on, but then a part of her belt begins to wiggle strangely. She notices this and blushes, before quickly using her free hand to cover that part and look away.

It's Time for the Match to Begin!

We now see into a large futurist looking locker room. This room is littered with plenty of storage vaults that are disguised to look like typical lockers. In the back of this room, we can see a rather large and long shower room that has 2 large windows that take up most of the front and back walls. However, we then notice that a section of this window is blacked out. At different points on the walls, awhile from the lockers, are different types of stations meant to get drinks, food and so on. As the center of this room is some kind of pedestal that's projecting a 3d image of some kind of forest like area that appears to be on earth. Then we can see Y/n walk out of the shower room, which makes that section of the widow go back to being transparent. When he walked out, he had nothing but a towel around his waist, while using another to wipe his face. On display for all to see what his rather muscular frame. With a clearly visible 6 pack, muscular arms and legs and tight glutes, even with the towel covering his rear.

* Art Credit = https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Ze5V8

The boy then walks passed the pedestal and leans against it. He then looks at the hologram and begins to try and touch it, but his hand goes right through it.

Y/n: "man. This is so weird. It looks so real, like I can actually reach out and touch it." he tries again, but his hand still goes through it, "I can't remember much of my past, but I can still remember the technology of that time it doesn't even come close to this."

Ghost: spawn right out of him, "do you feel some sick?"

Y/n: "....... im... im not sure." he then looks at his hands, "I can't remember much of my time there, but I can't help but have this..... deep sadness. I can't even remember my family or friends.... so why do it feel so..... sad?"

Ghost: "maybe your heart or soul knows something that your mind doesn't. What you're going through is pretty understandable."

Y/n: "I guess." lets out a sigh before leaning his upper body against the pedestal, "I just wish I could remember something, anyone. Maybe then I can mourn their passing and finally move on." leans up a little and place his hand over his heart, "I just feel something...... missing. It's like I left someone behind but..... I can't remember who. Hey ghosts, be honest with me." looks up at his ghost, "am I weird, for feeling sad over someone I can't remember?"

Ghost: "well, you are weird, an idiot, you have almost zero common sense or sense of danger and basically act like a child, despite being a grown man."

Y/n: rolls eyes and says with sarcasm, "gee, thanks a lot."

Ghost: "but not about this." this causes Y/n to look at him, "I've been around so a very long time and observed you humans for just as long and the one thing I grew to understand about many of you was that you like to wear your emotions on your sleeves, regardless of the logic. You'll go with your feelings instead of your head. It's like how a mother knowing when her child is in trouble, despite being so far apart. So no, you're not weird for being sad over someone you can't remember. It's actually...... pretty human of you."

Y/n: smiles, "thanks."

Ghost: "don't mention it, but you really should get ready. It's almost time for your match."

Y/n: raises an eyebrow, "huh?" looks at the clock, "oh right."

Ghost: "remember, focus."

Y/n: playfully rolls his eyes, "I know, mom."

The boy then stands up straight and steps back from the pedestal. He then lowers his head and closes his eyes. He takes in a deep breath, before slowly exhaling. Suddenly, his whole entire body began to glow a bright white color. Then, limb by limb, his armor appeared from a burst of light particles, starting from his arms, his legs, his chest and finally his head. The boy then slowly looks up and opens his eyes, which can barely be seen through the helmets visor. He then tilts his head slightly before letting out a 'heh' type noise. He then looks up at his ghost and gives it a thumbs up.

Y/n: "im ready to kick some ass."

We then get an over head view of the Tower and its lobby area. We can see many of the viewers have now taken their seats. We can see many have gotten snacks, typical theaters food or full-blown meals. Everyone was waiting in anticipation for the upcoming match that was just mere moments away. Hell, even the vanguard are watching the match from within the command center. As anticipation builds, a large hologram of Shaxx pears at the center of the lobby area.

Shaxx: "my fellow Guardians, rejoice as the moment is here. The most anticipated match of the century is about it begin! Ah-ha! On one side, we have Fireteam Crdl. They have a record of 0 to 400 under their belt! Impressive........ to say the least." this causes everyone to snicker or laugh, "on the other, we have our newest Guardian. A boy brought but from the great beyond to become a Guardian! He hasn't been among us for long, but he's already making a name for himself. Welcome our newest arrival, Y/NNNN!!!!!" this causes visible excitement to be shown among the people watching, while others cheer on, "now let me explain the rules for this match. This will be a 4 on 1 team wipe match. In order to make this fair, the boy will have 3 extra lives."

Male Human Guardian 1: "he's fighting all 4? That seems kinda unfair, don't you think?"

Female Human Guardian 1: "true but its against team punching bag. So who cares. It's not like they'll be a match for him."

Male Awoken Guardian 1: "she has a point. We all saw how he handled Cardin, who's the strongest out of the 4. I doubt he'll struggle much against the rest."

Female Exo Guardian 1: "possibly, but the one thing they do have going for them is their good teamwork. So he'll still struggle."

Male Human Guardian 2: "lets also keep in mind, he hasn't been a Guardian for all that long. I doubt he's had enough time to learn how to use all of his abilities."

Male Exo Guardian 1: "maybe but he is a Titan after all. So he'll put up one hell of a fight regardless. Even if he loses, then it would just be viewed as his inexperience. So no one will knock him for it."

Male Human Guardian 1: "but if he does win." they all snickered, "it'll be even more embarrassing for those losers." this causes all of them to burst out in laughter.

Shaxx: "for those of you who don't know, the rules of team wipe are pretty simple. Eliminate the opposing team before your own gets wiped out. Whoever has the most remembers remaining by the end of the time limit will be the winners. Course with Y/n having 3 extra lives, then they'll have to defeat him a total of 4 times in order to win."

Catra: "hah, I doubt he'll even need one."

Adora: "from what his ghost told me about him, Y/n adapt to being a Guardian pretty well, but that was against Dreg. Not much of a challenge, even for newbies. That's nothing against other Guardians, let alone another Titan."

Catra: "man, you have no faith."

Adora: "oh, I do. I have no doubt he'll win this match pretty easily. I did train him after all. I'm just stating the facts."

Catra: "yeah yeah miss party pooper. Man, you sure became more logical and calm after becoming a Guardian."

Adora: cheekily smiles while flicking her hair, "and you become more like a brat and a child." this causes a tick mark to appear on Catras head. This causes Adora to chuckle.

Shaxx: "now that's enough of the boring talking stuff, time for action. So let the match..... BEGIN!!"

Right as the man said this, his image disappears and all of the holographic TVs switched to the arena where team Crdl and Y/n will face off. When we get a good look inside of it, it appears to be somewhere on earth. It pears to be some kind of ruined city. It's clear that it has been abandoned for many centuries now, as foliage can be seen over taking it and much of it has withered away.

[Crucible Location: Rusted Lands]

The camera then begins to zoom in on one area in specific. Right as it does so, a beam of light shoots out from the ground and disappears just as fast as it appeared. We can now see Y/n standing there, a little confused but regains his bearings.

Y/n: "so this is where ill be fighting those assholes." takes a deep breath, before lowering down, "alright.... let's do this!"

-to be continued

End

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/n: mwahahaha! The dreaded cliffhanger yet again. But no seriously. Sorry about that, but this was already approaching 6k words and I still have an entire fight scene to write out and my usual quality check, which usually adds a crap ton of more content. So I had no choice but to end it here. Anyways, against im sorry for the long wait. I hope you enjoyed it regardless. Now, if you're confused as to why it's a total of 16 members, instead of the canon 12. Well, It's because in this series, Fireteams can be up to 4 members, instead of the usual 3. Having 3 members is still the norm, but this rules was to help out those who had 4. Now, as for the age thing and the Golden age stuff. Well, since it doesn't have a specific time in which it takes place in, nor for how long (as of 4/16/2024), I decided to take full advantage of that. Now as for the human age thing, well I have no idea if that's a thing in canon, but it makes sense in my head. They're near a god like beings for hundreds of years, so there's bound to be some kind of side effect. So now they can reach 300 is something I chose to go with. Now I'll be honest about something. When I started to write this story (the whole thing, not this chapter) I actually didn't know the time period in which Destiny takes place in, until I did research to find when the Golden age takes place that is. so purely plot reason, instead of the canon year of 2700, my story will take place in the year of 3700. This will give me more room to play with and to add more series to the mix by adding more eras/ages. Now before you ask, yes, I came up with all of this on the spot, right as I was writing this chapter. Otherwise, I would've told you in the 'before the story starts' chapter. Sorry, but it just didn't cross my mind until I started writing this chapter. Welp, that's all I can't think of. So I'll see you........ in the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 533 34
(Supergirl x Male Reader) When a Guardian, a Hunter, the successor to the late Hunter Vanguard Cayde-6 who wielded his legendary Ace of Spades hand c...
97.8K 2.5K 106
Earth is an incredibly peaceful and beautiful World home to the amazingly intelligent Humans that live upon its surface. Upon these many, many Humans...
93K 1K 34
Y/N L/N died by an accident and a powerful mysterious figure gave him a second chance to live and with a powerful ability and an ancient artifact to...