~The cop and the Psychologist~

By Writerxt0

*Edited* The team call in a specialist when they are due to come face to face with a known serial killer Rosa... More

~The cop and the Psychologist~
-Chapter Two
-Chapter Three
-Chapter Four
-Chapter five

-Chapter One

3.1K 58 3
By Writerxt0

Meeting Rosalind Dyer

As her eyes peeled open,the buzzing sound of Adelaide's ringing phone continued.She unfolded  her arm and grabbed her phone,pulling it straight to her ear not even checking who it was before answering it.

"Hello?" She answered the phone,her eyes returning to their closed position as she brought a hand up to cover her face.

"Hey,sorry to call so early.Grey needs you at the station today.It's a big case and we need your help" her sister spoke through the phone and Adelaide opened her eyes,squinting at the bright,daylight shining through her bedroom window.

"Yeah.Of Course.I'll be there soon" Adelaide agreed before putting down the phone to her sister.

She climbed out of bed with a groan and walked over to her closet where she grabbed out a pair of dark grey jeans,a black long sleeve top and began getting herself ready for the day.

Once she had made her way to the station,Adelaide was greeted by her sister as she was enveloped in a warm hug.

"So nobody knows i'm here today?" Adelaide asked as they walked down the halls.
"Not yet.Grey's gonna announce it in roll call" Angela informed her.
"Lucky me" Adelaide joked before entering Sargeant Grey's office,leaving her sister to prepare for her day of work.

"Morning,Adelaide" Grey greeted from his seat at his desk.
"Good Morning Grey,So what can i do for you?" Adelaide smiled as she took a seat opposite him.

Sargeant Grey filled her in on what they had on the Rosalind Dyer case so far before it was time for Roll call.
"Okay,settle down.For those of you who don't know,This is Dr Adelaide Lopez who will be supporting us throughout this case.

Adelaide scanned the room,noticing a few familiar faces giving her friendly smiles,especially the beaming smile she recognised only as Tim Bradford.

"Lopez will be using her skills to try keep us ahead of Rosalind at all times" Grey started
"Sir,i- what kind of skills are you talking about?" One of the new faces questioned as Adelaide watched her.Grey nodded for Adelaide to explain so she cleared her throat and took a breath.

"Well,i am a trained psychologist.Meaning i can read peoples emotions based on their facial expressions,body language,vocals and all that fun stuff.It's always a little harder reading people with psychopathic or sociopathic traits but i am good at what i do so hopefully i can help with the case" She explained as all eyes were on her and The rookie beamed at her before nodding.

"Okay.Get to work everyone" Grey spoke and everyone left to attend to their appointed jobs.
Adelaide watched as everyone left,leaving only a few of them in the room.Her eyes locked onto a particularly familiar face as he walked towards her,a smile covering his face.

"Bradford" She smiled as he wrapped her in a warm hug.
"Hey,Addi" He greeted and Adelaide chuckled.

She had always been called 'Addi' by Tim and Angela,it was just their thing but she didn't mind it.

"I haven't seen you in ages" Tim spoke as he pulled away from her and Adelaide nodded.
"Yeah.I was working with a station down in Arizona for a while.I just got back last week" she smiled.

"Its crazy that this case is still going" Adelaide spoke as her and Tim walked down the hall.
"I know.I worked one of the scenes.Fourth Victim,Lisa Cruz.Homicide detectives warned me not to look at the body.Should've listened" Tim contributed.

"Adelaide" a voice interrupts them.Adelaide turns her head and looks over to see a guy she met over at a bar the night before.
"Uh...hey" she replied awkwardly

"Caleb,from the bar last night" he reminded her and she nodded
"Yeah,uh..." she replied,still not knowing why he just showed up at her work place.

"I hope this isn't wierd,but you left before i could get your number" Caleb smiled and Adelaide laughed nervously.

"Anyway,this is my info,if you ever feel like waiting in vain for a drink,give me a call" Caleb spoke,flashing her a smile before stretching out his arm and handing Adelaide a small piece of paper.

As she went to grab the paper,Tim snatched it out of the guys hand and started reading it.
"You got a last name there,uh...Caleb?" Tim asked accusingly
"Uh,yes sir.Wright with a W" Caleb informed him and Tim nodded.
"What do you do? If you say 'screenwriter' your going in a cell" Tim asked and Adelaide tried not to laugh at his overprotective ways.

"I manage a medical supply company downtown" Caleb replied brightly.
"I'm sorry about him.Things are a little crazy right now" Adelaide said with a laugh.

"No problem" Caleb smiled before turning to Tim.
"Nice to meet you,officer" he spoke before turning and walking away.

Once Caleb was gone,Adelaide turned and glared at Tim.
"What?" He asked,still holding onto the piece of paper.Adelaide raised her eyebrows before holding her hand out for him to give her the note.
He hesitated before reluctantly giving her the piece of paper.

"Bradford,Lopez got a minute?" Grey shouted from his office and the two of us nodded before walking into his office.

"Okay.A few things,First of all Thank you Adelaide for doing this,i really appreciate it" Grey started and Adelaide smiled.
"Second of all,Bradford you are now responsible for Adelaide in the field.You will not let Rosalind or anyone else lay a hand on her while on the job do you understand me?" Grey asked and Bradford looked down at Adelaide before looking at Grey.

"I wont let anyone hurt her" he confirmed and Adelaide smiled.
"I do have a date to go to and your not coming with me on that" Adelaide joked
"Tim will only be responsible for you in the field not in your dating life" Grey chuckled and Adelaide laughed before nodding.

********************************************

The back doors of the van open and a woman strapped to a wheelchair is brought out and placed infront of the assembled LAPD personnel.

"Hello,Nick" Rosalind Smirked.
"Rosalind" Nick replied dryly.
"Are you gonna introduce me to your friends?" Rosalind asked with a smile.
"They got name tags.You got eyes" Nick snapped

"That one doesn't.Who are you? Wait,you must be the shrink they sent to 'keep an eye on me' you look like fun" Rosalind spoke in a menacing way.

"Back off Rosalind" Tim voiced and she smirked before watching as Chen and Harper unbuckled her restraints.As she stands up, the rosalind stumbles slightly and Nolan catches her arm to steady her slightly.

"Ohhh,thank you" Rosalind flirted
Harper stepped forwards and began to search Rosalind thoroughly as Adelaide watched for any indicators on her face and body language.As harper moved onto searching her legs Rosalind lowered her arms slightly.

"Arms up Rosalind" Adelaide warned as she Placed a hand on Tim's forearm slightly,notifying him to keep an eye on her for any sudden movements.

"Oh please.They did this back at the prison" Rosalind complained
"And i'm doing it again" Harper replied

"Thorough,i appreciate that.I once pulled every tooth out of the head of a predatory anaesthesiologist.It'd have been easier to just take a hammer to him,but a person should take pride in their work.Don't you think,Officer Nolan?" Rosalind spoke

"Ma'am if you're trying to shock me,you're in for a disappointment" Nolan spoke politely.
"Mm,i like a challenge" Rosalind smirked before turning to face Adelaide.

"What do you say Dr? Should i take you to the good doctors body first,Adelaide?" Rosalind questioned with a smirk on her first as Adelaide glared at her.

"As long as we get all three,the order doesn't matter" Adelaide replied and Rosalind chuckled.
Harper and Nolan put an LAPD vest on Rosalind as Tim turned to face Adelaide.

"Is she telling the truth?" Tim asked and Adelaide didn't take her eyes off of Rosalind,glaring at her as the serial-killer smiled.
"Every word" Adelaide replied before looking up at him with a sigh.

The team got Rosalind into the unmarked van and Tim gently grabbed Adelaide's wrist.
"What are you doing?" Tim asked
"I need to be in the van with Nolan,Harper and Armstrong.I might be able to detect if she's going to start trouble before it happens" Adelaide explained and Tim sighed,reluctant to leave her.

"And if she does start trouble?" Tim asked,his stern expression masking his concern.
"I'll have Nolan,Harper and Armstrong" She replied before placing a hand on his bicep.
"I'll be fine.I'll see you when we get there.Okay?" Adelaide told him before he reluctantly nodded and she climbed into the van.

The ride went smoothly,Rosalind make a few harmless comments but nothing to raise any concern.They arrived at the trail and escorted Rosalind out of the van.Adelaide held onto her arm as she stepped out of the van,though she didn't let go when she was out.

"Just so you know,if you look or so much as move in a way that tells me your not going to play nice i'll have you back in prison before you can even think of whats next.You got me?" Adelaide threatened and Rosalind gave her a smug smile.

"Yeah.We'll see about that Dr Lopez" Rosalind spoke,her voice thick with sarcasm.Adelaide was very good at her job,the best even.That's why she was hired for so many 'diffucult' jobs however,all she was picking up from Rosalind was the pride in her work.No remorse,no regret just straight up proud of her 'work' as she called it.

When the others arrived,Tim approached Adelaide,his rookie following behind him.
"You good?" He asked and she nodded.
"Do you think she'll try escape?" The rookie asked and Adelaide shook her head.

"I'd like to think not.She's smart,she knows it would be suicide.She wouldn't make it 10 feet without catching a bullet" Adelaide replied as they began hiking up the trail.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 63.2K 59
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
454K 1.3K 11
Fun wlw sex. Different kinks and stuff, all about trying things. May even include potential plot lines and will definitely include some form after ca...
2M 110K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
2.6M 150K 48
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...