Beautiful Secrets and Dark Ch...

By Shy_writes_xoxo

Kira Valentine is a normal 22yr old girl finding a way through life. Or so most think. What they don't know i... More

Main Characters/Main Side Characters
What To Expect
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Thirteen

75 4 0
By Shy_writes_xoxo

We all take a seat at the table. Of course I get sat directly across from Maverick and right next to Khaos. Khaos was generous enough to pull out my chair for me. Maverick pulled out Willow's chair for her. At least they have some manners

"Alright listen Kira..before we start I want you to know it's not your fault. I don't need you blaming yourself for anything that you're about to discover. As much as Khaos might not seem like it, he's deeply sorry for the predicament that we are in. As weird as it may sound, I look up to Khaos."

Maverick had a pained look in his hazel eyes. I hardly ever see him emotional or upset so this topic probably isn't going to be easy for me to handle. No matter what I have to keep it together not only for me and Maverick but for mom as well. The room was ghostly silent. All eyes were on me.

"Maverick I'll be fine. I'm not a kid anymore I can handle a little bit of truth and sadness in my life. Doesn't stop me from being upset that you got involved in all this shit though. And for you to look up to you Khaos? If anything he should be looking up to you. You don't need to put yourself lower and let alone that low. Really Mav really?"

I had a little hatred put into my voice when I finally gained the voice I needed to speak. I love Maverick to death don't get me wrong. But to compare and look up to someone who hit his own sister and held you at gun point in front of your sister?? If it wasn't for me saving his sorry ass, he'd probably be dead.

"Kira-"

Khaos gets interrupted by Willow and honestly it shocked me a bit.

"Look Kira I get it, you're upset. You're confused. You've witnessed so much over the past few days and it's hard to handle. But you don't know my brother like we do. Yea sure he can be a dick and piss people off. Yea he doesn't have the best past. But none of us are perfect. How would you feel if I was bad-mouthing you're brother? You got to get your shit together."

She gets up abruptly and mumbles something under her breath before storming off.

I've never seen Willow so upset. She's right though, I need to pull it together. God damnit I'm Kira Valentine. Im a badass assassin whose just trying to make a living. I don't need anyone. I don't have to rely on anyone. I have to fix this.

"She's right you know Kira."

Maverick says with a softened yet concerned look.

"I know she is Mav. I owe everyone here an apology. Khaos could've let me die today. Whether he has a reasoning to keep me alive or not he still made sure I was safe. I thank him for that."

I try so hard not to roll my eyes. I hate being affectionate let alone to a dude who practically kidnapped me. Okay to be fair I did try to kill him but still.

"You know I'm right there Kira."

Khaos says with a slight smirk.

"No dip Sherlock. Was I talking to you? No I didn't think so. You should be thankful I even said that."

He rolls his eyes before smirking even more. I hate not knowing what he's thinking of but it was so worth it.

"Okay Maverick. Rock paper scissors. Whoever loses has to break the news to Kira and hope you don't become her next victim."

Khaos gives me a look that was so cocky and arrogant I wanted to just slap him right there.

"Alright, deal."

Maverick states while sticking out his hand at the same time as Khaos. They put one hand behind their back before beginning. It's a serious event and there over here playing rock papers scissors. Khaos looks at me and whispers soft enough that Maverick can't hear.

"Hey pretty lady. Would you do the honors of being the referee."

He gives a cocky smile before looking back at Maverick. They're staring intensely at each other. I cannot with these two. I stand up and push my chair in.

"Sure no problem Khaos!"

I say pretty loudly to annoy him.

I place my hands behind my back. Rock. Paper. Scissors. Shoot! The boys held up their signs. They both held up scissors.

"Looks like you guys are at a tie boys. No pressure."

I say smirking at Khaos.

The boys reset their hands and we go again. Rock. Paper. Scissors. Shoot! Maverick held up rock. Khaos held up paper.

"Ooo Khaos coming in and taking the W!"

I say mocking Maverick.

Khaos beginnings to cheer.

"HELL YEAH! GUESS WHO GETS TO KEEP THEIR HEAD. THIS GUY!"

Maverick shakes his head and we are all laughing. It's moments like these when I can actually handle the whole situation. Seeing Khaos happy is a rare experience and let me tell you he lights up a whole room when he is.

"Alright Kira sit down and try not to murder Maverick okay."

Khaos states, pulling out my chair again.

I sit down and everything becomes calm. Khaos places his hand on my thigh and he begins to rub it. I would move it but I don't want to cause a scene.

"Okay Kira."

He pauses to take a deep breath.

"You're not aware but Khaos here is a leader of a pretty well known biker gang called Hell's Angels."

I let out a breath heavier than usual as Khaos places a gentle grip onto my thigh.

"So that explains the mysterious t-shirt making. But what does that have to do with anything? Why does some biker gang leader need to keep me safe?"

I say not even acknowledging Khaos at the moment.

"Well Kira. You've noticed I'm hardly ever home and I'm always out really late right."
"Yea. You're just busy Maverick I get it."
"Well see that's where you're wrong. Kira I'm not busy doing just about anything."
"Maverick I don't quite understand what you're trying to tell me."

Khaos moves his hand up my thigh and places a grip less gentle than before.

"Kira.. Maverick works for me."

Khaos says smiling at me.

"Maverick is this true? Are you really in a biker gang? Is that how you know Khaos and Willow?"
"Me and Willow did go to school Kira I can assure you that. I do work for Khaos and Willow is the one who introduced me to him way back. I had to do an admission to get into the biker gang. Thankfully Khaos was able to get me the training I needed. I like it there Kira. I know it's not what you wanna hear but the gang is like the family we've never had."

He quickly looks away from me

"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I didn't want to alarm you. You worry about me enough as is let alone if I were to tell you I'm in a biker gang."
"Of course I'm going to worry about you Maverick you're my only brother. You're all I have left."

Khaos feels me tense up and he begins to caress my thigh in a soothing motion in a desperate attempt to try and calm me. Surprisingly it works.

"I just wish you would've told me Maverick."
"Just like you never told me about you being an assassin?? Yea you think I didn't know all about that. Murders on so many different streets near us. Yes Khaos told me. You think  I'm not worried about my sister being a murder??"
"Maverick look...how would you expect me to explain that to you? I don't kill for fun. I kill for money. I have to make a living and right now assassinating people is giving me a hell of a lot of money. I've never had to struggle. I've been doing this job since highschool Mav, I think I'm okay with it by now."

The room went silent for a moment.

"Kira you killed Logan Martin. Do you have any clue who he is??"
"No of course I don't. You think I care enough to try and research my victims?"
"Logan Martin was the leader of the biker gang Red Blaze Rapids." Khaos states.
"Damn. You're telling me I killed an oh so powerful bike leader. Congratulations to me."

Khaos let's out a slight chuckle. And Maverick glares at him.

"Kira this is serious."
"Okay what's so bad about me killing him?"
"The Red Blaze Rapids are the rival gang of Hell's Angels. Since you've killed him they think we were a part of it and now a war between the two sides is soon to break out. I'm sure someone found out who you were from their gang considering you had a hit on Khaos. They'll surely figure out you were the killer and want revenge on everyone including you. See the problem now?"

If Mavericks is a part of this gang that means he's in danger. That's why he didn't want me to blame myself. If I didn't kill him they'd be as safe as they could possibly get. I just stirred up everything.

"We have to keep you safe Kira. No matter the cost. And that's why you have to help Khaos. When you help Khaos you're helping me." Maverick states with tears forming.

"It's okay Mav. We'll figure it out."

Khaos was doing who knows what. I'm pretty sure he was meeting some people outside but I don't know for certain.

*Hours later*

Khaos had eventually came into the house and cooked him up some food. He asked if I wanted anything and I refused. My appetite is not here whatsoever. I think Khaos fell asleep though, I haven't seen him out of his room in a while. Maverick was watching over Willow why they were out trying to gain information. I spent most of the day reading one of the poetry books that I had found in the house. I also watched a little bit of tv. Today was boring for the most part but that's exactly what I needed. My eyes felt heavy and I could tell I was tired. I got up and turned the light off and curled up on the couch. Day four is officially over with.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

757 48 19
A tale of two sorrowful souls who crossed paths due to a trivial coincidence. His eyes will forever ravish her, his lips will leave eternal marks an...
106K 6.1K 59
Anne is a couple months away from turning eighteen and is always left alone, since her mom and her mom's boyfriend are always gone on mostly business...
6.2K 348 33
Meet Michelle Anderson - a 21-year-old girl who exudes kindness, love, and warmth. Her bright sundresses and shy smile have always given the impressi...
52.1K 3.2K 86
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 | 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 It's all fun and games until someone suggests killing each other's spouses for revenge. M...