you are in love

By 13invisiblestrings

"i can't. it's not fair to you." More

cast
lucy
visuals
0. bennett
I. pancakes
II. buddy
III. 38th and 6th
V. flower shower
ACT TWO satellite
VI. full machine
VII. what can i do?
VIII. teardrops on my guitar
IX. lovelorn, and nobody knows

IV. inside out and backwards

930 40 57
By 13invisiblestrings

chapter four
inside out and backwards

GRACIE was leaning on her kitchen counter overwhelmed with emotions she could barely be pulled away from. Weenie was jumping up on her leg which made her pick him up and hold him close without redirecting her gaze from the framed photo of her and Bennet. She heard a key turn in the door. Was that her key in the door?

Lucy walked in, tiptoeing. She was making an attempt to scare Gracie, assuming she was feeling better than she was earlier. She walked up behind her and shook her shoulders with a chuckle. When she got no reaction out of Gracie and tried to turn her around, but she was staying put. Lucy furrowed her eyebrows and moved to look at Gracie's face, who tried to turn the other way.

"Hey, it's okay. What's going on?" Lucy asked, concerned. Gracie took a deep breath before turning around. She blinked rapidly and swallowed before saying, "I broke up with him."

Internally, Lucy was jumping for joy. Confetti poppers were going off. She felt so incredibly relieved, but had to push down those feelings for her best friend. "Oh. Okay. Are you alright?"

Gracie was looking at the ground, while Lucy took Weenie from her arms and into her own. Lucy bounced him up and down like a baby. After all, he was Gracie's baby. "Yeah. I guess. I don't know. It's whatever."

Lucy shook her head. "No. It's not whatever. Your relationship just ended. Do you need me to do anything for you?" Lucy looked at her with admiration in her eyes. Her eyes always shinned the brightest when looking at Gracie.

"I'm good. Thanks though," she paused, and idea rising in her mind. "I wanna go out," she stated firmly. She was already planning what she was gonna wear and who she was going to go with.

Lucy had shock written all over her face. Gracie? At a party? After a breakup? This was strange, she thought. "Oh- are you sure? Maybe we should just have a night in. I could cook for you!"

Gracie brushed her off and started to walk up the stairs. "Let's go out, Luce. Please."

Lucy was fine with going out at this point. She had nothing going on in her life. "I mean- yeah. But it's like 6," she replied. Gracie rolled her eyes. "Obviously it's too early. Come upstairs with me," Gracie said, not asking as she pulled Lucy up the stairs with Weenie following close behind.

Once the two girls made it to Gracie's room, Lucy sat on the bed. Gracie was grabbing things from all around the room. Lucy looked confused as she was doing this. She didn't question Gracie, she just let her do her thing. In the many years they had been friends, even at a young age, Lucy knew to leave her best friend be.

"What are you doing?" she asked, although she didn't enjoy questioning her. Gracie was still frantically grabbing things and aggressively placing them next to Lucy on the bed.

"Getting rid of his stuff," Gracie replied, nonchalantly. Lucy looked to her left and saw polaroids of the couple, a necklace, a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt with a "G" embroidered on the right and a "B" embroidered on the left.

Gracie was removing photos of them from frames, throwing out his tooth brush and shampoo. Lucy was shocked that Gracie actually went through with this. Gracie then walked out with a tiny Superman costume which was thrown in the trash. "Sorry Ween," she shrugged.

After minutes of Gracie doing this, she threw herself onto the bed next to Lucy who was playing with something that was on Gracie's side table. Gracie looked up at her best friend with stars practically in her eyes. She took a breath and tilted her head, getting a better view of her.

"You're so pretty," she said before she could even think about saying it. Lucy looked over at Gracie and gave her a downturned smile, appreciating the words. Gracie smiled back and Lucy stared at the small gap between her teeth that she adored. She turned away from Gracie, looking forward.

"Who are you inviting tonight?" she asked, continuing to play with the small stress ball in her hands. Lucy was planning on bringing her best friends, Cam and Rory.

"Probably Olivia, and you, obviously. I'm assuming you want to bring Rory and Cam," Gracie said, reading her best friend's mind. She particularly took a liking to Lucy's friend, Rory. Probably because she and Lucy happened to be very similar.

"Yeah," Lucy replied with a smile, thinking about her friends. She and Cam had been friends since they were small. In high school, Lucy and Rory met in their freshman English class. They quickly became best friends at their all-girls school. Rory and Lucy had kissed just once. It was nothing real, just practice for Rory's first kiss.

After a couple of hours had passed, plans were made and the group was Lucy, Gracie, Olivia, Rory, and Cam. Gracie had showered first, leaving Lucy behind time-wise. She was blowing out her hair as Lucy was attempting to step out of the shower before realizing she had no towel.

"Cici, could you pass me a towel?" she asked loudly over the hair dryer. Gracie turned to Lucy and nodded, trying her best to not look. The girls have obviously undressed in front of each other before, but Gracie felt different now with these new...feelings.

She grabbed a towel from the linen closet and brought it back to Lucy with a smile. "Here," she said softly. Lucy took the towel from her hands and wrapped it around her body. She stepped out of the shower and walked to Gracie's bedroom, trying to pick something of hers to wear.

Her green eyes skimmed the brunette's closet before stopping on one of her tops of Gracie's. It was a silk emerald green top Gracie had only worn a few times. Lucy pulled it out of the closet and walked over to the bathroom where she asked Gracie if it was okay that she wear it. Of course, Gracie approved without a second look.

Before she put the top and jeans on though, she dressed herself in one of Gracie's over-sized t-shirts and pj shorts to get ready in. She walked into the bathroom and stood to the left of Gracie, going through her own makeup bag.

Gracie looked over at Lucy and chuckled, looking her up and down. Lucy looked back at her with a questioning look. "Your shirt is inside out and backwards, babe," she giggled, pulling the shirt over Lucy's head and turning it right side out. She balled it up in her hands and threw it at Lucy's chest.

"It's not my fault you don't like to fold your clothes. I'm the one that does it for you," Lucy stated, starting off with moisturizer.

Gracie rolled her eyes and started her makeup as well. 

                                  •

Lucy and Gracie met up with their friends at the party, which happened to be hosted by Madelyn Cline. The music was loud and the place was pretty packed. Lucy and Rory didn't separate at parties; they were too scared of what would happen. Cam was off looking for someone new to talk to. The options were open. Boys or girls. Gracie was doing something with Olivia. Rory and Lucy were sure they'd be back soon.

In the meantime, the two girls, who weren't big partygoers, decided to play smash or pass. Rory pointed in the direction of a tall blonde boy with seemingly brown eyes. Lucy was all over it until she noticed his pants. Black skinny jeans.

"Rory, his jeans. I just can't," Lucy stated, making a dramatic disgusted face. Rory hit her arm and rolled her blue eyes.

"Okay but whenever I see someone with bad style that's hot, I just think of how much I could change them."

Lucy tilted her head in approval before laying her eyes on someone. Brown curly hair, brown eyes, nice jawline. Her jaw practically dropped as she pointed Rory in his direction. Both girls were wide-eyed. Holy shit, they both thought. Lucy looked at Rory's face and immediately knew what she was thinking and she was fond of the idea.

"Do it. You have to. Where else will you see a man like..." she paused, taking a deep breath, "like that."

Rory closed her eyes and nodded, trying her best to convince herself to walk up to him. But she quickly let her head fall and shook it. "No, I can't do it."

Lucy looked at her best friend in shock and disapproval. "You're joking right? I mean- if you don't, I will."

Rory shook her head again. She wanted this and she knew it. The last time she dated someone was a year ago. She didn't want a one-night stand. She wanted to commit, but that happened to be something she wasn't too good at.

"Can you find Cam? He's better at convincing," Rory asked. Lucy knew this was true and rushed off to find the brunette boy she so adored.

It turns out, a lot of boys look like Cam. She had stopped about 3 people, thinking they were him. After five minutes, she found him. She took a breath and felt relieved. She pulled his arm and dragged him through the crowd of people. He was confused, but knew not to ask Lucy questions. He would always do as she says. Once they came to a stop, Cam knew what was going on.

He placed his hands on Rory's shoulders from behind her. "Okay. You're gonna go up to him and start a random ass conversation." Cam scanned the boy, looking for something to talk about. He spotted a Gucci ring and thought of something. "Okay so he might be rich, which is good. Ask him about his ring."

Rory nodded as Cam pushed her off to the boy. Lucy and Cam held hands as they watched their friend flirt with one of the hottest guys at the party. They high-fived and parted ways. Although, the slight somber look on Cam's face went unnoticed by Lucy.

Lucy didn't really know what to do at parties. She didn't feel like hooking up with someone and then having them try to actually get her number or something. All she felt was right to do was get drunk. So, that's what she did. After a few minutes of endless shots, she was on a mission to find Gracie. She assumed she would be with Olivia, which isn't a problem, but they weren't very close due to them not quite knowing each other.

Lucy was walking when someone bumped into her and spilled their drink all down her front.

"Shittt!" she yelled, slightly slurring. She squeezed her eyes shut and rubbed her head. She looked up to see a beautiful, tall, blonde girl before her.

"I'm so sorry! Oh my god," she apologized. She was British? Her cheeks were flush with embarrassment. She scrambled in her purse to find something to serve the same purpose as a napkin. She pulled out a tissues and kneeled down to wipe the drink off Lucy's top.

"It's okay. You don't need to- to do that," Lucy giggled, now looking down at the blonde instead of up.

"Yes, I do. This was my fault. I'm gonna buy you a drink," she replied, standing up from where she previously was. She looked Lucy directly in the eye whilst grabbing her hand to pull her through the crowd. Lucy was already drunk as can be, stumbling to get another drink from a stranger.

After the blonde bought her a drink, she downed it. They talked for a few minutes about some nonsense Lucy wasn't comprehending before the British girl left. Lucy stood up, to go find Gracie. It had been a few hours and she was ready to go home.

"Cici," she mumbled, trying to keep her name in her mind so she could remember who she was looking for. She caught a glimpse of a small pink ribbon and walked directly up to her. She tapped her shoulder, not wanting to interrupt the conversation she was having with someone.

Gracie turned around and chuckled. "Oh, you're gone," she stated in a fit of giggles. She pulled Lucy to her side, keeping her safe, as she continued to talk to her new friend. All that kept her calm was the familiar scent, that was Gracie's signature perfume. She waited for Gracie to be done talking so that they could hang out or leave if she was ready.

The person Gracie was talking to soon walked away and Lucy looked over to Gracie. "Can- can we maybe like go soon maybe?"

With her arm still around her, Gracie kissed her head with a smile and began to gather all of their friends. It actually was pretty late, 1:30 am to be exact.

This party was full of celebrities, so obviously there was gonna be paparazzi outside. Lucy decided to walk with Cam and Rory, while Gracie walked out with Olivia.

As soon as they walked out, there was immediate flashes and yelling.

"What's going on with your parents Lucy!"

"New girlfriend, Cam?"

"Olivia, when's the next album?"

"Gracie, where's Bennet tonight?"

Lucy's favorite was the theory about her and Cam dating when every knows that they're just friends. Always have been. Always will be.

The five of them hopped straight into the car, which had Lucy's driver in the front seat. Not soon later, photos were posted of the two laughing whilst walking to the car.

liked by teen vogue, oliviarodrigo, lucygoslingupdates, and others

people magazine lucy gosling and cameron miller leaving madelyn cline's party tonight!! don't you just love this pair?!

view all 15,282 comments

teen vogue been obsessed with these 2 for so long!

hollywoodfix so cute!

lucyandcamSHUT UP IM ALIVE

luce.cam ALIVE? IM DEAD

oliviarodrigo LMAO

GUYS IM LITERALLY DEAD OVER NIALLS ALBUM. on a night like tonight. expect references. also prepare to be sick of me when Gracie's deluxe songs come out. also im going to London and I'm gonna see harry styles this next week. dead. might take a while to update.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 148 15
a collection of ronance:))
9K 480 41
"You want him. And he wants you. But so do I. But you're choosing him. You want him instead of me even though I have been with you through everything...
36.5K 1.6K 18
"this shouldn't happen to us." "i know, but it has to." GRACIE ABRAMS x FEM OC sequel to invisible string
5.8K 130 12
Chresanto feels unwanted.