There Is No Light 🌇 Without...

Autorstwa MaryMorningstar81

In this fourth and last book of the MAGIC OF LOVE series we meet the youngest son of Jace Haronnate Nicolae a... Więcej

Fifteen Years Later ...
Cause And Effect
A Visit To Budapest
Alice In Wolfland
The Way She Makes Her Bed, She Has To Sleep In It
Every Action Has A Reaction, And Every Choice Has Consequences
Italians Do It Better
Unexpected Betrayal
Book Of The Damned
It's Showtime!
A Promising Fender Bender
Moonborn's Secret
Together Again
Witch's Heart
Delusions Of Grandeur
Dead Man Walking
The Strongest People Are The Ones Who Get Hurt The Most
Greed Is The Worst Sin
Vintage Night
If The Child Survives, There Is Hope
Valentine's Eve In The Dark
Valentine's Day In The Light
Valentine's Day In The Dark
The Prophecy

Valentine's Eve In The Light

200 20 9
Autorstwa MaryMorningstar81

~ TWO DAYS LATER ~ FRIDAY FEBRUARY 13 ~

~ MORNING ~ LUNA'S APARTMENT ~

Although the day isn't so auspicious, Nicolae doesn't believe in superstitions and is very excited when he rings Luna's bell. But he's not the only one who feels that way. She's just as excited and you can tell by how quickly she opens the door.

Luna: Thank God, you're here! Come in.

Nicolae enters the apartment and closes the door behind him.

Nicolae: What's wrong, baby?

Luna: Give me a hand with this stupid thing. I tried to do it myself and I think I broke a vertebra.

She turns her back to him and lifts her hair. He gulps at the sight of the wide-open zipper of her tight dress, revealing her perfect back and her waist. With hands that are unacceptably shaky for a surgeon, but also for an angel, and fighting the urge to unbutton her bra, Nicolae slowly pulls up the zipper and checks her spine with his fingers.

A shiver Luna has never felt before runs down her spine at the touch of his fingers, while a strange heat turns her cheeks a deep red. This man's influence on her is something unprecedented, but also terribly welcome. She turns and looks at him, letting her hair fall over her shoulders. His golden green eyes sparkle just as hers do.

Luna: Thanks.

Nicolae: You don't have to thank me. That's why I'm here.

Luna: For doing my zippers?

Nicolae: For everything you need. By the way, all your vertebrae are intact.

Luna: If you say so, Doctor.

He smiles and brushes a strand of hair behind her ear.

Nicolae: Come on, get ready. We've got to get going. We have at least two more hours of driving to get to the hotel.

Luna: I need five more minutes. Make us a coffee if you can.

Nicolae: I've in the car for both of us.

Luna: Don't tell me you have the croissants I like too?

Nicolae: Have I ever left you without them?

Luna: Oh, Nic! You really are an angel.

She runs to her bedroom to put the finishing touches on her look, making Nicolae grimace at her last words. A few minutes later, the two are in the car. Nicolae drives and Luna looks out the window, nibbling on warm croissants and humming Christina Perri's song lyrics.

Luna: * I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more ... *

Nicolae pays little attention to the road in front of him. He doesn't need to. His angelic nature includes something like an autopilot for driving all kinds of motor vehicles. So, instead of looking ahead, he keeps his eyes on Luna.

He admires her delicate profile as she looks out the window. Her soft hair sways in the air coming from the radiator, filling the atmosphere of the car with her sweet scent. Her fleshy pink lips move as she hums. Her already large and firm breasts swell even more with the seatbelt that lies between them.

He's sure they fit right in the palm of his hand. He takes one hand off the steering wheel and looks briefly at his palm, which alternates with Luna's breasts. He's so lost in his thoughts that he doesn't even hear Luna's question, so she has to slap him on the arm.

Luna: Hey, you! Where are your thoughts traveling? Tell me what you're thinking now.

Nicolae: That your breasts fit in the palm of my hand.

Luna: WHAT?

When Nicolae realizes what he just said, he stops the car and looks apologetically at Luna, who is also looking at him with a strange expression on her face.

Nicolae: Luna ... Fuck! I didn't mean to ... I can explain. I ... I just wanted to ... Shit!

He covers his face with his hands in shame, cursing himself inwardly for his stupidity, but his wailing is interrupted when Luna bursts into uncontrollable laughter. Dumbfounded, he drops his hands and watches her wipe the tears from her eyes that laughter has brought her.

Nicolae: Are you laughing?

Luna: What else can I do? You're so adorably sexy. So cute and kinky.

Nicolae: Adorable and cute? Are you telling me you liked what I said? You weren't offended or anything?

Luna: Why would I be offended, Nic? Because a man like you likes me? No, baby. I'm not crazy, nor a prissy spinster. I realized that you like me and ... That's a blessing for me, because ... I like you too. Very much so!

Nicolae: Are you serious?

Luna: I wouldn't be here with you if I wasn't, but before we say more, I want to make something clear first.

Nicolae: What is it?

Luna: I want you to know that I'm not with you because you're the Harronate, the famous surgeon and the rich heir. I'm here because of Nic, the sweet and kind man with the clear eyes and the big heart who makes sure I eat healthy. Not that your money and all the privileges your name brings annoy me, but I want you to know that I'll be with you even if you wake up tomorrow and are the poorest man in the world.

Her words drive away the shame and embarrassment in the car and he reaches up and caresses her cheek.

Nicolae: Do you really think I'd be here if I didn't already know that? I'm not looking for another mistress, Luna. I've had plenty of them. What I want is a partner. What we call my other half.

Luna: You want the Mary to your Jace, huh?

Nicolae chuckles.

Nicolae: Do you know about it too?

Luna: Damon told me about it. He said it's kind of a motto for all the couples in your family, because your parents' love is epic.

Nicolae: Yes.

Luna: So what? Do you think I'm the Mary to your Jace?

Nicolae: From the first moment I saw you.

Luna: Passing out on the street? Are you serious?

Nicolae: Honestly. Even in that state, you were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

Luna: If you saw me like that, imagine what I felt when I opened my eyes and saw you.

Nicolae: What did you feel?

Luna: That I saw a real angel. Something I've been begging God for all my life.

The moment is perfect to reveal the whole truth to Luna, but Nicolae isn't ready, so he changes the subject.

Nicolae: You said you don't mind that I've money.

Luna: Yes. I'd be indulgently stupid if I said otherwise.

Nicolae: Then you don't mind that the hotel we're going to is kind of mine, do you?

Luna: Yours? How exactly?

Nicolae: It's owned by the Harronate Corporation, along with a few other five-star hotels.

Luna: Hmmm ... That means they know you'll be spending the weekend there, right?

Nicolae: Yes. Stefan has informed the manager and he has already reserved the Presidential Suite for us.

She purses her lips for a moment, but soon her eyes light up with a vengeance.

Luna: That's great! This is going to piss off my damn relatives big time. They always thought I was incapable of finding a real man, and now I'm going to prove to them that I've found the best of all men!

Nicolae: That's a bit of an exaggeration, but thank you anyway.

Luna: It's just the truth, Nic. Nothing more.

Even though he wants to kiss her so much, he decides not to. Not now. Not this way. He wants their first kiss to be something memorable, not just a kiss in a car in the middle of nowhere. So instead, he presses a gentle kiss to her hand and gets back on the road to their destination.

About an hour and a half later, Nicolae's car passes the gilded gate of the hotel "GARDEN OF EDEN" and of course immediately sets off the alarm. After all, it's no small thing to be visited by one of the big bosses.

The manager knows perfectly well that he'll lose his job if the boss isn't satisfied with the accommodation, so he has mobilized the entire staff, no one has taken this weekend off, and he has given clear instructions. The requests of Mr. Harronate and his escort are orders and must be carried out within seconds.

When the gate guard announces the arrival of Nicolae, the manager runs out and yells at the parking attendant, the doorman and the two bellboys waiting to carry the luggage. At the same time, Steve's, Anna's, and Luna's parents, who have already arrived at the hotel an hour ago, are sitting together with Steve and Anna at one of the tables on the small terrace with the glass windows all around and the huge gas stoves inside, enjoying hot drinks and various suitable snacks.

When Steve, a charming man with dark eyes and hair, sees all the commotion, he calls for the waiter and asks him what all this is about. He doesn't particularly like the answer he gets.

Waiter: One of the hotel owners will be staying with us for the weekend, sir.

Steve: I thought the hotel was owned by a corporation.

Waiter: Yes, sir. The Harronate Corporation.

An appreciative whistle sounds from the mouth of Steve's father Jacob, who seems well versed in the business world.

Jacob: Which one of them is that?

Waiter: The younger one, sir. Mr. Nicolae Harronate.

Jacob: The surgeon?

Waiter: Yes, sir.

Jacob thanks the waiter and as he leaves ...

Jacob: I've heard of him before. A doctor friend of mine told me about him. He's a brilliant doctor and although he's incredibly young, he's already earned a stellar reputation. His mortality rate on the operating table is 0%. He has never lost a patient. He's also famous for his free surgeries on poor people and especially children.

Anna: I've heard that he's incredibly handsome.

Elizabeth, Anna's mother and sister of Victoria, Luna's mother, stares at her daughter.

Elizabeth: Get a hold of yourself, young lady. You're getting married tomorrow.

Anna: I'm getting married, mom. I'm not going to go blind.

Edward, Anna's father, who isn't at all pleased with his daughter's choice of groom, makes a remark through his teeth that the recipient hears very well.

Edward: You're already blind looking at who you have chosen to marry.

Anna looks at her father with a sad look, while Steve, who is always in his own world, makes his own comment.

Steve: I don't give a damn about his professional success or his beauty. What I care about is that this brat will get all the attention of the staff and we, who pay so much money, will fade into the background.

After this statement, Edward can't hold back anymore.

Edward: First of all, you don't pay anything. That's what your father does. And secondly, the hotel has five stars. We have nothing to worry about. We'll get exactly what Jacob and I paid for. Don't spoil your comfort.

But Steve pays no attention at all, irritating his future father-in-law even more, who doesn't continue the argument for the sake of his friend Jacob, who looks at him with shame for his son. As the expensive car appears in the background, Anna, a normal girl with brown hair and eyes, gets up from her chair and approaches the window.

Steve: What are you doing, Anna?

Anna: I want to see who is accompanying him. Do you think it's a top model or a famous actress? These men only date women like that.

Steve: Now come on! Don't act like a silly little girl. Sit down.

Anna: Sour grapes ...

Steve: What did you say?

Anna: Nothing, Steve. Nothing.

At that moment, the shiny silver Aston Martin stops in front of the main entrance, just a few meters from the terrace. The valet opens the driver's door and Nicolae, looking stunning in his brown Roberto Cavalli cashmere turtleneck sweater, blue Armani jeans and brown leather Prada boots, steps out of the car, lighting up the room around him.

Anna lets out an exclamation of admiration.

Anna: Wow! Look at him! He's gorgeous!

But that reaction is nothing compared to what she does when the doorman in the red uniform and gold ribbons on his shoulders opens the passenger door and helps Luna out of the car. She's heavenly ethereal in a tight brown cashmere mini dress by Dolce & Gabbana and black leather knee-high boots by Prada, both gifts from Nicolae.

Anna cries out at the sight of her and collapses into the nearest chair when she sees Nicolae approach her, hug her tenderly and kiss her on the neck before they greet the manager and follow him into the lobby. Steve and Elizabeth run to Anna.

Steve: What happened, Anna?

Elizabeth: What kind of reaction was that?

Anna: That's how you'd react if you saw who got out of the car.

Steve: What are you talking about? Who got out of the fucking car?

Anna: Luna, Steve. LUNA!

As expected, no one believes Anna and everyone tells her that she just made a mistake, because Luna, the good and timid girl that everyone knows is impossible to seduce such a rich, beautiful, powerful and above all experienced man.

Anna: If you don't believe me, see it with your own eyes. They should still be at the reception.

To do her a favor, Jack and Victoria, Luna's parents, take Steve and go to the lobby, only to realize with horror that Anna wasn't mistaken. Luna, very different from the last time, beautiful and with the confidence of a successful woman oozing from every pore of her seductive body in her expensive designer dress, stands proudly next to the handsome man who holds her tenderly by the waist and talks to the manager.

Steve looks at Jack and Victoria, both of whom can't believe what they're seeing. Without thinking about it, because thinking needs a mind, Steve makes his way to Luna, but a massive bodyguard with a gun hanging from his belt appears out of nowhere and blocks his way.

Bodyguard: Excuse me, sir, but you can't approach without permission.

Steve: I know them. They're invited to my wedding. I'm the groom. Go ask them.

Bodyguard: Give me a minute.

The bodyguard approaches Nicolae and whispers something in his ear. He looks at Steve and says something to Luna, who also looks in the same direction. She nods in agreement, Nicolae does the same, and the bodyguard in turn makes a sign to Steve to come closer, without moving even an inch away from his boss.

Steve moves closer, his gaze fixed on Luna. She feels a chill run down her spine, but very different from when Nicolae touches her. That chill scares her, makes her stomach growl and bile rise in her throat. Instinctively, she clings to Nicolae, allowing his bright aura to envelop her and dispel her fear.

Nicolae, having learned this from Damon, in turn marks his territory by wrapping his arm even tighter around Luna's waist and placing his palm high on her hip. Since ancient times, this movement by the male clearly shows his opponent that the female belongs to him and the other should stay away. Will Steve get the message or will there be a bad ending? We'll see!

Steve looks away from Luna for a moment and turns to Nicolae. The two men face off for a while and Nicolae emerges victorious, forcing Steve to look down.

Luna smiles in satisfaction before starting the conversation.

Luna: Hey, Steve.

Steve: Hey, Luna.

Luna: I'm not asking how you are because I know you're fine.

Steve: How do you know that? We have years to talk.

Luna: You're getting married, Steve. How can you not be fine? By the way, happy wedding day and thank you for inviting me.

Steve: I thank you for coming.

Luna: I wouldn't miss it for the world. Anyway. Let me introduce you to my boyfriend. This is Nicolae Harronate.

She turns to Nicolae.

Luna: Baby, this is the groom, Steve Adams.

Nicolae offers his hand and Steve shakes it tentatively.

Nicolae: Nice to meet you, Steve, and I wish you a prosperous life.

Steve: Thanks.

This time Nicolae is the one who trembles as he touches Steve's hand. His angelic instincts are screaming at him to watch out for this man. Of course, Nicolae intends to do just that. The party grows as Luna's parents approach.

The bodyguard wants to interfere, but Nicolae's nod stops him. Nicolae tries to take his hand off Luna's hip because her father - whatever he is, he's still her father - but Luna puts her hand on his and keeps it right where it is, high on her hip. She does this for two reasons. First, because she doesn't care about her father, since he doesn't care about her, and second, and more importantly, Nicolae's touch gives her strength and boosts her confidence.

Jack Caffrey opens his mouth to speak, but he doesn't get to. A blond, short, and thin cute tornado runs, falls on Nicolae and hugs his leg tightly.

Little boy: Dr. H! Dr. H!

Nicolae is startled at first, but quickly recognizes the little intruder. He bends down and lifts the little boy into his arms.

Nicolae: Juanito, amigo mio! Cómo estás? Te duele la barriga?

The child lifts up his shirt, revealing a scar along his stomach.

Juanito: No, Doctor. Ni dolor.

Nicolae: Muy bien, amigo mio.

Juanito: Mi mama está aqui. MAMAAAAAAAA!

The child calls out and a dark-haired woman in a maid's uniform appears from behind a large column. Shyly, with her head bowed, she approaches. Nicolae sets Juanito down and he runs to her.

Juanito: Mama, el buen doctor!

Sofia: Didn't I tell you not to disturb the good doctor, Juanito?

Nicolae: It's okay, Sofia. I'm glad he's all right.

Sofia comes even closer and before Nicolae can react, she grabs his hands and starts kissing them.

Sofia: I have you to thank for that. You saved him without money. Everyone else kicked me out, but not you. You even gave me a job and made sure Juanito could go to school. Only you helped us and I owe my child's life to you. Thanks! Thank you, Doctor.

Completely embarrassed, which Damon would pay much money to see, Nicolae tries to stop Sofia.

Nicolae: Please, Sofia. I've done nothing but my job. Stop it, because you're embarrassing me.

Sofia: At least let me do something for you. Let me take care of you and your girl while you're here.

Nicolae: I can accept that.

Nicolae turns to the manager.

Nicolae: As long as we stay here, only Sofia has access to our suite. No one else.

Manager: As you wish, Mr. Harronate. I'll change shifts immediately.

After another bow, Sofia takes Juanito's hand, who greets them with a laugh, and leaves. Before disappearing into the other room, she turns around once more and says something to everyone present, but especially to Steve and Luna's parents. Perhaps she sensed their jealousy and malice.

Sofia: This man has a divine gift. We're all lucky to have met him at all.

She goes and makes everyone look around awkwardly. Even Nicolae himself, who doesn't like any of this at all. Did I say everyone? Wrong! Someone has grown at least six feet tall with pride and that someone is none other than Luna, who looks at Nicolae not only with pride but also with admiration.

Luna: The boy was your patient, I suppose.

Nicolae: Yes. Two years ago, I operated on him.

Luna: You saved him, you didn't just operate on him and pro bono.

Nicolae: Can we forget about it?

Luna: No, baby. People like you're a gift from God and everyone needs to know that you exist.

Nicolae: Please, Moonshine. Do me a favor.

Luna: For now.

The two turn back to the others. Steve is now looking at Nicolae with a mixture of jealousy and hatred, while Jack and Victoria have a strange glint in their eyes.

Jack: So, you're a doctor.

Nicolae: Yes, sir. I'm a surgeon. Nicolae Harronate.

Nicolae shakes Jack's hand.

Jack: I'm Jack Caffrey, Luna's father, and this is her mother, Victoria.

Nicolae: I'm pleased to meet you.

Jack: And what hospital do you work at?

Luna: Nic doesn't work in a hospital. He has his own clinic. The "Clinic of Angels" in the center of the city.

Victoria: Oh!

Jack: You mean his father.

Nicolae: No, sir, I own the clinic. My father is retired now. The Harronate Corporation is run by my older brother and his son. One of my three sisters is a professor, the other is a high-ranking police officer in SVU, and the third is a veterinarian and researcher.

Victoria: And what about your mother, honey?

Luna: His mother is the famous painter, Mary Morningstar.

The eyes of Luna's parents sparkle even more and Steve, who is quite annoyed by the course of the conversation, takes the final blow from Nicolae.

Nicolae: And what about you, Steve? What do you do for a living?

Steve opens his mouth to answer, but the words don't come out for the simple reason that he has nothing to say. After being fired in recent years by the company where he worked as a truck driver, he's unemployed and supported mainly by Anna and her parents. So, he makes up a cheap excuse that he needs to find Anna and disappears. Jack and Victoria invite Luna and Nicolae for an aperitif, but she declines with the promise to have lunch with them.

A few minutes later, on the top floor of the hotel, the couple enters the presidential suite. Sofia fixed up the room in record time and did a great job. She placed heart-shaped chocolates on the king-size bed, which Luna immediately devoured, filled all the vases with flowers and shaped all the fluffy white towels into swans.

Luna jumps like crazy with joy after her first victory in the war against all those who made her life hell. She almost has an orgasm when she remembers the look on Steve's face, but also the eyes of her parents, who smelled the money and drastically changed their behavior. Besides, she can't wait to meet Anna after everything she'll most likely already know.

She's happy, but she doesn't let her thoughts run wild. She didn't do anything on her own. She had help. Actually, she had and still has the best help. She has Nicolae, the handsome and compassionate man, the brilliant doctor, the great friend. Friend? No. Not anymore. Not enough for her anymore. She wants everything.

She looks around the huge living room of the suite, searching for him. She spots him sitting on the couch, looking at her as he drinks a glass of whiskey. She pulls her hair into a loose bun and takes a deep breath before walking over to him and sitting down next to him on the couch. He smiles at her and she smiles back. Then she takes off her boots and starts rubbing her ankles. He sets his glass down on the coffee table and pats his thighs.

Nicolae: Put your feet here.

She does as she's told and he begins to massage her toes, then the soles of her feet and finally her ankles with his experienced surgeon fingers. She enjoys the massage, but the hindrance of her stockings doesn't let her enjoy it fully. So, she pulls her dress up over her thighs until the elastic bands holding the stockings are exposed. He watches her and bites his lip.

Luna: When you do something, do it right.

With a touch as gentle as a cloud, he pulls the stockings off her endless legs and extends the massage to her calves and the backs of her knees. The more he touches her, the more his lust and passion for her grows. His hard erection suffocates in the confines of his pants as his wings struggle to emerge from the slits in his back.

He fights hard to hold back. Taking a deep breath and summoning all his angelic discipline, he grabs her knees and closes her legs as she leans back and shows him her clear intentions. When she realizes he's rejecting her, she curls up on the other side of the couch like a wounded animal and looks at him with a broken heart.

Luna: Why, Nic? Don't you want me? I thought ...

Nicolae: No, baby. It's not that. I just wanted to ...

Luna: You know what? It doesn't matter! I was wrong. Forget it. It won't happen again.

She gets up and goes to the bathroom.

Nicolae: Luna, wait!

Luna: Leave me alone!

She starts to run, but of course he catches up with her, grabs her by the arms and pushes her against the wall with his body. The tears streaming from her eyes tear at his heart, and all he wants at that moment is to kiss her and show her everything he feels.

But he can't. Not now. Not until he lets her in on the secret. And especially not in this way. He wants something original and memorable for their first kiss, and also something great for their first time, not a horny fuck on the couch. That will come later.

Nicolae: I told you to wait.

Luna: And I told you to leave me alone. Let me go. You don't want me. It's OK. I can accept that, but don't humiliate me further.

When Nicolae sees that things have taken such a bad turn, he realizes that words aren't enough to convince her. So, he takes action. He grabs one of her hands and puts it between his legs. His still-hard erection presses into her palm and vibrates in his pants. She stops struggling and looks deep into his eyes.

Nicolae: Do you feel that? Do you feel what you're doing to me with a single touch? Do you still insist that I don't want you? Do you think it was easy for me to stop before? If so, you're dead wrong. This was the hardest thing I've ever done because you, Luna Caffrey, are the only thing I've ever wanted so much in my life.

Luna: Why then? Why did you stop?

Nicolae: Because you're something more for me. You're not like all the others. I don't want to just fuck you on a couch. I want to make love to you. I want to make you mine, but not before you know everything about me.

Luna: Then tell me.

Nicolae: Not today. Not until tomorrow. Tomorrow everything will end and everything will begin.

Luna: Tomorrow.

Nicolae: Yes, baby. Tomorrow. Besides, we don't have time. We have to be at the restaurant in ten minutes, and if I put you to bed, we'll be there for at least twelve hours.

Luna: Oh! Ok ...

They stay like that for a while, looking at each other.

Nicolae: You can take your hand now.

Luna: What? Yes! Sure!

She pulls her hand away and Nicolae walks away laughing.

Nicolae: Get dressed. I'll be back in five minutes.

Luna: Where are you going?

Nicolae: I'm going to take a cold shower. How am I supposed to get down like this?

He points to his crotch and then almost runs to the bathroom while Luna gets ready for lunch with a big grin on her face. During lunch, things went even better than Luna had imagined. Her whole family was in love with Nicolae and suddenly they didn't think Luna was a lost cause anymore, but admired and praised her and shamelessly said how much they loved her.

Her parents were so bold and even asked her to meet Nicolae's family. Luna accepted the offer, but only to avoid them. She had no intention of ever letting that happen. She didn't believe a word of what was said at the table. But she was unimaginably happy that everyone was concerned with her and Nicolae and not Steve and Anna. This is her revenge, and she owes it to Nicolae, who didn't let her out of his arms during the whole meal. He even fed her with his fingers, which caused Steve's anger and Anna's jealousy.

In the late afternoon, just before dinner, the young family members, Luna's cousins, invited her and of course Nicolae to have a cocktail by the pool and why not a little swim in the heated water. Of course, they agreed, but since they hadn't brought a swimsuit, Nicolae asked the manager to provide it, and he brought him from the hotel boutique a pair of short black Bermuda shorts with a pair of angel wings on the back for him and a sexy gold bikini for Luna.

That's why they were a little late and when they showed up at the pool, everyone was already there, including Steve and Anna. In the beginning, everything was going well. They were drinking the impressive cocktails that the bartender had prepared, the guys were talking to Nicolae about his work, while the girls were talking to Luna about Nicolae.

The only ones left out of all this are Steve and Anna. They sit withdrawn in a corner, talking in hushed voices. At one point, Nicolae is swimming with Luna and laughing when his cell phone starts ringing with an ambulance-like sound.

Nicolae: Baby, I'm sorry, but I have to answer it. It's my intern. Something happened at the clinic.

Luna: Sure. Go ahead.

Nicolae: I'll be right back.

He gets out of the water, runs to answer the call, and leaves the pool to speak better, wiping his body with a towel. Luna also gets out of the water, wraps herself in a towel and approaches the glass wall to admire the winter landscape, while inside the room the temperature is summer.

It's the first time that the couple is separated and for Steve and Anna it's the right opportunity to put their plan into action. So, Anna discreetly leaves the pool and follows Nicolae, while Steve gets a fresh cocktail and approaches Luna. She looks at him blankly when he offers her the glass.

Luna: No thanks. I've had too much. I also drank wine with lunch before. This is too much for me.

Steve: So what? Are you afraid that if you get drunk you won't be able to pretend anymore and you'll reveal your true feelings?

Luna: Excuse me? What the hell are you talking about, Steve?

Steve: Come on, bunny. I see the way you look at me.

Luna: First of all, don't call me bunny. Save that ridiculous nickname for your wife. And second, how exactly am I looking at you?

Steve: Only you're my bunny. No one else. Ever. And I know that because you look at me the way you used to when you were with me and not with that rich nerd.

Luna squints her eyes and speaks through her teeth in a threatening voice.

Luna: Be careful how you talk about Nic.

Steve, ignoring Luna's angry words, invades her personal space and shamelessly tries to hug her waist.

Steve: You drive me crazy when you get angry, bunny.

At the mere thought of being touched by hands other than Nicolae's and even Steve's, her blood rushes to her head and adrenaline intensifies her strength. She pushes him off her rudely, causing him to stumble and fall onto the tiles of the pool. She falls over him and screams in his face.

Luna: If you dare touch me with your dirty hands again, I'll rip them off your shoulders, you scumbag! AND DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME BUNNY AGAIN!

Steve, not caring that the relatives are looking at them, tries again to reach her and grabs her leg.

Steve: Why, you bitch? Do my hands look poor to you? Do you only fuck rich people now?

She kicks hard and as she breaks free from his grip, her foot lands in his face, causing his nose to start bleeding.

Luna: You'll pay for this, you fucking bastard. I'll curse you the moment you were born.

Out of control, Luna leaves the pool and goes to the cafeteria where the parents are having coffee. She plans to expose Steve to everyone so the wedding can be called off and he can be kicked out. But what she sees in the hallway outside the pool room changes her plans. What does she see there?

Anna, who has unbuttoned her dress, is rubbing up against Nicolae, who tries to politely push her away without using force. But Luna isn't in such a calm state and using force is the only way for her now. So, she runs, grabs Anna by the hair and slams her against the wall.

Luna: Get your hands off him, you whore!

Anna's nose is already bleeding from the close contact with the wall, but that's not enough for Luna. All the bad years of psychological abuse she went through with them come to the surface and she wants to vent about everything. She wants to attack again, but Nicolae grabs her by the waist. She tries to escape from him and kicks the air.

Nicolae: Stop it, baby!

Luna: No! Let me kill the bitch! All my life she stole everything from me, and now she dares to lay a hand on you. Enough is enough! I don't give a damn about anything else, but for you I'm capable of killing. I'll smash her empty head!

Nicolae: Calm down, baby. She's not worth it.

Luna: Would you say the same if I told you that asshole Steve threw himself at me like I was a cheap whore?

Nicolae: He did WHAT? I'm trampling the bastard with my feet!

Luna: You don't have to. I finished him off. He lies bleeding on the tiles of the pool tiles.

Nicolae: And she lies bleeding in the corridor.

Despite the anger that is in them, they look at each other for a moment and suddenly burst out laughing. They laugh for a long time until, out of breath, they lean back against the wall and wipe the tears from their eyes. Anna, whose nose is still bleeding, looks at them stunned.

Anna: You guys are crazy. Both of you.

Luna: I wouldn't talk if I were you, bitch. I haven't forgotten yet. Don't provoke me.

Nicolae: Listen to her and do what she tells you, because otherwise ...

Anna: Otherwise what?

Nicolae: I order the manager to cancel your wedding,

Anna: No! No! Please don't do it!

Luna: Don't worry, bitch. I'm not going to let him do it. This wedding is going to happen. You and that other bastard need to be punished and there is no better punishment than living together for the rest of your lives, because divorce isn't allowed in our family. Now get out of my sight and shut up about what happened here.

Nicolae: And tell your future husband to do the same, because otherwise he'll find me in his way.

Anna leaves with her head down and Luna leans against Nicolae who hugs her.

Nicolae: You know what, crazy baby?

Luna: What?

Nicolae: If I had a little doubt about whether you could accept my family code, it's cleared up now. You were born to do this.

Luna: What makes you think that?

Nicolae: How hot-headed and ready to defend your mate to the death are you. All the females in the pack are just like that.

Luna: The pack?

Nicolae: Yeah, baby. That's exactly what we are. A pack of superior beings and you'll meet our leader tomorrow morning. Actually, you've already met him, but not as he really is.

Luna: Let me guess. You're talking about Sebastian, right?

Nicolae: You got it, right?

Luna: That wasn't hard.

After all that, Luna refused to attend the family dinner with a cheap excuse. She didn't care anyway. She and Nicolae went to their suite, ordered room service, and had a romantic candlelit dinner. They drank two bottles of wine, which didn't affect Nicolae at all, but made Luna pleasantly dizzy and helped her fall asleep after that hard day. But that wasn't the only thing that helped her. Let's see what else.

After draining the last drop of wine from her glass, she gets up and stumbles into bed. Nicolae runs behind her to prevent her from falling. In bed, she struggles to remove her clothes, but she can't. She sits down on the edge of the bed and looks at Nicolae with puppy eyes.

Luna: I can't take off my clothes. Can you help me?

Nicolae: What am I going to do with you?

When her clothes leave her body and she's only in her underwear, she lies down and Nicolae covers her with the fluffy down comforter. He presses a kiss to her forehead.

Nicolae: Good night, you drunkard.

He gets up to go to the other room, but she holds him by the arm.

Luna: Don't go away. Stay with me.

Nicolae: Luna ...

Luna: Just sleep. Nothing more. Please!

He takes off his shoes and pants and lies down next to her under the covers. She curls up in his arms and promptly falls asleep against his chest, lulled by his breath. He hugs her to him and closes his eyes, even though he won't sleep.

He sits motionless, enjoying the rhythmic and melodious sound of her alcohol-induced snoring. Until tomorrow. Tomorrow, Valentine's Day. The day that will change everything.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

133K 3.7K 46
-Book 1- A Niklaus and Elijah Mikaelson love interest book. --------------------------------------------------------- Phoebe Salvatore had learned to...
45.4K 1.7K 31
CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT 18+ Recommended Sequel to All But Forgotten Mate. This story follows Izza and Devon's twin sons Xander and Xavier. This book...
131K 8.6K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...
4.9M 31.1K 9
"I know you're a virgin but have you never been touched?" He asked, sliding his other hand down onto her leg. "What makes you say that?" Kat breathe...