Perfect Marriage ✔

By lemonmintdrink

Two idiots find love in arranged marriage. That's it. That's the story. Adaption of my story- Unexpected love... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Conclusion

Chapter 6

851 57 10
By lemonmintdrink

Arnav's POV

We stayed there as we watched the sunset, munching on some onion samosas. It was a sunset to remember...!

We stopped at quirky roadside attractions and ate everything and anything available near the area. Usually, I am very cautious about eating out mainly because of the spice levels and hygienic reasons. But with Khushi next to me and the fact that she almost burnt my throat during lunch, I was surprisingly willing to take this chance. And it was one good decision for my taste buds.

My toilet seat may not agree with me but that's to worry for later.

(Next day)

Khushi's POV

I woke up around 4 am. We were supposed to catch a bus at 6 am and head to Ramoji film city.

A/N:

Ramoji Film City is home to the world of make-believe, glamorous filmy sets, fun rides, games, daily live shows, high-action stunts, thematic food courts, shopping boutiques and signature hospitality in its hotels dotting the dreamscape. Recognized as World's largest film city by the Guinness World Records, around 200 film units come here every year to realize their celluloid dreams. Over 2500 films in almost all Indian languages have already been shot here.

Source: https://www.ramojifilmcity.com/about-us

(Back to the story!)

Khushi's POV

But Arnav overslept and his phone was switched off. This is the second time that he's late..!!

The fact that I hate people who can't maintain and waste time and the reality that I am marrying a guy who has been late. Not once. But twice. This irony is bugging me. Maybe I am rushing this to it.

I literally had to wake up the hostel staff and request him to wake him up. I could have directly gone but it's a men's hostel and women were not allowed in. I call bull, honestly.

Arnav's POV

I groggily woke to the sound of someone banging on my door and found the hostel cleaner guy at my door -

"Bhaiya(brother), your girlfriend is waiting for you. I have knocking for the past 15 minutes"

Huh? My girlfriend?

And then, it hit me. I was supposed to meet Khushi at 5 am downstairs and we were supposed to head over to Ramoji Film City. Oh shit, don't tell me that I am late? Again?

"What's the time?" - I ask, panicking while I looked for my mobile and it's out of juice. Shit!

I quickly put my phone to charge and hear the boy say, "9, and your girlfriend looks quite mad"

NO KIDDING.

I quickly ran downstairs and found Khushi sitting near the men's hostel. I watched other guys stare at her as they walked past her. Khushi was busy on a call, looking pissed and annoyed, dressed in a black floral shirt and blue jeans.

As soon as I caught her eyes, she quickly ended her call and turned her whole attention to me, which made me rub my hair sheepishly.

"Hi" - I greeted her and watched her get up from the stairs and dust off any dirt from her pant.

I watched her take a deep breath and pinch her nose, no doubt trying to calm her anger.

"You have 40 minutes to get ready." - she declared, checking her watch.

I watched her view shift to a guy brushing his teeth, staring at her rather inappropriately. I watched her roll her eyes and call him out - "Hi, handsome." waving her hand.

That guy's eyes widened when he realized that she was speaking to him and he quickly ran away in embarrassment.

"Ass." - I heard her curse under her breath, which made me slightly smirk.

"Are you going to just stand here and gawk?"- She asked me, raising one eyebrow.

"No" - I immediately refuted but my heart was surprisingly not in agreement with my brain today.Listen to me, my dumb heart.

"You have 38 minutes." - She reminded me of the time.

I mockingly bowed and ran back to my room - "Yes, your majesty. Your peasant will be ready soon."

(38 minutes later)

Khushi's POV

Arnav still has not come up from his hostel. I have already gone through two glasses of mango milkshake and I am still hungry. I woke up around 4 am and haven't eaten any food. My stomach was growling with hunger and I am supposed to wait for him to take breakfast together. Dad's orders!! Apparently, it's rude to eat a meal alone especially since I was supposed to take care of my guest. Urgh, this rule sucks. And, also how old is he anyways, that he can't enjoy food in solidarity? 

(10 minutes later)

God, how long could it possibly take for one person to shower?!

I watched him rush to my Arnave, dressed in a black t-shirt and blue jeans. Dear lord, people are going to think that we are siblings now.

I had borrowed one of my friend's scooter to take Arnav around the place. I wore one of the helmets and handed him another helmet. It was a pink ladies helmet, seeing which he pouted. 

"I am not wearing that." - What's with men and the color pink? Why is he complaining? I'm literally wearing the girlier version of the pink helmet.

"Please wear the helmet." - I almost begged. I am starving over here and we are arguing regarding a bloody helmet.

"Forget the helmet." - He told me after sitting behind me on the scooter. He accidentally touched my thigh in the process and it just pissed me off.  I really need some food in me. 

"Why?" - I asked him annoyed.

" I have a tendency to forget useless shit."- He stated. That's such a stupid reply. My brain is unable to tolerate stupidity since my stomach is growling for food.

"Do you also have a tendency to forget the law? Just wear the goddamn helmet!!" - I almost yelled. I am hangry over here.

He looked cute in the pink ladies helmet and I glanced at them through the rear-view mirror.

"Ass." - I whispered. It was more to myself, slightly frustrated at his silly antics over a stupid helmet, especially when I am starving over here.

We headed for breakfast and later went for a long drive near the necklace road. I watched Arnav from the rearview mirror, clutching my shoulders rather tightly as though he is holding onto dear life.

We headed to Lumbini Park where we were supposed to head over to the Budda Statue (which is situated in the center of Hussain Sagar Lake) via a speed boat. The weather which had been quite gloomy till then, has cleared up and the sun was just glaring at us.

"Is it so hot in here? Or it's just me?" - I asked Arnav, drabbing some sweat off my neck.

"It's you." - He whispered staring at my neck.

"What?" - I asked since it was unclear what he just said.

"What?" - He repeated my question. Weirdo.

A/N:

Situated just 2km away from the heart of the city, Hussain Sagar is one of the most popular tourist places in Hyderabad. The lake connects two parts of the city (Secunderabad and Hyderabad) to each other. The largest artificial lake in Asia, Hussain Sagar Lake was excavated in 1562 AD during the reign of Ibrahim Quli Qutub Shah

At the middle of the lake, you will find a huge statue of standing Lord Buddha which has a height of 16 m and weighs almost 350 tonnes. Made up of white granite, the statue is on the 'Rock of Gibraltar'.

Source: https://hyderabad.telangana.gov.in/tourist-place/hussain-sagar-lake/

(Back to the story!)

Arnav's POV

We had just got off the speed boat. I jumped out of the boat first and offer my hand out so that Khushi would hold on to it for support. I watched Khushi hesitant for the tiniest second and then take my hand.

The boat ride was quite windy and I tucked some of Khushi's untamed stands behind her ear. I honestly don't know from where I gathered the courage to do but while doing so, I lost myself in her eyes. I could hear Khushi's heart beating rather loudly.

"Are you okay?" - I asked her in a surprisingly soft tone. Since when did I sound so husky?

She nods nervously and quickly walked forward, quite away from me. We walked around the Buddha statue and a local photographer found us again and Khushi had bargained for a photo for 30 rupees each. Poor guy doesn't know that my fiancee is a bargain queen.

He took two photos. One where Khushi and I stood next to each with the statue in the background.And another where Khushi stood on the tippiest of toes trying to match my height while I laughed at her attempt and slightly bent down to meet her height.

We fought over who should pay the photographer. Thankfully, this time I ended up winning. I asked the photographer for 2 copies of the photos.

Following lunch and around evening walk, we took a walk around the Tank Bund road and watched the sound & lights show near the lake.

(2 hours later)

I found myself at the railway station once again, this time bidding bye to Khushi since it was time for me to go home. Khushi was supposed to join me and return back but Khushi had to stay in Hyderabad due to last-minute office work.

As I watch the train leaving the Securabad station, I looked back thinking how fast this weekend just flew up. It felt like it was just Friday yesterday and it's already Monday tomorrow. Where did the time go?

In this ever so busy and buzzing world, this pause and coming to Hyderabad for a much-needed break, really and I mean really, helped me feel much lighter. And having Khushi next to me with the itinerary and everything planned & figured out was an added bonus. I just tagged her along and didn't have to worry about anything. It was refreshing for me since I am typically the one who plans and organizes family trips. And having someone do that for me, was good. Sure, it was difficult since I didn't have much control over the itinerary as I am used to. But, the change was nice...

(POV: Two weeks later, Arnav is at work.)

Arnav's grandfather's POV

We were at Arnav's house. Or like Akash and Shyam call it - his Batcave. The name is mainly due to Arnav's obsession with Batman back in his childhood days. I would like to say that it's mainly because of the dark wall colors.

I had gifted Arnav this house when he had graduated from medical school. I had actually intended this to be given as his wedding gift but ever since he started his training in hospital, he worked long and odd hours. And this house seems closer to the hospital. So, giving him the house at that time sounded like a good decision.

But, seeing the house right now - I can take my decision. I understand that he works long hours but can't he keep the house keep for the love of God? His mother is no less - one out of three bedrooms is now her storage. And hence, that's the reason we are here today. To clean and sort out her things and renovate as well as organize Arnav's things.

After a few hours of cleaning up the house, I walked up to the fridge to grab a bottle of cold water and something caught my eye.

It was a photograph of Arnav and Khushi standing near Charminar (from their Hyderabad trip.) The photograph showed Khushi standing on her toes trying to match Arnav's height and Arnav laughing at her whilst slightly bending down to match her height. I have never seen him look so carefree ever since he graduated medical school.

A/N

Thanks to everyone for reading.

Thanks to the below readers for voting. (Tried my best to type everyone's names. Apologies if I missed any)

Sangeethbala

Karthikareads

ArathiTs

srasri

AartiNaidu

Deepsheel

SiriChannagiri

Date published - 6 June 2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.7K 5.7K 44
hi dear all.here my first ever creation on floor again.everyones favorite.mine too. unique story of Two soul mates who meet each other in the name of...
10.4K 538 8
A second chance at love
52.8K 3.2K 22
A simple Arshi Story
141K 10.6K 53
Presenting Arnav and Khushi in a story that transcends all societal norms of love 💖 Can you meet someone for the first time and feel that you've kno...