UnOrdinary Short-ish Stories

By Astraea_Skye

UnOrdinary fanfiction with different prompts, some stories are connected, some chatfics, some crack-ish chapt... More

Preview
Isen is Simp
Blyke and Remi
Arlo's Character Development and Feelings
Elaine's Backstory
Elaine's Backstory 2
John and Sera
Chat (This is for Fun)
March Break Plans
1k+ Reads?!? (Not a chapter)
March Break Part 2
March Break Part 3
March Break Part 4
Um WoW
March Break Part 5
March Break Part 6
March Break Last Part
Fantasy AU (A&E)
cECiLe
Headcanons i guess..?
John Character Study
Parent Head Cannons
Halloween Special
Very Late Christmas Chapter
Fantasy AU (B&R)
Kidnapped
Voting
Spice Eating
J-pop/K-pop AU
Support System
biGbRaiN
Prom pt. 2
Community Service

Prom

167 4 0
By Astraea_Skye

Ehehehe prom time even tho I have like zero clue what goes on in prom other than like mean girls 💀

Also you know how i talked about motivation and posting this two days ago? yea so motivation gets thrown out after working on my finals so this is going to post late :D

Traditionally in high school younger grades cannot attend prom but, due to the hierarchy that is more or less of a group of ragtag supervisors, the Royals must attend.

This brought us to dilemma number 1:

Since the changing of the "traditional" hierarchy, lower-ranked students have all created a group to support and provide intel and opinions on matters that higher-ranked students might not understand. Kind of like advisors.

The advisor group of Wellston consisted of; Evie, Roland, Aurielle, Cecile, Meili, and Ventus. Despite Meili and Ventus being elite tiers they are well-informed about the school socially and have unbiased opinions which significantly help the Royals perform their duties. They're also very talented, not giving them a role within the school would be a waste of their capabilities. Cecile kind of blackmailed herself in but she was the most well-informed person in the school so makes sense for her to be an "advisor".

Back to the problem at hand,

Arlo, Seraphina, John, Blyke, Remi, Isen, Elaine, Cecile, Meili, Ventus, Evie, Roland, and Aurielle were currently in an empty classroom discussing the fast-approaching prom night.

Sigh, "basically you're saying that the rest of the student body wants to participate in prom from now on." Arlo massaged his temple, frowning at no one in particular.

"Yes, they're stating that because of this reform, they feel like they should have the privilege to be in prom." Ventus nodded, he glanced at Meili, they weren't too happy about this either.

"The problem is that prom has nothing to do with hierarchy, prom is solely for the graduating classes and for the Royals to supervise so that nothing bad happens!" Remi was flabbergasted, though she knew that she was ignorant to certain things for an extended period this had nothing to do with it! It didn't matter what rank you were, prom was for the fourth years to have a fun night before graduating.

The only reason the Royals were permitted to join was that they were to strongest and the most likely to be able to stop any problems internally rather than a teacher that could know nothing of the matter.

"This is a problem," Elaine rubbed her chin. She was well adept in the social world and denying the rest of the student body access to prom would cause an uproar. Not because the Royals were wrong but because they could spin it in a way that we aren't allowing them in because they were lower ranked.

'Just because the hierarchy changed doesn't mean people do...'

It's common sense that prom was created for the graduating class but because of the world being obsessed with rankings up until recently many associate the graduating class as the class with the most powerful of students. It's not exactly wrong, next year the graduating class would be all the current Royals and then some: Seraphina, John, Blyke, Remi, Isen, Elaine, and sadly Zeke is included too :(

This year Arlo, Cecile, Ventus, Meili, and Holden would be graduating which is a solid batch of students. So in a way, the graduating class could be considered the strongest.

This brought us back to the original problem, what to do about the request to let the other students come to prom as well.

"I'm against the idea, it's needless chaos and prom night is only supposed to be centred around the graduating class. We should come up with a comprise." Remi said the rest of the attending students nodded in agreement.

"Just writing an article won't satisfy them..." Isen thought out loud, Cecile nodded too. An article that would only feature the important parts of the night definitely wouldn't work. Even if they made it more detailed than the usual prom overview article who would read it? It'll hardly be a change.

Evie raised her hand, her face flushed in nervousness. Remi laughed lightly, "Evie, you don't have to raise your hand to speak. We've already told you that you can just speak your mind freely."

"R-right! Sorry, it's a habit." Evie laughed somewhat awkwardly before clearing her throat. All the eyes stared at her but she blurted out the first idea that came to mind.

"What if we record what happens? Li-like I've seen a lot of U-tubers vlog during their prom. We could just go live!"

The room went silent.

Evie's face went 'poof' and morphed red in embarrassment.

"I-I mean it's just a suggestion you don't have to us-"

"How many of you guys are willing to film?" Arlo cut off Evie's rant and she stared at him astonished. Were they really going with her idea?

"I don't mind doing it, but we're not 4th years either so this might cause a temporary pandemonium with people volunteering to record." Aurielle pointed out, they can't have the fourth years do it since it was their night so all that was left were the three other years that originally weren't allowed to attend in the first place.

"I don't mind doing it either I just don't think I'm good at recording people haha..." Roland laughed awkwardly. Evie still never let him take her pictures since that one time when he got her at a really bad angle and said it looked fine.

Evie nodded her head furiously, her pigtails bobbing up and down. "I'll do it! Forget about Roland."

Said boy secretly sighed in relief, despite himself volunteering, being in a crowded space with all those fourth years scared him.

'She'll probably get scared the day of and regret volunteering herself since all she's thinking about right now is what they'll be wearing......' 

Roland thought, amused.

"I don't think the live idea is a bad one I just don't want to deal with the aftermath of finding people to dutifully record the whole night," Elaine expressed her worries, thinking of who else could record the night and do it properly. Most of the students would jump at the chance of getting to record the fourth years making teenager mistakes and would probably only find one person to focus the camera on to see what idiotic thing they'll do.

She's almost 100% certain that someone will spike the punch, she glanced at Isen with narrowed eyes. Isen flinched and turned his head to look at the door.

'Yup, he's going to spike the punch and I'll have to heal all the idiots who decide to put themselves in danger under the influence of alcohol...sigh'

This happened every year even when Isen wasn't attending but before Doc was here to discourage the student body to do since everyone and I mean everyone was afraid of Doc.

But now Doc isn't here and it's kind of like a tradition, who was she to deny that? :>

She'll just have to make sure the ratio of alcohol to punch is...acceptable.

"So Aurielle, Evie and who else? Does anyone have suggestions on who else could film the night properly?" Sera asked, the rest of them pondered silently. Well, mostly silently.

Isen had his index fingers mushing against his temple, trying to recall all the responsible people he met in the school. 

"Why are all the responsible people already gathered here? Was there no one else that could uphold responsibilities in this school?" Isen muttered to himself, scanning his memory for at least one person that could do the job properly so he could gather black- I mean memories of XXXX prom night.

"Like you're one to talk..." Blyke replied back, also thinking about the student body and who could do it.

"Um," 

Everyone turned to Remi who had made the sound,

"I think I may have an idea," she smiled innocently before continuing with the talks of prom this year.

"Attention students, this is your current Queen, Remi, speaking on the matter of prom attendance. 

It has come to our attention that the majority of the student body has brought up concern over favouritism within the school regarding the people that will be attending,"

Blyke grimaced, this was bullshit. He couldn't believe that they actually had to make an 'official' announcement over this matter. If people actually used their brains, they would realize that this had nothing to do with 'favouritism'.

Remi glanced at her boyfriend before letting out a soft sigh, she wasn't any happier about this either. She reached out a hand, squeezing his because this had to be solved before it grows any further. 

This night was supposed to be dedicated purely to the graduating classes but the rest of the students were just being selfish. 

But, there was nothing to do, they already came up with a compromise that would be somewhat welcomed.

"I'm sure many of you know your fellow students, Aurielle and Evie. They will be in charge of filming the night and you may access the live stream of the prom night at Wellston's official website. You'll have access to multiple angles of the night and may choose which one to focus on thanks to your very own Jack, Isen. He worked all night to develop this for all of you."

Bold face lie but they couldn't prove shit, Blyke smirked. Isen had found this site 3 years ago and they had used it whenever they played laser tag back in their first year.

"Also, we will have an alumnus of Wellston in attendance as well, Kuyo. Though we requested that he attend we cannot control what he does as he has graduated already so I'm sure you'll all be amused about what he will be filming on prom.

We also have a 'disciple' of the famous Doc of Wellston, Kayden. Sadly, Doc doesn't work here anymore; his student will also be attending to film. I'm sure all of you are delighted about the fact that Doc still cares about this school."

John snickered in the background, bullshit, utter bullshit. 

The whole school was aware of this as well much to their dismay.

Docs' yells still echo through the halls to this day.

1 week ago during the meeting

"Kuyo, an alumnus of Wellston owes me a favour," Remi said with a guilty smile.

'I'm sorry Kuyo but it's for the good of Wellston...'

"So, you're suggesting that we bother an alumnus of this school to record the shenanigans that will be going down on prom night so the rest of the school can watch entertained?" Sera put it bluntly, her face showing not even an ounce of emotion.

"Yes...?" Remi answered hesitantly, when you put it that way Kuyo was essentially a babysit- oh he already babysat them once already.

That time did not turn out too well.....they almost died-

Anyways,

"I agree wholeheartedly," Isen exclaimed, there were stars in his eyes thinking about dragging a technically higher up into high school chaos again.

"Ahem," Arlo cleared his throat, he was frowning, obviously uncomfortable with this suggestion.

Remi's metaphorical puppy dog ears went down, Arlo averted his gaze.

"I....believe that Rei would want to witness his student's one and only prom night through his sister and his best friend so I think this will work out."

This was one of the rare moments where the people around Arlo could read his emotions. While the rest like Evie and Roland might not fully comprehend why Arlo was the one being emotional instead of Remi the rest knew. 

Rei was once in this position and trusted Arlo will uphold Wellston. While the school went through hell for a while, by the time prom rolled around which is in two weeks it seemed like everything was falling into its rightful places.

Remi nodded with a sad smile, she missed her older brother dearly but she thought that this event would make him proud. She laughed a little in her head, he would also get to witness his one and only best friend and partner in crime being dragged around by his younger sister to live stream his disciple's prom.

"Ah!" Elaine smiled, hitting her fist against her hand. "What if you invite Kayden as well? He's Doc's student and I think his attendance would diminish some thoughts of people wreaking havoc on prom."

Sera's lips twitch slightly.

John smirked.

They were not sorry whatsoever.

Present time at Woba Boba

"What did I ever do in my past life to get dragged into supervising a high school prom...?" Kayden bemoaned, he had his face against the cool table of Woba Boba as he whined to Kuyo.

"I thought I paid off all my favours to you Rei....your sister is a menace, a devil reincarnated," Kuyo answered back, his face also flat against the table. The image of the lovely Remi with her shiny pink hair with an angelic smile but devil horns popped up into his mind. 

'Reiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii you never mentioned that your sister was evil, you must be laughing in heaven, you bastard' 

Kuyo pouted slightly, fine, see who'll provide you with alcohol at your grave when your one and only best friend won't be treating you.

The employees snuck glances at the two men questioning their life choices at a boba place. One female employee just sighed, she had witnessed the chaos from Wellston so her heart went out to the two men. 

Word had already spread that the famous, number one school was going to film their prom night. Other schools, not wanting to be outdone also planned to video their night as well and now all the school websites now charged money to get a 'ticket' to watch the night unfold.

Present time at Wellston

"So, if you would like to watch the night where the fourth years get to have fun together one last time please go to Wellston's official website and buy a ticket. You may choose to watch the night from all the videographers or how many you want. One 'view' is $5 and so on. Say you only wanna watch from Aurielle's view then it's $5 or if you want to watch from Mister Kuyo, Mister Kayden, and Evie then it's $15. If you wanna watch from all views it's going to be $20.

The site can only handle 100 people on it so get your tickets as soon as possible.

That is all for today, have a good rest of the day. From the Prom team."

"AHAHAHHAHAHAHHA WE'RE GOING TO BE RICH, REMI I FUCKING LOVE YOU. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU THOUGHT OF CHARGING THE STUDENTS TO WATCHHHHH," Isen yelled out as he watched the money pour in. He and Cecile were currently in the Press room making sure that the money was coming in properly and so the site doesn't crash.

Most of the cash coming in was in the form of $20, looks like most of the school wanted to see all the angles of the night.

"It's not like it's your money, idiot," Cecile sighed tiredly but she smiled fondly. She was also feeling quite good about the money coming in despite having to graduate in a week's time.

"So what? This just means that the Safe House will have a larger budget next year for a hopefully way more successful trip. Who knows? We might even get to use the money to buy better furniture and activities for the club." Isen shrugged, feeling accomplished.

Ah, how nice it is to feel being not broke.

"You don't want the money for your prom next year?" Cecile asked, she tilted her head, curious. Isen always liked to go at things 1000% percent, she even knew that he spent some of his university funds with some of the other fourth years to buy the good alcohol to spike the punch.

"Eh, I mean if we have enough money to get a large enough pool and good food sure. Otherwise, I'm alright, all I'll be doing there is hanging around Blyke and Remi and annoying John."

"When you say the 'good food' you mean alcohol don't you?" Cecile quirked a brow, seeing through his explanation easily.

"What? Psshh no, of course not." Isen's smile quivered. Cecile just smirked, it wasn't like she was going to tell. If anything, the addition of alcohol just provided her with many interesting stories.

She mused about who would have the best reaction to the alcohol in two days: definitely not Arlo, he knew how to drink and would never get himself wasted in a public setting. Maybe, Holden, he was kind of a wild card and enjoyed playing around. She half shrugged, she'll find out in two days anyways.

"Do you have a date, Cecile?" Isen was looking at her from above as he was seated while she stood from behind the chair. She shrugged, "No, no one has asked me."

"Who would ask- I mean wow really??? I thought you would have plenty of offers by now." Isen hastily corrected himself and sat up straighter. Cecile merely narrowed her eyes at his slip of the tongue.

"Why don't you go with me?"

Isen whipped his head around, did he mishear? Was his head okay? Did he hear correctly?

He looked at Cecile as if she had two heads sticking out. His mouth was gaping open but no words came out.

"You're going to swallow a fly at this rate," she quipped, he immediately shut his mouth, his brows furrowing.

"Are you being serious?"

"Why wouldn't I be? You're only coming to prom because you're a Royal and I have to go to get information and since I'm a fourth year. You also said that you expected a lot of offers to be my date to come but they haven't. Might as well just be my plus one." Cecile reasoned with him, but the truth of the matter was that she was comfortable with Isen. 

He always had a response and wasn't afraid to speak his mind anymore. Well for the most part, an image of John and Arlo appeared in her mind, with the detail of Arlo holding a fork...

 He just helped her relax, if she had to go to prom she'll be damned if she wasn't going with someone she was comfortable with.

Isen's ears flushed, though he knew she was being rational, Cecile was still asking him to be her date!

He cleared his throat before nodding, "I'll go to prom with you."

Cecile smiled but Isen had already turned his head around, pretending to focus on the site again.

For the next little while, they both observed the money coming in and shit-talked the other schools that copied them.

okay so the original plan was to post this on Monday and i totally overestimated my ability to smush everything in a chapter cause this is already 3000+ words so I'll just do a part two with prom night but we have....drum roll pleaseeeee

CISEN

we have ✨CISEN✨ so i think i make up for those two uh shortcomings

next chapter will have prom getting ready, prom night, recording shenanigans, two grown-ass university men being forced to record high schoolers in a non-pedo way, and u know prom king and queen and shit :D

I'm going to guess and I'm probably wrong but i thinkkkkkk I'll have the next part up in idk a week or so

Hope you enjoyed!

✧ Astraea

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 627 26
*Read Second Chance first for story to make sense* Utterly defeated, the Royals return to Wellston, shocked and disunited. The loss took its toll on...
27.5K 933 32
(This story takes place in an alternate universe from the world of UnO, where the Royals of Wellston High are now the royals of the kingdom of Wellst...
46.5K 554 33
this story will be about a ship john and Seraphina (I don't own the characters i got the characters from uru-chan go follow her on Webtoon and read U...
18.8K 560 13
"Alright, so basically Headmaster Vaughn, your idea is to put ALL the troublemakers in the school on a week camping trip together, to try and make th...