ALIGNING OUR STARS

By maddamsirfiction14

Haseena Mallik (22) is a girl completing her law studies and aspires to join the force one day. She is innoce... More

Prologue- The Weird Girl
Chapter 1- Haseena: A Pervert
Chapter 2- Drunk Karishma
Chapter 4- Turning The Wrongs To Right
Chapter 5- Thankyous And Sorries
Chapter 6- Proving Her Innocence
Chapter 7- A Disguised Enemy?
Chapter 8- Blood And Bandages
Chapter 9- A Sweet And Salty Morning
Chapter 10- When All Went Well
Chapter 11- The Dinner Invitation
Chapter 12- The 'Dinner'
Chapter 13- Family At Stake

Chapter 3- What Have I Done!

950 217 57
By maddamsirfiction14

Hey guys, Iam back here with another update. I hope you enjoy it.

Vote and comment. Your comments encourage me to write more and follow for more.

Please ignore the errors

____________________________

The phone rang loudly, disturbing Karishma's sleep. She groaned in agony, Karishma loved her beauty sleep and now the caller was irritating her. She took her mobile in her hand and looked at the time, it was three in the morning. The caller id showed 'Santosh'

"Ka hai Santu?" Karishma asked with irritation clear in her voice. Her eyes were heavy due to sleeplessness while her head was aching.

"Karishma di, jaldi se ready hokar mene jo location bheja hain vahan aaiye. Apni college ki bags aur books sab leke aaiyega. Jaldi!" Santosh said and hung up the call. Karishma looked at her phone with annoyance and closed her eyes which were aching.

She was in severe guilt since the time she got to know about Haseena's innocence. The poor girl had not done anything but still got punished, just because she made Karishma her friend. She was cursing herself for the crime she had committed, everyone treated Haseena like shit and Karishma too had joined them. How could she be so stupid to think of her like that.

Following the juniors request, she got up and took a bath so that she could have some help to fight with her sleep. To dry her hairs, she stood infront of the mirror and grabbed the hairdryer before opening her towel. While drying her hair, her gaze settled upon the one specific hickey on her shoulder. Her soul shivered remembering the story behind it.

A few days ago, Rohit had asked her for a date. Karishma was more than happy to agree, Rohit rarely asked her out on dates nowadays. But little did she know, the date was only an arrangement to get physical with her. Karishma should have known it, getting physical with eachother seemed like the only reason to stay in the relationship apart for the fake promises Rohit frequently makes regarding him changing and becoming a good man. She still remembers how she had told him that she did not want to sleep with hin that night. Rohit did not like being rejected, especially by a women, so the next thing he did was to force himself on her. And the next day, when he saw Karishma crying, he promised that it would be the last time he did something like this.

Karishma sighed and packed her bag for the day, she did not want to think about him. She had other things to think about, other important things, like apologizing to Haseena for her behaviour. Any kind of punishment would not be enough to compensate for the way Karishma had humiliated her infront of everyone. She had slapped her and called her Charity Case infront of everyone.

She looked in the mirror and she was unable to make an eye contact with her own reflection. She was shameful for her act, she knew even God would not forgive her for doing something like this.

She moved outside the house and checked her mobile for the location, it was a five minute walk away. She still did not have idea why Santosh had called her so early in the morning, it was going to be four. She had slept at twelve because of the assignment which was due later. She yawned and moved forward, feeling the cold breeze hit her.

Five minutes later, she was at the location. Santosh waved her hand and Karishma did a small jog, only to find an upset face of Santu. "Ka hua Santu? Itna jaldi humein iss cafe ke samne kahe bulaya?" Karishma asked while looking at the 24/7 cafe board. The cafe had opened just opened and became really popular among the whole college. Reason- it was very near to college and the students came to chill there after the college hours.

Inspite of having good service and good food, the cafe was damn expensive. There was no item on the menu below two hundred ruppees. So, the only people came here were business men/women and employees of a company which paid really well. But good pay was not a thing in this place, the waiters, waitress, the cleaner and the sweeper got only a meagre amount of salary every month which would barely cover their expenses. And one of those employees was Haseena.

Just when Karishma thought about her, a bike halted infront of the cafe, disturbing the silence in the atmosphere. The rider took her helmet and it was none other than Haseena. She was in her uniform: an olive-green colour shirt with the restaurant's logo.

"Haseena itna subah subah yaha ka kar rahin hain?" Karishma asked in whisper.

"Batati hun, sab batati hun. Pehle aap yeh boliye apne kya kahan Haseena di ko sabke samne vahan pe?" Santosh asked making direct eye contact with her.

Karishma turned her head, avoiding the eye contact. "Tumko kese pata?" She asked in a low tone.

Santosh took her mobile out, opening her gallery and showing Karishma the video of her and the other girl slapping Haseena, humiliating her infront of everyone.

"Yeh tumhare paas kese?" She asked in the same tone as earlier.

"Kese?" Santosh asked in disbelief, "Pure college mein ye video circulate ho chuka hai, Karishma di. Ab tak toh sabne dekh liya hoga ki Haseena di kese beizzati hui hain" She said and added after a pause. "Kya apke pas koi saboot hai ki Haseena di ne jaan bujh ke uss ladki ko dhakka mara?" Santosh asked, expecting some kind of logical reply. But when she did not get it, she continued, "Nahi na? Koi saboot nahi hain. Pata hai kyu? Kyuki Haseena di ne janbujh ke dhakka maara hi nahi. Sagar bhaiya ne dhakka diya hain unhe" Santosh said as her voice started to become teary thinking about Haseena getting humiliated like that.

"Tum-tumko kaise malum?"

"KYUKI VOH HASEENA DI HAIN!" Santosh said loudly but then she calmed her voice down. The innocent Santosh was not innocent anymore. She knew what Haseena had to got though everyday just so she can get a qualification and join the force some day. "Apni sar ki kasam khaake kehti hun. Haseena di itni neech aur giri hui harkat kabhi nahi kar sakti." Santosh said and gulped her tears down. "Pata hain voh kyu abhi iss vaqt ayi hain yahan? Kyuki voh job karti hain. Hum-hum sab ki tatah nahi hain Haseena di, ki college gaye, aaye ghar, assignment kiya aur sou gye. Kaam karna padta hain unhe! Bas isliye taaki voh jee sake." Santosh said as a tear fell down from her eye. She took out her mobile and showed their last chat. "Dekh rahin haina aap di? Last hamare sath do baje baat ki hain unhone aur ab chaar baje yahan hai voh. Ab bataiye? Isse zada kya proof hoga unki begunahi ka?" She said scrolling the chat up.

Santosh had messaged her asking her if she was fine after today's incident. And there was only a single reply from Haseena, "Rehne do Santu. Ab toh aadat ho gyi hain humein." Reading the reply, Karishma let out a sob before sealing her mouth with her palm. She had committed a crime in for which any moral law would not forgive her. "Apne uss din pucha tha na mujh se, ki Haseena di kyun itna jaldi aati hain aur voh kyu apna breakfast college aake karti hain" Santosh said looking at the cafe. Haseena was clearly visible from there, "Bas iss hi liye, agar voh nashta karengi toh late ho jayengi" Santosh said, watching a man go inside the restaurant.

Because of the early hours in the morning, there were very few people working in the restaurant. She looked at the time in her wrist watch. It was almost five in the morning. People had slowly started to come to the cafe.

"Matlab Haseena yahin rahengi saath baje tak?" Karishma asked and Santosh nodded her head, putting Karishma in immense guilt.

Haseena was working so hard to make a living. The rich brats in her college, who were good for nothing, including herself, did not have any right to comment on her lifestyle. Who were they to insult and humiliate her, who were they to call her Charity Case when they themselves had gotten admission in the college only because of bribery. Haseena had atleast had worked hard and got a scholarship which proved her worth to be into the college.

She was no one infront of her, she did not have that level of maturity nor the responsibility. She was ashamed of herself

______________________________

After having her breakfast at a nearby tea stall, Karishma finally had some kind of peace, her hunger was satisfied a little, but the thoughts which were bugging her earlier did not leave. She could not manage her hungry self for even an hour, how was Haseena managing herself and doing her job at the same time. Throughout the breakfast, Santosh remained silent. Karishma knew that she was upset because of her.

After having her breakfast, she went to her college. It was already seven-fifteen. Haseena would probably be there in her class. Due the same subjects, and the same profession which the both had chose, they had almost every class together. And even this day, they had to attend their first lecture together.

She stood at the threshold, watching Haseena sitting in her usual place, having her breakfast. She knew that she had to make a move and talk to her, apologize for her mistakes. But she didnt know how. She had no idea how to apologize for such a big crime. She wished she could show her heart, so that Haseena could see how guilty she was, but was being guilty even a compensation for what she did.

Haseena was silent like always. Even yesterday she had not back answered her or had behaved rudely after the incident. If she wanted, she could do anything. She had literally seen Haseena on her bike while going home, yesterday she had chosen the longer route because she was not feeling good. The route she took was deserted, lack of people because it could not even be considered a road. She knew that Haseena had seen her walking alone. If she wanted, she could take revenge. There was no one, she could have done anything with her. But she went ahead and stood at the corner of the road as she took her mobile out. Karishma knew she was only pretending to use it. After she crossed the corner and went ahead, Haseena slowly followed her, trying to not make her presence be noticed but it was all in vain when Karishma took out her mobile and saw into the selfie camera, she could see Haseena following her slowly on her bike. Just like that, she reached her home and Haseena just went away. She was only there for her safety.

Karishma sighed and walked inside the class. She walked towards Haseena's desk and sat down. Haseena immediately got up, leaving her breakfast on the table and said, "I-Iam sorry. Hum-humein nahi laga tha aap yhan bethne wali hain. Hum-hum kahin aur jaake beth jaate hain" Haseena said as she fumbled with her bag.

Karishma was about to say something when she heard Rohit's voice. She looked at the door. He was not there yet. She hurried to some other place and sat down. She knew that if Rohit caught her talking with Haseena, it would be a big trouble.

The lecture started and just went by. Karishma was not really concentrating on it, all her focus was on Haseena. She was not able to bear the guilt.

________________________________

It was her lunch break when Haseena was caught by Rohit and his minions. She was just having her lunch behind the canteen where anyone barely even came. Haseena was there because she did not want anything like yesterday to happen.

At the moment, she was pinned to the wall by an angry Rohit.

"Saali! Hamari girlfriend pe hath dalogi tum?" Rohit said and punched her across her face.

"Na-nahi Rohit. Humne-humne esa kuch nahi kiya hain. Dekho, hamari baat suno. Yeh sab bas ek galatfehmi hain, aur kuch nahi" Haseena said defending herself, though her jaw was now paining.

"Toh kya Karishma jhooth bol rahi hain? Jhoothi hain voh?" He said and have her a punch on her nose.

This time, Haseena did not say anything. She was numb due to the harsh punch. She could feel the vibration in her whole body.

"Bako be, chup kyu ho?" Rohit said and punched her on her eye.

"Aaahhh" Haseena screamed in pain and Rohit smiled in satisfaction.

"Chaku laa" He said to one of his minions and he handled him the knife

"Nahi! Rohit please. Hamari baat sun lo bas, ek minute dedo humein." Haseena said but it was to no avail. Rohit held her through her throat and stabbed her in her shoulder. She pressed her throat so that she could not scream, he was suffocating her.

"Rohit! Tumhe principal ma'am ne bulaya hain" Karishma said, panting, coming from behind.

Without leaving Haseena and keeping her in the same hold, he answered, "Humein?"

Karishma nodded vigorously in response and Rohit left Haseena, making her fall on the ground, fighting for breath. "Baadmein dekh lenge isko" He said and left.

"Haseena!" Karishma said and kneeled down beside the panting Haseena.

Haseena, who was looking at the ground, now looked at her and her breath hitched in her throat.

"Kar-Karishma" Haseena gasped. She slowly stood up while holding her injured shoulder. She looked scared and nervous, and in pain.

"Aa-aaiye, hum apki madad krdete hain"

"Nahi!" Haseena said immediately and took her bag. "Hum-hum theek hain!" She fumbled and ran away.

"Haseena! Rukiye zara! Haseena!" Karishma called, but Haseena did mot stop, she kept running away from her.

.
.
.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 11K 42
Two people who have never crossed paths before; met in unusual circumstances and ended up falling in love------it's their story. Let's have glimpses...
22.1K 1.8K 39
Brought together by the circumstances, Amar and Haseena realize how they could spend their lives together! It's a simple story. A fan fiction based o...
164K 11.4K 43
Two women who resisted the temptation to be with each other-met again. Will they resolve their differences-Or, will they move in opposite directions...
35.3K 7.2K 63
This is a romantic story between Haseena Malik & Karishma Singh with some psychological thriller twists & turns. To know more read inside. *I'm not p...