Paired With The Player (Harry...

By HarryzDimple

Jasmine Brooks. Normal sixteen year old girl with a normal life. Annoying siblings, overprotective parents an... More

Paired With The Player (Harry Styles Fanfic)
Chapter Two: Butterflies.
Chapter Three: 1/5 Janoskians & Crying <3
Chapter Four: Hospital.

Chapter One: Irritating.

407 7 3
By HarryzDimple

JASMINE'S POV

When I was done screaming at my annoying nine year old sister, I decided to get ready for school. I brushed my straight, slightly wavy chestnut brown, long hair, outlined my stormy grey eyes with kohl, and curled my long eyelashes. Slipping on a pair of blue jeans shorts, I finished off my outfit with a black tank top which said 'Jack Daniels' on it, my black Vans and paper plane necklace.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. My pale creamy skin looked healthier than usual, which was a plus. My hair wasn't a rats nest - I didn't really get bed hair. I wasn't really one of those really insecure girls, I knew I had flaws, but I generally didn't have a problem with myself.

I ran down the stairs with my handbag/schoolbag containing my phone, iPod, makeup and school stuff like a spasticated gorilla, jumping the last few steps. My lunch was waiting in a carrier bag for me, made by my Mum.

Calling a quick goodbye, I exited the house, strolling slowly, in no rush, to the bus stop. A few people I recognised from school stood, bored and clicking the keys in their phones. Among them was the one and only Harry Styles. He was gorgeous, I had to admit, though he had a different girl every week. A player. DEFINITELY not the type of guy I'd go for, hot or not.

I knew him vaguely. We're friends, I guess. Acquaintances. I sit next to him for Science because of the stupid seating plan. We talk and get along, but I don't hang out with him when I'm not in class.

I'm not as popular as him. He has girls throwing themselves at him, just for his looks. I don't think anyone he's been with gives a shit about his personality. That's kind of sad, I have to admit. I am friends with everyone in my form group and many others, but I'm not the hottest girl in school that every guy dreams of going out with and honestly, I don't want to be.

"Hey, Jasmine," Harry smiles, making his way over to me.

My name is Jasmine Brooks. Jas to all my friends.

"Hey Harry." I grinned.

"How's life?"

"Shit."

"At least you're normal," he laughed.

My life isn't really bad. I have some problems at home financially, like everyone. And I have to study for exams and everything. So yeah, I'm normal.

"Yeah." I agreed; changed the subject. "Did we have any geography homework?"

Harry and I are in the same form group, so unless we have different sets for subjects, we're together. We don't have sets for geography based on ability, so I'm asking him.

"No."

"Good, 'cause I didn't do it."

"Ooh, we got a badass over here!" He chuckled.

"Shut up." I giggled, sticking my tongue out at him.

Our bus arrived, half full of tired people, just like us. We entered, Harry spotting some of his popular friends and running off to them without saying goodbye. Typical boy.

None of my friends that are close to me and worth talking to were on the bus, so I sat at the back and put in my earphones, turning my music up. I wasn't into mainstream music like pop and R&B. I was more into punk rock, punk pop, indie and hip hop. I like Emblem3 (Team Inspire!), Black Veil Brides, All Time Low, Pierce The Veil, Imagine Dragons, Sleeping With Sirens, 5 Second Of Summer... Bands and artists like that. I like bands. Preferable boy bands.

I read on Wattpad on my Samsung Galaxy S ||| because I really had nothing better to do and the books on Wattpad were good. Right now I was reading a book called 'His To Keep'. It's creepy and really good.

When the bus finally pulled up to the bus top opposite my school, students departed. I clumped down the sidewalk after them, headphones still in, mentally preparing myself to face my overactive insane friends.

I entered our form room after Harry, my best friend Mariam glaring at me.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"It's not fair!" She yelled.

"What's not fair?"

"Cats! Why do THEY bloody have nine lives? We're more important and we die so easily!"

I rolled my eyes and chucked my bag on my seat, removing my leather jacket. "I KNOW! We should have nine lives too."

"EXACTLY. Tell Labiba. She's trying to tell me that cats have one life only."

I looked at our other best friend, Labiba, who was deep in conversation with another one of our classmates, Naomi.

"LABIBA." I demanded her attention.

"Yeah?" She turned, facing me.

"CATS HAVE NINE LIVES."

She just laughed and turned away. Glowering, I looked back at Mariam, who had already forgotten our previous conversation.

"I saw you walking in with Harry." She said, face turning serious.

"So?" I stared at her, confused on the concern etched in her features.

A smile lit up her face. "Did you come to school with him?" Her tone was teasing.

"So what if I did?"

"I just think you two will be a good couple, that's all."

"Yeah, like that's ever gonna happen. We're just friends. Barely that."

"Sure, sure. Then why is he staring at you?"

"What?"

I turn sharply, eyes locking with Harry's. He blushes lightly, smirks at me, then looks away. I roll my eyes in irritation. Stupid player. Always flirting.

"Dude, he's a player." I tell Mariam.

"Dude, he likes you."

"It's because I'm amazing."

"You wish."

*****

I walk into Science, bored and tired since it's a lesson we have last period. Harry's already seated, surprisingly, as he is always late for class. He grins at me as I plonk my butt down on the grey stool.

"How's your day, Brooks?"

"Fine." I looked at him. "You?"

"Good. Anne asked me out." He chuckles happily.

Woohoo. Anne. The biggest, most irritating idiot in the whole of our year. She'd be pretty if she wasn't caked in makeup, and adorned in slutty clothes.

"Well done you."

"You don't like her, do you?" Harry laughs lightly.

"Nope. You could do WAY better. And that's coming from me, so you know I'm being honest, 'kay Styles?"

"Sure. She's a great girl, though. IF you got to know her."

"And how well do YOU know her?"

He hesitated. "Better than you."

Wow. So he didn't know her that well. No surprise there. Harry dates practically every girl, so...

"Okay, class." My Science teacher, Mr Harris, called our attention. He started to bore us all with a stupid lecture. I zoned out for most of it, doodling circles on my book.

I only paid attention when he spoke about a Science project we're gonna be assigned to. We had to work in partners. I grinned, looking and straight away locking gazes with Sofani, one of my closest friends.

"I'll be choosing your partners." He spoke. A groan rang through the class.

He went through a list of names; I daydreamed some more. Until the said the three words I dreaded.

"Harry and Jasmine."

Oh, shit.

*

HARRY

I silently chuckled as I saw Jasmine's face drop. This was going to be so much fun. I don't think anyone understands how amazing it is to annoy someone who you KNOW gets irritated easily. That's Jasmine.

"So do you wanna come to my place after school?" She suggested.

I have to admit, I admire her making an effort. "I'm not sure."

Her brow furrows. "We don't have much time for this project, Harry. Are you gonna participate or act spoilt?"

I shot her a dirty look. "If I don't participate, what's it to you?"

"I'll tell."

"I thought you're not a snitch."

"Things change."

"You've never snitched on me before."

"There's a first for everything."

"I'll come to yours at five, okay?"

"You better."

"Aw, I will, babe. You didn't need to beg."

She glared daggers at me as I glided out of the door, off to see Anne. I didn't really like her at all, but she was popular. For some reason, don't even ask why, boys were attracted to her.

I thought about Jasmine as I walked through the packed corridors, pushing people out of the way. Was she pretty? I've never really focused on her looks before.

I though. Her stormy, gorgeous grey eyes framed with long lashes. Creamy skin. Pinky red lips. Long legs. Curvy figure. Flowing chestnut waves.

Jasmine wasn't pretty.

She was beautiful.

I bit my bottom lip, watching as she overtook me, eyes staring intently at her phone. She didn't see me.

I thought about talking to her, trying to make conversation, but decided against it.

It wouldn't work anyway. We're total opposites. It would never work.

Plus, I'm going to annoy her the whole time I'm at her house with her.

This is going to be fun.

*

JASMINE

I'm on such a high right now. My iPod was plugged into its speakers, blasting out 'New Years' Day' by Black Veil Brides. I danced madly along, hair swinging in different directions (ONE DIRECTION ;)).

The song ended too soon for my liking; I checked the time on my phone. 4:30. Harry would be here in half an hour. Or knowing him, longer.

Running a brush through my tangled course of waves, I ran down the stairs, entering my dazzlingly clean kitchen. My Mum had obviously been busy while I was at school.

I didn't know where my Mum or any of my siblings were, and my Dad was at work, so I just hunted around for something to eat. Opening the microwave, I found a dish of lasagne. Good.

After eating I wandered around, bored. My phone vibrated in the back pocket of my jeans.

I grabbed it and opened the new message.

FROM: Kieraaaaaaaaaa

Hey! Mariam told me you and Harry are working together for science ;)

Dont act like ur not getting any fancy underwear out ;) ;) ;) xxx

I groaned loudly, then laughed. Typical, pervy Kiera.

TO: Kieraaaaaaaaaa

Yeah we are working together. IM GETTING NO UNDERWEAR OUT. I don't even like him.. He's too full of himself. And he's dating Anne x

A minute later, I got a reply.

FROM: Kieraaaaaaaaaa

Isn't Anne his mums name? LOOL imagine dating a guy with the same name as ur dad. AWKWARD.

TO: Kieraaaaaaaaaa

How the hell do you even know his mums name?

FROM: Kieraaaaaaaaaa

I have my ways ;)

TO: Kieraaaaaaaaaa

You stalking freak.

I sent the message, shoving my phone back in my pocket.

The doorbell rang. I grimaced, knowing exactly who would be waiting on the other side. Surprisingly, he's only five minutes late. I was expecting worse.

I opened the door. "Hey."

"Hi." He gave me a huge smile, walking past me and eyeing my house. "Nice place."

"I know."

He chuckled, walking into the living room and falling on the sofa.

"Make yourself at home." I said, sarcasm dripping from my tone.

He snickers. "Let's begin, JB."

What?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know this is short, but it's just an introduction to the story. My updates will be 2/3 pages long and frequent. The next chapter will have more detail and description.

This isn't my first fanfic on Wattpad, but my other one isn't finished. It's called 'They Don't Know About Us'.

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 17.2K 18
"α€˜α€±α€Έα€α€Όα€Άα€€α€œα€¬α€•α€Όα€±α€¬α€α€šα€Ί α€„α€œα€»α€Ύα€„α€Ία€œα€Ύα€―α€•α€Ία€žα€½α€¬α€Έα€œα€­α€―α€·α€α€²α€·.... α€™α€Ÿα€―α€α€Ία€›α€•α€«α€˜α€°α€Έα€—α€»α€¬...... ကျွန်တော် α€”α€Ύα€œα€―α€Άα€Έα€žα€¬α€Έα€€ α€žα€°α€·α€”α€¬α€™α€Šα€Ία€œα€±α€Έα€€α€Όα€½α€±α€€α€»α€α€¬α€•α€«.... α€€α€»α€½α€”α€Ία€α€±α€¬α€Ία€›α€„α€Ία€α€―α€”α€Ία€žα€Άα€α€½α€±α€€...
4.1M 170K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.6M 120K 44
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
3.1M 70.2K 81
Diana is an 18 year old girl about to start her senior year until she bumps into a woman at the bookstore who has quite the personality. The woman ta...